PDA

View Full Version : Rockets 2nd best team in NBA this year - champs next

DaDakota
06-14-2009, 11:19 PM
The Rockets were the only team to challenge LA, and with either Tmac coming back or them trading his contract for new players, and the Lakers struggling to keep their team together......

I think next year.....it is ON like Donkey Kong.

Rockets 2010 NBA champs...book it.

:lobt2:

DD

Ghazi
06-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Actually, they didn't challenge LA. Denver and Orlando gave LA more of a challenge than Houston.

Rogue
06-14-2009, 11:27 PM
The Cavsuns will be champions next season anyways, though the Mavs will also make a shot at it after we get some fresh infusion in this offseason. Rockets are absolutely off our consideration about championships.

Amaso
06-14-2009, 11:29 PM
As a Rocket and Laker fan (I live in Houston), lets be realistic. The Lakers were not interested in that series at all and after they went to Houston with the series split they won game 3 easily (with Yao playing) and recaptured control of the series. Lakers went on cruise control and the Rockets played with fire and all the Rockets were hitting 3s forcing 7 games. Things were dicey in that Denver series until game 5.

sook
06-14-2009, 11:34 PM
The Rockets were the only team to challenge LA, and with either Tmac coming back or them trading his contract for new players, and the Lakers struggling to keep their team together......

I think next year.....it is ON like Donkey Kong.

Rockets 2010 NBA champs...book it.

:lobt2:

DD
DD, you must not understand the role of matchups in a series too well.

Ironically, the only reason it went to 7 games was b.c Yao went down. Check their record with him and without him vs the lakers.

Their entire style of play changed, when they played well they blew them out, but when they played bad, they got manhandled.

I think you are generalizing this wayyyyy too much. Don't be so quick to give us that much credit.

sook
06-14-2009, 11:35 PM
The only way the rockets will win the Championship is if they get a SG that move WITH OUT THE BALL and can shoot the ball at a high % off of screen and rolls like

Rip
Kevin Martin
Ray Allen

That is the only thing they are missing.

Indazone
06-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Trust in Morey. He'll make us elite this offseason.

sook
06-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh and a backup C

VERY small tweaks is all, which is why I am optimistic.

Lets just hope that cheap bastard Les will allow morey to make the right moves.

Ghazi
06-14-2009, 11:38 PM
It's hard to consider a series competitive considering the Rockets lost game 5 by 40 and Game 7 by 20.

It reminds me of that Hawks/Celtics series where while it went to 7 games, it wasn't really that close, since the Celtics won all 4 of their games by double digits and there was never really any doubt.

sook
06-14-2009, 11:41 PM
It's hard to consider a series competitive considering the Rockets lost game 5 by 40 and Game 7 by 20.

It reminds me of that Hawks/Celtics series where while it went to 7 games, it wasn't really that close, since the Celtics won all 4 of their games by double digits and there was never really any doubt.

Thats because they had a such huge margin on level of play they sustained. Their entire offensive was scatter, run, and rain jumpers all day long, much like ex-phoenix.

When that didn't work...you get an orlando magic not making 3s kind of scenario except that we had a 6'6" C

DaDakota
06-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Phil Jackson just said that the Rocket's series made the Lakers the champs....

Next year...it is Houston's year baby !!

DD

DMX7
06-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Phil Jackson just said that the Rocket's series made the Lakers the champs....

Next year...it is Houston's year baby !!

DD

that's not really how it works, lol.

Pandaemonaeon
06-15-2009, 12:24 AM

Games 4 and 6, anyone? Hell, the Rockets walked right into the Lakers home turf and took game 1 by a comfortable margin.

If there was any boredom to be had, it was with the overrated Nuggets and Magic. Face it, the Rockets actually made the Lakers CARE about their series. I'll never forget the 72 hours before game 7, where it seems like every Laker bandwagoner was standing at the edge of their seats with a noose around their necks.

Indazone
06-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Hell of a time to start this thread.

ulosturedge
06-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Does Houston have any players that have ever been to the finals? And I dunno your coach is kind of suspect. Going away from Landry when he had the hot hand was definitely a mistake imo. Don't remember which game that was but Yao and Scola were like terrible that game. Just like SVG starting Nelson in the finals when he hadn't played a game since the allstar break. That was really fucking smart...

mytespurs
06-15-2009, 01:21 AM
I believe Adelman won a championship; I cannot remember the team...was it Portland?

duncan228
06-15-2009, 01:26 AM
I believe Adelman won a championship; I cannot remember the team...was it Portland?

Adelman's never won one. He got to the Finals twice with Portland, but lost both times.

mytespurs
06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Adelman's never won one. He got to the Finals twice with Portland, but lost both times.

Thanks for the info. I'm confusing him with someone else because I could've sworn he won a ring as a coach.

Do you know who that coach was who won? I think it was in the 80's or 90before Houston's 3 peat.

