PDA

View Full Version : K.C. Jones - Popavich similarities, differences

Fabbs
06-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Similarities
Both had a Big 3
Both coached in 3 Finals in a decade (K.C 2-1, Popped 3-0)
Both never repeated due to their own ineptitude
Both got owned by an inferior Laker team, altho both did beat the Lakers once in a series.
Both had teams in the NBAs best Division by far. (Sixers-Celts battles virtually were the Finals).
Both had beyond fantastic additions to their Big 3. Was Jones additions better or Pops? Dennis Johnson, Corny Maxwell, Tiny Archibald, even Danny Ainge (laugh all you want, watch the replays and see how many other Finals teams he was on, dude was a Laker Hater and came thru with huge shots)
Bruce Bowen, unprime DRob, Barrdawg-Findawg, who else?

Future similarities?
Both will ride the coatails until the players skills diminish/player retires/player joins team with better coach and titles again.
Bird, McHale, Bob Parish / Tim Dunkar, GNob, Parker

Differences
One black, one white
East Conf West Conf
Popped won a separate 4th title in earlier decade.
One in internet era, one not.
One not rehired (Jones), one will seemingly never be replaced, will coatail off once Dunks is done.

anymore?

EricB
06-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah if only they had kept Bob Hill.

Mel_13
06-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Similarities
Both had a Big 3
Both won 3 titles in a decade
Both got owned by an inferior Laker team, altho both did beat the Lakers once in a series.
Both had teams in the NBAs best Division by far. (Sixers-Celts battles virtually were the Finals).
Both had beyond fantastic additions to their Big 3. Was Jones additions better or Pops? Dennis Johnson, Corny Maxwell, Tiny Archibald, even Danny Ainge (laugh all you want, watch the replays and see how many other Finals teams he was on, dude was a Laker Hater and came thru with huge shots)

Future similarities?
Both will ride the coatails until the players skills diminish/player retires/player joins team with better coach and titles again.

Differences
One black, one white
East Conf West Conf
One not rehired (Jones), one will seemingly never be replaced, will coatail off once Dunks is done.

anymore?

Factually incorrect

Fabbs
06-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah if only they had kept Bob Hill.
Or hired Aggie Hoops Fan, Phil J, Pat Riley, hundreds of others.
Now Robert Horry. Well probably too late with the personnel screw ups.

What are you doing these days EricB? When you aren't trolling my threads.

Fabbs
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Factually incorrect
okay did you want to point out the "factuallys" or just use bandwidth?

exstatic
06-14-2009, 05:32 PM

You can't see the text that was bolded in the quote?

Mel_13
06-14-2009, 05:35 PM

For starters, please tell us what three teams did K.C. Jones coach to the NBA title.

Fabbs
06-14-2009, 05:39 PM
For starters, please tell us what three teams did K.C. Jones coach to the NBA title.
c'mon that's amatuerish. 81 84 86 Celts.
If this is some idiotic nit picking of yours that proper fags grammer would require impling 3 completely different teams ie Celts, Sixers, Pistons,...

Mel_13
06-14-2009, 05:43 PM
If this is some idiotic nit picking of yours that proper fags grammer would require impling 3 completely different teams ie Celts, Sixers, Pistons,...

No nit picking, no grammar tricks. Just facts.

Are you too lazy to check your facts?

The coach of the 1981 NBA Champion Boston Celtics was Bill Fitch.

Awaiting your apology for the gratuitous idiot and fag cracks.

Fabbs
06-14-2009, 05:45 PM
No nit picking, no grammar tricks. Just facts.

Are you too lazy to check your facts?

The coach of the 1981 NBA Champion Boston Celtics was Bill Fitch.

Awaiting your apology for the gratuitous idiot and fag cracks.
I am busted.

ShoogarBear
06-14-2009, 05:47 PM

KC didn't coach the 81 Celtics. That was Bill Fitch.

KC did coach the 75 Bullets who got swept in the Finals by the Warriors. On the positive side, it at least showed he could sucessfully coach players besides Bird, McHale, and DJ. He also coached the Sonics for a couple of mediocre years in the early 90s.

Mel_13
06-14-2009, 05:58 PM
I am busted.

Fabbs, I give you credit for owning it:toast

I will now leave you to revel undisturbed in your Pop hate. I would never try to talk you off that ledge.

I would, however, like your answers to a couple of questions.

In your opinion, which coaches (outside of Jackson and Riley) would have led the Spurs to more than 4 titles, and how many?

Going forward, what coaches (outside of Jackson and Riley) would make the Spurs more successful over the next three years than Pop?

I ask these questions in all seriousness and promise not to reply to your answer.

Fabbs
06-14-2009, 08:20 PM
In your opinion, which coaches (outside of Jackson and Riley) would have led the Spurs to more than 4 titles, and how many?

I ask these questions in all seriousness and promise not to reply to your answer.
chronicled in another thread, I'll see if I can find the link. Right now am off to go see "Up" and avoid witnessing Van Gundyvichs finishing touches to Choke Job 2009 Faker title.

Going forward, what coaches (outside of Jackson and Riley) would make the Spurs more successful over the next three years than Pop?
The Front offices screw ups with Scola etc and 'Zits idiotic misuse of Finley, non use of GHill, over use of Timmy Dunks etc has in almost all certainly taken the wheels off any title chances. I don't know that any coach can title them now. But who knows, maybe the injured Euro draftees will recover and astound.

SouthTexasRancher
06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Similarities
Both had a Big 3
Both coached in 3 Finals in a decade (K.C 2-1, Popped 3-0)

Future similarities?

Differences
One black, one white
East Conf West Conf

anymore?

Were you born this way or did your mom drop you on your head at some point in the past?

You could have simply said you are a Pop hater and left it at that. Maybe then you could find one person out there in internet land who would have a smidgen of respect for you.

Otherwise this thread is a total f*ing waste of bandwidth. In fact I just wasted 19 seconds of my life...

Fabbs
06-15-2009, 11:16 AM
My Mom chews tobacco and has a tatoo of Texas on her arse.
fify

SouthTexasRancher
06-15-2009, 10:49 PM
My Mom chews tobacco and has a tatoo of Texas on her arse.

Well that answers my question. You were born without a brain and your mom dropped you on your flat noggin just to make sure! Looks like she definitely succeeded...!