PDA

View Full Version : Odom is Gone.

DMX7
06-14-2009, 11:43 PM
No way the Lakers let Ariza walk. They always pick the younger more athletic player. I think Odom can be replaced though so it's not that big of a deal.

It will be interesting to see if someone goes crazy though and offers Ariza even more than the 7-8mill he'll probably be fetching now.

DMX7
06-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Odom said he would be back tonight,
WE GOT PLANS SON!

:rollin

Yeah, he'll be back as soon as he forgets he likes money.

:lmao

ducks
06-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Odom said he would be back tonight,
WE GOT PLANS SON!

sj said he could only play for pop after they won it all
then he went to the hawks

daslicer
06-14-2009, 11:46 PM
:lol Yeah that Odom comment reminds me a lot like what Jax said back in '03. If some team throws him a shit load of cash he's gone.

IronMexican
06-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Except Sjax was a thug, so he took the money.

JamStone
06-14-2009, 11:50 PM
I think Lamar is more valuable but the Lakers probably will make Ariza the priority. I don't think Odom is replaceable at all, especially not for a guy they can get for the MLE or less.

daslicer
06-14-2009, 11:54 PM

I agree that Sjax is a thug but the reality is most people are greedy its human nature. Hell even David Robinson was not willing to take a bigtime paycut his last two years like some people believed he would. He demanded 2 years 20 mil. I don't buy that shit Odom is going to be this generous noble soul and accept getting underpaid. He's going to demand atleast 10-12 mil a year.

DMX7
06-14-2009, 11:54 PM

If by "took the money" you mean he walked away from a 3-year offer and signed a 1-year minimum contract with the Hawks... then yes, he "took the money". :lol

IronMexican
06-14-2009, 11:59 PM
I was joking, guys. I just wanted to call him a thug. The fucking thug.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Both will be back. And Odom can be easily replaced using the MLE if need be.

mytespurs
06-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Phil Jackson said a couple of days ago that they can keep both so.....if I were lamar, I wouldn't go anywhere else but we'll see........

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2009, 12:03 AM
maybe the lakers should get rid of bynum + vujabitch and downsize to scrubs...

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Odom has played in LA 95% of his career. Don't see any team massively overpayinghim so he's be a fool to bolt from a potential dynasty for an extra million or two.

DMX7
06-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Odom has played in LA 95% of his career. Don't see any team massively overpayinghim so he's be a fool to bolt from a potential dynasty for an extra million or two.

It'll be more than an extra million or two. Ariza is going to get P-A-I-D, PAID!

RsxPiimp
ariza is gone. he'll command a 7-8 mil per annum at which point buss is not going to bite because with luxury tax, he'll essentially pay ariza 16 mil fora year or two until vujacic,morrison and fisher expires.

odom is much more valuable. he rebounds like a hawk and is very good insurance for the often injured andre bynum.

odom is also the most likeable personality in the locker room (according to the lakers player) he's value is way more than just stats.

loveforthegame
The Lakers will keep both Ariza and Odom. They just won the championship and will pay key members to do so again next year.

DMX7
06-15-2009, 12:08 AM
The Lakers will keep both Ariza and Odom. They just won the championship and will pay key members to do so again next year.

lol, where have you been? They don't have the cap space and they've said they aren't going over.

ducks
06-15-2009, 12:08 AM
who can replace odom for the mle?

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 12:10 AM
lol, where have you been? They don't have the cap space and they've said they aren't going over.

they're already over and buss has said many times he'll continue to pay the luxury tax for the right players

RsxPiimp
06-15-2009, 12:11 AM
who can replace odom for the mle?

no one. but i do think la can find a similar talent like ariza.

odom's skillset is much harder to find (6'10 point forward with great rebounding skills)

sedale threatt
06-15-2009, 12:13 AM
they'll both be back. three-peat. tough few years for the haters.

Indazone
06-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Odom is gone. He got his championship. Might as well go for the cash now.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Odom is gone. He got his championship. Might as well go for the cash now.

