PDA

View Full Version : Seriously........about 90% of those I know that like the Lakers are

lebomb
06-17-2009, 07:23 AM
...........assholes. They are cocky, and have a chip on their shoulders personality wise. I have lots of friends that root for other teams, but they are usually cool. The friends that like the Lakers are just jerks when it comes to things. I actually find this to be true with Lakers fans in general...........at least here in San Antonio. I do know there are some cool LA fans, but I havent seen many of em. Its almost like there is a thug following. Does anyone else feel this way?

ginobili's bald spot
06-17-2009, 07:28 AM
What's UTSA? I've never heard of it. Is that a community college?

BlackSwordsMan
06-17-2009, 07:36 AM
it's next to pollo loco

BlackSwordsMan
which has good food

blink
im guessing youre subtly trying to insult him but ill bite, it's a branch of the UT school system.

dirk4mvp
06-17-2009, 07:37 AM

A "university" with a 95% acceptance rate.

lebomb
06-17-2009, 07:38 AM
No need to thread jack.....there is a Utsa sucks chodes thread, but Im being serious. I have a friend here at work that loves the Lakers........and he is a jackass when it comes to everything. I have friends that are Dallas, Phoenix fans and they are gracious and cool. Not the LA fans though.

lebomb
06-17-2009, 08:05 AM

Oh by the way..............its kind of like Ucla..........A UC system school...........but about 150yrs younger in terms of establishment. :toast

Back on point. Does anyone else feel this way about Laker fan?

ginobili's bald spot
06-17-2009, 08:06 AM
which has good food

Son I suggest you go and get these chicken sliders for 99 cents. Available for a limited time only.

http://www.elpolloloco.com/images/2009_module4/chickensliders_box.jpg

Offer valid at participating locations only. Prices may vary.

lebomb
06-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Son I suggest you go and get these chicken sliders for 99 cents. Available for a limited time only.

http://www.elpolloloco.com/images/2009_module4/chickensliders_box.jpg

Offer valid at participating locations only. Prices may vary.

:lol ...............OK, now you seem to be one of the cool fans. :lol

pauls931
06-17-2009, 08:50 AM
No need to thread jack.....there is a Utsa sucks chodes thread, but Im being serious. I have a friend here at work that loves the Lakers........and he is a jackass when it comes to everything. I have friends that are Dallas, Phoenix fans and they are gracious and cool. Not the LA fans though.

Hey, Fuck you!!!:toast

Dr. Gonzo
06-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Lebomb licks assholes.

lebomb
06-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey, Fuck you!!!:toast

Ok............maybe not Phoenix fans. :lol

Dude was walking down the hall in his Laker gear yesterday, and he was all struttin like he won the lottery. I havent seen so much yellow and purple all my life. He had on a hat, jersey........damn color matching shoes. I was like :rolleyes

pauls931
06-17-2009, 09:26 AM

Dude was walking down the hall in his Laker gear yesterday, and he was all struttin like he won the lottery. I havent seen so much yellow and purple all my life. He had on a hat, jersey........damn color matching shoes. I was like :rolleyes

What I found sickening was on the drive to work yesterday, I saw an old beatup truck with an old UT sticker on it, then a brand new Lakers sticker. I almost puked.

lebomb
06-17-2009, 09:42 AM
What I found sickening was on the drive to work yesterday, I saw an old beatup truck with an old UT sticker on it, then a brand new Lakers sticker. I almost puked.

:lmao ..................... LOL

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2009, 11:02 AM
This thread disappoints.

lebomb
06-17-2009, 11:21 AM
This thread disappoints.

Yeah, I guess no one besides myself feels LA fans are cocky. Oh well. :depressed

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2009, 11:23 AM
This is the time when you create a new username and start over, hoping no one remembers you.

JoshO501
06-17-2009, 11:39 AM
it seems like every laker fan i know is also a cowboy fan.

