PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Else Relate To This Song?

CubanSucks
06-15-2009, 01:15 AM
z67FsTNpexg

This song hits home for me like no other song. I've always kind of realized how time seems to get faster and faster but now at 20 yrs old the weight of that reality has eventually become like a ton of bricks. This song represents me more than a marilyn manson song could represent a gothic kid. My favorite lines are from 3:07-3:24.

...not to mention the guitar solo gives me chills (please. this is not a "post my fav song thread". i was just wondering who else has gone through this realization)

jaffies
06-15-2009, 01:46 AM
I've always kind of realized how time seems to get faster and faster but now at 20 yrs old the weight of that reality has eventually become like a ton of bricks.

:lol

This song represents me more than a marilyn manson song could represent a gothic kid. My favorite lines are from 3:07-3:24.

SnakeBoy
06-15-2009, 01:57 AM
I've always kind of realized how time seems to get faster and faster but now at 20 yrs old the weight of that reality has eventually become like a ton of bricks.

You should start saving $ now for the shrink you're going to need when you hit your 40's.

xtremesteven33
06-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Pink Floyds best song IMO

Wild Cobra
06-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Time starts to go rather fast. I remember when I was your age thinking how old I would be in the year 2000, and that time was suddenly here.

Music from the 60's and 70's is the best. That sounded real good in my friends basement on vinyl on his Optonica quartz base turntable. I had a nice $145 elliptical Audio Technica cartridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_cartridge) on my nice Pioneer Turntable, but his Optonica was awesome! I also had one of the first V-FET Amplifiers made, but Mike had a really cool Tube amp!

Dex
06-15-2009, 10:42 AM
And then one day you find, Ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run. You missed the starting gun.

IMO, one of the greatest lines in lyrical history.

I think Time is one of those songs that can strike a chord with anybody who is willing to sit and listen.

SpursStalker
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
now at 20 yrs old the weight of that reality has eventually become like a ton of bricks.

A ton of bricks at 20?!?!

You're in for a world of hurt then ...

z0sa
06-15-2009, 01:26 PM
pink floyd is the best band all of time, but that's another discussion.

This is a great, great song. The main section to rock's greatest album. My favorite song off said album.

At a 'meager' 20 years old myself, I feel your pain Cuban. Not that my life is being wasted or anything, that I'm not getting any younger. Those days I can't remember from 17, 18, and 19 years old aren't coming back.

CubanSucks
06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
A ton of bricks at 20?!?!

You're in for a world of hurt then ...

I'm not saying it hurts. In fact its kind of a beautiful thing having all the memories. I was just posting on how I can REALLY grasp the reality now. (its amazing the threads you can start when your high. glad i did though)

mavs>spurs2
06-15-2009, 01:58 PM
I know exactly how you feel, I'm also 20 and it feels like I should still be waking up every morning to get ready to go to high school. Graduation seems like a dream I had last night, but here I am halfway to a bachelors degree. Kind of strange when you think about all the people and things that have slipped away in time and been long forgotten.

leemajors
06-15-2009, 02:47 PM
should have been about this song:
zd1Zu8-mSp8

mookie2001
06-15-2009, 06:58 PM
this is another thread but pink floyd is probably the most overrated band of all time, they were the stone temple pilots of their day. good yes, but anyone should be able to assemble an entire master catalog A+ collection criterion whatever of classic rock without a single pink floyd track

if it werent for the wizard of oz and their t-shirt poster coaster keychain products they wouldnt even be relevent

of course ive said it before everyone can jam to a 12 minute extended mix of mother do you think theyll try and break my balls- but theyre still mediocre

mookie2001
06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
20 dam?
when beavis and butthead came on you were a fetus

Kind of strange when you think about all the people and things that have slipped away in time and been long forgotten
yeah like back in the day when the mavs lost to the warriors in the first round, eminems daughter haley REALLY WAS a baby, OLD SKOOL shit

CubanSucks
06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
20 dam?
when beavis and butthead came on you were a fetus

Nope but The Simpsons did first arrive. I'm pretty sure it first aired a few months before I was born.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2009, 07:05 AM
LOL @ Jaffies

LnGrrrR
06-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Trust me, you guys are still walking. So am I really.. I'm only 27. But I can still remember 20 like it was nearly yesterday.

Time crawls for a child, walks for a teenager and runs for an adult.

