Looks like this will be the next fight: November 14

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/6/15/909716/cotto-pacquiao-for-november

Discuss!

IronMexican
06-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Pacquiao will smash him.

mexicanjunior
06-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Cotto's defensive has gotten worse since the beating he took at the hands of Margerito. I think Pacman would use his speed to pot shot him until he broke. Cotto does not have the best chin either...

Yogurt210
06-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Like I said earlier, styles makes fights.
Cotto's style is too much for Pac-man, he's too strong and big.
People who play offensively, play into cotto's hands.

Given Clottley was more a brick wall moving foward with his guard always up, gave cotto a hard time. but he still managed to knock clottey down and win.

Margaritohas a hell of a chin,but is well controversed, and it really cant be backed up too much. since of the glove thing.

Cotto dominates offensive type boxers who dont guard all the time.

Cant wait for this one, its going to be good.

But I favor Cotto HUGELY, and he is def. going to win.

TheMACHINE
06-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Styles makes fights, i agree...Cotto wont be able to find Pacman.

Cotto is gonna get destroyed.

BacktoBasics
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Pac is way too fast for Cotto. I'm not saying that Cotto couldn't or wouldn't win but Pac's speed will play a huge role in this.

Personally I think he should wait and see what happens with the Mayweather fight unless they're absolutely certain that Floyd would duck Manny.

Yogurt210
06-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Styles makes fights, i agree...Cotto wont be able to find Pacman.

Cotto is gonna get destroyed.

no freaking way he will get destroyed.
I love both fighters, but Cotto will def. win

Mosley is a more technical boxer as manny and just as fast.
Cotto pulled a decision on him.

Cotto will punish Pac-man to the body then hit upstairs.

end of story.

BacktoBasics
06-16-2009, 05:23 PM
no freaking way he will get destroyed.
I love both fighters, but Cotto will def. win

Mosley is a more technical boxer as manny and just as fast.
Cotto pulled a decision on him.

Cotto will punish Pac-man to the body then hit upstairs.

end of story.I thought Hatton would do this and Hatton has more speed that Cotto.

Yogurt210
06-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I thought Hatton would do this and Hatton has more speed that Cotto.

there is no way you are comparing Hatton to Cotto, lol.
thats like saying Pac-man is fast like Paulie Malinaggi, so Cotto Beat Paulie and will beat him

Hatton does not have the speed like Cotto....

Kobulingam
06-16-2009, 07:34 PM
thats like saying Pac-man is fast like Paulie Malinaggi, so Cotto Beat Paulie and will beat him

Hatton does not have the speed like Cotto....

wtf?

Cotto is slow. wtf u talkinga bout

BacktoBasics
06-17-2009, 08:43 AM

Hatton does not have the speed like Cotto....Only comparing their speed not the entire fighter. The only way to handle Pac is to fight inside. Cotto is slower than Hatton who's a pretty decent inside fighter....maybe not as good as Cotto but Cotto's lack of speed is going to hurt him.

Yogurt210
06-17-2009, 02:44 PM
yall are acting like Cotto is some slow ass tank haha.
Watch Cotto's old fights..you will see speed.
But nowadays it doesnt show much, becuz he defends more.
Unlike Pac-man who doesnt really defend.

Hatton is complete garbage. do not compare Cotto and Hatton.
Hatton is a "C+ fighter

BacktoBasics
06-18-2009, 08:51 AM

Hatton is a "C+ fighterRegardless it would be wise for Pac to wait out the Mayweather fight.

That is unless Mayweathers camp has made it perfectly clear that Floyd will duck Pac or demand way too much money.

Yogurt210
06-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Mayweather -pac prob wont happen til next year.
this is what is most likely gunna happen in the division.

mayweather - Marquez
Clottey- Berto
Cotto - Pacman

next year will be..
Money - pacman, since its the most fight in demand, regardless if they both lose lol.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Hatton is a "C+ fighter

When was the last fight that someone actually hit Pacman? Marquez maybe?

Seems like people forget how fast and strong pacman is.

Yogurt210
06-19-2009, 07:49 AM
When was the last fight that someone actually hit Pacman? Marquez maybe?

