PDA

View Full Version : Did Magic just say what I think he said?

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 08:27 PM
" Gasol and Garnett are the best skilled big men in the NBA."

ffadicted
06-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes he did.
Lost so much respect from me right there

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:29 PM
TD, Dirk, KG and Gasol are easily the four most talented bigs. Rasheed might be next.

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:30 PM
On straight skill, Gasol is way up the list. He has it all in his game. If he wasn't soft, he'd be a top 7 player in the game. As it is, he's probably top 15.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 08:32 PM
On straight skill, Gasol is way up the list. He has it all in his game. If he wasn't soft, he'd be a top 7 player in the game. As it is, he's probably top 15.

What can he do better than Duncan?

ffadicted
06-14-2009, 08:32 PM
True, but putting Gasol and Garnett in a completely different league then Duncan is just ridiculous.

Duncan is arguably more skilled in the post then either, and certainly much better on D then Gasol

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
What can he do better than Duncan?

I never said he was better than Duncan.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I never said he was better than Duncan.

I know. I'm just asking you if there's anything Gasol is better than Duncan at. Because I can't come up with one thing. Apparently Magic has a different opinion.

TimDuncan>Kobe
06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't think homerism is limited to no name fans.

DMX7
06-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Magic has a short memory. I could make a joke about it but it would be inappropriate.

JamStone
06-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Magic later clarified and singled out Duncan, saying something like Duncan is the best and in a league of his own, then it's KG, then it's Gasol. It's kind of like when people in the 90s talked about who the best player was but left out Jordan because he was the given #1.

SouthTexasRancher
06-14-2009, 10:56 PM
" Gasol and Garnett are the best skilled big men in the NBA."

Well what should we expect from another La La Land rapist. I guess Fakers basketball players think it is ok to go behind their wives backs and rape white women. And Magic got the HIV. Wonder what Kobie caught? Oh well, Bird and Jordan were better than Magic anyway. Screw all the Fakers. Nothing but a bunch of plastic crap anyway!

Medvedenko
06-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Gasol=in passing to Duncan
Gasol better post moves at this point in their careers.
Gasol is a better ball handler as well.

Still, TD is better overall due to his consistent defense and clutch play.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2009, 10:59 PM
KG's offensive game is a joke. He's no way in hell one of the top 3 "skilled" big men.

duncan228
06-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Magic later clarified and singled out Duncan, saying something like Duncan is the best and in a league of his own, then it's KG, then it's Gasol. It's kind of like when people in the 90s talked about who the best player was but left out Jordan because he was the given #1.

Thanks for the rest of the story.

crc21209
06-14-2009, 11:01 PM
1. TD
2. Dirk
2a. Gasol
4. Garnett

cobbler
06-14-2009, 11:02 PM
True, but putting Gasol and Garnett in a completely different league then Duncan is just ridiculous.

Duncan is arguably more skilled in the post then either, and certainly much better on D then Gasol

On D Garnett gets the nod. Post skills? Gasol is every bit as good as TD offensively. Are you not watching the games? He can go left, right, shoot the mid range. I really dont see how you say otgherwise... lets hear the "arguably".

cobbler
06-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Well what should we expect from another La La Land rapist. I guess Fakers basketball players think it is ok to go behind their wives backs and rape white women. And Magic got the HIV. Wonder what Kobie caught? Oh well, Bird and Jordan were better than Magic anyway. Screw all the Fakers. Nothing but a bunch of plastic crap anyway!

Bitter?

Amaso
06-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Are we talking offensively skilled?
I'd probably put Duncan and Pau as 1A and 1B from a pure offensive standpoint as far as skill goes, but obviously Pau hasn't averaged 30 for a playoff series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Calling Magic Johnson a rapist.....that's new.....wtf?

monosylab1k
06-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Looks like the AIDS got into Magic's brain. Dirk has made a career out of jizzing all over Gasol's face. Swap Dirk for Gasol and Kobe would have 2 titles without Shaq right now.

BeeGee
06-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Well what should we expect from another La La Land rapist. I guess Fakers basketball players think it is ok to go behind their wives backs and rape white women. And Magic got the HIV. Wonder what Kobie caught? Oh well, Bird and Jordan were better than Magic anyway. Screw all the Fakers. Nothing but a bunch of plastic crap anyway!:toast This one's for dickfleas like you that make the celebration so much more fun. Thanks! :toast

holcs50
06-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Ok, over their careers TD KILLS pau offensively...do people remember the first round beatdowns that TD would give pau when he was on the grizzlies? Or how bout even last year when it was painfully obvious TD could take pau on any occasion...Now if you want to talk this year yes id say they were around equal offensively, but lets remember TD was kind of a shell of his old self. Lets see how TD comes back next year.

