PDA

View Full Version : 2010 is going to be sick

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Next year is going to be a sick NBA season. The Lakers are back on top, which kinda sucks but is kinda awesome at the same time. It sucks because the Lakers are a magnet for douchebag fans and Kobe has now certified himself as an all-time great but at the same time they are a fun team to hate. Beating a favored Lakers team in the playoffs is almost as rewarding as winning a championship. They have giant bandwagon fanbase that thinks championships are their god given right and meltdown if they get beaten unexpectedly.

In 2010, there are a lot of teams that could win the championship. The Lakers will be the favorites but there are up and coming teams (Magic, Cavs, Blazers), teams that could be great if things work out right (Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz), teams that are one all-star away from being championship contenders (Hornets, Mavs, Hawks, Heat, Suns) and old teams trying to hang on (Spurs and Celtics).

I'm sure there will be douchebag Laker Fan who thinks that the 2010 championship is already in the bag for the Lakers ... but that's what Laker Fan is supposed to think. They wouldn't be playing their role if that's not what they thought.

The NBA just isn't as fun when fluke teams like the Heat and the Celtics win it all. Now there's an actual target for the rest of the NBA to aim at.

:hungry:

P.S.

FTL.

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Spurs=7th seed next year, knocked out by Houston ..

I guess you'll be sick to your stomach when that occurs Spur fans.

This is what I'm talking about. Laker Fan can be Laker Fan once again.

Awesome :tu

ffadicted
06-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Kobe up there filling the shoes for the Laker fan role lol
Before '10 can be exciting though, I'm waiting for the Spurs FO to make some moves this offseason, or else we can basically give up any chance of making it past the first round

Allanon
06-14-2009, 09:07 PM
09/2010 will be even more lopsided than 08/09 with teams saving up for the LeBron/Wade/Amare/Dirk/<insert superstar> sweepstakes.

It sucks for NBA fans but it is what it is.

JamStone
06-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Gonna suck as a Pistons fan, but I do agree that it's an exciting time for the NBA in that it seems to be one of those transition times similar to the time in between the 80s Lakers/Celtics and the 90s Bulls where there are a handful of teams that can take over as champions depending on how the next couple of seasons go before one or two teams really emerge as the next multiple title team. The current Lakers team might be that next great team, but they still need to prove it. So, in the meantime, it will be fun the next couple of years to see which teams do emerge.

timvp
06-14-2009, 09:10 PM
09/2010 will be even more lopsided than 08/09 with teams saving up for the LeBron/Wade/Amare/Dirk/<insert superstar> sweepstakes.

It sucks for NBA fans but it is what it is.

Exactly what I'm talking about :hungry:

Allanon
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Exactly what I'm talking about :hungry:

For what it's worth, I hope I'm just being Lakerfan and you're right about all the sick teams next year. This was not a good/entertaining basketball year for me.

I like competition, if that means the Lakers don't win the Championship, that's fine as long as it was entertaining.

Unholy Turkey
06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
I really hope that next year will be better... this year went really down because of the injuries suffered to almost every team.

Capt Bringdown
06-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Why wouldn't Laker fans expect that Lakers will repeat?

Certainly PJ and Kobe have done it before, and the competition will most likely stand pat, waiting for 2011. Spurs have zero chance, perhaps even with a healthy Manu, with the likes of Finley, Kurt Thomas, Bonner etc.

It'd be very surprising if they don't repeat.

xellos88330
06-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I am right there with you timvp. This next season could be full of surprises. Hell, the offseason could be full of surprises.

spurscenter
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Spurs=7th seed next year, knocked out by Houston ..

I guess you'll be sick to your stomach when that occurs Spur fans.

here we go

Laker fans think they won this fair and square and now are going to talk shit like the Lakers beat powerhouses in Utah, Rockets, Nuggets and Magic.

its so funny

no one is really from LA .

Its like the Chicago Bulls of the 90s

redzero
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
The Celtics have the best chance to knock out the Lakers. Everybody else is just in the way.

Capt Bringdown
06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
I am right there with you timvp. This next season could be full of surprises. Hell, the offseason could be full of surprises.

Yeah, like this season was full of surprises. The Lakers making their second straight trip to the finals, who'd of thunk it?

Cry Havoc
06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Can't wait. :toast

Frenzy
06-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Next year is going to be a sick NBA season. The Lakers are back on top, which kinda sucks but is kinda awesome at the same time. It sucks because the Lakers are a magnet for douchebag fans and Kobe has now certified himself as an all-time great but at the same time they are a fun team to hate. Beating a favored Lakers team in the playoffs is almost as rewarding as winning a championship. They have giant bandwagon fanbase that thinks championships are their god given right and meltdown if they get beaten unexpectedly.