Odom already got his cash.

Tell me which team is going to give Odom 10+ million long term and blow their capspace before 2010 for a notoriously inconsistent 30 year old?

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 12:20 AM
no one. but i do think la can find a similar talent like ariza.

odom's skillset is much harder to find (6'10 point forward with great rebounding skills)

the Lakers don't really value Lamar's point forward ability that much. they would trade it for a money mid range jumper any day. What Odom really brings is his rebounding.

Lakers could sign Dyss with some of the MLE but get back a better reounber with a better mid range jumper at the loss of some versatility. Which won't be that big of a deal if Bynum doesn't get hurt due to a fluke injury.

baseline bum
06-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Detroit will probably throw some decent money Odom's way. LA's gotta find a way to get someone to take Vujacic's or Walton's contract off their hands, as there's no way I can see Buss going into Cuban territory and paying ~$90 million in salary next season.

The_Game
06-15-2009, 12:26 AM

you are a freaking moron

buss has already stated he will pay if they won it all which they did...they are keeping both.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 12:27 AM
I can see Detroit throwing monies at Boozer or Bosh/Wade next season. But Odom? They would be fucking themselves long term.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Will they make Ariza as valuable as they made Vujabitch last year? Did Vulvabitch play at all? Oh.. sorry.. touche

bostonguy
06-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Lakers won the championship and both these guys were key factors in this run. Buss will pay to keep them both in Los Angeles. He will take the lux tax. The Lakers organization make so much fucking money that it more than makes up for the lux tax. They need them both and Buss knows it. Buss is one owner who will pay up.

Ditty
06-15-2009, 01:09 AM
i dont know if yall think this is baseball or something but there is no way they can bring both of them back idiots at best they can offer a not so great contract to whoever signs

sucks for LA

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 01:10 AM
i dont know if yall think this is baseball or something but there is no way they can bring both of them back idiots at best they can offer a not so great contract to whoever signs

sucks for LA

bird rights

Ditty
06-15-2009, 01:26 AM
bird rights

:lol

and you don't think any other team has money in the league you think that ariza is going to play for 2 millions a year hes going to want to command 7 to 8 million if he takes less he must really love the lakers but im pretty sure unless la brain washes him he will take that money

there going to lose odom or ariza theres no chance LA will have both of them

IronMexican
06-15-2009, 01:28 AM
I will worry about this after Wednesday. For now, I'll just be happy with what the Lakers accomplished.

mytespurs
06-15-2009, 01:29 AM

and you don't think any other team has money in the league you think that ariza is going to play for 2 millions a year hes going to want to command 7 to 8 million if he takes less he must really love the lakers but im pretty sure unless la brain washes him he will take that money

I think Ariza will get a raise & he may willing to take a little less to play with thsi team. I know money and lots of it can talk but Trevor has strong ties to LA and very good reasons, other than winning multiple championships, to stay in LA.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Ariza will be paid. This is his first chance at a big contract.

Odom got a 77 million contract based on his potential and he never truly lived up to it. Lotta cheese right there. If anyone is taking a paycut it's probably going to Lamar Odom.

DMX7
06-15-2009, 02:17 AM
you are a freaking moron

buss has already stated he will pay if they won it all which they did...they are keeping both.

You're a freaking moron. Why the hell do you think the media keeps asking which player they will choose to keep? Wake up.

sabar
06-15-2009, 02:32 AM
They will both get paid because they both have rare skill sets every team needs. You just can't get that from free agency 99% of the time. Ask the Spurs FO.

DenDen
06-15-2009, 03:05 AM
If I was laker FO I'll make bynum feel stupid for believing his own hype, and give a large portion of his contract to Lo and ariza. Cause of their contribution, is the reason why he has that undeserve ring..

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 03:12 AM
you're a fucking idiot Den Den. The guy was injured by Kobe flying into his knee. Not his fault.

