PDA

View Full Version : In Any Language, Gasol Angry With Pietrus Foul (And Other National Notes)

duncan228
06-12-2009, 04:15 PM
In any language, Gasol angry with Pietrus foul (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txnbafinalsnotebook&prov=st&type=lgns)
By Brian Mahoney

Pau Gasol is from Spain, Mickael Pietrus from France. So when they have a confrontation on the court, what language is it in?

“I said it in English to make sure he understood it,” Gasol said. “If I would have known it in French, I would have said it in French.”

Pietrus was called for a flagrant foul for pushing Gasol in the back as the Lakers forward completed a dunk with 3.4 seconds left in overtime of Los Angeles’ 99-91 victory in Game 4. Gasol started yelling at Pietrus and the players came together, and both were assessed technical fouls.

“I said a couple of things that I can’t repeat on camera,” Gasol said.

Gasol said it felt more like a punch than a push, and was angry because he was already in the air, too late for Pietrus to attempt a play on the ball. But he understood it came out of frustration.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said it looked like Pietrus had “a serious intention to come at him,” but wouldn’t say if there should be any further punishment for the Magic guard.

The NBA said Friday there would be none.

“I wasn’t trying to be a jerk,” Pietrus said. “I’ve been in the NBA for seven years and have never been considered a dirty player. It was just a hard foul and I love Pau; we’ve played so many times together in Europe. That’s how it is.”

—-=

EWING COMING BACK: Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing has signed a contract extension to remain with the club next season.

A Hall of Fame center with the New York Knicks, Ewing has been instrumental in the development of Orlando’s Dwight Howard in two seasons as an assistant with the Magic. Magic coach Stan Van Gundy has attributed the 23-year-old Howard’s rise during that time in large part to Ewing.

Ewing has aspirations to be a head coach but has struggled to get interviews for open positions. Van Gundy even criticized the Knicks earlier this season for not at least giving Ewing an interview last year before they hired Mike D’Antoni as head coach.

Ewing played 17 years in the NBA, including 15 with the Knicks.

—-=

BELIEVE IN MAGIC: Orlando is sticking with its lucky charm.

Even though Thursday night’s Game 4 loss to the Lakers was the first time this season the Magic lost when 7-year-old Gina Marie Incandela sings the national anthem, Orlando is going to let her sing for the final home game Sunday night.

Game 4 was her sixth straight appearance before a home playoff game, and the Magic had been 7-0 on the season, prompting players and fans to anoint her their “lucky charm” and “secret weapon.”

Incandela’s mother, Michelle, said Friday that the Magic want her back again for another riveting performance. And little Gina, who was diagnosed at an earlier age with a form of autism, took news of the loss well.

“She’s doing fine,” her mother said. “She asked, ‘It’s not over, is it?’ I told her ‘No, but it’s going to be a little tougher now.’ She said ,’It’s OK. I still believe in them.”’

—-=

FROM CAMP TO CHAMP?: Long before Lamar Odom and Rashard Lewis matched up in the NBA finals, they took part in the same Top 100 camp.

The two forwards were camp attendees in 1997, two of the eight camp alumni who now play for either Orlando or Los Angeles.

The Top 100 camp was created in 1994 by the NBA Players’ Association to aid high school student athletes in the development of their individual and life skills, on and off the court. Funding is provided under a provision of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Odom was a prep star in New York originally ticketed for UNLV before instead playing one year at Rhode Island. Lewis went straight from high school in Houston to the NBA, best remembered for waiting longer in the draft green room than any player before the Seattle SuperSonics drafted him in the second round in 1998.

Dwight Howard and Jordan Farmar (2003) also competed in the same camp, and other alumni are Kobe Bryant (1994), Luke Walton (1998), Josh Powell (1999) and Trevor Ariza (2002).

This year’s Top 100 camp will run from June 17-21 at the University of Virginia and is expected to include 24 of the 25 highest-rated players by Scout.com in the class of 2010.

—-=

QUICK HITS: No team has come back from a 3-1 deficit to win the finals in 29 previous attempts. … The Magic have made 193 3-pointers in these playoffs, breaking the record for the most in one postseason, previously held by the 1995 Houston Rockets with 189. The Rockets swept the Magic in the finals that year. … Game 4 delivered a 10.9 overnight rating for ABC, the highest yet for the series. The four games are the most-viewed programs in primetime since the American Idol finale in May, and the series is on pace for more viewers than the 2008 finals between the Lakers and Celtics. … Lakers coach Phil Jackson’s technical for arguing with officials in Game 4 was his first in this playoffs. He had only two in the regular season.

JamStone
06-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Pau probably called him a "Gasol."

