PDA

View Full Version : Shaq

41times
06-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Cleveland is offering Ben Wallace and a spare for Shaq. Anybody could beat that deal.

If Cleveland does get Shaq that would shore up their middle. But everybody else should be going after Shaq for a year or 2.

Mel_13
06-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Cleveland is offering Ben Wallace and a spare for Shaq. Anybody could beat that deal.

If Cleveland does get Shaq that would shore up their middle. But everybody else should be going after Shaq for a year or 2.

Phoenix is obviously looking to shed salary. Very few teams can beat Cleveland's supposed offer in terms of meeting the Phoenix objective.

ffadicted
06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Shaq hasn't been worth 20 mil for a long time

G-Nob
06-15-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought Big ben just signed that big deal with Chi before he was sipped to Cle? If thats the case, what is Phx gonna do with big ben? Not that they're serious about playing defense or anything...

coyotes_geek
06-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Shaq hasn't been worth 20 mil for a long time

True, but then Ben Wallace wasn't ever been worth $14 mil. If I'm going to have to choose between the two I'd rather pay Shaq $20 mil than $14 for Ben Wallace.

ducks
06-15-2009, 03:41 PM
ben wallace is going to retire
basically shaq for nothing but saving $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

coyotes_geek
06-15-2009, 03:42 PM
I thought Big ben just signed that big deal with Chi before he was sipped to Cle? If thats the case, what is Phx gonna do with big ben? Not that they're serious about playing defense or anything...

It would be a cash dump for Phoenix. Nothing more. But, Phoenix has shown that they're not opposed to making cash dumps.

Kindergarten Cop
06-15-2009, 03:57 PM

There is speculation that Phoenix can save even more if the trade goes through, because Wallace would likely accept a buyout at a reduced amount if he truly intends on retiring.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Shaq said he knows he's staying in Phoenix. I think at this point Sarver wants to do this trade but knows it'll only promote his image as cheap.

Knoxxx
06-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I could tolerate having Shaq's fat bloated body around, as long as we didn't have to take on his fat bloated contract! It's about time for the veteran's minimum for Shaqass.

ducks
06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I could tolerate having Shaq's fat bloated body around, as long as we didn't have to take on his fat bloated contract! It's about time for the veteran's minimum for Shaqass.

you would not pay one penny of it

41times
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
you would not pay one penny of it

How much of somebody elses money would you pay to win 1 more championship next year?

I know there are no gaurantees but I can gaurantee you that the Spurs and Mavs and Rockets and Jazz are NOT going to win a title next year they way they are presently constructed. Not gonna happen.

So if you can get a force in the middle and give yourself a chance to beat the Lakers and or Nuggets and all it cost you is expiring contracts and some spares........who gives a crap how much of the owners money you spend!

Its about winning Titles not finishing 2nd or 3rd.

And as far as "Shaqass" is concerned.....Sometimes you gotta dance with the Devil to get closer to the Band.

lefty
06-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Hell no; exactly what we DON't need:

- he's a fatass
- he's too old
- he'll eat up our smallish salary cap

samikeyp
06-16-2009, 01:23 PM
It would be a cash dump for Phoenix. Nothing more. But, Phoenix has shown that they're not opposed to making cash dumps.

That's only fair, they have been taking dumps on the court for years. :)

rayray2k8
06-16-2009, 01:25 PM
And we care because???