PDA

View Full Version : Seriously People....

antgomez2009
06-12-2009, 02:52 PM
I honestly think we need to trade some of our fans, because they are looking past a dynasty!

Trading Manu will not make us an instant contender! Just like Pop, tony and tim would say on trading Manu, "Cmon are you kidding me, i dont see it happening"

Im not going to even get into stats, because i know what this guy can do being a 100% healthy, and not to many guys in the league can match that. His value, probably a good reason to trade him FOR THE FUTURE of the SPURS organization, but we have to be honest with ourselves, because frankly, I dont see the Spurs even reaching the conf finals if they trade Manu! Who in college with that #5 pick from the wizards can contribute what we need like we can get from Manu! I dont think anyone!

The people who litterally want Manu to be traded for their own sake are probably the ones to stab a friend in the Back!

He wants to finish his career in San Antonio, and I think he has proven himself to be able to retire a SPUR.

I think the SPURS will do a bigger favor to the fans by not trading Manu, allow him to PROVE himself once again (for all the Nay-Sayers out there) and let him along with Tony, Pop, role players (Who ever they decide to surround the other 3) and Timmy to make a few more runs at what we all want..... a got dam ......................:lobt2:.

I for one dont want to trade Manu, because he has proven to me to be a True Champ and he shows loyalty to his fans and organization.

I think the SPURS need to think about trading Some other guys before we even think about considering trading Manu or Tony!

Those other guys can be replaced (Shooters, Defense, Height, Atheletic)

But some one like Manu, Tony Or Tim do not come around very often, especially at a cheap price!

:wgaf:I do because im a SPUR till i D-I-E.

mouse
06-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Good to see someone speak their mind

SpursWench21
06-12-2009, 03:20 PM
I honestly think we need to trade some of our fans, because they are looking past a dynasty!

Trading Manu will not make us an instant contender! Just like Pop, tony and tim would say on trading Manu, "Cmon are you kidding me, i dont see it happening"

Im not going to even get into stats, because i know what this guy can do being a 100% healthy, and not to many guys in the league can match that. His value, probably a good reason to trade him FOR THE FUTURE of the SPURS organization, but we have to be honest with ourselves, because frankly, I dont see the Spurs even reaching the conf finals if they trade Manu! Who in college with that #5 pick from the wizards can contribute what we need like we can get from Manu! I dont think anyone!

The people who litterally want Manu to be traded for their own sake are probably the ones to stab a friend in the Back!

He wants to finish his career in San Antonio, and I think he has proven himself to be able to retire a SPUR.

I think the SPURS will do a bigger favor to the fans by not trading Manu, allow him to PROVE himself once again (for all the Nay-Sayers out there) and let him along with Tony, Pop, role players (Who ever they decide to surround the other 3) and Timmy to make a few more runs at what we all want..... a got dam ......................:lobt2:.

I for one dont want to trade Manu, because he has proven to me to be a True Champ and he shows loyalty to his fans and organization.

I think the SPURS need to think about trading Some other guys before we even think about considering trading Manu or Tony!

But some one like Manu, Tony Or Tim do not come around very often, especially at a cheap price!

+1 dude, well put. I think its totally unfair to write off manu so quickly. Up until his injuries, he was one of the greatest gifts to the Spurs organization....and you know what, i think he STILL is and can continue to be a great gift to our team. I also think this season is being set up as a great chance for him to rebound from his injuries and show all those "quick to trade Manu for unproven #5 draft pick and decent-good player" haters. I mean seriously, the stats dont lie, his style of play is so deadly it gets into the opposing teams heads, and he never fails to quietly destory the others teams morale by making an implausible and yet incredible play in clutch situations.....and lets not forget his accomplishments that, in themselves, IMO, show him way more respect than he receives from the media or the like. I dont think ANYONE on the current roster of the wizards will do anything close to what Manu has done for the Spurs... not Arenas, not nick young (although i dig his potential), and surely not a #5 draft pick in the weakest draft in the past few years.

