PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Grout

Shelly
09-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Get yourself some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. (http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrclean/products/eraser.shtml) Who knew I had light colored grout in my foyer. This stuff is da bomb.

SpursWoman
09-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Cool, Shelly, thanks!

I just haven't been able to find a product that cleans my grout without buring my nasal passages. Wherever can I get some?!?

Seriously, that looks better then what I use, and you know I've got a thing for bald men........ :lol

Shelly
09-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Check out the difference! This is with very little rubbing!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/slwunder/mrclean.jpg

You can buy it at HEB or Target. It comes in 4 packs, so get a few boxes because you use them up. I just got back from Target to buy some more. Such exciting Friday nights I lead!

I first starting using them because last year my youngest spilled a glass of water on my light oak table. We didn't know that a red folder had gotten wet also. I had this huge stain that I could not get out. Not even with bleach. This was the only thing that worked. (It took a little bit of the finish off, but I just put some wax on the table and viola!). I was so impressed that I emailed them and even got a reply.

It works great on scuff marks, crayon, you name it. It doesn't stink at all. It may dry your hands a little, but that's it.

Back to cleaning grout!

SpursWoman
09-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Damn....you've got me half way out the door to HEB. My Friday nights are pretty :smokin2 , too.

:fro

Shelly
09-17-2004, 11:03 PM
:lol

Now I know how Cinderella felt. My hand is all cramped up now, but what a difference!

timvp
09-18-2004, 12:14 AM
Damn, I'm going to have to pick that up. I'm now known for my cleaning expertise (with the kitchen as my specialty). I'm in charge cleaning before and after people come over.

Grout has been a tricky clean. I'm actually about to clean the kitchen and bathrooms within the hour.

:elephant

zombie68
09-18-2004, 12:55 AM
This thread reads like a commercial.
You sold me, I will buy some tomorrow while at HEB.

SequSpur
09-18-2004, 01:13 AM
I bought some grout cleaner from Lowes. I'll have to go find it and give you the name.

You put it on and scrub with a brush by hand and the shit looks brand new. Actually alot better than what yours looks like Shelly.

SpursWoman
09-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Damn, I'm going to have to pick that up. I'm now known for my cleaning expertise (with the kitchen as my specialty). I'm in charge cleaning before and after people come over.

:shock :lol

CharliesTicket
09-18-2004, 01:50 AM
Once the grout is clean you need to seal it.

KoriEllis
09-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:shock :lol

He discovered the joy of cleaning in the last few months.

Who am I to stand in the way of his happiness?!

:smokin2

SpursWoman
09-18-2004, 02:02 AM
^5

timvp
09-18-2004, 04:01 AM
As long as I never have to do laundry or cook, I'm cool.

http://www.kenston.k12.oh.us/khs/just4fun/christie_mavs.jpg

imagination4u
09-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Who woulda thought cleaning could be fun? :)

It works! But be warned..once you pick it up, you will be scouring through the house actually trying to find things to clean!

Another nifty gadget is the Clorox Bleach Pen..that one is fun too..

Shelly
09-18-2004, 09:48 AM
I bought some grout cleaner from Lowes. I'll have to go find it and give you the name

Finazzle?

Trust me, it looks better than the picture.

And congrats on the cleaning bug, Timvp! I hate all cleaning chores, but someone's gotta do it.