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Pau probably just reminded him that he is from France and he should just shrivel up and duck under a table or something.

Red Hawk #21
06-12-2009, 04:29 PM
LOL, Pietrus is lucky he didn't try this in España.

sook
06-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Pau probably called him a "Gasol."

:lol

TJastal
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
In any language, Gasol angry with Pietrus foul (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txnbafinalsnotebook&prov=st&type=lgns)
By Brian Mahoney

Pau Gasol is from Spain, Mickael Pietrus from France. So when they have a confrontation on the court, what language is it in?

“I said it in English to make sure he understood it,” Gasol said. “If I would have known it in French, I would have said it in French.”

Pietrus was called for a flagrant foul for pushing Gasol in the back as the Lakers forward completed a dunk with 3.4 seconds left in overtime of Los Angeles’ 99-91 victory in Game 4. Gasol started yelling at Pietrus and the players came together, and both were assessed technical fouls.

“I said a couple of things that I can’t repeat on camera,” Gasol said.

Gasol said it felt more like a punch than a push, and was angry because he was already in the air, too late for Pietrus to attempt a play on the ball. But he understood it came out of frustration.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said it looked like Pietrus had “a serious intention to come at him,” but wouldn’t say if there should be any further punishment for the Magic guard.

The NBA said Friday there would be none.

“I wasn’t trying to be a jerk,” Pietrus said. “I’ve been in the NBA for seven years and have never been considered a dirty player. It was just a hard foul and I love Pau; we’ve played so many times together in Europe. That’s how it is.”

—-=

EWING COMING BACK: Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing has signed a contract extension to remain with the club next season.

A Hall of Fame center with the New York Knicks, Ewing has been instrumental in the development of Orlando’s Dwight Howard in two seasons as an assistant with the Magic. Magic coach Stan Van Gundy has attributed the 23-year-old Howard’s rise during that time in large part to Ewing.

Ewing has aspirations to be a head coach but has struggled to get interviews for open positions. Van Gundy even criticized the Knicks earlier this season for not at least giving Ewing an interview last year before they hired Mike D’Antoni as head coach.

Ewing played 17 years in the NBA, including 15 with the Knicks.

—-=

BELIEVE IN MAGIC: Orlando is sticking with its lucky charm.

Even though Thursday night’s Game 4 loss to the Lakers was the first time this season the Magic lost when 7-year-old Gina Marie Incandela sings the national anthem, Orlando is going to let her sing for the final home game Sunday night.

Game 4 was her sixth straight appearance before a home playoff game, and the Magic had been 7-0 on the season, prompting players and fans to anoint her their “lucky charm” and “secret weapon.”

Incandela’s mother, Michelle, said Friday that the Magic want her back again for another riveting performance. And little Gina, who was diagnosed at an earlier age with a form of autism, took news of the loss well.

“She’s doing fine,” her mother said. “She asked, ‘It’s not over, is it?’ I told her ‘No, but it’s going to be a little tougher now.’ She said ,’It’s OK. I still believe in them.”’

—-=

FROM CAMP TO CHAMP?: Long before Lamar Odom and Rashard Lewis matched up in the NBA finals, they took part in the same Top 100 camp.

The two forwards were camp attendees in 1997, two of the eight camp alumni who now play for either Orlando or Los Angeles.

The Top 100 camp was created in 1994 by the NBA Players’ Association to aid high school student athletes in the development of their individual and life skills, on and off the court. Funding is provided under a provision of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Odom was a prep star in New York originally ticketed for UNLV before instead playing one year at Rhode Island. Lewis went straight from high school in Houston to the NBA, best remembered for waiting longer in the draft green room than any player before the Seattle SuperSonics drafted him in the second round in 1998.

Dwight Howard and Jordan Farmar (2003) also competed in the same camp, and other alumni are Kobe Bryant (1994), Luke Walton (1998), Josh Powell (1999) and Trevor Ariza (2002).

This year’s Top 100 camp will run from June 17-21 at the University of Virginia and is expected to include 24 of the 25 highest-rated players by Scout.com in the class of 2010.

—-=

QUICK HITS: No team has come back from a 3-1 deficit to win the finals in 29 previous attempts. … The Magic have made 193 3-pointers in these playoffs, breaking the record for the most in one postseason, previously held by the 1995 Houston Rockets with 189. The Rockets swept the Magic in the finals that year. … Game 4 delivered a 10.9 overnight rating for ABC, the highest yet for the series. The four games are the most-viewed programs in primetime since the American Idol finale in May, and the series is on pace for more viewers than the 2008 finals between the Lakers and Celtics. … Lakers coach Phil Jackson’s technical for arguing with officials in Game 4 was his first in this playoffs. He had only two in the regular season.