DenDen
06-15-2009, 03:20 AM
you're a fucking idiot Den Den. The guy was injured by Kobe flying into his knee. Not his fault.
Those are my opinion I think he's overrated, over hype, simply just trash.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Those are my opinion I think he's overrated, over hype, simply just trash.

All your posts are trashing Bynum. It's hilarious how obsessed you are with him. Going to be funny when he comes back healthy next year playing at the level he was at before he was injured.

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-15-2009, 03:34 AM
If Lamar goes, we will be losing a lot of flexibility. I know there might be options like Boozer out there, but I sure love Lamar when he is right.

I'm glad Trevor is an LA guy.. and there's no doubt that both Lamar and Trevor would like to stay right where they are.

Mitch and the FO have a lot of work to do in just a few weeks.

DenDen
06-15-2009, 03:36 AM
All your posts are trashing Bynum. It's hilarious how obsessed you are with him. Going to be funny when he comes back healthy next year playing at the level he was at before he was injured.
what level? you mean like a double double here and there just like Al Jefferson or Andrew Bogut maybe. Or the level of play, where he get all his stats from just being on the lakers, cause opposing team d are more focus on kobe and pau.

BeeGee
06-15-2009, 04:30 AM
In Kup(chak) we trust. Odom and Ariza are goin' NOWHERE.

Muser
06-15-2009, 04:36 AM
Didn't L.A trade away Mihm so they would have enough for both?

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2009, 07:02 AM

Where have YOU been? Dr. Buss likes to spend $$ when it's convenient to him. He'll mortgage everthing to win now and by the looks of it, his "win now" window is rather large. Get a clue son.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Didn't L.A trade away Mihm so they would have enough for both?

There is nothing stopping Buss from paying Lamar and Ariza. It's just an issue of how much luxury tax he wants to pay in order to keep a championship level team intact. Seems like a no brainer really unless Lamar demands crazy money (which he won't, the economy won't let him). It's not like he's Cuban and paying all this money for an underachieving team every season.

The_Game
06-15-2009, 07:53 AM
You're a freaking moron. Why the hell do you think the media keeps asking which player they will choose to keep? Wake up.

god you are fucking stupid

who cares what the media thinK? it is is dr buss who is willing to pay to keep them both..HE HAS ALREADY STATED THIS

WAKE UP KID

lefty
06-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Ariza is definitely a keeper and the starter, but if Odom goes, Lakers are fucked.

Odom IS the Laker bench; usch a versatile player and matchup problem

Capt Bringdown
06-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Odom and Ariza will be a big part of the Lakers future for many years to come.

Banzai
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
:rollin

Yeah, he'll be back as soon as he forgets he likes money.

:lmao

More money= more candy.

DrHouse
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I would hope the Lakers learn from the Celtics and spend the money to bring back all key role players. Although I would not consider Lamar a role player, he's definitely one of the major pieces on the Lakers.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-15-2009, 01:45 PM
The Lakers FO better keep both if they want to repeat. I wish somehow we get rid of vijabitch and farmar. Work on Shannon brown and get another guy that could come in for Kobe and score.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-15-2009, 01:48 PM

He's from LA so he'll be stupid if he leaves to play for the Cavs or Spurs.

Spurtacus
06-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I have the feeling the Lakers will be able to keep Ariza and Odom. Perhaps restructure Bynum's overpaid contract?

hhml
06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Buss has said that he'll pay to keep this team together if they win the championship. He's always been about winning. Here's an owner who cares about winning just as much as making money, if not more. He'll sell his house, wife, daughter, and more just to keep winning. Ariza will probably make 6-7 mil while Buss pays Odom with candy and everyone's happy.

KSeal
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
I have the feeling the Lakers will be able to keep Ariza and Odom. Perhaps restructure Bynum's overpaid contract?

I wish, what a horrible contract Bynum has. Starting at 12 million, are you kidding. He has a ton of potential and if he can stay healthy I think he can contribute quite a bit but he's played like 20 good games in the NBA and the rest have been extremely ordinary or he's been hurt. He should be making like 7 million next year, not 12.

