PDA

View Full Version : Shaq-to-Cavs talk heating up again

Jeremy
06-14-2009, 12:24 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/06/13/20090613sunsshaq0614.html?&wired

Suns are going to trade Shaq for nothing...

Sarver needs to go.

ginobili's bald spot
06-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

IronMexican
06-14-2009, 12:32 AM
That would make Cleveland pretty scary. Hope it does't happen.

Jeremy
06-14-2009, 12:36 AM
You should just be glad it didn't happen at the trade deadline in February. Shaq was certainly playing well this year. Cavs would have been unstoppable.

KSeal
06-14-2009, 12:36 AM
LBJ can't win a ring without Shaq.

Def Rowe
06-14-2009, 12:38 AM

:lol

NewJerSpur
06-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Meh, he'd stub his big toe and miss 40 games.

Rogue
06-14-2009, 02:24 AM
I suppose the Suns also want to be a co-winner of the championship, just like the Grizzlies in this season. :lol

Rogue
06-14-2009, 02:34 AM
The package of Damp and Stack would also save the Suns tons of dollars in both payroll and their purse, but the Suns consider our boys in blue less competitive than the Cavs.

congratulations to Cavsuns on 2010 championship.

Allanon
06-14-2009, 02:51 AM
Cavs need to get younger, not older.

Cavs should have made the trade this past year. At this point, I think it's too late to bring in Shaq as a main piece.

JoeTait75
06-14-2009, 02:53 AM

Cavaliers need to get better, period. If that means taking on more age in the short term, so be it. There aren't that many good young players to be had for what Cleveland can give up.

NewJerSpur
06-14-2009, 03:10 AM
Cavaliers need to get better, period. If that means taking on more age in the short term, so be it. There aren't that many good young players to be had for what Cleveland can give up.

When he's sitting out games because his body starts breaking down again it will matter....either that or when LeBron cusses him out for not getting out of the lane fast enough for James to complete one of his ariel assaults.

Nahtanoj
06-14-2009, 03:48 AM

LBJ can't even win a Finals game without Shaq.

Chillen
06-14-2009, 05:03 AM
To be honest that move would make sense for both teams. Phoenix is doing this for cap space and Cleveland wants to bring in a potential piece to help Lebron. The Suns would also unload Shaq in the East and away from the Western Conference. I know Shaq isn't the beast he used to be, but this is a great move for Cleveland. Shaq could play to 40-43 if his knees hold up and he stays in shape. He is a beast down low. Unlike the Gasol trade, this is not a bad idea for Phoenix, since they will be saving $$$ and will not trade him to a team in the same conference. This will probably happen.

ffadicted
06-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes Suns, increase your title hopes by giving up your only dominant and defensive big man for crap scrubs to a team who needs him as a piece that basically guarantees a 'chip in 09-10.

Actually, wouldn't put it past Kerr

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2009, 10:02 AM
If the Suns were smart

That's quite the hypothetical.

Thundaluva
06-14-2009, 10:06 AM
This trade gives me a boner. It helps the Thunder way more than it helps Cleveland. Come to papa John Wall!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2009, 10:13 AM
It sucks that anyone with an IQ above 70 knows the Suns are basically the Clippers until $arver sells the team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Suns are going to trade Shaq for nothing...

Sarver needs to go.

The Nash lovers can't bitch about this trade....they have their retarded selves to blame for saying "The Shaq trade hurt the Suns" and constantly harping and obsessing over bullshit run and suck basketball.

Muser
06-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Shaq makes the Cavs better, but they still wouldn't win it. they need way more than just Shaq.

JoeTait75
06-14-2009, 11:31 AM
If the Suns were smart, demand the Cavs 2011, and 2012 first round draft pick

Can't trade first-round picks in back-to-back years. Stepien Rule.

monosylab1k
06-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Why in the hell are the Suns not demanding future Hall-Of-Famer JJ Hickson?

adidas11
06-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Good move for both teams. Shaq apparently still has a little left in the tank, and its not like the Cavs need him to attain the best record in the league. He can provide them something that the Cavs just don't have in the post season.

Suns move some players and get cap room (as Wallace is going to retire anyhow).

Plus, its fun seeing Shaq stealing some of the Kobe's thunder today. :lol

This deal would have happened this season, but the Suns made the decision that they wanted to push for the playoffs back in February.