Here we see how the lakers can dish it but can't take it.

This time, it's good ol Pau "Soft as Charmin" Gasol. I guess Pietrus should have decked him as hard as Ariza decked Rudy Fernandez, then maybe we wouldn't have to listen to this little asshat bitch and whine incessantly (at least until his concussion wore off) :lol

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Pau probably just reminded him that he is from France and he should just shrivel up and duck under a table or something.

:rollin

JamStone
06-12-2009, 04:36 PM

This time, it's good ol Pau "Soft as Charmin" Gasol. I guess Pietrus should have decked him as hard as Ariza decked Rudy Fernandez, then maybe we wouldn't have to listen to this little asshat bitch and whine incessantly (at least until his concussion wore off) :lol

Come on now. Anytime any player is on the receiving end of a tough foul that is at least borderline dirty or excessive, that player is going to take offense to it most of the time, even if he has teammates that deliver equally hard fouls.

I know it's easy to make fun of Pau because... well... look at him. But, most players who get punched and forearmed in the back while up in the air are going to take exception to it.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 04:47 PM

hahah your a fucking pussy. Ariza decked Fernandez...LOL :lol

cobbler
06-12-2009, 05:19 PM

It is amazing how ignorant you can make yourself look. That takes a special kind of talent. Yeah, Ariza goin for the ball, getting the ball and clipping Rudys head is the same as an intentional double fisted hit in the back.

What a moron.

Indazone
06-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Pietrus is French so if Gasol stood up to him, he's running away as fast as he can. French are famous for running away. See Pietrus comment, “I wasn’t trying to be a jerk,” Pietrus said. “I’ve been in the NBA for seven years and have never been considered a dirty player. It was just a hard foul and I love Pau; we’ve played so many times together in Europe. That’s how it is.”

Translation - I am really a big pussy. I don't wanna fight Pau. He kicked my ass many times in European play. I don't want to go there again.

LOL typical Frenchies.

cobbler
06-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Pau wasnt pissed... he was more shocked when he realized it was a Frenchman actually putting up a fight.

BRHornet45
06-12-2009, 05:22 PM
sons fuck Gasol ... I really wish someone would end his career with a cheap shot. If anyone deserves it, that piece of shit does.

cobbler
06-12-2009, 05:25 PM
sons fuck Gasol ... I really wish someone would end his career with a cheap shot. If anyone deserves it, that piece of shit does.

Gasol is going to get his ring... and nobody in a hornets uni will..... EVER.

Chew on that pappa

Rogue
06-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Pietrus is French so if Gasol stood up to him, he's running away as fast as he can. French are famous for running away. See Pietrus comment, “I wasn’t trying to be a jerk,” Pietrus said. “I’ve been in the NBA for seven years and have never been considered a dirty player. It was just a hard foul and I love Pau; we’ve played so many times together in Europe. That’s how it is.”

Translation - I am really a big pussy. I don't wanna fight Pau. He kicked my ass many times in European play. I don't want to go there again.

LOL typical Frenchies.
Frenches are not as bad as you idiots though. :lol

BRHornet45
06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Gasol is going to get his ring... and nobody in a hornets uni will..... EVER.

Chew on that pappa

son that still doesn't mean that Posey can't end his career with one dirty move .... that right there would be sweeter than a championship

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 05:37 PM
son that still doesn't mean that Posey can't end his career with one dirty move .... that right there would be sweeter than a championship

:rollin you're a trip bro

TJastal
06-12-2009, 05:53 PM
It is amazing how ignorant you can make yourself look. That takes a special kind of talent. Yeah, Ariza goin for the ball, getting the ball and clipping Rudys head is the same as an intentional double fisted hit in the back.

What a moron.

Hey douche

First off Pietrus pushed him in the back with his arms not his fists. You cannot classify what Pietrus did as a punch. Any moron can see that from the replay.

The league reviewed the play and obviously saw that and didn't levy a suspension on Pietrus. There doesn't look to be intent by Pietrus to cause Gasol injury, its a push to the back on a guy who was hanging on the rim. Gasol overreacted as he does anytime someone gets physical with him.

In the case of Ariza, what he does it much more dangerous and IMO more deserved of a suspension. He not only misses the ball and whacks the guy in mid-air in the arm and head but he is coming in full steam and doesn't let up at all or try to help break the guys' fall afterward.

Fernandez could have suffered major injury, such as paralysis from this play, whereas Gasol might've strained his back. Big difference there.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 05:53 PM

fine..to make you happy, we'll let posey knock out Sasha

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey douche

First off Pietrus pushed him in the back with his arms not his fists. You cannot classify what Pietrus did as a punch. Any moron can see that from the replay.