In 2010, there are a lot of teams that could win the championship. The Lakers will be the favorites but there are up and coming teams (Magic, Cavs, Blazers), teams that could be great if things work out right (Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz), teams that are one all-star away from being championship contenders (Hornets, Mavs, Hawks, Heat, Suns) and old teams trying to hang on (Spurs and Celtics).

I'm sure there will be douchebag Laker Fan who thinks that the 2010 championship is already in the bag for the Lakers ... but that's what Laker Fan is supposed to think. They wouldn't be playing their role if that's not what they thought.

The NBA just isn't as fun when fluke teams like the Heat and the Celtics win it all. Now there's an actual target for the rest of the NBA to aim at.

FTL.

not to mention all the power house teams will be fueled with anger and thirsty for revenge

cant wait... :corn:

mytespurs
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Thankfully this season is over and now 6 weeks until NFL training camps start opening...woohoo!!!

Back on topic.......I already have my fantasy finals in mind fort 2010.......Spurs vs Celtics....the battle of the geriatics.....last team standing

:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao:downspin::downspi n:

lefty
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM

Owned :lmao

mytespurs
06-14-2009, 10:27 PM
TIMVP is right. We tend to get em in bunches, and there is no reason why we cant win the next 4 in a row. Kobe will only be thirty-four, and PJ will only have 14 titles. By then, Bynum will be a stud, and it will start all over again... like a merry go round.

Im just saying

Enjoy this one and worry about next year....next year! :toast

benefactor
06-14-2009, 10:30 PM

In bold too....

Nahtanoj
06-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I personally think the Spurs will be back next year.

iggypop123
06-14-2009, 10:32 PM
too much free agency to go to proclaim 2010 awesome

Chillen
06-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Repeating is tough. The Lakers could have lost to Houston if Yao Ming hadn't gotten injured, and if the Magic didn't play like fools the NBA finals it could have been different. Each NBA season gets tougher, the Lakers are the favorites in 2010 until someone knocks them off, which in the Western Conference, isn't impossible.

Spurtacus
06-14-2009, 10:35 PM

P.S.

FTL.

Good post. :tu

Looking forward to the offseason and 09/10 season.

crc21209
06-15-2009, 05:06 AM
When healthy, the top 5 teams in each Conference are:

West:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Nuggets
5. Blazers

East:

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Bulls
5. Hawks

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 05:14 AM
lmao Blazers 1st round exit

TimDuncan>Kobe
06-15-2009, 05:24 AM

P.S.

FTL.
Awesome post.:tu

ginobili's bald spot
06-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Good post spurfan. I already can't wait til next season.

Ghazi
06-15-2009, 05:34 AM
timvp I think exaggerates the possible parity. There will be maybe 3-4 championship contenders next year. This offseason will be intriguing though.

Speaking for the Mavs, I don't think our guys are an All-Star away, they're a face lift away. The roster needs to be eradicated from all (except Dirk) remnants of getting cheated out of the Finals and the 2007 Warriors series.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 05:37 AM
the only possible contender out West besides the Lakers is Houston. And that's only if they do something T-Quits expiring.

Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Blazers are a joke, basically. Unless they pull off a Mitch Kupchek type trade.

holcs50
06-15-2009, 05:45 AM

It better be, because the spurs can't take it next year even if healthy if they don't do something about our bigs, and get some decent penetrators-preferably a 6'7 one. I just hope the spurs don't go into next year with a roster that looks almost exactly like this year and hope that adding another one dimensional player like mason as our big off-season move will make a bit of difference.

Rogue
06-15-2009, 05:55 AM
the only possible contender out West besides the Lakers is Houston. And that's only if they do something T-Quits expiring.

Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Blazers are a joke, basically. Unless they pull off a Mitch Kupchek type trade.
The Fakers were also a joke before the Gasol robbery. Even after getting fueled with Gasol, the Fakers still got eliminated last season by the Celtics. I have to admit the Lakers are a contender, but they are too far from the elite level to be considered a dynasty team like 90's bulls. I can't imagine the Lakers as champoins if KG hadn't got seriously injuried. T-Mac is pretty valuable an asset for trading use this offseason, while such kind of expiring contracts are almost every where in the league. And I'm pretty sure Mavs' expirings are more attrative to the teams with financial problems, as Stack's 7m salary for the final year has already got 5m bought out.

pauls931
06-15-2009, 08:52 AM
See what happens when you don't let the suns in the playoffs? the damn lakers run to the title. They would have been the 8th seed getting a shot at LA before getting knocked out by the Spurs. LOL

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 08:56 AM
See what happens when you don't let the suns in the playoffs? the damn lakers run to the title. They would have been the 8th seed getting a shot at LA before getting knocked out by the Spurs. LOL

That right there is why it was good Phoenix missed the playoffs entirely rather than getting curbstomped by LA in the first round.

pauls931
06-15-2009, 09:10 AM
That right there is why it was good Phoenix missed the playoffs entirely rather than getting curbstomped by LA in the first round.

