PDA

View Full Version : Health wise... Ginobili=T-Mac

DMX7
06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
When it comes to health, I think many Spurs fans are trying to make this argument and I think it's a legit one.

At this point in his career, Ginobili is not going to make it full seasons and he is about a 50/50 coin toss to be ready come playoff time. I think a guy like that who is making $11 million dollars is too much of a gamble to keep. The Spurs are very much about loyalty and when they ended contract extention talks with Ginobili I think even he knew that his career was in trouble (and that was before the injury that eventually ended his season).

If he gets injured again (which I suspect he will) then another season will be wasted and his trade value will be nothing. Then, the Spurs will not have even made progress towards a youth movement and where will they go from there?

TMTTRIO
06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
And maybe we should just make one huge get rid of or trade Manu threads so everyone can post. Even if Manu's done he's probably played more basketball than McGrady.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2009, 09:42 PM
There are at least 10 threads about this same topic. Please post in one of them and come up with a reasonable trade proposal that both teams would consider and works in terms of the salary cap.

With all the trade Manu posts, I haven't seen one yet.