TheManFromAcme
06-17-2009, 11:52 AM
...........assholes. They are cocky, and have a chip on their shoulders personality wise. I have lots of friends that root for other teams, but they are usually cool. The friends that like the Lakers are just jerks when it comes to things. I actually find this to be true with Lakers fans in general...........at least here in San Antonio. I do know there are some cool LA fans, but I havent seen many of em. Its almost like there is a thug following. Does anyone else feel this way?

Interesting, I must say.
You have friends that are Laker fans yet they are jerks and yet....still your friends? :rolleyes I think they need to take you out behind a dark alley and kick your a$$, is what they ought to do. Your confused.

There is a thug-element-following for all NBA teams, including S.A. I live here and have been to the AT&T. Pieces of work I must say regarding Spur fan.

TheManFromAcme
06-17-2009, 11:55 AM

That pairing will NEVER make sense to me. :bang I know some of those shmucks and to be honest with you, I don't acknowledge their affinity for the Lakers.
Most SoCal'ers will not acknowledge them either. They are a minority all on their own.

samikeyp
06-17-2009, 11:56 AM

now that's a combo I have yet to meet.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2009, 12:17 PM
now that's a combo I have yet to meet.

Really? About all Lakers fans I've met are either Cowboys or Patriots fans.

lebomb
06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Interesting, I must say.
You have friends that are Laker fans yet they are jerks and yet....still your friends?

There is a thug-element-following for all NBA teams, including S.A. I live here and have been to the AT&T. Pieces of work I must say regarding Spur fan.

They are more like acquaintances, people I know and talk to occasionally.............not good friends. Anyhow, they do act way more cocky than others I know that follow different teams. Yes NBA teams do have a thug element to an extent, but nothing like the Lakers. At least IMHO.

TheManFromAcme
06-17-2009, 12:34 PM

Bingo!

Which should give you a damn good indication of who the real Laker fans are.
Real Laker fans (usually native SoCal'ers) hate the Cowboys. Most of them that is (about 95%).

The Cowboy fans I know are native Texans who for some reason can't find it in their hearts to root for Texas NBA teams. Wierd if you ask me but I know these people nonetheless.

The hardcore fans of the Lakers root for all things Cali, specifically SoCal sports. Dodgers, Angels, Raiders (NFL), Trojan football, UCLA B-BALL etc.
I am not saying non-native Californians aren't Laker fans but at least in my opnion loving the Lakers is something that's a given if your a guy born and raised in L.A. and surrounding southland.

lebomb
06-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Bingo!

Real Laker fans (usually native SoCal'ers) hate the Cowboys. Most of them that is (about 95%).

The Cowboy fans I know are native Texans who for some reason can't find it in their hearts to root for Texas NBA teams. Wierd if you ask me but I know these people nonetheless.

The hardcore fans of the Lakers root for all things Cali, specifically SoCal sports. Dodgers, Angels, Raiders (NFL), Trojan football, UCLA B-BALL etc.
I am not saying non-native Californians aren't Laker fans but at least in my opnion loving the Lakers is something that's a given if your a guy born and raised in L.A. and surrounding southland.

Yep..................your band wagoners that root for a football/baseball team in their own state, then claim the Lakers in basketball.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-17-2009, 12:47 PM

:lol it's actually a 99.5% acceptance rate.

BlackSwordsMan
06-17-2009, 12:47 PM
I saw a car at the bank with a fucked up car hanger laker flag. It looked as if kobe tore the flag after he raped it

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh by the way..............its kind of like Ucla..........A UC system school...........but about 150yrs younger in terms of establishment. :toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Did you seriously just compare UTSA to UCLA?

lebomb
06-17-2009, 12:51 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Did you seriously just compare UTSA to UCLA?

As far as being a sister school to the flag ship university.............YES. *shrugs*

Leftyventricle
06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
i can attest to this. i know 2 laker fans and they work security at this place i work. typical rent-a-cop machismo A-holes. very much in love with there new pepper spray and can't wait to use it.