EricB
06-14-2009, 01:12 PM
If the Suns were smart, demand the Cavs 2011, and 2012 first round draft pick, because we all know once this Shaq/James combo fails to win a title next season, both James and Shaq are bolting Cleveland, leaving them in that armpit of a city to rot in hell.

If you were smart, you'd know that a team can't trade consecutive year draft picks.

adidas11
06-14-2009, 01:14 PM
If you were smart, you'd know that a team can't trade consecutive year draft picks.

Owned.

sook
06-14-2009, 01:24 PM
wtf...snag JJ Hickson into the deal..future HOFer!

Avitus1
06-14-2009, 02:48 PM
They are desperately looking for that "Championship piece" and away to keep LeBron.

pauls931
06-14-2009, 03:02 PM
The Nash lovers can't bitch about this trade....they have their retarded selves to blame for saying "The Shaq trade hurt the Suns" and constantly harping and obsessing over bullshit run and suck basketball.

Shaq is gone!!! Woohooo!!!! Now the Suns can start winning games again without the middle clogged up.

I've been waiting for this day for about a year now. This is some of the best news I've heard in a long time. And to the East, perfect!!!

Finally Nash will be able to run the team accordingly and get back into the playoffs. I have a major boner right now. Ba Ba Ba Ba BONER!!!!

High Five, in yo face DoK!!!

cobbler
06-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Bad move for the Cavs. Garnett will be back and the Magic will be tougher. Both have big men that extend the floor. Shaq cannot defend the perimeter. On offense you will see Shaq clutter up the lane which will deny LBJ many of his precious drives and even more precious phantom calls.

lefty
06-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Shaq has become the knee jerk reaction answer to the opposite big man:

- Suns traded for him to match him up with Duncan in the West; it didn't work

- Cavs want him because of D12; won't work

ffadicted
06-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Shaq has become the knee jerk reaction answer to the opposite big man:

- Suns traded for him to match him up with Duncan in the West; it didn't work

- Cavs want him because of D12; won't work

this

adidas11
06-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Bad move for the Cavs. Garnett will be back and the Magic will be tougher. Both have big men that extend the floor. Shaq cannot defend the perimeter. On offense you will see Shaq clutter up the lane which will deny LBJ many of his precious drives and even more precious phantom calls.

Sort of like how Shaq clogged up the lane and prevented Dwayne Wade from taking it to the hole, right?

I swear, some of you people don't know the first thing about basketball.

The Cavs lost to the Magic primarily because they had no answer for Dwight Howard inside in the paint, which opened up the 3 point shooters.

xtremesteven33
06-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Shaq on the Cavs has the potential to work great. Shaq is a great low post scorer and his championship swagger and experience could put them over in the East....

pauls931
06-14-2009, 08:15 PM
I beg to differ, shaq worked perfectly on Duncan, however their perimeter D went to hell letting Parker and Ginobili go nuts.

ducks
06-14-2009, 09:32 PM

shaq is not going to play as good as he did last year

especially with me james
shaq still wants to be the spotlight
james and him will not get along

ducks
06-14-2009, 09:46 PM
you know stern should send both the cavs and suns a warning
other nba should not turn the attention to trades in the day the finals are on

ducks
06-14-2009, 09:47 PM

so only the lakers can get an allstar big for nothing?

Udokafan05
06-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Shaq just wants to win with James so he can say the 3 best perimeter players this decade needed him to win a title.

ducks
06-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Shaq just wants to win with James so he can say the 3 best perimeter players this decade needed him to win a title.

kobe won without shaq:rolleyes

pauls931
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Shaq is going to do anything in his power to get on the Cavs, Orlando, or Boston at this point I believe. He doesn't want Kobe to get more titles than him which looks very possible at this point.

mytespurs
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM

Cavs should have made the trade this past year. At this point, I think it's too late to bring in Shaq as a main piece.

I agree. It should've been done this year. Shaq's on the down side of his career but I think the chance to get another ring and perhaps even going against Kobe & the Lakers....he would've played like the shaq of old.