Banzai
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
I wish, what a horrible contract Bynum has. Starting at 12 million, are you kidding. He has a ton of potential and if he can stay healthy I think he can contribute quite a bit but he's played like 20 good games in the NBA and the rest have been extremely ordinary or he's been hurt. He should be making like 7 million next year, not 12.

Sasha has a ridiculous contract as well.

sonic21
06-15-2009, 04:32 PM
There definetly is a chance they can keep both. that being Odom for 8 mill/yr and Ariza at full MLE. It all depends if someone wants to overpay either guy and they decide to leave.

I think there's a better chance someone will overpay Ariza because he's younger

sonic21
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
it doesn't really matter though, lakers will be MUCH stronger next year when Bynum starts playing like kareem.

poop
06-15-2009, 04:56 PM
if they Lakers want to keep them both, they will.

first, most situations that would apply to all other teams dont apply to the lakers, any rules/regulations/finances hindering a favorable situation can be bent for them, second, everyone WANTS to be laker so the appeal of goingto any other team would automatically be less.

the ONLY WAY the lakers lose either of them would be due to sheer greed on the part of one of them; for example one of them chooses to sign with another team because they are offering a gigantic contract. the Lakers will certainly be ABLE to retain both, and most likely both want to stay there.

KSeal
06-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Sasha has a ridiculous contract as well.

Add Luke Walton and Adam Morrison to that list. The thought of losing such a key guy like Ariza cause the completely useless Vujacic and Morrison are making 10 million next year just sucks.

ducks
06-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Buss has said that he'll pay to keep this team together if they win the championship. He's always been about winning. Here's an owner who cares about winning just as much as making money, if not more. He'll sell his house, wife, daughter, and more just to keep winning. Ariza will probably make 6-7 mil while Buss pays Odom with candy and everyone's happy.

ariza is getting 10

ducks
06-15-2009, 05:09 PM
it doesn't really matter though, lakers will be MUCH stronger next year when Bynum starts playing like kareem.

if if if if

Ghazi
06-15-2009, 05:10 PM
No way Ariza gets 10 million.

Bynum's contract is not "that" bad if he stays healthy and produces 14/10 or so.

hhml
06-15-2009, 05:10 PM
ariza is getting 10

No way is he getting 10.

KSeal
06-15-2009, 05:12 PM
ariza is getting 10

You say he's getting 10 cause you want him to get 10 so he won't say in LA. No way in hell he gets that much this year and in this economy. If he does get that more power to him cause he just robbed a team, but I just don't see it.

ffadicted
06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
No way is he getting 10.

I wouldn't put it past some retarded GMs out there

poop
06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
thats hilarious how the lakers are paying Morrison millions to sit on the bench and watch lakers games. LMAO at his uninterested face yesterday whilst decked out in championship shirts, hat, and champagne

hhml
06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't put it past some retarded GMs out there

It's possible but I just don't see any team paying that much for him in this economy and with 2010 coming up.

poop
06-15-2009, 05:16 PM
You say he's getting 10 cause you want him to get 10 so he won't say in LA. No way in hell he gets that much this year and in this economy. If he does get that more power to him cause he just robbed a team, but I just don't see it.

quit talking about 'the economy' :rolleyes

i want you to tell me how exactly 'this economy' is going to affect players' salaries. im sick of eharing about 'this economy' its all a fucking abstract idea more than it is a tangible thing, 75% of it is in people's minds.

KSeal
06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
quit talking about 'the economy' :rolleyes

i want you to tell me how exactly 'this economy' is going to affect players' salaries. im sick of eharing about 'this economy' its all a fucking abstract idea more than it is a tangible thing, 75% of it is in people's minds.

Ok, you're right, there is no problem with the economy and owners aren't losing money. Even if that's true those teams aren't going to go out of their way to give a role player like Ariza 10 million if their team won't even make the playoffs or compete for a ring. They're all waiting for things to get better and for the best free agency class ever next year. Not blowing it all on a role player that hit a few wide open threes in the finals.

sonic21
06-15-2009, 05:36 PM
if if if if

sarcasm

DrHouse
06-15-2009, 05:49 PM
All I gotta say is thank god for this economy and the 2010 offseason.