Im behind Manu staying and the Spurs next ring run all the way...:flag: :lobt2:

ffadicted
06-12-2009, 04:18 PM
+1000000000000000

NRHector
06-12-2009, 05:07 PM
:toast

06-12-2009, 05:08 PM
fans are just disappointed by this season. manu with his sequence of injuries leading to the climax of a season ending one. then the spurs practically rolled over and died in the first round without even a fight. spurs fans want changes and they want someone to blame. i don't think the spurs can find someone willing to trade a better player for ginobili so its going to have to be a restructuring of the role players to boost this team. but if that butler + 5th pick offer ever comes, i don't think the spurs will turn it down. people who lost faith in ginobili will just have to endure another season. if he really turns out to be the injury prone and declining player they claim, then there is good news. ginobili will be a FA in 2010.

xtremesteven33
06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
shHdBhzfOSY

ducks
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I do not think anyone wants to trade manu just to trade manu
people who are open to trade manu would only do so to improve the team

rayray2k8
06-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I do not think anyone wants to trade manu just to trade manu
people who are open to trade manu would only do so to improve the team

You're one of the few who want manu gone..

Great post by the noob.

ducks
06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I do not want him gone for ray allen or alot of players
only to improve the team

rayray2k8
06-12-2009, 05:40 PM
So... You want him gone.. right? :P

Mel_13
06-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I do not want him gone for ray allen or alot of players
only to improve the team

Then answer the question you and others always avoid.

Who can Manu be traded for that will improve the Spurs and also offer enough to the other team for them to make the trade?

Patiently awaiting your reply

ducks
06-12-2009, 05:54 PM
So... You want him gone.. right? :P

only if they can trade him to improve the chances of spurs winning it all

spurs need to improve to win it all
if it means moving players other then duncan and tp then so be it

tp is untouchable because spurs would have no shot at winning it all if they trade him
another point guard would take atleast a year to get on same page as duncan and learn the o

duncan is still untouchable right now
enough said

ducks
06-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Who can Manu be traded for that will improve the Spurs and also offer enough to the other team for them to make the trade?

butler and the 5 pick

ducks
06-12-2009, 05:56 PM

I am not the gm
if I was I would make calls and see who is on the block

I would call on bosh

vander
06-12-2009, 06:09 PM
manu's done (as an elite player), he was done a year ago already. we won't win another title with him

get over it

Mel_13
06-12-2009, 06:10 PM
I am not the gm

I would call on bosh

butler and the 5 pick

Thanks for proving my point. The Spurs will never be able to offer the best package for Bosh and the Butler plus #5 trade is great for the Spurs, but it sucks for Washington.

The transformation of the current roster into a championship contender this summer is a very, very tall order.

Complaining that such a transformation does not take place is nothing more than whining.

If the Spurs do not trade Manu this summer it will because a mutually advantageous and agreeable deal could not be made, plain and simple.

ducks
06-12-2009, 06:21 PM
thanks for proving my point. The spurs will never be able to offer the best package for bosh and the butler plus #5 trade is great for the spurs, but it sucks for washington.

The transformation of the current roster into a championship contender this summer is a very, very tall order.

Complaining that such a transformation does not take place is nothing more than whining.

If the spurs do not trade manu this summer it will because a mutually advantageous and agreeable deal could not be made, plain and simple.

is not washington over the cap?
denver over cap dumped camby for nothing....

Mel_13
06-12-2009, 06:37 PM
is not washington over the cap?
denver over cap dumped camby for nothing....
Thanks again for continuing to prove my point. Camby was traded for nothing but cap relief. Denver saved about 10M in salary and an equal amount in lux tax because the Clippers were UNDER the cap.

Washington is indeed over the cap. Perhaps they will become desperate to move a contract. Perhaps they will become desperate enough to move a big contract.

They have three big multi-year contracts, Arenas, Jamison, and Butler. Arenas is probably unmovable. Jamison is the one they would try to move, but lets say they have no takers. So now they are desperate enough to move a 29yr old all-star on a favorable contract. Lets even say that they are so desperate that they are willing to sweeten the deal with #5 pick.

Now they need a team that can absorb all or most Butler's contract so they can ACTUALLY GET CAP RELIEF.

The Spurs can't absorb Butler's contract because they are also OVER the cap. They must send similar sized contracts in return. The best the Spurs can do is send Oberto and Bowen as part of the deal so Washington can cut them and save about 4M.

