PDA

View Full Version : What other city makes the most sense for LeBron besides New York?

Artest93
06-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Everyone knows it's coming, July 1, 2010 is doomsday for Cleveland, and Thunder Dan...Supporting cast is too weak, the coach seems to do nothing besides pace back and forth on the sidelines, and let's get to the point, IT'S CLEVELAND...New York is the most logical choice b/c of the endorsements, and being on the big stage, but in your opinion, what is the second most logical place for LeBron (not cleveland)

I'd say L.A.

jonnybravo
06-17-2009, 03:26 PM
I cna't see L.A.

Which teams besides the Knicks have the cap space for two max free agents? I can see Bosh/Lebron going to any one of those teams and doing some serious damage. Knicks just make so much sense...

baseline bum
06-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Miami will have enough capspace to re-sign Wade and bring in LeBron and Bosh. Cleveland can re-sign LeBron and bring in another max FA. OKC can sign two max FAs and still have money to spend. Chicago will be able to sign one max FA, and New Jersey should be able to afford two. Detroit could sit on their money this offseason and easily offer two max contracts.

Thunder Dan
06-17-2009, 03:51 PM
he isn't leaving you all can wish all you want b/c you hate me but it tarnishes his legacy is he leaves. Sorry

stretch
06-17-2009, 03:51 PM
1. Cleveland

2. New York (distant)

3. Dallas (even more distant)

Thunder Dan
06-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Miami will have enough capspace to re-sign Wade and bring in LeBron and Bosh.

Cleveland can do the same, the part often forgot about when people say Lebron can't get any help here

ffadicted
06-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Brooklyn Nets lol

baseline bum
06-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Cleveland can do the same, the part often forgot about when people say Lebron can't get any help here

Cleveland can't get two max FAs next to James, but getting Bosh or Wade in addition to re-signing him could definitely happen. I hope James stays there and they do.

jazzypimp
06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
how about the jazz?

21_Blessings
06-17-2009, 03:58 PM
how about the jazz?

This is Lebron we're talking about.

Thunder Dan
06-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Cleveland can't get two max FAs next to James, but getting Bosh or Wade in addition to re-signing him could definitely happen. I hope James stays there and they do.
I don't think any of these dream scenarios are going to take place. I mean you have to be a moron to turn down $30,000,000 nowadays, I can't imagine Bosh, Wade or Lebron doing that. They could give a crap about playing together and winning. Winning doesn't matter to about 99% of these guys, just look at Hedo- the guy is close to winning a championship and he opts out. Bosh will resign and maybe ask to be traded, but I don't see him walking. It goes against everything the NBA is built on.

If Lebron were serious about winning championships as his sole priority he would go to Portland- but he would never go to a small down on the West coast.

baseline bum
06-17-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't think any of these dream scenarios are going to take place. I mean you have to be a moron to turn down $30,000,000 nowadays, I can't imagine Bosh, Wade or Lebron doing that. They could give a crap about playing together and winning. Winning doesn't matter to about 99% of these guys, just look at Hedo- the guy is close to winning a championship and he opts out. Bosh will resign and maybe ask to be traded, but I don't see him walking. It goes against everything the NBA is built on.

If Lebron were serious about winning championships as his sole priority he would go to Portland- but he would never go to a small down on the West coast.

$30 million is not going to happen. Wade, Bosh, and LeBron should command 30% of the cap or so if I'm remembering my CBA rules correctly, which is likely to be in the range of $15M-$18M for the first season and 10% raises (non-compounded) later.

Thunder Dan
06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
$30 million is not going to happen. Wade, Bosh, and LeBron should command 30% of the cap or so if I'm remembering my CBA rules correctly, which is likely to be in the range of $15M-$18M for the first season and 10% raises (non-compounded) later.

To leave their teams (Cavs,Raptors, Heat) they would be giving up $30,000,000 in guaranteed money over the lenght of their next deal to sign a contract elsewhere. That's what I'm referring to. You would have to really love a situation somewhere else to leave $30,000,000 on the table.

mytespurs
06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I tend to think the Cavs would attempt to sign another big name in 2010 in order to keep LeBron there.

I will admit I know zilch about the in/outs of basketball but does LeBron going to NY automatically make them a contender? What else would they need? If D'Antoni is there, will the style he coaches win championships even with a Lebron?

florige
06-17-2009, 04:36 PM
What about the Wiz? They have a pretty good supporting cast if LeCrab were to play for them.

stretch
06-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I tend to think the Cavs would attempt to sign another big name in 2010 in order to keep LeBron there.

I will admit I know zilch about the in/outs of basketball but does LeBron going to NY automatically make them a contender? What else would they need? If D'Antoni is there, will the style he coaches win championships even with a Lebron?

:wow

Lebron might be enough to get past that style. Can you imagine the kinds of scoring and assist numbers he would put up in a D'Antoni run and gun system? I mean the guy already puts up some of the best offensive numbers in the game in a fucking horrible, slow system in cleveland with shit offensive players around him. in a D'Antoni system, he could average 35+ ppg and 10+ apg. if he were to ever have a chance at averaging a triple double through a season, it would have to be either in a Nellie or D'Antoni system, with all the extra possessions and fast breaking he would be doing. the more and more i think about Lebron in a D'Antoni system... its fucking scary what that offense would be like. If they at least had a moderately decent defense (mainly just someone to man the paint), they could win multiple titles.

