PDA

View Full Version : What's next for the NBA?

Jacob1983
06-15-2009, 01:55 AM
With the Lakers winning the title this year, the two teams(Celtics and Lakers) with more than half of the championships won in NBA history have won championships in the last 2 years. What will be the NBA and Stern's plan next season? Will he continue his current plan of trying to push for the Lakers and/or Celtics to get back to the Finals or he will try to get some other teams in the Finals? Is it possible that Stern could try to push for the Knicks or Bulls to make the Finals next season? Does Stern enjoy his orgasm of having Kobe and the Lakers winning this year and take a year off and let the Spurs win another title next year? And what will the NBA do about Kobe now? He has a ring without Shaq now so I think it kind of hurts the NBA in a way because he's no longer searching for a ring by himself. I also think that Kobe winning this 4th title will decrease the love for him.

timvp
06-15-2009, 02:00 AM
The NBA isn't rigged.

IronMexican
06-15-2009, 02:03 AM
Do you wonder why you're 25 and haven't got laid? I may have the answer.

NBAfan83
06-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Somewhere down the line he's going to LET Lebron win a title.

TimDuncan>Kobe
06-15-2009, 02:13 AM
The NBA isn't rigged.

Sure is incompetently officiated though. I also have doubts about there only being one "rogue" ref, but the actions of individuals are not the actions of the NBA.

Rogue
06-15-2009, 02:14 AM
The NBA isn't rigged.
sure you should defend it even though you're even more aware than us of how much the league has been rigged, you live on this industry and it's reasonable for everyone living on this industry to work their guts off defending the purity of it. I would also admit against my own mind that the league was clean if Stern confessed the crime of cheat he committed along with the Miami Cheat.

La Liga Sucks.

Jacob1983
06-15-2009, 02:18 AM
I never said anything about the NBA rigged. I simply asked what's next for the NBA. I'm curious to see what direction Stern wants the NBA to take next season. And for the record, I'm 26.

TimDuncan>Kobe
06-15-2009, 02:20 AM
I never said anything about the NBA rigged. I simply asked what's next for the NBA. I'm curious to see what direction Stern wants the NBA to take next season. And for the record, I'm 26.

Math is hard for Californians. See their economy for example number one.

dav4463
06-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Stern will change the NBA in sort of an English Premier League style league.

The PREMIER LEAGUE will consist of LA LAKERS, PHOENIX, CLEVELAND, and BOSTON. These teams will be on National TV every week. The other teams will compete for the right to challenge the BIG FOUR in the playoffs next season. The BIG FOUR are guaranteed home court advantage in the playoffs due to a tougher schedule (since they will play each other over and over on National TV). Stern will give the people what they want.

All other teams will be relegated into a sort of "minor league" with the four best being given a slight chance to move into the BIG FOUR next season, but one of them will have to win the championship without home court advantage to replace any of the BIG FOUR.

Also, the only team that can be replaced will be either the Suns or Cavs. Lakers and Celtics have a lifetime position as two of the BIG FOUR. The way to keep them on top will be ...if they become non-competitive...then they are allowed to make questionable trades to keep them on top forever.

crc21209
06-15-2009, 04:50 AM
LeBron is next. Bank on it.

21_Blessings
06-15-2009, 04:57 AM
not next season, bank on it.

crc21209
06-15-2009, 04:58 AM
not next season, bank on it.

:sleep