E20
06-16-2009, 03:35 PM
should have been about this song:
zd1Zu8-mSp8

Awesome movie. If I ever drive a truck I will install a workout cable.

to21
06-16-2009, 03:57 PM
:lol Stone Temple Pilots

to21
06-16-2009, 04:02 PM
xb-Nacm-pKc

CubanSucks
06-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Time crawls for a child, walks for a teenager and runs for an adult.

Wooooooooooooooowwww. If I read this while high I think my head would explode. :smokin Are you sure you're not bakin a little bit right now cause that seems like a pot smoking statement

CubanSucks
06-16-2009, 04:52 PM
xb-Nacm-pKc

This song SUCKS. WAY too 80s sounding for my taste. Pink Floyd ended for me after The Wall. Animals is alright I guess

to21
06-17-2009, 07:35 AM
This song SUCKS. WAY too 80s sounding for my taste. Pink Floyd ended for me after The Wall. Animals is alright I guessUhhhhh yeah that's about when it came out.

SpursStalker
06-17-2009, 07:46 AM
This song SUCKS. WAY too 80s sounding for my taste. Pink Floyd ended for me after The Wall. Animals is alright I guess

:wow

Pink Floyd should never suck!!!

Some of their best stuff came after the wall ...

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Delicate Sound of Thunder

The Division Bell *even tho Roger Waters was not on this one*

leemajors
06-17-2009, 08:06 AM
:wow

Pink Floyd should never suck!!!

Some of their best stuff came after the wall ...

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Delicate Sound of Thunder

The Division Bell *even tho Roger Waters was not on this one*

he wasn't on any of those, and it's quite evident.

SpursStalker
06-17-2009, 08:09 AM
he wasn't on any of those, and it's quite evident.

I hate to burst your bubble but Roger Waters did not make Pink Floyd ...

to21
06-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Learning to Fly came out about twenty years ago, I was about 15 or so. It had a big effect on my life and I relate to it more than any other Pink Floyd song (why I put it up here). To some it was a song about Heroin, to others it was about facing fears (me) or whatever else you took out of it.

BTW, leemajors is right....they tailed off when Roger Waters left (I wouldn't say sucked).

SpursStalker
06-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Learning to Fly came out about twenty years ago, I was about 15 or so. It had a big effect on my life and I relate to it more than any other Pink Floyd song (why I put it up here). To some it was a song about Heroin, to others it was about facing fears (me) or whatever else you took out of it.

BTW, leemajors is right....they tailed off when Roger Waters left (I wouldn't say sucked).

I would say they tailed off a bit too but in no way do they suck just because Roger Waters threw a temper tamtrum and left.

Division Bell is a solid album ... the concert was off the charts as far as a Pink Floyd concert goes.

to21
06-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I would say they tailed off a bit too but in no way do they suck just because Roger Waters threw a temper tamtrum and left.

Division Bell is a solid album ... the concert was off the charts as far as a Pink Floyd concert goes.Yeah it was.

I went to one concert and a whole bunch of light shows at Sunken Gardens.

SpursStalker
06-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Yeah it was.

I went to one concert and a whole bunch of light shows at Sunken Gardens.

Back in the day, I saw a laser light show sponsored by KZEP at the Majestic and it was awesome!!

I would really love to have seen them back in the old school days.

But thankful, I got to see them anyway.

leemajors
06-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I hate to burst your bubble but Roger Waters did not make Pink Floyd ...

i thought they were fairly vapid lyrically after he left. his voice was reedy and screechy, but it worked within the band and they never sounded as good after. IMO, the In the Flesh tour/shows were way better than that bloated Pulse thingy. Then again i kinda find Gilmour's voice fairly annoying, especially when he is singing Waters' lines. Regardless, they all sounded better together than when they split.

SpursStalker
06-17-2009, 08:55 AM
i thought they were fairly vapid lyrically after he left. his voice was reedy and screechy, but it worked within the band and they never sounded as good after. IMO, the In the Flesh tour/shows were way better than that bloated Pulse thingy. Then again i kinda find Gilmour's voice fairly annoying, especially when he is singing Waters' lines. Regardless, they all sounded better together than when they split.

Oh without a doubt ... there are some really old songs, that you would never know it was Roger singing. He did give a certain pazazz so to speak to the band.

I however, love David's voice. To me it gives it that sultry, creepy kind of thing to the songs.