TheMACHINE
06-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Kentucky Grilled Chicken is good.

v2freak
06-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Thing is, I don't meet any Lakers fans, or at least any people who are willing to admit they are Lakers fans, when the Lakers aren't doing well. So, I wouldn't know to be honest.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 05:11 PM
which has good food

:toast

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 05:13 PM

Have you ever looked in the mirror and have consider yourself an ahole.?

Chillen
06-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I respect the game of basketball. During the playoffs in the NBA there will be certain teams I like to root for and teams I'd like to see lose. Although I am a Bulls fan, I enjoy other NBA teams, I respect the Spurs. The Lakers I don't mind, but I have to agree some of their fans are overly cocky a++holes. They show teams respect when they lose but when they win, it's f*ckyou, your team s*cks we have Kobe. That is what somewhat bothers me about Lakers fans, Kobe creates this homerism.

dirk4mvp
06-17-2009, 05:19 PM
:lol it's actually a 99.5% acceptance rate.

:convertib

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
I respect the game of basketball. During the playoffs in the NBA there will be certain teams I like to root for and teams I'd like to see lose. Although I am a Bulls fan, I enjoy other NBA teams, I respect the Spurs. The Lakers I don't mind, but I have to agree some of their fans are overly cocky a++holes. They show teams respect when they lose but when they win, it's f*ckyou, your team s*cks we have Kobe. That is what somewhat bothers me about Lakers fans, Kobe creates this homerism.

I don't care if you hate the fans or not. I'm still rooting for the Lakers all the way till I die. I think Kobe has a couple years to go but Its going to come to an end someday. I hope that another player takes his spot. So far every decade, with the exception of the MJ era, they have gotten a player or two to take them to the promise land. Yeah im pretty sure some so called Laker fans here in San Antonio are going to fade back into spurs fans if they start loosing, but not me!!!:toast

DenDen
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Majority of my kin folks live in cali, of course they're laker fan and bandwagoner. Whenever basketball season roll along, I'm disowned =( I remember these fool rooting for GS and sac, now all of a sudden they're life long lakers fan:rolleyes

La Peace
06-17-2009, 07:15 PM
I had to rape children to become a laker fan

DenDen
06-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I had to rape children to become a laker fan
Not suprise

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Majority of my kin folks live in cali, of course they're laker fan and bandwagoner. Whenever basketball season roll along, I'm disowned =( I remember these fool rooting for GS and sac, now all of a sudden they're life long lakers fan:rolleyes

Im assuming they live in Nor-Cal, well maybe they are long time Laker fans. They might've been cheering for the GS and Sac when they were doing good, but now that they suck, well they had to cheer for the Lakers.

DenDen
06-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Im assuming they live in Nor-Cal, well maybe they are long time Laker fans. They might've been cheering for the GS and Sac when they were doing good, but now that they suck, well they had to cheer for the Lakers.
Naw they're just bandwagoner

j-money24
06-17-2009, 07:51 PM

Im a bandwagon Terrell Owens fan :toast

So i use to be a Cowboy Fan :lol

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 08:36 PM

Hell naw!!!!!!

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 08:37 PM

Dude I think it was me. Did you see my car with the Laker flags?

Capt Bringdown
06-17-2009, 08:40 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/64/fullj.81641e524b278a741db28c4b2ccbe31e/81641e524b278a741db28c4b2ccbe31e-getty-bbk-lakers_victory_parade.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/1b/fullj.ad080baa0e413d480d264aa1771ad47f/ad080baa0e413d480d264aa1771ad47f-getty-bkn-nba-final-lakers-magic.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/15/fullj.d295c73f78b6f8d94880b5a1a8cb4929/d295c73f78b6f8d94880b5a1a8cb4929-getty-bbk-lakers_victory_parade.jpg

cobbler
06-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Bingo!

You are correct on most counts concerning native So Cal's except for a couple depending on the age.

