PDA

View Full Version : Why do people say the Lakers are classless?

carrao45
06-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Some Lakers FANS are classless...but so are some people in every fanbase.

Can someone explain to me how this Lakers TEAM was classless this year in any way

DPG21920
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
This should be a fun thread.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Andrew Bynum did almost kill a guy

DPG21920
06-16-2009, 12:41 PM
gifs in 3....2....1...

samikeyp
06-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Because some people are too stupid to figure out that a group of fans is not actually the team. So when fans of a team act like dumbasses, other dumbasses call out the franchise instead of those fans.

IronMexican
06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Some Laker fans are classless :rolleyes

IronMexican
06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Because some people are too stupid to figure out that a group of fans is not actually the team. So when fans of a team act like dumbasses, other dumbasses call out the franchise instead of those fans.

Damn, one minute too late:lol

samikeyp
06-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Some Laker fans are classless :rolleyes

Well played! :toast

Cry Havoc
06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
This thread can't guard me!

z0sa
06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
This thread can't guard me!

just what came to mind, along with a couple knees and elbows to the same player while he was on the ground.

Kobe is just a fake, classless douche. Gasol's constant screaming during games and whining afterward doesn't help any, either. What grown man screams like a girl every time he gets stripped or lightly jostled?

samikeyp
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
What grown man screams like a girl every time he gets stripped or lightly jostled?

Sadly a lot of NBA players, superstars and otherwise.

z0sa
06-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Sadly a lot of NBA players, superstars and otherwise.

I agree it HAPPENS, Gasol just takes it further than anyone. I don't think there's 2 consecutive possessions a womanly cry doesn't emit from his lungs. What doubles it though, is he complains about physical play afterwards. Come the fuck on!!

spursfan09
06-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Laker fans "Oh like Kobe please!!!! Just like Kobe!!!"

ratm1221
06-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Because Kobe is a rapist piece of shit and Gasol is a whinny bitch.

DrHouse
06-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Nobody in the Laker organization is classless.

Classless is Boston. It's KG getting on all 4's screaming like a damn animal at midget PG's. It's Eddie House, Doc Rivers, and Tom T. screaming at players as they take a 3 near their bench. That's classless.

People hate the Lakers because the Lakers are winners. Haters hate success. Therefore haters will always hate the Lakers.

baseline bum
06-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Vuajacic is classless, but the rest of the team is OK.

YellowFever
06-16-2009, 01:38 PM
For the same reason people hate the Yankees.

HarlemHeat37
06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Phil Jackson is classless for obvious reasons..in his book, he implied that Kobe is a rapist..he involves himself in many places where he doesn't belong..he takes shots at other players and teams..

Kobe for obvious reasons..alleged rapist, throws his teammates under the bus, throws management under the bus, snitched on Shaq for no reason, publicly embarrassed Bynum, taunts classy players like Shane Battier, gives up on his team in a game 7..I can go on..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
LMFAO @ the OP's sig.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I should really tone it down on those offensive remarks considering the fact I don't remember saying that but I'm sure I did :lol

DPG21920
06-16-2009, 01:45 PM

Classless is Boston. It's KG getting on all 4's screaming like a damn animal at midget PG's. It's Eddie House, Doc Rivers, and Tom T. screaming at players as they take a 3 near their bench. That's classless.

People hate the Lakers because the Lakers are winners. Haters hate success. Therefore haters will always hate the Lakers.

Let me get this straight: Boston, the most successful franchise in the NBA, the franchise the Lakers are chasing are classless, but the Lakers are not? Lakers are hated because of their success, because haters hate success? Wouldn't that make your Boston hate, the most successful franchise of them all, hypocritical?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Let me get this straight: Boston the most successful franchise in the NBA, the franchise the Lakers are chasing are classless, but the Lakers are not? Lakers are hated because of their success, because haters hate success? Wouldn't that make your Boston hate, the most successful franchise of them all, hypocritical?

owned.