Oh crap you're right, Amare would have been out.

ambchang
06-15-2009, 09:14 AM
75 win ecstasy!

Capt Bringdown
06-15-2009, 09:25 AM

Houston's guards had some great games against the Lakers and gave them a little trouble. That's about the extent of Houston's threat to the Lakers IMO.

"Joke" is a little harsh, but somewhat accurate way to describe the other contenders. The Nuggets aren't going to change, the Mavs define mediocrity and playoff underachievement, the Blazers are raw and perhaps as dumb as the Nuggets, and the Spurs are way past their expiration date. "Joke" does in fact describe much of the Spurs lineup, sad to say.

I agree, Timvp's claims about league parity are strained at best. The effect of the Gasol "trade" cannot be underestimated. The Lakers leapfrogged the competition without giving anything up. They are going to be at the top of the mountain for quite a while.

I recall seeing a post about the Lakers winning percentage since the Gasol trade. It's pretty astounding.

tlongII
06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
The Blazers clearly have the most talent in the league. They're just young. I see them taking the Lakers out in the WCF next postseason.

pauls931
06-15-2009, 09:30 AM
The Blazers clearly have the most talent in the league. They're just young. I see them taking the Lakers out in the WCF next postseason.

I'd say give them one more season to bake unless they pick up an experience point. Such as stealing Joe Johnson from Atlanta or Nash from Pho.

stretch
06-15-2009, 09:44 AM
these next 2 years are going to be very exciting

sonic21
06-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Pacers will win a title by 2020. Avatar bet on it!

Dex
06-15-2009, 09:53 AM
The offseason isn't even 24 hours old yet, and I'm already ready for next season.

mytespurs
06-15-2009, 10:09 AM

While these teams may not be in the Lakers league at the moment, I wouldn't call them "jokes". The LA Clippers are a joke; the Spurs are not.

No need to diss; just revel in the glory of the Lakers ending the championship drought after 7 years. :king

TampaDude
06-15-2009, 10:11 AM
The offseason isn't even 24 hours old yet, and I'm already ready for football.

:toast

rayray2k8
06-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Might feel like old times... Hope the spurs can bring back the rivalry.

Thomas82
06-15-2009, 10:21 AM
I personally think the Spurs will be back next year.

I have to agree with you on that one.

ducks
06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
blazers need to sign a vet point guard
would you if you are the blazers see if ray alson is avaible in the magic
if nelson is back is there room for both and keep both happy

poop
06-15-2009, 10:49 AM
the Lakers were lucky to avoid the Injury plague that decimated the rest of the league.(bynum doesnt count he was fully ready for the playoffs).

they are just one Kobe or gasol injury away from a first round exit.

mytespurs
06-15-2009, 11:34 AM
the Lakers were lucky to avoid the Injury plague that decimated the rest of the league.(bynum doesnt count he was fully ready for the playoffs).

they are just one Kobe or gasol injury away from a first round exit.

That would be the only thing I think that would keep them from repeating?

TheMACHINE
06-15-2009, 11:38 AM

lol..so your allowed to call Lakers fans names...but we arnt allowed to do the same or else we're douches.

:lol

Killakobe81
06-15-2009, 11:52 AM
2 sentiments i agree with these playoffs were just good not great ...we had some great games ..5 of 7 in Boston vs. orlando and Boston vs. the Bulls provided the same.
There were some good games sprinled throughout but HORRIBLE officiating ruined many others.
As for next year I dont count on a repeat. First, Phil may not return. Second we may lose Ariza or Odom if neither of those three things happend and we get a a chance to defend with a healthy squad I like our chances ...a lot.
But in the west there are no gimmies ...and I expect the Spurs, Blazers, Rockets and Nugz to be just as tough as this year Jazz, Mavs Hornets should be inthe mix as well.

