PDA

View Full Version : Lakers might win the title, but..

I'm So Hood
06-13-2009, 12:39 AM
in the back of their minds, they are still thinking about the ASS KICKING they took last year and the fact that they didn't get the chance to redeem themselves this year. They'll be happy with their ring, but they needed Boston to be healthy to get revenge - no revenge and a diluted playoffs = a LA ring. It can be satisfying on one level, but if they are really competitors they will still yearn for the chance to redeem the embarassing defeat last year. Getting outplayed and still winning in the finals doesn't help either. Sorry chumps - you are what you are and enjoy your paper title.

UrAphag
06-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Celtics arent even going to make the finals with Lebron in the east. Don't feel too good about your team of thugs and gangsters.

oh and

http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

JamStone
06-13-2009, 12:44 AM
You make an uninteresting point.

YellowFever
06-13-2009, 12:45 AM
Stone..gotta ask...why the Barkley avatar and sig?

JamStone
06-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Sir Charles amuses me. I was a fan of his growing up too. After Magic and Isiah, problem my next favorite player growing up (in the 80s). I also find that picture of him with the shadow background pretty funny. Maybe it's just me.

21_Blessings
06-13-2009, 12:52 AM
One and done. Boston will be smashed in the finals next season, no worries.

JamStone
06-13-2009, 12:55 AM
One and done. Boston will be smashed in the finals next season, no worries.

I think Houston will have a really hard time against Boston next year in the finals.

Ghazi
06-13-2009, 12:57 AM
I think Dallas will have a really hard time against Boston next year in the finals.

YellowFever
06-13-2009, 12:59 AM
I think Houston will have a really hard time against Boston next year in the finals.

Nah...I think Denver has a better chance to come out of the West than Houston next year......if the teams stay as is.

JamStone
06-13-2009, 01:01 AM
You know I'm just messing with 21.

YellowFever
06-13-2009, 01:05 AM
^LoL..I know.

Only problem is getting out of the West next year won't be as easy as most lakers fans seem to think.

Frenzy
06-13-2009, 01:05 AM
who boston?

IronMexican
06-13-2009, 01:06 AM
2008 forum

Allanon
06-13-2009, 01:09 AM
One and done.

DrHouse
06-13-2009, 01:21 AM
This is a Maverick/Spurs troll. Wake up people.

KSeal
06-13-2009, 01:59 AM
A hater trying to find anyway possible to discredit the Lakers for winning the title, how original.

Indazone
06-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Nah...I think Denver has a better chance to come out of the West than Houston next year......if the teams stay as is.

There is no way Houston is staying the way it is with $38 million dollars to spend.

iggypop123
06-13-2009, 02:09 AM
well according to kg we dont even need to play cause the celtics have already won the next 2 titles

Ghazi
06-13-2009, 03:21 AM
Rubbish. That Boston team was hungry, KG was hungry and they played great and the Lakers got beat soundly. You can't discredit an NBA title, the Lakers if they win it all (looks good now for them) they are merely playing the level of competition that is there. Like when people try to discredit the Spurs for playing the 8th seeded Knicks, the Nets in 2003 and the Cavaliers in 2007. Can't discredit a ring.

I'll discredit the SHIT outta the Cheat "championship" of 2006 :bking

Chillen
06-13-2009, 03:24 AM
I'll discredit the SHIT outta the Cheat "championship" of 2006 :bking

I agree, the Miami Heat are a one hit wonder for sure. Did someone say "D-whistle".

Bandwagon Fan
06-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Yeah...Bostons never making it out of the East again. Even assuming they can get past the Magic, they wont ever beat Lebron again while the Cavs have HCA. And Boston isnt built to get the wins in the regular season to attain that versus the Cavs, much less the Lakers. Just be happy you got your singular title in the last two decades and run along. We didnt need to prove anything. Celtics stole a title against an injury plagued Lakers team last year and Lakers took one this year. Only difference is at least we made it to the Finals both times.

Ghazi
06-13-2009, 04:05 AM
Yeah...Bostons never making it out of the East again. Even assuming they can get past the Magic, they wont ever beat Lebron again while the Cavs have HCA. And Boston isnt built to get the wins in the regular season to attain that versus the Cavs, much less the Lakers. Just be happy you got your singular title in the last two decades and run along.

Boston was within 3 wins of LA and 4 wins of Cleveland despite their best player missing 1/3 the season.

They're built to be a dominant team in the regular season and a post season, the only question is whether age will catch up with the Big 3 next year. It's very possible.

Bandwagon Fan
06-13-2009, 04:09 AM
It was far less then 1/3rd of the season, and Bynum was gone for half the season. I know he's playing horrendously now, but before his injury his production and especially defense were a big part of the teams success. Our defense in particular took a hit.

Either way, doesnt that prove my point? Boston is not built for the long haul.

eisfeld
06-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Actually the only thing I can come up is why LA does not deserve the title this year is the production of their bench. Gasol and Kobe play extremely well and Fisher and Ariza are productive too. Odom is the only good player off the bench but he could easily starting at PF if Gasol moves to Center.

Sasha, Walton, Farmar and Co are scrubs and I hate to see them getting a title because they actually do nothing. Bynum is another case - he played well before the injury and now sucks - still hate to see him getting a ring because his ego is already over the top.

Nevertheless, if LA wins their starters + Odom deserved it.