DrHouse
06-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Let me get this straight: Boston, the most successful franchise in the NBA, the franchise the Lakers are chasing are classless, but the Lakers are not? Lakers are hated because of their success, because haters hate success? Wouldn't that make your Boston hate, the most successful franchise of them all, hypocritical?

People would hate Boston regardless of if they were actually classy or not. They clearly are not though.

And neither is your mother, that dirty whore spread her legs for me last night.

Spursfan092120
06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? Kobe's not classless? Cheating on his wife, bashing his opponents. That's just one player....if you say that's not classless, you're a complete and totaly moron. Oh well...you're a moron even if you don't say it.

DPG21920
06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
People would hate Boston regardless of if they were actually classy or not. They clearly are not though.

Some would say the Lakers clearly are not. Does that make them haters? Or in your mind Boston is clearly not, so the hate is justified and you are not hating on winners because they win?

More than the Lakers.

Spursfan092120
06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Typical response from a loser who was just owned.

PBEEZY
06-16-2009, 02:00 PM
:lol:lol:rollin:lmao

manufan10
06-16-2009, 02:00 PM

http://nwitha.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/haha_owned.jpg

sonic21
06-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Some Lakers FANS are classless...but so are some people in every fanbase.

Can someone explain to me how this Lakers TEAM was classless this year in any way

Let's see, Phil Jackson has a serious God complex, Kobe is an adulterer/rapist in addition to being an arrogant jerk, Odom is a goon, Gasol and Vujacic are euro-trash whiners, and then you have a bunch of scrubs

:stirpot:

Jacob1983
06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
The Lakers are winners but they are also losers. They have lost the most NBA Finals in NBA history. They are 15 for 30 when it comes to winning the NBA title. The Celtics have a much better record in the Finals. They have won 17 championships in 20 appearances.

LakeShow
06-16-2009, 02:09 PM

:toast

Just like the people who rioted. They call them lakers fans when in reality they were nothing but thugs taking advantage of a situation. The Staple center is located in downtown LA, and we all know what kind of people live in Downtowns in every state.

JamStone
06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Kobe is classless because he didn't go to class the day they taught not to rape girls.

DPG21920
06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Most teams have players that are classless. Just depends on how you define it. Trash talking is all well and good and up to a certain point there is nothing wrong with it. Some people can go overboard with it, some can play dirty, and some can be poor teammates and lack sportsmanship.

If your team's culture is comprised of mostly classless players, then your team is classless. If you have one or two players, then it is more isolated.

baseline bum
06-16-2009, 03:51 PM

Just like the people who rioted. They call them lakers fans when in reality they were nothing but thugs taking advantage of a situation. The Staple center is located in downtown LA, and we all know what kind of people live in Downtowns in every state.

All those guys in Laker jerseys weren't Laker fans? :lol

TheMACHINE
06-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Winners are hated..when the Spurs win 11 more rings, they will be hated too. Simple as that.

Muser
06-16-2009, 04:21 PM
People hate fans, not teams.

DPG21920
06-16-2009, 04:25 PM
People hate fans, not teams.

That is not always true. I have hated fans and teams.

carrao45
06-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Vuajacic is classless, but the rest of the team is OK.
Fuck Sasha. I hope he snaps his leg and can never play again.
That said, i dont remember him ever being classless

carrao45
06-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I should really tone it down on those offensive remarks considering the fact I don't remember saying that but I'm sure I did :lol
You said it in the thread lebron fan talked about how Orlando is a big market and thus, the NBA cheated Cleveland. Or some bullshit like that

carrao45
06-16-2009, 05:09 PM

Wow, a "Your Mom" joke. You're a dumb bitch House

Spursfan092120
06-16-2009, 05:19 PM

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/lakersfans625june16.jpghttp://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/49/fullj.6020db016ac7b38062f33296da04d0ce/6020db016ac7b38062f33296da04d0ce-getty-bkn-nba-final-lakers-magic.jpghttp://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090615/capt.ea01ef6a30c0462798b69db10113e08e.nba_finals_r eax_basketball_cajh115.jpg

Yeah..no Laker fans in there...

ulosturedge
06-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Seems like Spursfan092120 closed this thread out lololol.

