PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the downtime

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 10:19 AM
There was a problem with some databank in Dallas and like 20,000+ servers were effected. Hopefully it stays up while now while it's getting fixed.

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 10:22 AM
He puts the razor down!

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-31-2005, 10:22 AM
There was a problem with some databank in Dallas and like 20,000+ servers were effected. Hopefully it stays up while now while it's getting fixed.

AHF?

Shelly
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
I thought it was me. RR has been up and down this whole past week. It's driving me crazy.

johnny00
03-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Sh!t, I thought they had banned me from the site at work! Whew.

What a relief.

I need my daily dose of Spurstalk.

KEDA
03-31-2005, 01:06 PM
:td :flipoff :cuss WTF :cuss :flipoff :td

I have to do actual work now that the site is down, man Im pissed!

Taco
03-31-2005, 01:12 PM
Hopefully it stays up ....

That's what she said !!!! :lol

Sorry I couldn't resist :angel

timvp
03-31-2005, 01:15 PM
Due to the downtime, I slept from 6:30AM to 7:14AM.

:flipoff @ Internet.

Ishta
03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Sh!t, I thought they had banned me from the site at work! Whew.

What a relief.

I need my daily dose of Spurstalk.
This was me as well i about crapped.. This website is very addictive for me!:lol

Rick Von Braun
03-31-2005, 03:47 PM
I can't believe how increadibly nice Kori is... no need to be sorry Kori http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiprincess.gif

Dex
03-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Agreed.

Both Kori and LJ easily form the greatest Administration I've ever seen of an online forum.

I've never seen an apology for downtime on any of my other messageboards, even the Electronic Music/Rave forum I help moderate.

Most the time, the administrators just bitch about people bugging them about the site being dead. :lol

Rick Von Braun
03-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Due to the downtime, I slept from 6:30AM to 7:14AM.

:flipoff @ Internet.
Ooopss... Sorry to hear that timvp. :throwupsp

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 03:54 PM
I can't believe how increadibly nice Kori is...

:lol

I wasn't very nice this morning at 5am when talking to the place that maintains our server. We have a dedicated server for this site. So it's fast, but I'm a perfectionist. I don't want any downtime. Anyway, at least the downtime was in the early morning and it wasn't a problem with our actual server.

boutons
03-31-2005, 03:57 PM
"RR has been up and down this whole past week"

I just cancelled SBC local calls, ATT long distance, roadrunner internet, and time-warner cable.

I'm a GrandeCom client now, lfor ocal telephone, internet, TV cable. Maybe I've shot myself in the zapato, but so far, so good. They even gave me NBA League Pass for free rather than have me buy it a 2nd time since it doesn't tranfer from rr to Grande.

Shelly
03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Do you live in SA, boutons? Cuz I believe RR is the only game in town.

boutons
03-31-2005, 04:08 PM
'Do you live in SA, boutons?"

oui, madame Shelly, zip 78218.

"Cuz I believe RR is the only game in town."

Not "is", "was". www.grandecom.com

smeagol
03-31-2005, 05:17 PM
I would like to use this post, which coincidently is my 1000th post, to thank Kori and LJ for the awesome job they do running FSP.

To say I'm addicted to this forum is an understatement.

I hope one day I will be able to meet you both at a GTG or, if you are ever travelling to NYC, I will be glad to treat you guys for dinner or something (it goes without saying that you have a place to spend the night if you guys are ever visiting Manhattan).

Shelly
03-31-2005, 05:21 PM
'Do you live in SA, boutons?"

oui, madame Shelly, zip 78218.

"Cuz I believe RR is the only game in town."

Not "is", "was". www.grandecom.com

I didn't know this! I have no complaints about TW in general other than I have a million channels and still can't find anything to watch on tv. And 99% of the time RR is working fine, but will definitely check it out.

Thanks for the link.

desflood
03-31-2005, 05:25 PM
"RR has been up and down this whole past week"

I just cancelled SBC local calls, ATT long distance, roadrunner internet, and time-warner cable.

I'm a GrandeCom client now, lfor ocal telephone, internet, TV cable. Maybe I've shot myself in the zapato, but so far, so good. They even gave me NBA League Pass for free rather than have me buy it a 2nd time since it doesn't tranfer from rr to Grande.
You shot yourself in the shoe?

exstatic
03-31-2005, 05:49 PM
I would get Grande if they were out this far. I need to check access, as I haven't looked for a few months. They have some NICE packages with Cable, internet, and phone.

SpursWoman
03-31-2005, 05:55 PM
They have some NICE packages with Cable, internet, and phone.

So does TW. The one I'm about to switch to cuts my bill(s) combined for these services in half.

:)

Shelly
03-31-2005, 06:12 PM
I just love the DVR feature!

I'm still not sold on the phone service, though. I've had a cable phone through work and the quality isn't up to snuff like a land line.

Brodels
03-31-2005, 06:18 PM
I've thought about this and haven't asked, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to...but how is all of this paid for? A dedicated server, data transfer costs, contest prizes, and all that stuff must cost some money over time.

I'm a poor journalist, but I would be willing to contribute something. Just ask and I'm there.

ducks
03-31-2005, 06:36 PM
did you use some 4 letter words kori?

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 10:56 PM
I would like to use this post, which coincidently is my 1000th post, to thank Kori and LJ for the awesome job they do running FSP.

To say I'm addicted to this forum is an understatement.

I hope one day I will be able to meet you both at a GTG or, if you are ever travelling to NYC, I will be glad to treat you guys for dinner or something (it goes without saying that you have a place to spend the night if you guys are ever visiting Manhattan).

Thank you very much. We'll take you up on that offer some day.

I've thought about this and haven't asked, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to...but how is all of this paid for? A dedicated server, data transfer costs, contest prizes, and all that stuff must cost some money over time.

I'm a poor journalist, but I would be willing to contribute something. Just ask and I'm there.

If and when we ever need contributions we'll let you know. We used to let people contribute when we had ezboard, but a lot has changed since then. For now, we are fine. But your (and others') desire to help is appreciated.

-----

And yes ducks, I did swear. I left the f word on their voicemail. But hey .. at least they called me back immediately. :princess