BeeGee
06-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Magic's statement was of course, incorrect. Pau is very skilled, but Blackjack 21 is still, to me, the most skilled big man from top to bottom. When he's 100% he'll shit on all these cats. The only thing he can't do is outjump them. KG's jumper is sweeter, but when you're talking about total package, center of the franchise... Timmay is still the most skilled. My opinion.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Garnett can't even post up. His offense is disgustingly overrated.

KSeal
06-14-2009, 11:23 PM
lol at all the butthurt Spur fans.

JamStone
06-14-2009, 11:25 PM
For those who failed to read all the posts in the thread, I re-post:

Magic corrected himself and said Duncan is the best skilled big man in the game.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2009, 11:26 PM
how come he didnt mention yao?

mytespurs
06-14-2009, 11:28 PM

I dont know why you need to go there.......after all, most people are giving Lakers props.......just ignore the few haters and enjoy your championship.

holcs50
06-14-2009, 11:28 PM

LOL at you. Im not butthurt at all i knew this was coming, the only thing i don't look forward to is all my drunk friends talking about the lakers all summer.

How is saying TD is the most skilled being butthurt....the only dumb ones in this thread are the ones claiming paus anywhere near TD career wise. The only time pau has been arguably as good is this year when TD was probably about 60-70% of his normal self.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2009, 11:43 PM

Yes, they're so butthurt by putting Gasol in the top 3 bigmen in the NBA. Man. You wouldn't believe how butthurt they are.

MaNu4Tres
06-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Gasol=in passing to Duncan
Gasol better post moves at this point in their careers.
Gasol is a better ball handler as well.

Still, TD is better overall due to his consistent defense and clutch play.

You obviously didn't watch Duncan before he got hurt in February last season. I would say Duncan had just as many post moves after he got hurt. Before that he was hands down a better post player than Gasol, but your a Laker fan think what you want. And even though ball handling is irrelevant for a big man. I don't really know what to look at to determine who is the better ballhandler due to the fact that Gasol never really dribbles the ball. Duncan on the other hand, if you watch his games, tends to dribble through his legs and hesistate on some of his bank shot attempts. I wouldn't agree with your opinion with ballhandling. And passing Tim is probably the best quarterback with the basketball when the double team comes his way, he most often than not always finds the open man. Then again your a laker fan, so you may think different, but don't watch other teams but your beloved lakers.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Gasol is not better than KG. I love the caveman, but he just isn't.

Killakobe81
06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Dude also said that they were the best AFTER Duncan so chill ...

Killakobe81
06-15-2009, 01:36 AM
For those who failed to read all the posts in the thread, I re-post:

Magic corrected himself and said Duncan is the best skilled big man in the game.

Exactly Spur fans need l ...many on here say the Laker fans are so defensive about Kobe. But Duncan fans ae just as quick to defend Duncan even when he is getting props.

SOme Spur fans even said they were rooting against Lakers because they didnt want Kobe to tie Duncn in rings even though he is the best center playing power forward in the history of the NBA ...

NBAfan83
06-15-2009, 01:47 AM
I actually never felt that KG destroyed Pau in last years finals like most people thought he would.

As soft as most people say Pau is, Dwight or KG hasn't "Destroyed" him like most people thought they would. Dunno, maybe he plays decent individual defence? w/e it is, Pau can stand his own ground, and flop, like Europeans are known 2.

Ice009
06-15-2009, 03:01 AM

What do you mean arguably? Duncan in the post owns both those guys.

You wanna debate Duncan in the post start bringing up guys like Hakeem.

Ice009
06-15-2009, 03:03 AM
On D Garnett gets the nod. Post skills? Gasol is every bit as good as TD offensively. Are you not watching the games? He can go left, right, shoot the mid range. I really dont see how you say otgherwise... lets hear the "arguably".

Are you fucking joking?

TD has forgotten half of the post moves he used to have.

Duncan has dominated the post in the NBA for 10 years you twit.

Tell me how many years has Gasol dominated the post? How about zero.

cobbler
06-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Are you fucking joking?

TD has forgotten half of the post moves he used to have.

Duncan has dominated the post in the NBA for 10 years you twit.

Tell me how many years has Gasol dominated the post? How about zero.

Magic wasnt talking about the past you friggen moron. He was talking about now!

Zero? He looked pretty dominant all year long and throughout the playoffs. I give TD the nod defensively... Offense, its equal. Chew on it first round loser boy.

Ice009
06-15-2009, 03:12 AM
Magic wasnt talking about the past you friggen moron. He was talking about now!

Zero? He looked pretty dominant all year long and throughout the playoffs. I give TD the nod defensively... Offense, its equal. Chew on it first round loser boy.

Nope. Go back and watch Duncan this season before his knee started playing up.

He was dominating and playing better than Pau.

You say Pau is better offensively then why did a gimpy Duncan average more points than him this season? Like I said Tim was well ahead of Pau earlier in the season and looking awesome before his knees started playing up. Pau only just caught up to Tim towards the end of the season when his numbers went way down in the second half, but Tim Duncan still came out ahead of Pau's scoring average ;)

Not even this year was Pau better than Duncan. Chew on that.