Seems like people forget how fast and strong pacman is.

marquez, morales, barrea all hit him.
Pac-man loves to exchange, hes no walking wall.
Cotto is a bigger and better than all those three.

if he decides to exchange with Cotto, its lights out.
Pac-man will have to change gis style completly for Cotto if he decides to win.

If not, pac-man will get rocked.

plain and simple.

mexicanjunior
06-19-2009, 12:14 PM

Barrera didn't do much hitting at all on Pacman...both of those fights were white washes for Manny.

TheMACHINE
06-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Pac-man loves to exchange, hes no walking wall.
Cotto is a bigger and better than all those three.

if he decides to exchange with Cotto, its lights out.
Pac-man will have to change gis style completly for Cotto if he decides to win.

If not, pac-man will get rocked.

plain and simple.

How many time have those guys knocked him down?

Plain and simple? LOL

Cotto is gonna get DESTROYED

Also, why the hell would he "exchange" punches with Cotto?

bdictjames
06-21-2009, 01:21 PM
You all forgot the trainers. Cotto's style will be upset by Freddie Roach and co., and Manny's the type of boxer that listens to what Roach has to say, and goes to the ring and does it.

Yogurt210
06-22-2009, 11:35 AM
How many time have those guys knocked him down?

Plain and simple? LOL

Cotto is gonna get DESTROYED

Also, why the hell would he "exchange" punches with Cotto?

Marquez gave pacman the most trouble, and alot of people had marquez winning BOTH fights.

Cotto compared to marquez is bigger and alot more stronger. Fool hits like a tractor.

Pacman is known for great fights with the three mexicans..all the fights he had with them, he exchanged punches.

dont get too hype of pacmans last win, hatton is garbage.
golden boy is old as shit.

it is about time he fights a legit fighter again, and cotto is way more than legit...

for those predicting a shut-out for pacman, prepare to be disappointed.

TheMACHINE
06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Marquez gave pacman the most trouble, and alot of people had marquez winning BOTH fights.

Cotto compared to marquez is bigger and alot more stronger. Fool hits like a tractor.

Pacman is known for great fights with the three mexicans..all the fights he had with them, he exchanged punches.

dont get too hype of pacmans last win, hatton is garbage.
golden boy is old as shit.

it is about time he fights a legit fighter again, and cotto is way more than legit...

for those predicting a shut-out for pacman, prepare to be disappointed.

He exchanged punches but none knocked him down. He has faced bigger fighters now, and none of them can even hit him. He wont exchange punches with Cotto...he'll pick him off little by little like he did with Diaz. Heck, even if people thought that Marquez won, it was a close fight. 2 close fights that resulted in 4 knockdowns to Marquez vs 0 to Pacman. Plus your going to have to account that Cotto will be probably going down in weight...and we all know how hard Pacman punches.

At the end, we're gonna hear Cotto say "He's too fucking fast". ;)

BacktoBasics
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I also think Manny is stronger now than he was when he fought Marquez.

Yogurt210
06-22-2009, 02:15 PM
He exchanged punches but none knocked him down. He has faced bigger fighters now, and none of them can even hit him. He wont exchange punches with Cotto...he'll pick him off little by little like he did with Diaz. Heck, even if people thought that Marquez won, it was a close fight. 2 close fights that resulted in 4 knockdowns to Marquez vs 0 to Pacman. Plus your going to have to account that Cotto will be probably going down in weight...and we all know how hard Pacman punches.

At the end, we're gonna hear Cotto say "He's too fucking fast". ;)

Yogurt210
06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
manny has not fought anyone legit in the higher weight class, oscar, diaz( a joke), and Hatton (garbage). please dont tell me you conisider them legit. Maybe Hatton, but even with a good trainer he still couldnt listen and execute..

his main wins came from Morales, Barrea, and Marquez, highest caliber opponents.

and guess what, Cotto is better than them all.

Cotto has fought some of the best and some of the most dangerous in the PRIME division.

Manny is a greaatttt fighter. but speed has never been a problem for Cotto, ZAb and MOsley both had speed. and they both lost.

just wait and see....

Whisky Dog
06-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I think Cotto is fast enough to hit Pac and will give him a lot of matchup problems. Pac's biggest assets are Roach and just how far down in weight Cotto has to go. If it's Pac that has to jump up more then he'll be in trouble. Should be a damn good fight

hater
06-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Pacman will eat him alive. not even close. what a waste.

when is Pacman Mayweather gonna happen :rolleyes

Yogurt210
06-22-2009, 04:03 PM
people here are way too funny.
Manny will eat Cotto Alive...hahahaha.

sike!

cant wait for this fight to happen, so yall will see the outcome, and pout like babies.

