Bruno
06-15-2009, 12:31 PM
http://mbc.mk.ua/files/u1/gladyr2_po-g3.jpg

Height: 6-5
Weight: 190 lbs
Birthday: 10/17/1989
Current team: MBC Mykolaiv (Ukraine)
Nationality: Ukrainian

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Sergey-Gladyr-5702/links/)

Bruno
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.niknews.mk.ua/2009/06/15/igrok-mbk-nikolaev-gladyr-treniruetsja-v-ssha-v-lagere-molodyx-basketbolistov-pod-prismotrom-menedzherov-nba/

Gladyr worked out for Pistons and Spurs after a good Eurocamp.
His agent is Bouna N'Diaye. :stirpot:

Libri
06-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Bouna N'Diaye is Mahinmi's agent.

ffadicted
06-15-2009, 04:16 PM

:hungry:

Bruno
06-15-2009, 09:00 PM

He is also Batum's agent.

I just look at the situation:
- N'Diaye has said to DX that Gladyr will stay in the draft if he gets a promise in the second round.
- Gladyr surprisly stay in the draft.
- Gladyr worked out for two NBA teams, Spurs and Pistons.
- Spurs have a close relationship with N'Diaye.
- Spurs are an internationally oriented team.
- Spurs have an history to draft the unknown guy (Mahinmi, Hill...).
- Spurs have 3 second round picks including 2 late ones.

Connect the dots, Spurs having promised Gladyr to draft him with #51 or #53 seems to be a quite likely scenario.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow, that all does make a lot of sense.

timvp
06-15-2009, 09:14 PM

- N'Diaye has said to DX that Gladyr will stay in the draft if he gets a promise in the second round.

Connect the dots, Spurs having promised Gladyr to draft him with #51 or #53 seems to be a quite likely scenario.

I think you nailed it. The Spurs have a VERY close relationship with Bouna N'Diaye. With Mahinmi, N'Diaye basically had Mahinmi hide in France so no other team could get a look at him. With Batum, N'Diaye and Pop came up with the plan to fake the failed physical and all the fallout to try to get Batum to slip to the Spurs. Those are tricks agents and teams almost never try to do in today's NBA.

Hopefully this is kept on the down low so a team doesn't come in and draft Gladry just because they sniffed out the Spurs want him (same with Batum and Krstic) but I'd say there's a good 50% chance he ends up with the Spurs given all the facts. The question is whether it'll be with their first pick in the second round or one of their final two picks. Honestly, I don't really care because any second round pick is unlikely to amount to anything.

I don't love his size (6-foot-5) but the rest of his game sounds intriguing. Gambling with unknowns in the second round is usually the way to strike gold.

tav1
06-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Of course the Pistons select 35, 39, and 44.

Blackjack
06-16-2009, 01:27 AM

Great work, Bruno.:toast

This would definitely be the classic Spurs pick, only thanks to your work, it won't be quite the surprise.

I'm not sure of this guy's measurements (other than the 6' 5" listed) or talent, but this would definitely be a pick with keeping the pipeline stocked in mind.(Which, when you consider the success-rate of a late second-rounder, taking a flier/gamble isn't all that bad of an idea)

Mr. Body
06-16-2009, 01:33 AM
I'll bank on him with one of the late picks.

Bruno
06-16-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure of this guy's measurements (other than the 6' 5" listed)

He has been measured at this year Eurocamp:
http://www.nbadraft.net/node/6824
Weight: 190
Height barefoot: 6'4.5"
Height with shoes: 6'5.5"
Standing reach:8'5"
Wingspan: 6'7"
No step vert: 31'
Max vert: 32'
3/4 court sprint: 3.3

Blackjack
06-16-2009, 02:37 AM
He has been measured at this year Eurocamp:
http://www.nbadraft.net/node/6824
Weight: 190
Height barefoot: 6'4.5"
Height with shoes: 6'5.5"
Standing reach:8'5"
Wingspan: 6'7"
No step vert: 31'
Max vert: 32'
3/4 court sprint: 3.3

Thanks.:toast (I guess I shouldn't completely abandon nbadraft.net.:lol)

Decent height for a 2-guard but that wingspan and reach isn't very impressive at all. (Avg. 6' 4.5" players wingspan and reach are 6' 9.8" 8' 6.5" respectively)

So, he's not long, but it at least he doesn't look to be too explosive of an athlete, either.:hat

EricB
06-16-2009, 02:52 AM
Intriguing prospect, and one that wouldn't shock me to be made.

Bruno, if you can see this, would he be a draft and stash style player?

Bruno
06-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Bruno, if you can see this, would he be a draft and stash style player?

Obviously, yes.
He is very young and hasn't played at a high level in Europe.

mountainballer
06-22-2009, 08:37 AM
wow, DX suddenly has Gadyr picked at #32.
(nbadraft has him at #48)

timvp
06-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Gladyr has been moving up the mock drafts. He went from undrafted to near the beginning of the second round. Is he worth the gamble at 37?

I think it'd be a decent enough pick. It wouldn't help now but chances are no second round pick will help now. Might as well take a shot on someone who could grow into a quality player.

DPG21920
06-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Gladyr has been moving up the mock drafts. He went from undrafted to near the beginning of the second round. Is he worth the gamble at 37?

I think it'd be a decent enough pick. It wouldn't help now but chances are no second round pick will help now. Might as well take a shot on someone who could grow into a quality player.

So you have given up on the Spurs getting a rotation player out of this years draft totally? Or just as things stand today with the current picks possessed by the Spurs.

timvp
06-22-2009, 05:24 PM
So you have giving up on the Spurs getting a rotation player out of this years draft totally? Or just as things stand today with the current picks possessed by the Spurs.

Yeah, I don't think this draft is going to result in a rotation player for the Spurs. Pop has never traded up and at 37, it'd be foolish to think you can draft someone and expect him to make an impact.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Dumars is said to be narrowing down his second round options (picks#35,#39,#44) based on their willingness to play overseas for a year or 2. Gladyr obviously fits that mold and is one of the guys I'm expecting him to go after. But I don't think anyone expected him to cost such a high 2nd rounder. I have to believe DX is off on this sudden rise of his stock.

timvp
06-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Dumars is said to be narrowing down his second round options (picks#35,#39,#44) based on their willingness to play overseas for a year or 2. Gladyr obviously fits that mold and is one of the guys I'm expecting him to go after. But I don't think anyone expected him to cost such a high 2nd rounder. I have to believe DX is off on this sudden rise of his stock.

Yeah, if the Spurs don't pick Gladyr, I think the Pistons take him with 39 or 44. Supposedly, the two teams most linked to him are the Spurs and the Pistons.

DPG21920
06-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I don't think this draft is going to result in a rotation player for the Spurs. Pop has never traded up and at 37, it'd be foolish to think you can draft someone and expect him to make an impact.

Have the Spurs with some of their expiring/partially guaranteed contracts and the market ever shaped up like this before?

You do not think that the Spurs will move Oberto or teams would take him in order to do a draft day deal?

Russ
06-22-2009, 06:51 PM
With Mahinmi, N'Diaye basically had Mahinmi hide in France so no other team could get a look at him.

Unfortunately, the plan has been embraced far past the draft. :depressed