Now, I wouldn't want him either now. But on the other hand, he may be motivated to win one more ring than Kobe so......you never know. :hat

Udokafan05
06-14-2009, 10:47 PM
kobe won without shaq:rolleyes

Their first titles.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2009, 10:49 PM
I beg to differ, shaq worked perfectly on Duncan, however their perimeter D went to hell letting Parker and Ginobili go nuts.

this

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2009, 10:50 PM

Son if the Suns can get for Shaq (2 first round picks, their own 2010 pick back, and Marc Gasol) what Memphis got for Gasol I'd be more than happy.

ducks
06-15-2009, 10:21 AM
oh

Indazone
06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
What happened to the Shaq to the Mavs talk? Actually for the rest of the West it would be better if Shaq went to the Cavs.

poop
06-15-2009, 11:07 AM
this

that new vid in your sig is the funniest fucking thing ive ever seen

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Cavs turning down Shaq to keep Delonte. What the hell?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59821/20090615/west_could_be_deal_breaker_in_shaq_talks/

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
that new vid in your sig is the funniest fucking thing ive ever seen

You need to watch Unforgivable 1-6 if you haven't already. I'm still pissed someone had the idea of an Unforgivable troll before I did.

dirk4mvp
06-15-2009, 12:39 PM
You need to watch Unforgivable 1-6 if you haven't already. I'm still pissed someone had the idea of an Unforgivable troll before I did.

I thought that was you :lol

IronMexican
06-15-2009, 12:39 PM

It's not you? I thought It was you.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 12:42 PM
It's not you? I thought It was you.

Nope I'd post a lot more with the troll if it was me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Fuck this is a horrible lie the unforgivable troll is me :lol

IronMexican
06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Fuck this is a horrible lie the unforgivable troll is me :lol

:lol I was like "what? No way is it not him"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Yeah sometimes the reverse physchology (that's some ducks spelling right there) works but that was too obvious.

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
all these talks of you guys wanting the Suns to fleece the Cavs in this deal are forgetting the major part of the deal: The Suns need to get rid of Shaq more than the Cavs need Shaq. The Cavs have options this year, the Suns don't. The Suns need to move Shaq to get out of the luxury tax. The Cavs are maybe the only team with a contract and an interest in taking on Shaq's. Shaq doesn't fit into the Sun's plans to run more and not play defense, so all he serves as is a giant burden to the owner. The Cavs probably won't have to give up too much for him, and if the Suns get greedy and ask for too much the Cavs will just go out and get Rasheed, Boozer or Charlie V or someone else. The Cavs will probably just wait until the Sun's offers for Shaq dry up and they get desperate

ducks
06-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Cavs turning down Shaq to keep Delonte. What the hell?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59821/20090615/west_could_be_deal_breaker_in_shaq_talks/

that was last winter

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't trade Delonte for Shaq, why is that some kind of poor move by the Cavs? It would have been a poor move 5 years ago, but not in 2009. I mean Delonte isn't great, but he is a good fit for the Cavs and he isn't 38 years old

Bukefal
06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
That would be great, shaq at the cavs....cool

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 02:50 PM
all these talks of you guys wanting the Suns to fleece the Cavs in this deal are forgetting the major part of the deal: The Suns need to get rid of Shaq more than the Cavs need Shaq. The Cavs have options this year, the Suns don't. The Suns need to move Shaq to get out of the luxury tax. The Cavs are maybe the only team with a contract and an interest in taking on Shaq's. Shaq doesn't fit into the Sun's plans to run more and not play defense, so all he serves as is a giant burden to the owner. The Cavs probably won't have to give up too much for him, and if the Suns get greedy and ask for too much the Cavs will just go out and get Rasheed, Boozer or Charlie V or someone else. The Cavs will probably just wait until the Sun's offers for Shaq dry up and they get desperate

Did your insider say this?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Will the Cavs trade JJ hickson if the Suns throw in Nash and Amare?

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Did your insider say this?

I said it.

The main reason of this trade is the Sun's a)not having a need to Shaq, b)being over the cap before the first game of the season. So put the two together, then remember the Cavs a)want to spend money, b)have a need for Shaq. It's makes perfect sense of who holds the bargaining power in this negotiation especially considering there are only 2-3 teams (if that) who are actually wanting to add $20,000,000 onto their payroll. The Suns are in an identity crisis where they somehow think they hold clout with the Cavs in this negotiation. They are asking for Delonte, but when the Cavs make them sweat with the luxury tax fire burning under them, they will trade Shaq for like Wallace and Daniel Gibson or some shit like that. Call me crazy all you want, but it's obvious what is going on here. The Suns are egomaniacs and the Cavs know the Suns will budge so their are just playing hardball.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Forgive my frustration with the team. And they might not think so but the Suns need Shaq unless their goal is to make sure OKC gets John Wall.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't think the Suns are asking for Delonte at all. I'm pretty sure Ben Wallace and Sasha faggotbitch is the proposed package. I don't see how it could get any better for Cleveland.