GuerillaBlack
06-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Games 4 and 6, anyone? Hell, the Rockets walked right into the Lakers home turf and took game 1 by a comfortable margin.

If there was any boredom to be had, it was with the overrated Nuggets and Magic. Face it, the Rockets actually made the Lakers CARE about their series. I'll never forget the 72 hours before game 7, where it seems like every Laker bandwagoner was standing at the edge of their seats with a noose around their necks.

Correct.

The series between the Rockets-Lakers this year was nothing like the Hawks-Celtics last year. Completely different. The Rockets were a depleted team and still took it to seven. It was a great series.

blink
06-15-2009, 01:33 AM
dont mind dadakota... he was being ridiculed over on clutchfans... guess he wanted to come over here and get blasted by everyone else.

it's all about matchups... and to say we'll win next year is stupid without knowing who is seeded where.

NBAfan83
06-15-2009, 01:43 AM
TBH, if orlando, had half the hustle, heart and scrappiness of Houston, they would have won more games against LA or even taken the series.

But alas, this years magic gave us a glimpse of what would have happen if the suns ever made the finals.

mytespurs
06-15-2009, 01:46 AM
TBH, if orlando, had half the hustle, heart and scrappiness of Houston, they would have won more games against LA or even taken the series.

But alas, this years magic gave us a glimpse of what would have happen if the suns ever made the finals.

This series would've been exciting if the Magic made the plays they were supposed to but they didn't...the better team executed and won. :king

DenDen
06-15-2009, 01:48 AM
As a Rocket and Laker fan (I live in Houston), lets be realistic. The Lakers were not interested in that series at all and after they went to Houston with the series split they won game 3 easily (with Yao playing) and recaptured control of the series. Lakers went on cruise control and the Rockets played with fire and all the Rockets were hitting 3s forcing 7 games. Things were dicey in that Denver series until game 5.
Naw you're just a laker fan.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 01:48 AM
rockets need to tradt t-quit in order to be takin seriously

DenDen
06-15-2009, 01:54 AM
rockets need to tradt t-quit in order to be takin seriously
takin seriously? honestly, as a laker fan do you not want to take the rockets seriously?

Indazone
06-15-2009, 02:03 AM
I do not want the Lakers taking the Rockets seriously.

Seriously c'mon

DenDen
06-15-2009, 02:08 AM

Seriously c'mon
What I meant to say is laker should never underrate the rocket

Rogue
06-15-2009, 02:09 AM

Seriously c'mon
Seriously, you are an idiot.

Indazone
06-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Seriously Rogue, take your own advice from your sig. :lol

Indazone
06-15-2009, 02:20 AM
By the way, does anyone else think this is a really stupid time to be bringing this up? Lakers just won the championship and now the Rockets are the best team in the league?:rolleyes

Rogue
06-15-2009, 02:34 AM
By the way, does anyone else think this is a really stupid time to be bringing this up? Lakers just won the championship and now the Rockets are the best team in the league?:rolleyes
The Lakers forged an unbeatable squad by robbing grizzlies, while the Rockets failed even though they also did a similar robbery last summer on Kings, from which they got Ron Artest. Rockets could have been the second best in this league, but the 23m wasted on T-Mac has almost destroyed this dream of rocket fans.

sabar
06-15-2009, 02:41 AM
The only way the rockets will win the Championship is if they get a SG that move WITH OUT THE BALL and can shoot the ball at a high % off of screen and rolls like

Rip
Kevin Martin
Ray Allen

That is the only thing they are missing.

Well old brent barry can do half of that.

DenDen
06-15-2009, 02:54 AM
The Lakers forged an unbeatable squad by robbing grizzlies, while the Rockets failed even though they also did a similar robbery last summer on Kings, from which they got Ron Artest. Rockets could have been the second best in this league, but the 23m wasted on T-Mac has almost destroyed this dream of rocket fans.
The thing with tmac is, if he come back with a vengeance that be great, if not his expiring contract looks good to other franchise, and if that's not the case his contract end 2010. Ball at the mall.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 02:56 AM
not convinced T-Quit and Artest can play together. Two black holes united and that means less time for Battier.

Artest93
06-15-2009, 07:01 AM
It's a tough situation, b/c you wanna root for t-mac to come back strong, but at the same time you feel like he's holdin the team hostage...Anyway, I feel that he will be gone this offseason, for Vince Carter. They should go after James Harden or DeMar Derozan in the draft, sign a backup C, trade tmac, and resign Artest...

Mavs fans - Where dumbasses happen

DaDakota
06-15-2009, 09:48 AM
dont mind dadakota... he was being ridiculed over on clutchfans... guess he wanted to come over here and get blasted by everyone else.

it's all about matchups... and to say we'll win next year is stupid without knowing who is seeded where.

Brilliance is rarely appreciated until it is truly recognized....

;)

We will win it next year.......for sure....LOL.

DD