Nobody in this league is going to overpay for Ariza or Odom when you look at the FA's that will be available next season.

Allanon
06-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Lamar Odom said "Less is still alot".

He's coming off a 6 year, $64 million contract so he's already rich and loves the California lifestyle and chilin' in the sand.

Lamar's made plenty of money in his career, and has been through ALOT of losing on the Clippers and Heat. A couple Million less to stay on a winning team in LA or a couple million more to lose in Minnesota?

If the Lakers give him a no-trade clause, 5 year deal and $7-8 million, and a lifetime supply of candy, he'll get out his pen.

KSeal
06-15-2009, 06:21 PM
All I gotta say is thank god for this economy and the 2010 offseason.

Nobody in this league is going to overpay for Ariza or Odom when you look at the FA's that will be available next season.

Well according to poop there is nothing wrong with the economy and it's all in our heads.

DPG21920
06-15-2009, 09:04 PM
It would be very bad news for LA to lose Odom. Very bad. He is the biggest mismatch in the NBA when playing well.

It will be something to keep an eye on and I would assume the Lakers are going to have to pay at least 6M for Ariza and 10M for Odom. Anything less would be a great job by the LA FO.

So, Ariza and Odom would essentially cost 32M with luxury tax next year.

KSeal
06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
It would be very bad news for LA to lose Odom. Very bad. He is the biggest mismatch in the NBA when playing well.

It will be something to keep an eye on and I would assume the Lakers are going to have to pay at least 6M for Ariza and 10M for Odom. Anything less would be a great job by the LA FO.

So, Ariza and Odom would essentially cost 32M with luxury tax next year.

That's crazy, so you're basically paying 20 million for a sixth man and 12 million for a nice role player. They need to find a way to rid Morrison, that'd save them 10 million in tax. We'll see, I think they'll just resign Ariza and a vet at the 4 and put it in the hands of Bynum (scary), to make up for Odom's loss, which he may be capable of if his knees don't fall apart again.

DPG21920
06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
That's crazy, so you're basically paying 20 million for a sixth man and 12 million for a nice role player. They need to find a way to rid Morrison, that'd save them 10 million in tax. We'll see, I think they'll just resign Ariza and a vet at the 4 and put it in the hands of Bynum (scary), to make up for Odom's loss, which he may be capable of if his knees don't fall apart again.

Well that very well could happen, but if Odom and Ariza are going to take the pay cuts that people are saying they will, then all is well in LA.

I am just saying that 10M and 6M for Odom and Ariza seems reasonable. It is not their fault the Lakers are over the LT and they do not get the extra money.

KSeal
06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Well that very well could happen, but if Odom and Ariza are going to take the pay cuts that people are saying they will, then all is well in LA.

I am just saying that 10M and 6M for Odom and Ariza seems reasonable. It is not their fault the Lakers are over the LT and they do not get the extra money.

Yeah, I agree 10 and 6 seems about right. Anyone who thinks they'll take pay cuts to stay is crazy imo, I don't see that happening. Maybe Kobe signing a one year deal for less money to keep them cause he cares so much about winning and whatnot but to ask a 23 year old and a guy on his last contract to take less money or expect them too is just not going to happen. I'm just expecting Odom to be gone and looking forward to seeing a healthy Bynum for a whole season to see what he can do.

DPG21920
06-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Bynum healthy is a beast. At least he was before he went down both seasons. But losing Odom would be devastating. Not to the point where LA would be knocked out of contention, but it would shatter the flood gates for teams that were on the cusp.

It would make for an unbelievable year if Odom is out of LA. There would be no way to say with any kind of certainty who would be a favorite if that happened.

Thing is, 10M is a pay cut for LO. Ariza is looking for his first big payday and he has earned it. I think full MLE or slightly above is a no-brainer.