PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant To Visit The ‘Tonight Show’

duncan228
06-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Kobe Bryant to visit the ‘Tonight Show’ (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bryant-tonightshow&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Kobe Bryant is going to visit the “Tonight Show” with Conan O’Brien on Wednesday.

Bryant led the Los Angeles Lakers to their 15th NBA championship on Sunday with a five-game victory over the Orlando Magic.

Earlier Wednesday, Bryant will join the rest of the Lakers at a victory parade and rally from Staples Center to the Coliseum in Los Angeles.

lefty
06-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Could be fun

Conan >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leno

Banzai
06-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Could be fun

Conan >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leno

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/yowzawowzaKeithHernandez.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4075)

mystargtr34
06-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Leno > Conan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Letterman

lefty
06-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Leno > Conan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Letterman
The Fuck ? :lmao

Jacob1983
06-17-2009, 12:58 AM
I wonder if the rape thing will come up in the conversation.

KSeal
06-17-2009, 01:23 AM
I wonder if the rape thing will come up in the conversation.

Conan is above that. Only haters that have nothing else on the guy still bring that old shit up.

Trainwreck2100
06-17-2009, 03:13 AM
Conan is above that. Only haters that have nothing else on the guy still bring that old shit up.

Yeah but adultery never gets old

21_Blessings
06-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Conan > Letterman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ferguson> Leno

Leno is like anti-funny. That is unless you're like 67 years and borderline senile.

Trainwreck2100
06-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Leno is like anti-funny. That is unless you're like 67 years and borderline senile.

he has some sweet whips though

Chillen
06-17-2009, 04:22 AM
I checked the official site at NBC and Phil Jackson is also due on The Tonight Show on Friday.

Nahtanoj
06-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Conan is the best in the business.

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Well OJ Simpson has been on The Tonight Show in the past, so this isn't really any different..they just want ratings obviously..

TheMACHINE
06-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Pretty good interview. Shatner was great.

pauls931
06-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I hope masturbation bear makes an appearance.

JamStone
06-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Conan is funnier, but Leno is a better interviewer. Conan almost always tries to flip interviews into making it about himself instead of his guest.

I watched it last night. Only like the second time I've actually seen Conan's new show. Kobe was a decent interview but he still comes off as pretentious. Seemed pretty scripted and probably was. But, it was a decent interview.

ginobili's bald spot
06-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Conan is funnier, but Leno is a better interviewer. Conan almost always tries to flip interviews into making it about himself instead of his guest.

I watched it last night. Only like the second time I've actually seen Conan's new show. Kobe was a decent interview but he still comes off as pretentious. Seemed pretty scripted and probably was. But, it was a decent interview.

The interviews on those shows are almost always scripted. That's how it works. That way the host can set up the guest for jokes or stories or whatever and make them seem more funny and entertaining.

xtremesteven33
06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
People watched Jay Leno for his celebrity guests.

People watch Conan because of Conan.

Chillen
06-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Leno was cool, I do like Conan just as much if not a little more. Leno did the same stuff every single show (Jaywalking, Headlines, etc) Conan every show it's hard to predict what he will do next which I find more entertaining than Leno's show.

As for the Kobe interview, I watched it. Pretty good interview except he should have made a Lakers jersey for Conan with O'Brien on the back. Joe Torre was on there and did that for him, the shoes from Kobe were nice but get the man a jersey. Maybe Phil Jackson can do that when he goes on Friday.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Leno was cool, I do like Conan just as much if not a little more. Leno did the same stuff every single show (Jaywalking, Headlines, etc) Conan every show it's hard to predict what he will do next which I find more entertaining than Leno's show.

As for the Kobe interview, I watched it. Pretty good interview except he should have made a Lakers jersey for Conan with O'Brien on the back. Joe Torre was on there and did that for him, the shoes from Kobe were nice but get the man a jersey. Maybe Phil Jackson can do that when he goes on Friday.

i dunno man..autographed game shoes are pretty sweet.

Amaso
06-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Leno isn't the best interviewer, but he definitely delivers jokes the best between the top guys. I'm not much of a Conan kind of guy, I rarely laugh when I watched his show.

Leno > Letterman > Conan

xtremesteven33
06-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Leno > Letterman > Conan

:td

JamStone
06-18-2009, 05:22 PM
The interviews on those shows are almost always scripted. That's how it works. That way the host can set up the guest for jokes or stories or whatever and make them seem more funny and entertaining.

Yes, I know. And, that's what I was saying. There are the rare guests that can carry themselves and can go off the script. A guy like Will Ferrell or someone like Jamie Foxx don't need "stick-to-these-questions-so-there-isn't-awkward-silence" interviews. Kobe doesn't do a lot of interviews to begin with so he probably needed at least bullet points to make sure the interview stayed on course. That's fine. And, I realize most of those interviews have at least a loose script to help them move. And, yes, Kobe did seem pretentious.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Conan >>>>Leno> Letterman

KSeal
06-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes, I know. And, that's what I was saying. There are the rare guests that can carry themselves and can go off the script. A guy like Will Ferrell or someone like Jamie Foxx don't need "stick-to-these-questions-so-there-isn't-awkward-silence" interviews. Kobe doesn't do a lot of interviews to begin with so he probably needed at least bullet points to make sure the interview stayed on course. That's fine. And, I realize most of those interviews have at least a loose script to help them move. And, yes, Kobe did seem pretentious.

lol, over analyzing a stupid late night talk show interview.

monosylab1k
06-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Conan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Letterman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leno >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fallon

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 06:07 PM

You can't hate on Leno's jokes about the Clippers.