PDA

View Full Version : Ariza

TheMACHINE
06-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Wow...this guy is gonna get a huge contract.

Do you guys remember the Lakers-Spurs game where Mason his the game winner and Kobe passed it to Ariza but Ariza got called for traveling? Well...Spurs fans and Lakers fans ripped Kobe for passing it to him (including me). Who knew that Ariza would turn out to be one of the clutch 3 point shooters for the Lakers down the stretch.

Props to Ariza! and gratz to the Lakers and fans!

sook
06-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Didn't i make a thread talking about how much more important this guy was than the Messiah...Bynum?

Ariza was key

baseline bum
06-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Always happy to see a Bruin succeed. Now only if Minnesota can win the title next year.

tlongII
06-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Ariza ain't nothin but a cheap shot artist punk ass bitch.

KSeal
06-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Ariza is awesome, I can't imagine the Lakers letting him walk even if they have to pay out the ass.

ducks
06-14-2009, 11:39 PM
I think odom is now gone
lakers will not keep both
and ariza is not going be as good next year
teams will be ready for him

Ghazi
06-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Didn't i make a thread talking about how much more important this guy was than the Messiah...Bynum?

Ariza was key

Bynum is much better when he's on his game.

Cry Havoc
06-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Ariza is worth $9 mil a season at this point.

daslicer
06-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Ariza prooved that greed is huge motivator for success. He played out of his ass for that money he is what I call a contract bitch.

KSeal
06-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Ariza prooved that greed is huge motivator for success. He played out of his ass for that money he is what I call a contract bitch.

:lol Athleticism and defense don't go away. His outside shot could shit out a little but he still brings a lot to a team even without his now quite potent three point shooting.

daslicer
06-15-2009, 12:01 AM
:lol Athleticism and defense don't go away. His outside shot could shit out a little but he still brings a lot to a team even without his now quite potent three point shooting.

Your right about the athleticism but the 3 point shot it seemed to me he really was playing for the money. That guy couldn't hit jackshit in the past and he started nailing them this year. The part about him being a great defensive stopper it remains to be seen if he's committed to playing hard all the time once he gets his money or will he just be satisfied and start slacking.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 12:03 AM

How does it feel tlongII? Watching the team you hate the most win yet another title while your pathetic TrailBlazers wallow in post season failure?

tlongII
06-15-2009, 12:04 AM
How does it feel tlongII? Watching the team you hate the most win yet another title while your pathetic TrailBlazers wallow in post season failure?

It's going to feel great when we stomp that Laker ass next season!

sedale threatt
06-15-2009, 12:15 AM
didn't van gundy want ariza out of orlando last year? why isn't that a bigger story?

mytespurs
06-15-2009, 12:27 AM
didn't van gundy want ariza out of orlando last year? why isn't that a bigger story?
'
I don't know the story but I wonder if the magic didn't have enough patience...also he was inconsistent and injury prone right? He played w/the Knicks before he was w/the magic.

Well, in any case, he's getting the last laugh now....and he will get paid!!! Things are looking up for him.

NBAfan83
06-15-2009, 01:56 AM
I agree about his offense going down, as more teams will give him more respect, specially at the 3pt line.

But as he gets more attention, do you think the refs will start calling his countless missed reach in fouls? just a curiosity.

crc21209
06-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Ariza and Odom are gonna get crazy offers from other teams. One of them will be gone for sure, and you never know...maybe even both.

Ice009
06-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Wow...this guy is gonna get a huge contract.

Do you guys remember the Lakers-Spurs game where Mason his the game winner and Kobe passed it to Ariza but Ariza got called for traveling? Well...Spurs fans and Lakers fans ripped Kobe for passing it to him (including me). Who knew that Ariza would turn out to be one of the clutch 3 point shooters for the Lakers down the stretch.

Props to Ariza! and gratz to the Lakers and fans!

Well I thought Ariza was a player that could be a Bruce Bowen like player for the Lakers last season, but he got injured. This season he was hitting clutch threes and playing good defense so I'd say he was. He even turned out better than I thought he would offensively.

mojorizen7
06-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Ariza>Odum
LakeShow will let Odum walk....resign Ariza.
If they have a clue.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Well I thought Ariza was a player that could be a Bruce Bowen like player for the Lakers last season, but he got injured. This season he was hitting clutch threes and playing good defense so I'd say he was. He even turned out better than I thought he would offensively.

yah when Ariza was injured, the local sports talk shows here in LA kept saying that they were watching ariza bury 3's while in practice. Since his foot was broken...all he did was set jump shots. I guess thats two blessings in disguise due to injuries. One is Ariza and the other is Gasol.

tomtom
06-15-2009, 12:26 PM
It'll be interesting if this is legit or if this was a one season fluke like Vujabitches crazy 3 point % last year

xtremesteven33
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Lakers would be dumb to chose Ariza over Odom. Odom is a gamechanger, his very presence in a game makes you gameplan against him. Hes is nearly a impossible matchup who is a one of a kind player in the NBA.

Ariza is a great role player who over achieved in this years playoffs. It would be smart for LA to let Ariza walk and keep Odom.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Lakers would be dumb to chose Ariza over Odom. Odom is a gamechanger, his very presence in a game makes you gameplan against him. Hes is nearly a impossible matchup who is a one of a kind player in the NBA.

Ariza is a great role player who over achieved in this years playoffs. It would be smart for LA to let Ariza walk and keep Odom.

Let Ariza walk to the spurs?

Kriz-Maxima
06-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Ariza is about to get overpaid.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-15-2009, 01:52 PM
:rollin It still hurts! I don't care if we can't win at the Rose Garden as long as we bring the :lobt2:Thats all that matters:toast

pauls931
06-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Have to be careful that he isn't a product of the system if someone tries to lure him away. Jordan and Pippen made a lot of guys look good who bolted and ended up being crap.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2009, 02:03 PM
definately part of the system. Just like Marion in the Suns...go somewhere else, and he is crap.

Ariza took advantage of the Triangle...slash and hit jumpers.

j-money24
06-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Ariza is about to get overpaid.

That's whats the gonna happen.

sedale threatt
06-16-2009, 06:52 PM
great article on why ariza and the lakers succeeded this year: trust and work

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-41-94/Lessons-from-the-Title--Trust-and-Work.html