Jeremy
06-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Shaq claims he's staying on the Suns--from his Twitter page:

"@purplespirit09 I'm stayin bro its all good I'm stayin"

In reply to:

"@THE_REAL_SHAQ Speaking of Suns...... dont go Shaq. We need you here... please make nice with Sheriff Joe"

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't think the Suns are asking for Delonte at all. I'm pretty sure Ben Wallace and Sasha faggotbitch is the proposed package. I don't see how it could get any better for Cleveland.

Sasha has one of the best contracts available in the open market this summer. I doubt they trade it along with Ben Wallace. They will trade him, but not for just Shaq.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:06 PM
The Suns save no money in a Daniel Gibson Ben Wallace package. That idea makes no sense.

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 03:08 PM
The Suns save no money in a Daniel Gibson Ben Wallace package. That idea makes no sense.

Ben Wallace buyout

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Ben Wallace buyout

So you're saying they're willing to make a trade purely on skepticism that Wallace will accept a buy out for less than he has left on his contract?

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
So you're saying they're willing to make a trade purely on skepticism that Wallace will accept a buy out for less than he has left on his contract?

I'm sure there would be some kind of agreement before hand that he would accept one. I mean I don't know too many teams looking to make a trade with Ben Wallace as the center piece based purely on his basketball skills

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM
LMFAO fag bait Gibson has a 5 year 20 million dollar contract.....that trade actually hurts the Suns financially

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm sure there would be some kind of agreement before hand that he would accept one. I mean I don't know too many teams looking to make a trade with Ben Wallace as the center piece based purely on his basketball skills

They'd be doing it cause he's an expiring contract.....thing is Shaq is also an expiring contract. Gibson's contract is also disgusting.

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
then again Steve Kerr traded Shawn Marion for Shaq, and traded away Raja Bell and Boris Diaw for Jason Richardson. They wanted to turn the Suns into more of a defensive minded team by trading away their 2 best defensive players. So maybe they want Wallace's basketball skills

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Epic fail

That trade doesn't even work.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
then again Steve Kerr traded Shawn Marion for Shaq, and traded away Raja Bell and Boris Diaw for Jason Richardson. They wanted to turn the Suns into more of a defensive minded team by trading away their 2 best defensive players. So maybe they want Wallace's basketball skills

Marion and Bell were both playing unmotivated half assed basketball at the time of each trade. They both needed to go.

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
LMFAO fag bait Gibson has a 5 year 20 million dollar contract.....that trade actually hurts the Suns financially

Terrence Kinsey then. I'm just saying you as a Suns fan will get a guy you won't be thrilled with getting if the trade goes down. I didn't even look at the contract, I just threw a name out there. Either way as a Suns fan you won't be happy if it goes down. I wouldn't be happy to be a Suns fan if my team traded Shaq for Ben Wallace and another one of Cleveland's scrubs

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Marion and Bell were both playing unmotivated half assed basketball at the time of each trade. They both needed to go.

where doesn't that fit into the Suns' basketball gameplan?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Terrence Kinsey then. I'm just saying you as a Suns fan will get a guy you won't be thrilled with getting if the trade goes down. I didn't even look at the contract, I just threw a name out there. Either way as a Suns fan you won't be happy if it goes down. I wouldn't be happy to be a Suns fan if my team traded Shaq for Ben Wallace and another one of Cleveland's scrubs

Visit a Suns message board then and you'll laugh. Most Suns fans are dumb enough to think they'd be better if Shaq was traded for nothing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:19 PM
where doesn't that fit into the Suns' basketball gameplan?

The way it works is only stupid fucks from the ghetto who have crack whore moms and pussy Canadians who whine when a coach makes them play defense are allowed to play half assed unmotivated basketball. If you aren't one of those two types of people, Kerr expects you to play defense and not be bothered at all by the fact the faggot Canadian who refuses to give you the ball in the post doesn't have to.

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Epic fail

That trade doesn't even work.

I'm just throwing names out there. All I'm saying is that you probably won't get getting anyone to be excited about and to build the team around. You probably just get Ben Wallace and some filler.

This is what I'm saying. The Suns want a big piece to excite the fans to not piss them off about trading Shaq, but the problem is the Suns need salary relief more than the Cavs need Shaq. So when the Suns are asking for Lobstar Tar Tar they will get a TV Dinner

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm not expecting anyone exciting in a Cleveland Phoenix trade. Most of this is just my frustration with Nash-Antoni loving faggots that Kerr tries to appease and in the process makes horrible moves.