The league reviewed the play and obviously saw that and didn't levy a suspension on Pietrus. There doesn't look to be intent by Pietrus to cause Gasol injury, its a push to the back on a guy who was hanging on the rim. Gasol overreacted as he does anytime someone gets physical with him.

In the case of Ariza, what he does it much more dangerous and IMO more deserved of a suspension. He not only misses the ball and whacks the guy in mid-air in the arm and head but he is coming in full steam and doesn't let up at all or try to help break the guys' fall afterward.

Fernandez could have suffered major injury, such as paralysis from this play, whereas Gasol might've strained his back. Big difference there.

LOL...this guy is blind. He is the same guy lobbying for the goaltend call.

Somone post the replay so he can get owned like he did in the other thread.

z0sa
06-12-2009, 05:56 PM
when i saw pietrus clinching his fists, I was seriously hoping he started wailing on Pau's kidneys. Not out of hate, out of need for redemption after fucking up at the end of regulation.

Sadly, he pussied out at the moment of truth.

JamStone
06-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Pietrus is French so if Gasol stood up to him, he's running away as fast as he can. French are famous for running away.

D'accord. C'est vrai, mon ami.

Comme Carmeleau Anthonique.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 06:45 PM
D'accord. C'est vrai, mon ami.

Comme Carmeleau Anthonique.

you're less of a man now.

crc21209
06-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Shouldnt have dunked it then dumbass.

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/12128737.jpg

Allanon
06-12-2009, 07:29 PM
French women are hot as hell, I give a free pass to frenchies for making love; not war.

rMvnnTPvlW4

sonic21
06-12-2009, 07:34 PM
French women are hot as hell, I give a free pass to frenchies.

rMvnnTPvlW4

you know she was like 16 when she was a singer. :nope

Allanon
06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
you know she was like 16 when she was a singer. :nope

This video above was from Jen Ai Marre when I think she was 19 or 20.

She also had that song "I'm not 20" or "J 'ai pas 20 ans"
BpQzT2nMx_0

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 07:49 PM
French women are hot as hell, I give a free pass to frenchies.

rMvnnTPvlW4

+1...Sophie Marceau (Braveheart, Lost and Found, etc) is my favorite though

Allanon
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
+1...Sophie Marceau (Braveheart, Lost and Found, etc) is my favorite though

How could you leave out that she was one of the hottest Bond Girl's evah? :lol

http://lh3.ggpht.com/xoplayboy/R88gHN9HATI/AAAAAAAADXA/v0WStNEG4rg/s400/79301_Sophie_Marceau_ElleFr2008March-03_123_584lo.jpg

http://thestuffyougottawatch.com/bond/worldis.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 07:57 PM
How could you leave out that she was one of the hottest Bond Girl's evah? :lol

http://lh3.ggpht.com/xoplayboy/R88gHN9HATI/AAAAAAAADXA/v0WStNEG4rg/s400/79301_Sophie_Marceau_ElleFr2008March-03_123_584lo.jpg

http://thestuffyougottawatch.com/bond/worldis.jpg

yup, The World is Not Enough:toast she's my fav. frenchie, but best bond girl ever goes to Famke Janssen:

http://www.theangrypuppy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/goldeneye.jpg

best bad girl EVER

sonic21
06-12-2009, 07:57 PM
for me, Melissa Theuriau is the hottest french celebrity

http://roseric.r.o.pic.centerblog.net/r4oemr9a.jpg

Allanon
06-12-2009, 07:58 PM
yup, The World is Not Enough:toast she's my fav. frenchie, but best bond girl ever goes to Famke Janssen:

http://www.theangrypuppy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/goldeneye.jpg

best bad girl EVER

That was Famke aka the chick from X-men was also that crazy bitch in Golden Eye? Hahah, never knew that.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/5613/JeanSanctuary/MiscPics/famke.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 08:00 PM
That was Famke aka the chick from X-men was also that crazy bitch in Golden Eye? Hahah, never knew that.

yup..she was Jean Grey in X-Men but w/o a doubt her best character was Xenia Onatopp:toast

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Judith Godreche is another one of my fav. frenchies...just for her role in "entropy"--little known movie, but one of my alltime favs. I think this pic is from man in the iron mask, but i could be wrong

http://www.filmkultura.hu/regi/articles/films/images/ridi/2.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 08:04 PM

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/5613/JeanSanctuary/MiscPics/famke.jpg

great pic of her:toast

rayray2k8
06-12-2009, 08:14 PM
It's over..

spurscenter
06-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Gasol post game interviews are stupid

"we scored more points and won"

"we have to remain tough and score more baskets than them"

"We have to stay focused"

No shit idiot