TheNextGen
06-22-2009, 06:14 PM
My 2 cents.

All i kept hearing was how big DLH is and how Manny is going to lose.

All i kept hearing was how good Hatton was in his weight division and there is no way he will go down without a fight.

Well everyone was wrong....DEAD WRONG. Im not doubting Manny anymore. He'll come out with a game plan and he'll follow it through.

Pacman wins easily.

Yogurt210
06-23-2009, 04:38 PM
My 2 cents.

All i kept hearing was how big DLH is and how Manny is going to lose.

All i kept hearing was how good Hatton was in his weight division and there is no way he will go down without a fight.

Well everyone was wrong....DEAD WRONG. Im not doubting Manny anymore. He'll come out with a game plan and he'll follow it through.

Pacman wins easily.

how many times do I gotta say this to you Manny fans...
you cannot compare DLH and Hatton to Cotto.
DLH is washed up big time and hurt himself badly by dehydrating himself before the fight,hence the IV marks.

Hatton is passed his prime, he was never really that good in the first place.. he was just a B grade fighter at best that got most of his wins in the UK.

Cotto is in his prime...he has fought the best, and his only lost comes from a controversial cheater that had his gloves loaded.

but none the less, everyone here still see's Manny easily beating Cotto.
I would understand if you guys said "manny by a close decision."
But a shut out? ..no fucking way....know your boxing lol.

but hey, this is what makes the fight more intresting and watchable.
all the hype and Pac-man fans and filipinos taking Cotto lightly is a huge mistake, and when they see thier Pride get KTFO, dont say I didn't warn you.

TheMACHINE
06-23-2009, 04:56 PM
how many times do I gotta say this to you Manny fans...
you cannot compare DLH and Hatton to Cotto.
DLH is washed up big time and hurt himself badly by dehydrating himself before the fight,hence the IV marks.

Hatton is passed his prime, he was never really that good in the first place.. he was just a B grade fighter at best that got most of his wins in the UK.
Cotto is in his prime...he has fought the best, and his only lost comes from a controversial cheater that had his gloves loaded.

but none the less, everyone here still see's Manny easily beating Cotto.
I would understand if you guys said "manny by a close decision."
But a shut out? ..no fucking way....know your boxing lol.

but hey, this is what makes the fight more intresting and watchable.
all the hype and Pac-man fans and filipinos taking Cotto lightly is a huge mistake, and when they see thier Pride get KTFO, dont say I didn't warn you.

and just like you are hyping up Cotto, everyone was on De La Hoya's nuts before the pacquiao fight. Its easy to say DLH was washed up and Hatton wasnt good AFTER they lost.

2centsworth
06-23-2009, 09:25 PM
to act so certain about this fight doesn't speak well of your boxing knowledge.

The Pacman who fought Marquez loses to Cotto. This version of Pacman is tough to say.

Cotto Pre-Margarito beats this version of Pacman. This version of Cotto is tough to say.

It's a toss up to slight edge Pacman.

milkyway21
06-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Looks like this will be the next fight: November 14

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/6/15/909716/cotto-pacquiao-for-november

Discuss!

Manny wants it to be in October. He'll be leaving for his training in the U.S. in August. His team is asking for a 70-40 in his favor for this match-up.

this will be his LAST FIGHT, he was saying the other day, so I hope he'll win this one

IronMexican
06-24-2009, 02:03 AM
70-40? You mean 70-30? No way he gets that.

BacktoBasics
06-24-2009, 09:00 AM
60-40 maybe. No doubt Cotto is better than Hatton. Its not even really close but I still think that Cotto although more skilled and slight stronger than Hatton still isn't fast enough to beat Manny.

I always felt the key to fighting Manny was to try and fight him on the inside and negate some of that speed but I'm starting to think that it might be nearly impossible to get inside on him. Say what you want about Hatton but he's a great inside fighter and had the ref let him work a little in the Mayweather fight Hatton might have been able to do a little more. With that said he could get anywhere near the inside on Manny.

nkdlunch
06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
you guys forget Pacman has the best strategist in boxing. Not to mention Cotto obviously did not and will not recover from the Margarito beatdown.