The reason Lebron shouldn't go to NY is it'll be impossible to win a championship with Nash and Antoni in town.

Thunder Dan
06-15-2009, 03:25 PM
The reason Lebron shouldn't go to NY is it'll be impossible to win a championship with Nash and Antoni in town.

yeah I don't think he is going there and that is one of a couple reasons.

I will say though that this Shaq trade is a long ways away because I can't believe that Shaq was #1 on the Cavs' list this summer. I think they will play out all of their options they have and if they don't pan out then they will come back to the Suns. I can't imagine the Cavs trading away their 2 best trade assets in one deal for a 37 year old Shaq with only 1 year left on his deal.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Well I just read an article saying that the Suns have announced they won't trade Shaq just to save money.......given Sarver's track record that means a trade with Cleveland is imminent.

Ghazi
06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm not expecting anyone exciting in a Cleveland Phoenix trade. Most of this is just my frustration with Nash-Antoni loving faggots that Kerr tries to appease and in the process makes horrible moves.

Wrong.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Wrong.

Oh really you fuckin faggot, tell me why anyone would team up with the no defense faggots, Antoni and Nash, if they want to win a championship.

dirk4mvp
06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
LeBron would average 40/12/10

mavs>spurs2
06-15-2009, 03:41 PM
To be fair, the Suns should have had a title in 2007.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:41 PM
LeBron would average 40/12/10

And then Nash would whine about how he wasn't having enough fun, then Antoni would realize that if he wanted to continue his gay relationship with Nash, he needs to tell Lebron Nash is the best player on the team. Ultimately the team falls apart so bad that NY fans wish Isiah was still coach.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:43 PM
To be fair, the Suns should have had a title in 2007.

Amare broke a rule. If he had a real coach that had the players trained and knew what to do in that situation, it wouldn't have happened. No reason Amare had to break that rule.

mavs>spurs2
06-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Amare broke a rule. If he had a real coach that had the players trained and knew what to do in that situation, it wouldn't have happened. No reason Amare had to break that rule.

But if not for a technicality, the Suns could have won with their run and gun style of play. So technically it IS possible, just like the Mavs very well could have won in 2003 if Dirk didn't go down. Just because the ball bounced the other way doesn't mean it couldn't have very easily happened. That's the only point I'm making.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:50 PM
But if not for a technicality, the Suns could have won with their run and gun style of play. So technically it IS possible, just like the Mavs very well could have won in 2003 if Dirk didn't go down. Just because the ball bounced the other way doesn't mean it couldn't have very easily happened. That's the only point I'm making.

The undisciplined run and gun system Antoni coached was directly related to the team's undisciplined reaction to the altercation. One had something to do with the other. If the Suns were a disciplined defense oriented team the players would have stayed in the bench area.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:51 PM
And even if the above post is wrong, how do we know the Suns win game 5? If they were the better team, why didn't they win game 6?

mavs>spurs2
06-15-2009, 04:24 PM
When you have 2 good teams, throwing even just one game is pretty crippling. Maybe they just had an off game in game 6 coming off the discouragement of game 5. If they win game 5, the probably roll into game 6 with alot of confidence. One game has a big influence on how the rest of the games play out. To answer your question, no one will ever really know, but I take the Suns.

I think run and gun CAN win a championship with just the right pieces, but typically it's not the best way to go. It's not really my forte, but I do kind of missing having a run and gun team around to watch sometimes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree that a run and gun team is fun to have around, as long as it's not my team.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-15-2009, 06:15 PM
I will be playing with Bron come this fall

pauls931
06-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Be careful arguing with DoK, he'll drag you down to his level, and beat you.

IronMexican
06-15-2009, 08:54 PM

Glad you understand.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-16-2009, 01:00 AM
Be careful arguing with DoK, he'll beat you.

Thanks.

LeBronMVPjames
06-16-2009, 01:16 AM

That Would Be sum Bullshit if Shaq is gonna say it

KidCongo
06-16-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm not too keen on Shaq, just at his age and a potentially injury riddled year. But the Cavs don't have very many assets to acquire a good young big or current All-Star. This may be the best option but not until after the Cavs play the field.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-16-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm not too keen on Shaq, just at his age and a potentially injury riddled year.

If it's anything like last year that won't be an issue.

KidCongo
06-16-2009, 01:32 AM
If it's anything like last year that won't be an issue.

I spose Shaq and Z would split minutes both saving them for the playoffs.