It's Lakers, Dodgers, Kings, USC football, UCLA BBall. The Angels dont play baseball, they play in that OTHER league that doesnt even follow the rules. Most old school natives were Ram fans. The Raiders whe a transplant for a few years, nothing more. And that is why we despise the South Americas Team (Cowboys) because they sent the Rams packing quite often in the playoffs.

spursfan09
06-18-2009, 08:36 AM
They are bandwagoner fans that go for the winning team. Especially in SA. Just a few years ago they were wearing a Parker jersey celebrating downtown. Had they been real Laker fans they would have been flipping cars on Commerce and rioting. But seriously all these laker "Fans" have probably never even been out of TX.

GuerillaBlack
06-18-2009, 09:52 AM

LOL, I got accepted there without sending in my transcript.

lebomb
06-18-2009, 10:03 AM
LOL, I got accepted there without sending in my transcript.

You are lucky...............that is about to change, with that Bill being passed. :wakeup

DeadlyDynasty
06-18-2009, 11:14 AM
This is the time when you create a new username and start over, hoping no one remembers you.

:rollin

DeadlyDynasty
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM

Sadly, I'm a Buffalo Bills fan...thank god for the Lakers, they are the antithesis of the Bills

holcs50
06-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Well gotta agree with the native SoCal thing-like myself and the majority of my good friends born and raised in socal and pretty much everyone likes all socal teams. I'm the one out of I'd say my 10-15 closes friends that isn't a laker fan. And I have no idea about this cowboy-laker thing,lmao, never have heard of that in cali-must be a texas thing.

As for laker fans being assholes, i'd say my good friends are pretty cool guys, though i do have some friends that I could see as coming off as asshole-ish. And trust me I've talked to many many asshole laker fans and am surrounded by them all the time...but I think any team has their asshole fans and good fans...now do I think the percentage is higher for the lakers, hmmm, maybe. There is this cockiness, but that might not be a laker thing so much, could be just a socal thing in general...but there are many, many chill laker fans, so its hard to judge. And I don't know another fan base well enough to compare to, ive been to SA lots of times for spurs games but can't really judge the fans/people from my short stays. So I guess it's all subjective to your personal experience. I guess if i had to say one way or another id say they have a cockier fanbase than other teams-don't know if asshole is the right wor

Oh yea went to a spurs/lakers game when the forum was still open, holy shit, I thought i was going to get shanked for rooting for the spurs...i was sitting pretty high up and there were some hardcore thugs all around, i was just a kid, but they were still like staring me down, ha.

v2freak
06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
UTSA insulting is weak as hell.

"Acceptance rate is super high ahahahaha I'm about to have hernia laughing! So funny!"

The Gemini Method
06-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't know many Laker/Cowboy fans, but I do know that the majority of Laker fans are usually Dodger and Raider fans since their So. Cal ties are still prevalent. For me, I'm a lifelong Angels fan, but don't really root for a particular team in the NFL. I'm one of those that wants an L.A. team to begin once anew. I didn't follow the Raiders or Rams when they were here, but I did just watch about every NFL game that was on CBS/NBC/Fox/ESPN for the most part.

We are not all assholes, but it is way more easier to remember a member of a fanbase when they are complete jerks and not when they are respectable. I mean, the passion behinds sports can get some people out of their comfort zone, but overall my circle of friends that are Laker fans are definitely not assholes.

IronMexican
06-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Sadly, I'm a Buffalo Bills fan...thank god for the Lakers, they are the antithesis of the Bills

lol Bills.

Fucking Raiders choked down the stretch vs them in Week 4. I was so pumped when Jamarcus hit that small window to JLH for that TD. Then they lost and I had tears of anger.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 02:11 PM
"Acceptance rate is super high ahahahaha I'm about to have hernia laughing! So funny!"

Yeah me too!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao

v2freak
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM
You may have a sweet username, but I won't shed any tears when you go to the ER for it.