The main reason that run-and-gun teams typically dont work these days is because the personnel doesnt have anyone that can play half-court, or defend the paint. with lebron, your half court game will be just fine. all they would need is someone to prevent easy inside buckets.

ffadicted
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM
To leave their teams (Cavs,Raptors, Heat) they would be giving up $30,000,000 in guaranteed money over the lenght of their next deal to sign a contract elsewhere. That's what I'm referring to. You would have to really love a situation somewhere else to leave $30,000,000 on the table.

None of those players have been in the league long enough to get a contract even close to 30 mil.

And even if they could, let's see.... Lebron, maybe; Wade, a pretty huge stretch; but offering Bosh 30 mil? Are you fucking serious lol

Also hypothetically speaking, the amount of money lebron would make from endorsements and such in a place like NYC would make 30mil look like spare change.

GuerillaBlack
06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
The Rockets.

:)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Lebron won't go to NY because as Td says it tarnishes his legacy, and if winning a championship does matter, signing with the team D'antoni coaches is generally not a good idea.

Lars
06-17-2009, 06:27 PM
If he was going to stay in Cleveland, I don't know why he just wouldnt come out and say it. Dude is bolting to Miami or New York.

BlackSwordsMan
06-17-2009, 06:28 PM
duncan needs a new sidekick

baseline bum
06-17-2009, 06:48 PM
If he was going to stay in Cleveland, I don't know why he just wouldnt come out and say it. Dude is bolting to Miami or New York.

Duncan never said anything until his press conference announcing he was staying.

sedale threatt
06-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd like to see him in San Antonio. It would make next year's Laker playoff run more exciting.

KSeal
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Clippers

Artest93
06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
The Rockets.

:)

FAR FAR FAR FAR beyond a pipe dream.......However, there would be a better chance of him coming to Houston than D-Wade

DenDen
06-17-2009, 07:09 PM
FAR FAR FAR FAR beyond a pipe dream.......However, there would be a better chance of him coming to Houston than D-Wade
It's possible tmac huge contract come off the book 2010 roc could afford either.. Rocs already have an insane cast, if they wanna win n make money, come on down to H-town..

Rogue
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I think the Rockets should make a serious shot. Leaving aside New York, the most preferable place for him is just Houston which has the 4th biggest population and even a bigger amount of fans out of US, though most of them are not very smart...

Houston have plenty of decent role players whom Lebron have long been thirsty for. The first job Houston needs to do this summer is just re-sign Ron Artest at a proper prize, in order to keep their records decent while save enough room for Lebron when the season ends. Lebron can demolish the Lakers with the squad consisting of Luis Scola, Ron Artest, Shane, Carlaundry, Aaron Brooks... as Kobe and his Lakers have already started their downfall after co-winning the champoinship with Grizllies this season. Though the Rockets will still have some powerful rivals like Portland Blazers and the Dallas boys in blue.

DenDen
06-17-2009, 07:22 PM
"co-winning the champoinship with Grizllies this season"
thumbs up

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-17-2009, 10:27 PM
http://www.mpmchugh.com/start/itunes/artwork/city_of_angels/city_of_angels.jpg

SouthTexasRancher
06-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Everyone knows it's coming, July 1, 2010 is doomsday for Cleveland, and Thunder Dan...Supporting cast is too weak, the coach seems to do nothing besides pace back and forth on the sidelines, and let's get to the point, IT'S CLEVELAND...New York is the most logical choice b/c of the endorsements, and being on the big stage, but in your opinion, what is the second most logical place for LeBron (not cleveland)

I'd say L.A.

Lebron wants to win so badly that he'll sign with a real winner...Pop, Tim, Tony, & Manu will give Lebron what he wants...a ring! :bking

Thunder Dan
06-18-2009, 06:44 AM

it's called having options. If he came out and said he was Cleveland for life then do you think the Cavs would be so hard on getting him help this summer? They are already over the luxury cap, and have one of the highest payrolls in the league, if there was no threat of losing the franchise I can't imagine they would be trying this hard to get more players and more payroll

Thunder Dan
06-18-2009, 06:47 AM
None of those players have been in the league long enough to get a contract even close to 30 mil.

And even if they could, let's see.... Lebron, maybe; Wade, a pretty huge stretch; but offering Bosh 30 mil? Are you fucking serious lol

Also hypothetically speaking, the amount of money lebron would make from endorsements and such in a place like NYC would make 30mil look like spare change.

Why do people comment on issues they don't even have a clue about?

Lebron, Wade and Bosh can all be offered more money by their teams they currently play on, that's the $30,000,0000 I'm talking about. It's not $30,000,000 a year, it's over 6 years they would pass that money up

and Lebron is already the highest endorsed player in the NBA playing in Cleveland, sponsors aren't waiting for him to move to pay him, they already are