The finals felt very anti-climatic. My dream run through the finals would of been Hornets, Spurs, Blazers ...since many thought the Blazers matched up well, the Spurs because they are the next best in the west and hornets to show who the real MVP is and was with teh Celts or Cavs in the Finals. I'll take this title (who wouldn't) gladly but hope if we get it next year that we can beat the best of the best.

kobyz
06-15-2009, 12:23 PM
till the day every time Phil Jackson take a championship it was a start of a three-peat, is this time it will be the same? it very well might be

manufor3
06-15-2009, 12:26 PM
the lkers were extremely lucky in the finals, with the howard free throws and the Lee lay-up

tomtom
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Blazers will be in the top 3 in the west next year, BELIEVE IT!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
The Thunder will be better than the Blazers next year. Write it down, take a picture.

gmartin02
06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I recall seeing a post about the Lakers winning percentage since the Gasol trade. It's pretty astounding.

Lakers record since Gasol trade:

Regular season: 93-26 - .782 %
Playoffs: 30-14 - .682 %

Additionally, the Lakers have not lost more than 2 games in a row since the Gasol trade.

HarlemHeat37
06-15-2009, 01:07 PM
It could be good, but I thought this year would be too, and it was weak as fuck..

LA will be the favorite, although they really aren't as strong as people think..they didn't look great in the playoffs against relatively weak competition..they also have to hold on to Ariza and Odom..they're obviously the best team in the NBA going into next season though, but they're beatable..

Boston needs health and to add another player on the bench for depth..they'll be back IMo..

Cleveland just needs 1 move..Shaq would help them a lot, and so would a guy like Rasheed..pretty much any impact player moves them to #1 IMO..

Houston is a very good team when healthy, possible the best in the West..Houston can't be healthy though, it's impossible, so it doesn't matter..this is their best chance though, because Yao won't be playing in the Summer, and McGrady will be in a contract year..dangerous team..

Denver has no chance, because they're just too stupid of a team..you can't teach basketball IQ at this point in a basketball player's life..

Orlando can get there again, but it'll be tough if they lose Turkoglu..Howard needs to improve a lot offensively, but I don't see that happening in a year..

Portland has the potential to come out of the West as soon as next year, but potential is just that..they need Oden to progress, which is possible in his 1st legit off-season coming..they'll also have the ability to improve at either the PG or SF position, or maybe even both..they could be dangerous..

the Spurs have a lot of work..we need health first of all, and we need to hope that we find a diamond in the rough as a young role player..otherwise, this team is going to be too old to make a complete run, although it's possible..

FaithInOne
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Another year of shitty nonexistent post presence outside of a fading Duncan and more old players to fill in the gaps.

I can't wait. Yay Team.

Bukefal
06-15-2009, 02:34 PM
i cant wait for the season to begin. And still sooo longgggggg until the start :(

holcs50
06-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Another year of shitty nonexistent post presence outside of a fading Duncan and more old players to fill in the gaps.

I can't wait. Yay Team.

:lmao

Aint that the truth. I wonder for the people who said you think the spurs will be back next year, why? And in what capacity? Do you mean they will be back and win a playoff series or two, or do you honestly think they can win another 'chip with this team?

If the spurs go completely healthy into the playoffs next year with a team similar to this years team---meaning like faithinone said exchange a few shit bigs for a few different ones and make another huge acquisition like Mason :lol, then the spurs will not win, i can guarantee that. The Lakers would still be beat the spurs, and prob a few other teams. So until the spurs make a move that I actually feel can ADD not STAY EQUAL to the team I will remain in the camp that the spurs are an aging team that is past its prime.

Amaso
06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
the lkers were extremely lucky in the finals, with the howard free throws and the Lee lay-up

Lakers were lucky with the lay-up, but the Lakers would have won game 4 easily if it was officiated fairly and differently (and it would've been if the Magic were up 2-1).

Donkeybong
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM
For what it's worth, I hope I'm just being Lakerfan and you're right about all the sick teams next year. This was not a good/entertaining basketball year for me.

I like competition, if that means the Lakers don't win the Championship, that's fine as long as it was entertaining.

you make me fucking sick. how can you call yourself a laker fan?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Don't like the tone, but for the most part timvp is right.

LakerFan is defined by thinking every championship is your birthright. They think the basketball world always rotates around LA. That's why they were so worthless as bballfans when they were getting their asses handed to them for five years in a row. Can you imagine how much shorter their collective life spans got when they lost by 50 points to give up last year's title to the Celtics?
They needed this one just to stay relevant.

DPG21920
06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
The potential is there for an amazing year. There will be some big changes and a lot of players can make big impacts.

I think the competition will be tight and the level of play is going to go up. It is going to be an exciting year, especially because hardly anyone is going to look to improve via the draft, it will be FA and trades.

I expect some serious activity.