PDA

View Full Version : Who deserves more blame?

Gino
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Dwight Howard for missing Free throws, or Jameer Nelson for not covering the three point line?

The obvious choice is Dwight (and I might not disagree), but what do you think went through Fisher's mind when he calmly dribbled up to the three point line and saw Jameer Nelson wasnt going to even guard him?

JamStone
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Rashard Lewis.

lebomb
06-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Van Gundy for not fouling and allowing the Lakers to even attempt a 3.

Allanon
06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Rashard Lewis.

6 points. 2 shots made. $100 million contract.

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 01:31 PM
SVG...he's completely unstable and the team has no idea what line-ups or decisions will be made on the court.

pauls931
06-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Lots of blame, but Howard is known for being a bad FT shooter, Rashad being a no show hurt more, jameer missing shots and giving fisher an uncontested 3 hurt more, not fouling hurt more...

Gino
06-12-2009, 01:32 PM

Big deal. Howard makes either of those two free throws and the game is OVER.

Besides, everyone has bad games. Kobe makes 20 million and missed 20 of 30 shots.

But missing both free throws in a game like that, or refusing to cover the three point line in that situation is un-forgiveable!

BlackSwordsMan
patrick chewing for not teaching dwight howard how to shoot with your back towards the rim

BlackSwordsMan
magic need to hire duncan when he retires in two years

Gino
06-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I think people are missing the point of this thread.

The magic were up by 5 with less than a minute to go.

There were two botched plays. If either of those players (Howard and Nelson) just did SOMEWHAT of what they were suppose to do, Orlando wins that game.

JamStone
06-12-2009, 01:37 PM

Besides, everyone has bad games. Kobe makes 20 million and missed 20 of 30 shots.

But missing both free throws in a game like that, or refusing to cover the three point line in that situation is un-forgiveable!

If Rashard Lewis does better than 1-for-9 from the floor in regulation, attempts even 1 free throw in the game, would the game even have been that close at the end of regulation?

Every player has bad games, but when you are paid franchise money, you find a way to impact the game when you don't have it going with your jump shot. He didn't get to the free throw line once. Not once in regulation or overtime. Rashard is their main scoring threat on the team and he makes one field goal in regulation. One.

z0sa
06-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Orlando definitely lost this one, not the opposite.

Dwight Howard is sadly to blame.

Allanon
06-12-2009, 01:38 PM

32 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds. It's not a great game by Kobe standards but by no stretch was that a "bad" game.

This is the 2nd no-show game for Rashard Lewis in these Finals.

monosylab1k
06-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Turkoglu bricking 3 FT's late in the game hurt more than anything.

JamStone
06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I think the more you delve into the game, you find out that the Orlando Magic as an entire team had a collective gagger.

sook
06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
The Orlando Magic

Kori Ellis
06-12-2009, 02:03 PM
You started this thread, then 10 minutes later started the other thread asking almost the same thing in a poll? :wtf

dirk4mvp
06-12-2009, 02:39 PM

Anyone who has half a brain would take Lewis over Odumb.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I blame Kobe's blatant, intentional elbow to a poor smaller guard.

sonic21
06-12-2009, 02:52 PM
SVG

they had a real good thing going in the playoffs and he inserted Jameer Nelson, everybody knew he would disrupt chemistry except SVG.

JamStone
06-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't think Jameer playing disrupted chemistry all that much. However, SVG's use and over-use of Jameer has messed things up. In game 1, you could argue it affected Rafer some even in game 2, but I still put that more on Rafer than SVG actually playing Jameer. And, had SVG taken out Jameer after 6-8 minutes in the first half instead of leaving him the entire second quarter in game 1, it probably would have been fine. As we saw in game 3, if Jameer is playing primarily just back-up minutes around 10-15 minutes a game, I think it would have been fine. It's not a matter of disrupting chemistry as much as it's the fact that Jameer isn't playing great right now. He still makes some good plays here and there, but he shouldn't be logging heavy minutes and he shouldn't have been playing at the end of the game last night.

I think claiming that it disrupted chemistry is finding an excuse. Jameer made mistakes last night, but it wasn't about disrupting chemistry. It was about making poor or bad basketball plays, not chemistry. And, again, it's just as much on SVG over playing him as it is on anything else.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
i dont get it...rafer did awesome in game 3, and then he is pulled for game 4.

TJastal
06-12-2009, 05:01 PM

First mistake was Gundy telling his team not to foul, and basically just contest the 3. Second was putting the smallest guy in the gym out there to execute this plan.

This loss is mostly on Van Gundy.

iggypop123
06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
i blame the lakers. they just made some shots beating a team they are supposed to beat

Fabbs
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
First mistake was Gundy telling his team not to foul, and basically just contest the 3. Second was putting the smallest guy in the gym out there to execute this plan.

This loss is mostly on Van Gundy.
True but does he have to tell his professional multimillionaire point guard to step up and defend against the 3 pter as opposed to backing the *&^% up and giving Swisher more room to launch? Even tho Van Gruntyovich made the idiotic decisions to not foul and to have midget breath on Swisher, he certainly did not tell Jameer "don't defend against the three". :depressed

A grade school kid knows the strategy when up 3 defending with under 10 seconds, in this case 7 or 6 when Swisher entered into Jameers territory.
:downspin::bang

NBAfan83
06-12-2009, 08:04 PM
i dont get it...rafer did awesome in game 3, and then he is pulled for game 4.

Agreed, although, he wasn't hitting that well in the 3rd Q, it's not like he was going 1 on 5 or always looking for his own shot, Jameers passing skills at the moment is regulated to him driving to the paint and tossing it to Dwight, or passing it to turgkolu.