Anyway I saw that Magic corrected himself so there is no point arguing is there?

Ice009
06-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Magic's statement was of course, incorrect. Pau is very skilled, but Blackjack 21 is still, to me, the most skilled big man from top to bottom. When he's 100% he'll shit on all these cats. The only thing he can't do is outjump them. KG's jumper is sweeter, but when you're talking about total package, center of the franchise... Timmay is still the most skilled. My opinion.

That is a very good take and similar to what I'd say. Great stuff coming from a Laker fan. I guess we need to prop up Kobe a bit in return, but I don't think Kobe needs it.

Yuixafun
06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Garnett has a wider skill set.

But I don't really care if my PF can run a fast break and shoot from the outside.

Duncan is more dominant at what he does.

urunobili
06-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Dirk>Gaysol

KSeal
06-19-2009, 07:57 PM
1 ring>0 rings

Culburn369
06-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Gasol learned his lessons from the '08 Finals. No more giving anything away, especially mentally. No more looks of astonishment when banging. Perkins got thru him and made him back down, made him shrug & cowtow. Howard couldn't move him. Howard couldn't get what he wanted. And Gasol? He never said a word.

dirk4mvp
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
1 ring>0 rings

Payton > Stockton

Dirk is far and away better than Gasol. Gasol might not even be a top 5 pf.

monosylab1k
06-19-2009, 08:14 PM
1 ring>0 rings

rofl

Pippen > Kobe

Horry > Jordan

monosylab1k
06-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Lakerfan is fucking retarded if he thinks Gasol is better than Dirk. If collusion brought Dirk to the Lakers last season, Kobe would have 2 rings without Shaq right now.

Culburn369
06-19-2009, 08:33 PM
C'mon, Mono, Dirk does display quite a bit of Casper in his game during the playoffs. You know it's true, duder. Sure, when he fled Miami the door jam was crowded with other Mavs, but, his shoulders were parallel with the striker.

dirk4mvp
06-19-2009, 08:38 PM
C'mon, Mono, Dirk does display quite a bit of Casper in his game during the playoffs. You know it's true, duder. Sure, when he fled Miami the door jam was crowded with other Mavs, but, his shoulders were parallel with the striker.

Gasol shit the bed 3 straight times in the playoffs.

Bet you can't find more than 8 players all time to avg. 25 and 10 boards in the playoffs.

Culburn369
06-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Sure, he crapped the bed, but, he listened to Kobe, got his caca together and delivered the goods. Dirk does the same thing over & over again come Spring and you & he expect different results. Dirk is a nice guy, a real sweetheart, but, he only wants it because he sees the other fellows (Kobe, Duncan, Wade, et al) want it.

mystargtr34
06-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Garnett can't even post up. His offense is disgustingly overrated.

I agree. His offensive games consists of a mid range jumper (which hardly ever misses to be fair), and that two dribble back to the basket, pick up the dribble, head fake left and then right, then shoot the turn around fade away.

I really cant recall the last time he did anything different on offense.

Gasol on the other hand does have it all. In terms of pure skill i think hes up there with Duncan. And I think at this stage of their careers Pau utilises his post skills better too, although Tim has a better jumper and is still the superior player IMO - but not by much.

Dirk is clearly up there too but hes a different player to these three.

1. Duncan
2. Gasol
3. Dirk
4. KG

Doesnt mean thats the list in terms of the better player though. I think Dirk and KG are slightly better than Pau, so is Duncan.

monosylab1k
06-19-2009, 09:59 PM

Dirk also carried the team against San Antonio in Game 7. Are you saying that Dirk didn't make a huge clutch play and a huge clutch free throw to tie that one? Are you saying his fadeaway over Shaq in the Finals wasn't clutch? Nevermind that Wade was playing at an unstoppable level, Dirk make some clutch plays along with some definite choke jobs.

Dirk as a leader took his team to the Finals. Pau as a leader took his team to nonstop first round sweeps. End of discussion.

monosylab1k
06-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Dirk has had his bad moments in the playoffs, but he's offset that with plenty of times where he carried the team. Pau couldn't do shit until he was traded to an already stacked team. And even then, he still has sucked more often than he's played well in the playoffs.

Culburn369
06-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm just saying up 2-0 and on the verge of 3-0 Dirk fled thru the side door. That was his moment. In all likelihood with Kobe at the zenith for the foreseeable future Dirk will never get another opportunity. Let's face it, mono, the Mavericks have always been the Laker's geisha girl. We've used you since the mid-80's something terrible. What was that idiot's name in '84 for you guys who couldn't find his ass with both hands. Blackman's buddy in the back court. You remember Basketball Digest voted those two the best back court in the NBA, better than Magic & Scott. Can ya imagine it?

nevitt_&_smrek
06-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Magic corrected himself the next day. He made a mistake. It happens.