Pacman by early KO

Yogurt210
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
muhahaha....ill keep saying this.
Pac-man fans don't be disappointed.

Yogurt210
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
and just like you are hyping up Cotto, everyone was on De La Hoya's nuts before the pacquiao fight. Its easy to say DLH was washed up and Hatton wasnt good AFTER they lost.

I was even saying that before they lost.

Yogurt210
06-24-2009, 11:34 AM
to act so certain about this fight doesn't speak well of your boxing knowledge.

The Pacman who fought Marquez loses to Cotto. This version of Pacman is tough to say.

Cotto Pre-Margarito beats this version of Pacman. This version of Cotto is tough to say.

It's a toss up to slight edge Pacman.

certain..as in saying that cotto vs manny will be a hell of a fight?

I give both fighters props, but I have Cotto winning.

Im just certain that cotto will not be easy. IF Manny wins. Unlike some people on here.

Yogurt210
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
you guys forget Pacman has the best strategist in boxing. Not to mention Cotto obviously did not and will not recover from the Margarito beatdown.

Pacman by early KO

well after being so dominant so long, its hard to recover ESPECIALLY from a beatdown from somebody with loaded gloves. cheater.

but Cotto has that loss behind him, and he still didnt crush under pressure in the clottey fight. Granted he is still not quite the same BUT He will be back to 100% in no time.

milkyway21
06-24-2009, 11:08 PM
70-40? You mean 70-30? No way he gets that.
yeah, 70-30. Sorry :D

hater
06-25-2009, 01:06 PM
well after being so dominant so long, its hard to recover ESPECIALLY from a beatdown from somebody with loaded gloves. cheater.

but Cotto has that loss behind him, and he still didnt crush under pressure in the clottey fight. Granted he is still not quite the same BUT He will be back to 100% in no time.

he didn't crush under pressure because the fight was giftwrapped to him a gift for Puerto Rican Day. what BS.

Cotto underperformed when he should have killed Clotey to call it a COMEBACK.

Cotto hasn't proven shit on the other hand Pacman has proven over and over that he kills whoever steps in front of him.

Until proven otherwise, I expect Manny to do the same with the puerto rican

Yogurt210
06-25-2009, 02:02 PM
he didn't crush under pressure because the fight was giftwrapped to him a gift for Puerto Rican Day. what BS.

Cotto underperformed when he should have killed Clotey to call it a COMEBACK.

Cotto hasn't proven shit on the other hand Pacman has proven over and over that he kills whoever steps in front of him.

Until proven otherwise, I expect Manny to do the same with the puerto rican

you act like manny is undefeated...
must i bring back his losses including his knockout loss also?

Yogurt210
06-25-2009, 02:05 PM

cotto was winning buddy..even after he got that nasty cut he coukd have elected to quit, and go to the score cards..but he didnt, he toughed it out..and pulled a close decision.

btw no one has dominated clottey..his defensive style makes it hard to. clottey has never dominated anyone either because he defends too much.

TheMACHINE
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
you act like manny is undefeated...
must i bring back his losses including his knockout loss also?

Please bring back the losses...please do.

Yogurt210
06-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Please bring back the losses...please do.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Rustico Torrecampo (1996) 3rd round knockout loss

Manny Pacquiao vs. Medgoen Singsurat (1999) 3rd round knockout loss

Manny Pacquiao vs. Erik Morales (2005) 12 round decision loss

Yogurt210
06-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I suppose, here come the excuses?

TheNextGen
06-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Manny Pacquiao vs. Rustico Torrecampo (1996) 3rd round knockout loss

Manny Pacquiao vs. Medgoen Singsurat (1999) 3rd round knockout loss

Manny Pacquiao vs. Erik Morales (2005) 12 round decision loss

:lol:rollin:blah

oh noes...Cotto is definalety gonna kill Pacman since he lost to Torrecamp in 1996.

:king

Yogurt210
06-25-2009, 03:39 PM
:lol:rollin:blah

oh noes...Cotto is definalety gonna kill Pacman since he lost to Torrecamp in 1996.

:king

told me to post the losses..and I did , lol.

Cotto will make the flip do a flip.