That ain't gonna cut it. IF the Wizards field offers for Butler plus #5, much as if Toronto fields offers for Bosh, there will be a line of teams with better assets than what the Spurs have to offer in return.

Care to try again?

Blackjack
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM
^^:tu

crc21209
06-12-2009, 07:10 PM
If we have a core next year of: Timmy, Tony, Manu, Bruce, Hill, Mason, maybe Gooden and Mahinmi and some FA signings or draft picks, I think we might be looking at a repeat of the 2003 Season, when no one really thought the Spurs could win it all, but the Spurs pulled thru with their mix of vets and young guns. Bonner, Finley, Vaughn, and Udoka should all be gone for this to happen also.

underdawg
06-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Spurs fans recently seem to get anxious about our status quo each year and there's always a few that seem desperate to make changes that don't make sense as if the Spurs are a team that make big trades or make big free agent acquisitions. The fact of the matter is that we were lucky to get the #1 pick to draft Duncan and the FO reluctantly drafted Parker and wisely drafted Manu. There is no doubt that those 3 are the reason that the Spurs have stayed relevant for so long. At this point, I think fans need to realize that the mere idea of pawning off Manu has little chance of bettering the team -- in fact the best option without a doubt is to take the chance that Manu comes back healthy. That is the only chance the Spurs have of remaining relevant - period. Fantasies of bringing in equal value of what Manu has been and can be are much more of a pipe dream than the chance of Manu coming back close to his old self. As a fan, I'd rather take a chance on a player like Ginobili any day and every day.

Sissiborgo
06-13-2009, 08:46 AM
The best thing for us is too keep manu and hopefuly draft Jerrels if that will happend then we got one hell of a team....make Jerrels srat and manu drop in like he's used to do! No finley he's getting too old!:fro

TMTTRIO
06-13-2009, 09:50 AM
^Great post. I guess I'm one of the few who thinks with a whole summer of rest and rehab Manu will make a great recovery and be back doing the things that Manu does. People who are saying he's done, going down the drains, and old it's a stress fracture and not something chronic or something he can't recover from with a lot of rest (even the doctors said he should be fine without any problems). Yes he's had a horrible year injury wise but people also forget that before the stress fracture in the 40 games he did play he had a few 30 point games along with some athletic plays (block on D Wade and dunk) before he found out about the stress fracture thing. I'm more concerned about Tim's chronic knee condition that's not going to get any better and is going to start bothering him more.

exstatic
06-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Quickly? Seeing TWO FUCKING SEASONS go down the drain because he ended up injured is writing him off quickly?

I don't think so.

exstatic
06-13-2009, 10:21 AM
^Great post. I guess I'm one of the few who thinks with a whole summer of rest and rehab Manu will make a great recovery and be back doing the things that Manu does. People who are saying he's done, going down the drains, and old it's a stress fracture and not something chronic or something he can't recover from with a lot of rest (even the doctors said he should be fine without any problems). Yes he's had a horrible year injury wise but people also forget that before the stress fracture in the 40 games he did play he had a few 30 point games along with some athletic plays (block on D Wade and dunk) before he found out about the stress fracture thing. I'm more concerned about Tim's chronic knee condition that's not going to get any better and is going to start bothering him more.

Willie Anderson had stress fractures and lost portions of 2-3 seasons with them. What, exactly, do you think the Spurs publicity machine is GOING to say about the situation? That's it's sketchy and they're not sure what will happen? That would be great for season ticket sales....

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Quickly? Seeing TWO FUCKING SEASONS go down the drain because he ended up injured is writing him off quickly?

I don't think so.

2 seasons wat couldve been a lineup of trophies of a dynasty instead of being team of the decade

rascal
06-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I am not the gm

I would call on bosh

Exactly. I laugh at these guys who want answers on who you should get in a trade. Like we should know and we are the ones making the calls around the league to find out who is available. There are players available for trade that no one even realizes.

Outside of Duncan and Parker who you don't trade but build around Manu and Hill (to some extent) have the most trade value. All the rest are almost worthless except as expiring contracts to those teams looking to shed salary.

If you want to go into next season with basically the same team except switching out a couple role players with equally talented role players then you keep Manu. The spurs won't be upgrading the frontline with a player that will make any type of difference if they are not willing to trade anyone of value.

