PDA

View Full Version : Is it really a surprise?

MiamiHeat
06-15-2009, 05:56 AM
I mean, who didn't expect the Lakers to win after the Gasol collusion and the Fisher fiasco?

Everyone knew they were the league's most stacked team. Weren't they the favorites as they steamrolled to the 2008 Finals before they got roflstomped by the Celtics?

We all knew it was coming. Kobe has his ring thanks to a stacked team.

I didn't see anything special out of him. In fact, he shot 43% FG%, jacked up tons of shots, got blocked by Hedo on a game winning attempt, got stripped by Pietrus in another, got saved by Derek Fisher, etc.

I wasn't surprised at all. The Lakers are stacked.

This was gonna happen. I knew it back in 2008 after the trades.

Did you?

M5E62w-j-_g

blink
06-15-2009, 06:01 AM
the magic are stacked. hedo, nelson, shard, and d12. at the beginning of the year, both celtics and lakers were favorites and vegas gave them the best odds, so what's your point? trying to diss the lakers again? stop whining and hope that KG is back next year and the celtics curb stomp the lakers again.

Muser
Shut up with all the Collusion stuff. It's getting fucking old.

Rogue
I mean, who didn't expect the Lakers to win after the Gasol collusion and the Fisher fiasco?

Everyone knew they were the league's most stacked team. Weren't they the favorites as they steamrolled to the 2008 Finals before they got roflstomped by the Celtics?

We all knew it was coming. Kobe has his ring thanks to a stacked team.

I didn't see anything special out of him. In fact, he shot 43% FG%, jacked up tons of shots, got blocked by Hedo on a game winning attempt, got stripped by Pietrus in another, got saved by Derek Fisher, etc.

I wasn't surprised at all. The Lakers are stacked.

This was gonna happen. I knew it back in 2008 after the trades.

Did you?
That's all right, the Lakers just won a championship they were supposed to win. The only sadness is Kobe has won a championship without Shaq while Shaq hasn't.

ginobili's bald spot
06-15-2009, 06:05 AM
We know you have a small penis. Get over it already.

Ghazi
06-15-2009, 07:03 AM
To reiterate, Lakers are not that stacked, especially with the way Bynum played in the playoffs. They were definitely beatable. I'm not surprised they won a title, but it wasn't a foregone conclusion in the preseason. There are maybe 3 other perimeter players or so that you could swap w/ Kobe and they could still win a title, not 10+ like some idiots have insinuated (Gino).
When people say dumb shit like the Lakers are "stacked" or would make the playoffs without Kobe, they're underrating the fact that Kobe is the straw that stirs the mutha fuckin drink. Like SD says, a lot of guys on the Lakers get open shots off the attention Kobe's offensive arsenal draws :smokin

Maybe when bynum plays like the 15/10 center he's capable of you can call them stacked, but Kobe was a big part of their postseason success. BIG!

btw, Kobe 4 rings

D-Whistle 0 rings

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2009, 09:15 AM
By virtue of Bynum not playing to what he's capable of doing makes this feat even more incredible. Lets not blind ourselves and forget what kind of numbers Bynum was putting up before his injury. The boy was easily top 3-4 big man in the league. He morphed into a mental midget and really didn't produce like he could have aside from bringing down some key boards during this series. That's the point. Imagine, just imagine if Bynum wouldn't have been injured. He'll have the entire summer and training camp to bring his game back up to par which I know he will. The Lakers team next season is going to be very tough to beat, all BS aside. Really, they are.

JamStone
06-15-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't understand your inconsistency.

You say that you knew the Lakers were going to win it all when they traded for Pau Gasol because their team is stacked.

Yet you've made multiple posts about how if KG wasn't injured Boston would have beaten them again and if the Spurs were healthy, they would have beaten the Lakers as well.

You've tried to diminish the Lakers' title by saying you knew it was going to happen after they got Gasol, yet you've said multiple times that they wouldn't have beaten Boston or San Antonio if they were healthy teams. Which one is it?

IronMexican
06-15-2009, 04:38 PM
The Lakers were done, according to you. Now it was no surprise?

ginobili's bald spot
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't understand your inconsistency.

You say that you knew the Lakers were going to win it all when they traded for Pau Gasol because their team is stacked.

Yet you've made multiple posts about how if KG wasn't injured Boston would have beaten them again and if the Spurs were healthy, they would have beaten the Lakers as well.

You've tried to diminish the Lakers' title by saying you knew it was going to happen after they got Gasol, yet you've said multiple times that they wouldn't have beaten Boston or San Antonio if they were healthy teams. Which one is it?

Not to mention the fact that he predicted the Lakers were gonna lose. :lol

ginobili's bald spot
06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Apparently it was a surprise to you. You fucking moron.

On the Denver series.

Lakers r done

Another one of your dumbass locked threads.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3422037#post3422037

More Denver series predictions.

then the Lakers are going fishing.

Book it. LA cannot survive a barrage of 3pointers from Jr Smith and Billups + a Melo/Birdman/Martin frontcourt.

We all know how deadly JR Smith can be.

Lakers should be very very worried. The only two games the Lakers won was TWO inbound disasters. The Nuggets GAVE the Lakers the wins, the Lakers didn't take them.

Denver is gonna win this, imo.

LakerHater
06-15-2009, 05:18 PM
That's all right, the Lakers just won a championship they were supposed to win.

Thats right, it was already planned out by David Stern in the beginning of the season!

.... So no, no suprise!