PDA

View Full Version : a Spurs fan who wants to buy a Kobe jersey

phyzik
06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
OK, my Co-worker is telling me he wants to go get a Kobe jersey. I told him no real Spurs fan would buy ANY laker jersey. The dude spends like $10,000.00 on Spurs season tickets and swears up and down he just likes Kobe and not the Lakers. I say its fine to like Kobe as a Spurs fan but dont go buy his F'n jersey! He is not buying it as a collectors item BTW, he is planning on wearing it. Big difference imho.

Do you think, like I do, that its just not right that a Spurs fan wants a Lakers jersey or are you OK with it?

Laker fans, would you sport a Jersey of any player from the Spurs, or maybe worse, Boston?

sonic21
06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
I told him no real Spurs fan would buy ANY laker jersey

not true.
i bought a sasha jersey yesterday and i'm a real spurs

samikeyp
06-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Tell him that if he likes Kobe but not the Lakers, he could by a Kobe Team USA jersey.

Allanon
06-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Boston, no, never. I do have a Duncan jersey, thought about a Manu jersey and may get a Parker jersey.

I never wear them though.

I. Hustle
06-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Tell him if he likes Kobe and not the Lakers then he can just rape a white girl.

I. Hustle
06-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Tell him if he is a Kobe fan and not a Lakers fan he can tell Shaq how his ass tastes

manufan10
06-17-2009, 10:23 AM
is it ever ok for a grown man (nonathlete) to wear a jersey?

I think if you're wearing one to a game, or you're going to watch a game it's ok. Or if your team you root for just won the championship. Just to wear it out in public for the sake of it.. it's questionable.

manufan10
06-17-2009, 10:23 AM
tell him that if he likes kobe but not the lakers, he could by a kobe team usa jersey.

+1

baseline bum
06-17-2009, 10:26 AM
The only Lakers jerseys I'd ever wear would be Magic and Wilt.

I. Hustle
06-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Tell him that if he likes Kobe but not the Lakers that he could cheat on his wife with a Lakers girl.

JamStone
06-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Depends on a few things. How old is he? Most grown men don't really wear NBA jerseys around, any self respecting ones anyway (my opinion). If he's in his early 20s, maybe. But if he has Spurs season tix then he lives around SA so where is he going to wear it anyway? I have a Rasheed jersey but wear it only at home or to games. I live in Detroit and I still dont wear it around in public. So is he just buying it just to have it? If it's just for memorabilia and he like frames it, that's ok I guess.

Lakers999
06-17-2009, 10:44 AM
i would never buy a spurs jersey... i would piss on boston jerseys ..... i would only buy a bowen fullerton jersey..... since that is my alma mater.... as far as your friend goes...there is nothing wrong with wearing the jersey of the best player in the league

LakeShow
06-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I definitely would not buy a Spurs or Celtics jersey but If I had one, i would wear it. I would even play ball in it. It would be great for cleaning the garage, yardwork or working on my car.

21_Blessings
06-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I'd wipe my ass with a Celtics/Spurs jersey

alamo50
06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Most grown men don't really wear NBA jerseys around, any self respecting ones anyway (my opinion).

Your opinion sucks.....just like your team.

For the co-worker who claims to be a Spurs fan and wanting to spend cash on Blowme Bryant: shoot him straight through the head.

JamStone
06-17-2009, 12:12 PM
LOL... sensitive.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I once asked my parents if I could buy a Kobe jersey. They were mad at me the rest of the day.

koriwhat
06-17-2009, 12:22 PM
who gives a shit?

i like kobe and not the fakers but i wouldn't buy a jersey and only because i don't wear jerseys. i'd buy his shoes though if they looked decent which they don't. he used to have some killer hurachies(sp?) back in the day that i wanted from like '05.

TampaDude
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM
NFW I would buy a Kobe Jersey. If I was going to buy a "Team USA" jersey it would be LeBron's. I might buy an Ariza Jersey if it was on sale or something. :D

mytespurs
06-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Is it wrong to be a fan of a player on a team you don't like or root for?

TampaDude
06-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Is it wrong to be a fan of a player on a team you don't like or root for?

No...not wrong at all...you can be a fan of an individual player, even if he's not on your favorite team. For example, I'm a huge Gators fan, so I'm a Joakim Noah fan, even though he plays for the Bulls. :toast

TwinTowers
06-17-2009, 12:37 PM
OK, my Co-worker is telling me he wants to go get a Kobe jersey. I told him no real Spurs fan would buy ANY laker jersey. The dude spends like $10,000.00 on Spurs season tickets and swears up and down he just likes Kobe and not the Lakers. I say its fine to like Kobe as a Spurs fan but dont go buy his F'n jersey! He is not buying it as a collectors item BTW, he is planning on wearing it. Big difference imho.

Do you think, like I do, that its just not right that a Spurs fan wants a Lakers jersey or are you OK with it?

Laker fans, would you sport a Jersey of any player from the Spurs, or maybe worse, Boston?

I see you're trying to pull the "my co-worker" card. Enjoy your Kobe jersey:toast
BTW, one of "my co-workers" wants to buy Duncan's

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2009, 12:41 PM
ask him hows kobe ass taste like

LnGrrrR
06-17-2009, 12:42 PM

No fan should sport a jersey from a player in another team, IMHO. At the least, it definitely shouldn't be a rival, or same division.

It's acceptable to wear throwbacks/retired players of other teams, unless they are classic rivals (Lakers/Celts, Red Sox/Yankees, etc etc)

HarlemHeat37
06-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Owning a Lakers jersey is the equivalent of owning Nazi memorabilia..

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 05:36 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/32099561_51967da702.jpg

I see, finally coming out of the closet!!!

Just tell him to wait till his jersey is retired. I don't think is right for a hardcore fan to wear other teams jerseys. IMO.

pkbpkb81
06-17-2009, 05:59 PM
it is not ok and he should have to give his tickets away

fuck that guy he needs his ass beat

TheMACHINE
06-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Spurs and Lakers arn't rivals so i think its ok.

urunobili
06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I have a Horry #5 Lakers Nike Jersey...

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 06:31 PM
I have a Horry #5 Lakers Nike Jersey...

His I can understand. Always in the right place at the right time. but I Hated seeing him wearing a Spurs Jersey

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I'd wipe my ass with a Celtics/Spurs jersey

Burn that shit mann...i wouldn't even bother touching those jerseys!!!