Dr. Gonzo
06-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Trade Parker

rascal
06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
If we have a core next year of: Timmy, Tony, Manu, Bruce, Hill, Mason, maybe Gooden and Mahinmi and some FA signings or draft picks, I think we might be looking at a repeat of the 2003 Season, when no one really thought the Spurs could win it all, but the Spurs pulled thru with their mix of vets and young guns. Bonner, Finley, Vaughn, and Udoka should all be gone for this to happen also.

This does not look good at all. Counting on Mahinmi who can't even get healthy enough to get on the court and a low end role player fa signing and a 2nd round draft pick to bolster the frontline won't win a championship.

Mel_13
06-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Exactly. I laugh at these guys who want answers on who you should get in a trade. Like we should know and we are the ones making the calls around the league to find out who is available. There are players available for trade that no one even realizes.

Outside of Duncan and Parker who you don't trade but build around Manu and Hill (to some extent) have the most trade value. All the rest are almost worthless except as expiring contracts to those teams looking to shed salary.

If you want to go into next season with basically the same team except switching out a couple role players with equally talented role players then you keep Manu. The spurs won't be upgrading the frontline with a player that will make any type of difference if they are not willing to trade anyone of value.

You have said the Spurs need a "borderline all-star" frontcourt player to help Duncan. That is certainly a limited, definable group of players. You have also gone on and on about how Manu's injuries have hurt the Spurs so much the past two seasons.

But you want the FO to somehow transform the player you don't want the Spurs to keep into the player you say that the Spurs need. Certainly you must see how unlikely that is to occur. Why would a team give up a borderline all-star to get a player who, by your description, cannot be relied upon to be there when the playoffs come around?

Just as Pop said, if a "stupid" trade is put on the table then by all means take it. But what you are calling for is extremely unlikely, if not impossible.

If you are to contend otherwise, it should be easy enough to identify one or two possible players that meet your required talent level and would make sense for the other team to trade.

To contend otherwise without offering at one plausible scenario to support your contention is just whining.

SANANTOJAMES
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
manu will have a great season...

sammy
06-14-2009, 11:33 PM

Agreed! Great post! I am totally against trading Manu unlike some traitor fans who forget what he has given this team, Championships! How can you turn your back on Manu after all he's given us! Where's the loyalty fSpurs fans! He's been loyal to us and this is how we repay him by wanting trade him! All of these so called Spurs fans should be ashamed of themselves! Shameful!:bang

ducks
06-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Trade Parker

when duncan retires after a couple years if spurs can not get any help other then tp and then rebuild with 2 young studs and draft picks

ducks
06-14-2009, 11:37 PM

I don't think so.

preach it

mookie2001
06-14-2009, 11:39 PM

I don't think so.

ducks
06-14-2009, 11:42 PM
manu will have a great season...

what about a posteason?
what about playing 30 minutes a game for 82 games
and having stuff in the tank for playoffs

howbouthemspurs
06-15-2009, 01:51 PM

Damn straight! Finally, someone who knows what he's talkin about!

spurspokesman
06-18-2009, 03:45 PM
fans are just disappointed by this season. manu with his sequence of injuries leading to the climax of a season ending one. then the spurs practically rolled over and died in the first round without even a fight. spurs fans want changes and they want someone to blame. i don't think the spurs can find someone willing to trade a better player for ginobili so its going to have to be a restructuring of the role players to boost this team. but if that butler + 5th pick offer ever comes, i don't think the spurs will turn it down. people who lost faith in ginobili will just have to endure another season. if he really turns out to be the injury prone and declining player they claim, then there is good news. ginobili will be a FA in 2010.
Couldn't have put it better myself. There is a player on the wizards that balls out. That's butler. And if they add the fifth. As much of a ginobilli dude I am I would consider it. But if they keep him I won't frown. He's performed magic for our spurs. I'm just interested in watching the off season unfold

Spursfan092120
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM

I don't think so.
How spoiled have we become? Two seasons where we don't win the title, and all of a sudden we have to get rid of a guy who, without, we don't win 3 of our 4 titles. The guy cannot be written off already. We aren't going to win the title every damn year...or even every other damn year. The guy is someone who cannot be stopped when he's healthy. If we trade him, he will destroy us.