:rollin

wireonfire
06-16-2009, 08:33 PM

Why people adored MJ and the bulls?

NBAfan83
06-16-2009, 09:23 PM
If you disect the team, 80% of the people playing are not bad and generally nice people.

The problem is, the face of the team have done things that can be considered classless, annoying and downright stupid.

Even if you argue that Kobe is the only one doing these things, the fact that he is THE face of the team speaks volumes of how people will perceive the lakers.

I also think LA corrupts in general, people can't avoid being cocky in LA.

Udokafan05
06-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I also remember fisher laying out scola with cheap shot

YellowFever
06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Why people adored MJ and the bulls?

I also think LA corrupts in general, people can't avoid being cocky in LA.

LoL..oh shit, this thread was better left dead.

TimDuncan>Kobe
06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
the lakers are winners but they are also losers. They have lost the most nba finals in nba history. They are 15 for 30 when it comes to winning the nba title. The celtics have a much better record in the finals. They have won 17 championships in 20 appearances.

qft.

cobbler
06-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? Kobe's not classless? Cheating on his wife, bashing his opponents. That's just one player....if you say that's not classless, you're a complete and totaly moron. Oh well...you're a moron even if you don't say it.

Cheating on the wife... well, that makes about 75% of the NBA players classless. Bashing opponents? There goes the other 25%.

There goes the NBA... Classless bunch of jerks! :lmao

cobbler
06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
The Lakers are winners but they are also losers. They have lost the most NBA Finals in NBA history. They are 15 for 30 when it comes to winning the NBA title. The Celtics have a much better record in the Finals. They have won 17 championships in 20 appearances.

Very distorted though in that the Celts won 8 in a row against the Lakers in the 60's. Id rather get to the finals and lose than be first round fodder anyday.

wireonfire
06-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Cheating on the wife... well, that makes about 75% of the NBA players classless. Bashing opponents? There goes the other 25%.

There goes the NBA... Classless bunch of jerks! :lmao

How about snitching on your teammate? And bashing your teammate in public?

Lakers999
06-17-2009, 12:18 AM

how long are you gonna hold those actions and statements over his head... his rape accusation was 6-7 years ago..... his bynum statements was 2 years ago.... kobe fought hard to get where he is today and he is trying to make a valiant effort to be liked.... unfortunately its dumb haters like you who dont give people well deserved second chances

Lakers999
06-17-2009, 12:19 AM
How about snitching on your teammate? And bashing your teammate in public?

yea and shaq showed real class bouncing around in the league asking kobe how is ass tastes:rolleyes

BUMP
06-17-2009, 12:27 AM
how long are you gonna hold those actions and statements over his head... his rape accusation was 6-7 years ago..... his bynum statements was 2 years ago.... kobe fought hard to get where he is today and he is trying to make a valiant effort to be liked.... unfortunately its dumb haters like you who dont give people well deserved second chances

the accusation may have been false, but he still cheated on his wife.

Dr. Cox
06-17-2009, 12:36 AM
I cannot help but notice there is a ve-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-ry stupid "Doctor" in this thread who's name is noooooot synonymous with a certain part of the male figure. You see, I did the little quotation thingy with my fingers because when he used the word "Dr" in his username, I'm pretty absolutely positively certain that he thought it stood for Drug Rehab, which he wouldn't be going to if he would just learn to take down the mirrors in his house and stop looking at himself every five minutes, I mean come on, that kind of mug is just a li-hi-hi-hi-hi-ttle too upsetting for anyone to want to see.

LakeShow
06-17-2009, 12:40 AM
All those guys in Laker jerseys weren't Laker fans? :lol

They probably stole them. :lol

LakeShow
06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
and if you were going downtown to steal having a lakers jersey on was the perfect cover. You would blend right in.

