PDA

View Full Version : Hell has frozen over.....Bill Simmons giving props to LAL

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
1:14: Kobe waves his teammates away, goes one-on-five, drives into the lane and draws a block on Nelson. No free throws because Orlando isn't even in the penalty yet. Why? Because the Magic have been getting every call for four quarters. (See Laker fans? And you thought I wouldn't mention this.) In fact, over a 16:53 stretch from the fourth quarter until the last three seconds of overtime, Orlando attempted 18 free throws and L.A. attempted zero. Zero!!!! How is that possible? That stat alone makes me wonder if Game 4 was more of a "greatest comeback" than a "greatest choke." But we're getting ahead of ourselves.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 02:42 PM
but but the refs are on our side.

iggypop123
06-12-2009, 03:31 PM
i think espn announced later today bill simmons was suspended for complimenting the lakers. not his job

Gino
06-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Lakers fans are too stupid to realize he disses Kobe in the first sentence of that paragraph.

Or is it really a diss when he's just writing what happened?

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 03:38 PM
:lmao losing to ORL in the 2nd round

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Bill! How dare you take sides with the Lakers?! I'm going to go cry again.

Gino
06-12-2009, 03:42 PM
1:02: Kobe clangs another horrendous shot (a contested 28-foot 3-pointer). Orlando gets the rebound. Quick recap of Kobe's fourth quarter, because he's going to win the Finals MVP and it can't be forgotten how bad he was from the second half of Game 3 (3-for-14) through the one-minute mark of Game 4 (9-for-26 to this point): Turnover; contested jumper (make); contested jumper (miss); contested drive (miss); contested jumper (make); contested drive (blocked), wide-open 3 (miss); contested drive (bad pass, recovered by L.A.); contested drive (draws blocking foul); contested 3 (miss).

We saw him do it in the 2004 and 2008 Finals; we're seeing it now. As soon as he can smell that trophy, he goes into Get Out of My Way, Let Me Do It Mode.

2004 Finals (five games): 113 FGA, 25 FTA, 38.0 FG percent
2008 Finals (six games): 131 FGA, 49 FTA, 40.5 FG percent
2009 Finals (four games): 112 FGA, 36 FTA, 42.9 FG percent

What's really strange: Nobody has ever won an NBA title with a best player in Get Out Of My Way, Let Me Do It Mode if he didn't play well. It's just never happened. So basically, I don't know what to make of the 2009 Finals. It has nothing in common with anything that has ever happened before. My theory: because of the economy, nobody improved their team at the trading deadline and strengthened whatever holes they had, so we just ended up with a bunch of flawed contenders. Just one of those years. Opened the door for ... this.

Thats what Ive been saying. Weakest opponents for a champion in NBA history.

If Orlando was a finals-worthy team, this series would be over considering how much Kobe has shot the Lakers in the foot.

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Yes this non-Finals worthy team face fucked the defending champion Celtics in BOSTON in the deciding Game 7 and then went on to demolish the #1 team in the regular season without HCA. Clearly not Final's worthy.

Gino
06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes this non-Finals worthy team face fucked the defending champion Celtics in BOSTON in the deciding Game 7 and then went on to demolish the #1 team in the regular season without HCA. Clearly not Final's worthy.

Thats not getting face-fucked. When you dont have arguably your best player, you cant expect them to win it all.

For instance, could the Lakers have beaten Orlando without Gasol? No way!!!

LnGrrrR
06-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Rigged =/= inept refs :)