PDA

View Full Version : Changing baseball.........

rr2418
03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
What would you like to see changed in the game? What rules would you liked changed? What could make the game more exciting?

gophergeorge
04-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Don't change anything... except:

You have about five seconds between pitches. If the batter is late, STRIKE. If it is the pitcher, BALL.

* Enough of this stepping out of the box, re-doing your gloves, etc, etc. Get up there and get to WORK!

Fan Interference - Ban them for the season!

Pitching Changes - Limit them to three pitchers a game.

* Enough of this one hitter, new pitcher crap. They can either bring it, or they can't.

Use the DH in the National League.

* With the exception of VERY FEW pitchers... these guys couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

I've plenty more....

rr2418
04-04-2005, 04:32 PM

You have about five seconds between pitches. If the batter is late, STRIKE. If it is the pitcher, BALL.

* Enough of this stepping out of the box, re-doing your gloves, etc, etc. Get up there and get to WORK!

* Enough of this one hitter, new pitcher crap. They can either bring it, or they can't.

* With the exception of VERY FEW pitchers... these guys couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

I've plenty more....

pretty good ideas!!

Brodels
04-05-2005, 01:32 PM

I've plenty more....

If you want to speed up games, get rid of the DH in the AL. For heavens sakes, don't bring it to the national league.

I agree with the rest except for the three pitches rule. It could be dangerous to mandate that teams can only use three pitchers. What if a pitcher gets hurt? What if a pitcher gets shelled and throws sixty pitches in two innings? You could have some pitchers throwing way too many pitches. You would also have poor pitchers staying in the game longer and taking their licks. That would slow everything down. I just don't see how that rule would make a lot of sense.

samikeyp
04-05-2005, 01:38 PM
I like your thoughts Gopher but the only thing I would do different is the DH. Get rid of it entirely. Its just as bad as the "one batter-new pitcher" thing you mentioned.

Duff McCartney
04-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Make a real MVP...not an MVP for two different leagues...that shit is ridiculous.

MLB MVP is the only title that there should be...not NL MVP and AL MVP.

That's like having an AFC MVP and NFC MVP, or an Eastern Conference MVP and Western Conference MVP.

Ridiculous.

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 10:30 PM

Those two ideas suck.

T Park
04-07-2005, 01:38 AM
When a pitcher makes a wild pitch, give him an error, cause thats what it is for gods sake, an ERROR!!!

baseline bum
04-07-2005, 02:52 AM
1) You're out if you step out of the batter's box
2) Send the DH to hell

Baseball is such an amazing sport, but it's dying in the eyes of Americans because the games take too freaking long. I just can't get through a full game on TV if it's not the playoffs.

Other than that, baseball's great. I don't want to see any crap like instant replay or any cameras watching the pitcher to make sure he isn't cheating or whatever. I guess I don't like the idea of the body armor either though. If you crowd the plate, expect to be in some pain.

Das Texan
04-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Let the DH burn in hell.

Expand rosters by 1 or 2.

Have coaches grow balls and learn to re-teach pitchers that 120 pitches per start is not impossible.

Eliminate the armor that players can wear to the plate.

Raise the pitcher's mound to pre 1967 levels.

Managers need to goto the Billy Martin and Earl Weaver, etc school of arguement. That livens up the game and gets fans excited.

Just a few

3rdCoast
04-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Duff, you must have an AL and NL MVP because they are 2 different leagues. They do not play eachother except for a few weeks during interleague play. So you must have 2 MVP awards.

Mugshot
04-09-2005, 04:57 PM
2) Send the DH to hell

:elephant