Will Hunting
06-17-2009, 12:42 AM
17 rings faggots!!!

kobyz
06-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Phil Jackson is very classless in 2000 playoffs he compared Rick Adelman to Hitler and the Sacramento players to Nazis just to motivate his players.

v2freak
06-17-2009, 04:35 AM
I don't remember where I read it, but can anyone confirm or deny the claim that Phil Jackson used unethical classical conditioning on his players? Something like comparing pictures of the Kings to pictures of world dictators or something. I hope it's not true; win or lose, this destroys the integrity of the game.

Lakers999
06-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Phil Jackson is very classless in 2000 playoffs he compared Rick Adelman to Hitler and the Sacramento players to Nazis just to motivate his players.

ya and burning kobe jersey before the game to rile up the fans is class?

Lakers999
06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
17 rings faggots!!!

AWESOME..... just another 22 years till you guys get number 18

Lakers999
06-17-2009, 10:53 AM
the accusation may have been false, but he still cheated on his wife.

BIG FUCKING DEAL... IM SURE ALOT OF players fucked around... kobe just happened to get caught

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
BIG FUCKING DEAL... IM SURE ALOT OF players fucked around... kobe just happened to get caught

I never get the "other people did it too" argument. I guess that is why there are riots in LA.

Lakers999
06-17-2009, 11:36 AM
I never get the "other people did it too" argument. I guess that is why there are riots in LA.

you hang the guy just because he made a mistake by having an affair....what does that have to do with basketball

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 11:45 AM
you hang the guy just because he made a mistake by having an affair....what does that have to do with basketball

Nothing, but when talking about being classless, it is pertinent and it does not matter how many have done it.

Difference is, he was accused of rape and his wife was embarrassed on a national scale. I guess it is the media's fault and not Kobe's.

Trash talking has nothing to do with basketball, but it is part of the game is it not? Many classless players go overboard with it.

But who cares, if you think your team is classy, then that is all that matters. Some do not agree with you.

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
He didn't make a mistake by "just" having an affair, he's an alleged rapist..it's potentially much bigger than that, and it's never been proven that he didn't do it, just like it has never been proven that he did..

when Phil Jackson heard of the accusations, he said he wasn't surprised..this is coming from Phil Jackson's book..speaks volumes on Kobe's character IMO..

he also snitched on Shaq, just because he got caught..what kind of immature shit is that?.."I got caught, so I'm taking Shaq down with me"..

he also embarrassed Bynum and his family on a tape, calling him out..he also threw his teammates and management under the bus..

v2freak
06-17-2009, 03:33 PM
During the case, I was absolutely disgusted with the defense atourneys. Accidently "dropping" the girl's name and then using ad hominim attacks like crazy; it was disgusting.

The media is a huge piece of it, but superstars need to remember that their every move will be scrutinized, and they need to take the good with the bad. Everytime the NBA shoves another 'NBA Cares' commercial down our throats, we get another story about how some NBA player committed a felony. Just because others have done it doesn't diminish a player's class.

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Donte Stallworth got 1 month for killing somebody via drunk driving..

it's incredible how innocent somebody can look when they have money..

Duncan2177
06-17-2009, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't say Kobe has no class but he's no charmer.

TheMACHINE
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
He didn't make a mistake by "just" having an affair, he's an alleged rapist..it's potentially much bigger than that, and it's never been proven that he didn't do it, just like it has never been proven that he did..

when Phil Jackson heard of the accusations, he said he wasn't surprised..this is coming from Phil Jackson's book..speaks volumes on Kobe's character IMO..

he also snitched on Shaq, just because he got caught..what kind of immature shit is that?.."I got caught, so I'm taking Shaq down with me"..

he also embarrassed Bynum and his family on a tape, calling him out..he also threw his teammates and management under the bus..

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/ominousinane/el1oo2.jpg