PDA

View Full Version : Cotto Vs Clottey

Yogurt210
06-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Cotto is my fav. But I don't know if he has fully recovered from the Margarito fight. Tonight we shall see.....

T_MONEY_TX
06-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Pretty good bout man, Cotto won the championship rounds to win a close fight. tonigh on www.theboxingtruth.com they got there live show at 8pm listen live on the site or even call in and talk about the fight.

jack sommerset
06-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Cotto is my fav. But I don't know if he has fully recovered from the Margarito fight. Tonight we shall see.....

I ended up watching that fight last night. Close fight. Could have gone either way. The one Judge who scored Cotto 116-111 should not be allowed to call a fight again. One of the reason I don't watch many fights. Judges.

I was a lil shocked when Clottey was thrown/slipped hard to the canvas by Cotto. They said he hurt his knee. Anyways the Ref gave Clottey a motivational speech. "come on champ, walk it off, thats why you are champ" etc....

baseline bum
06-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I ended up watching that fight last night. Close fight. Could have gone either way. The one Judge who scored Cotto 116-111 should not be allowed to call a fight again. One of the reason I don't watch many fights. Judges.

I was a lil shocked when Clottey was thrown/slipped hard to the canvas by Cotto. They said he hurt his knee. Anyways the Ref gave Clottey a motivational speech. "come on champ, walk it off, thats why you are champ" etc....

That 116-111 card was garbage. I had to double-check and see if Eugenia Williams was one of the judges after seeing that one. I'm amazed Cotto was able to last the 12 rounds, much less win the fight with that horrible cut over his left eye he got in the third.

T_MONEY_TX
06-14-2009, 02:42 PM
i was surpised the ref never once ask for the doctor to check it out during the fight, the doctor would look at the cut in between rounds but not during it.

mexicanjunior
06-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Pretty good fight, I was surprised Cotto was so easily hit-able but props to him for fighting through that horrible cut over his eye. Clottey really gave that fight away though, he just wasn't busy enough in the last 3 rounds to take the decision, especially with the flash knockdown in the first putting him in such a big hole. Cotto was very beatable last night and I think any number of top welterweights could have taken him down (Mosley, Manny, Berto, Mayweather). Cotto better start regaining his form pre-Margerito if he wants to take on the top guys in the division.

SAtoDallas
06-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I agree with the outcome but the scoring was terrible. Clottey is a tough fight for anyone.

me15lo
06-15-2009, 04:46 PM
hey cotto, pacman says hi

Yogurt210
06-16-2009, 10:08 AM
im sorry styles makes fights, and i think Cotto will have a huge advantage over pac-man, by the way he fights

BacktoBasics
06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
I guess I'm the only one that thought Clottey won the fight. Cotto picked up a couple of rounds and then one late but for the most part Clottey handled him pretty well around the entire ring.

mexicanjunior
06-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I guess I'm the only one that thought Clottey won the fight. Cotto picked up a couple of rounds and then one late but for the most part Clottey handled him pretty well around the entire ring.

I thought Clottey gave away the last 2 rounds with his inactivity. That, coupled with the knockdown and 2 or 3 decisive middle rounds, I thought gave Cotto the win. It was definitely close though...

hater
06-22-2009, 03:48 PM
OF COURSE Clottey won the fight.

fight was giftwrapped to Cotto in New York to close the Puerto Rican Day.