PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant is just unbelievable...

sook
06-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Untill watching the highlights I had not realized how much of his athleticism Kobe had lost. He barely dunked it on that one shot, its hard to see how he gets so many points. The guy can shoot the ball with unbelievable efficiency.

One of the most unique players in NBA history. Props, always been a huge fan of his.

Amaso
06-14-2009, 10:54 PM
:toast

Medvedenko
06-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Most fundamental player of all time.

sook
06-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Usually you tend to bitch at a player for not taking it to the hole.........

Quite frankly I don't think he has driven it to the basket more than 3 times this entire series how he manages 33ppg is baffling

duncan228
06-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Incredible talent. Glad he got the one that he wanted so much.

crc21209
06-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Most fundamental player of all time.

Not really...he's got more skills and athleticism than fundamentals.

hhml
06-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm amazed at how incredibly efficient his JS is. If he didn't have such a crappy shot selection he'd be way up there in % instead of down in the low 40s. To average ~33 pts in this series on mostly jump shooting is simply amazing.

Medvedenko
06-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Do you know what fundamentals are? Yes, he has skills, part of what makes up a solid foundation of b-ball Fundamentals. He has no weakness.

Amaso
06-14-2009, 11:01 PM

He's lost athleticism but he definitely has the most skill. I wouldn't really consider Kobe a fundamental player (even though he has great fundamentals) just because everything he does is uncommon. Most NBA players don't consistently take 20 foot fade away jumpers or baseline fadeaways from the post like Kobe does.

Medvedenko
06-14-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm amazed at how incredibly efficient his JS is. If he didn't have such a crappy shot selection he'd be way up there in % instead of down in the low 40s. To average ~33 pts in this series on mostly jump shooting is simply amazing.

Who gives a shit about shooting percentage. The difference of shooting 45% and 50% is like making 1 more shot out of 20 attempts. Given that he shoots way more jumpers at this point of his career is outstanding.

hhml
06-14-2009, 11:13 PM
There's always room for improvement. And I rather him shoot near the 50s than down in the 40s.

sook
06-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Its really been a pleasure to see him develop as a player so well. During 04-07 he was the most potent OFFENSIVE player I had ever seen.

Rogue
06-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Its really been a pleasure to see him develop as a player so well. During 04-07 he was the most potent OFFENSIVE player I had ever seen.
:lmao

sook
06-14-2009, 11:36 PM

I think he may be a better offensive player than MJ...

But again, thats just like saying Dikembe is a better defensive player than Shaq. Kobe was a better scorer.

cobbler
06-14-2009, 11:37 PM

Quite possibly the dumbest post you have aver made... and that takes some doing. Kobe has the best fundamentals and footwork of any player today and quite possibly ALL TIME.

Just a retarded comment.... by you yet again.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2009, 11:39 PM
I think he may be a better offensive player than MJ...

Wrong.

sook
06-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Wrong.

notice how i said "May."

My argument of course is, void, if in fact, MJ could have done all the things Kobe did, but just chose not to.

I'm going off of what was show cased.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Kobe was impressive. Kudos to him. First NBA FINALS MVP in 6 tries. About time Kobe...about time....BRAVO

Amaso
06-14-2009, 11:49 PM

How is that funny when its probably true? We're talking strictly as an offensive threat. I made a post last night I believe stating even if Kobe were to have identical numbers as Jordan (6/6 rings, same field goal %, same clutchness, same # of MVPS, etc) people would still pick Jordan because people don't like Kobe for 3 reasons:

-Colorado, he "raped" some white girl, it was on the news forever and he snitched on Shaq.

-He demanded a trade twice basically, people think he's too whiny or too cocky.

-And finally, he became a superstar too soon after Jordan's 2nd retirement. People were still in love with Michael even in 2002 when Kobe appeared to be on his way to have an almost identical career. People thought he might threaten Michael's legacy.

Now I'm not saying Kobe is better than Michael because at this stage of his career it would be stupid to even suggest that he's definitely better than MJ was and it would still be shaky to say Kobe is equal to Michael as a player at this point.

All in all, if Kobe ever reaches 6 rings, people and the media still would try to prevent an argument that would have Kobe at MJ's level.

MiamiHeat
06-14-2009, 11:55 PM
sook

go dig yourself a trench and lie in it.

You are stupid.

NBAfan83
06-15-2009, 01:53 AM
I think his low % in shooting has more to do with ref inconsistency. Sometimes whenever he drives to the basket in any game, he gets the foul call regardless of whether contact is made or not. Then there are they times when he gets mugged and the refs swallow the whistle.

Plus he tends to experience double and triple teams fairly often.

He's probably a better pure shooter than ray allen, imo.

DenDen
06-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Kobe is Mcnasty

crc21209
06-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Quite possibly the dumbest post you have aver made... and that takes some doing. Kobe has the best fundamentals and footwork of any player today and quite possibly ALL TIME.

Just a retarded comment.... by you yet again.

Like another Laker fan around here said, you wouldnt call him a "fundamental" player. He does things that ALOT of people/players can not do.

Nahtanoj
06-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Like another Laker fan around here said, you wouldnt call him a "fundamental" player. He does things that ALOT of people/players can not do.

Huh? He is the most fundamental player today, bar none.