PDA

View Full Version : Might as well vent here lol

E20
06-17-2009, 03:24 PM
FUCK

I'm in the shittiest predicament. I was in a crash the other day, NOT MY FAULT, and going through insurance. Called the other drivers insurance company and they were like the lady hasn't answered back to our calls and we need that to complete our investigation. So I was like is there a timetable or what if she never answers back. They were like well we can take 45 days to complete our investigation and an extra 30 days if we recieve no call from the other driver, but if you need you car call your insurance company and see if you're covered for this particular case, which i'm not because i can't afford that type of coverage because i'm a broke ass 20 year old. Hung up the phone on the skank right there, because I had the urge to go off on her.

FUCK i need my car for school and other shit, i can't be handicapped like this. this is horrible. fuck oh well :wakeup

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I can try and help you. What happened exactly? You got hit and....

E20
06-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I can try and help you. What happened exactly? You got hit and....

1. I was at an intersection
2. My light was red.
3. My light turned green.
4. I started to acclerate and go, reached 15 MPH
5. Out of nowhere an old asian lady runs her redlight and I smash into her.
6. Got out of the car, luckily two old gentledudes came out and witnessed on my behalf to the cops.
7. Cops saw that it was her fault and not mine.
8. Exchanged DL/Insurance/Registration.
damn

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Don't be a pussy. They are jerking you around. I assume you have a police report. Tell em you want your car fixed and you want it fixed now.

E20
06-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't be a pussy. They are jerking you around. I assume you have a police report. Tell em you want your car fixed and you want it fixed now.

I'm getting my older bro on them. I called him to call them and say that for me.

Blake
06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
be grateful the other person at least had inusrance.

E20
06-17-2009, 03:38 PM

Thankfully. The lady came up to me and had the nerve to say let's forget about this. I was like WTF! LMAO look at your car and look at mine. Neither one can be driven.

Viva Las Espuelas
sounds like the same thing that happened to me. the stupid old bag that ran into me told me "i got no money". i told her "fine, but your insurance company does". anyway, i had to wait about 30 to 45 days 'cause she wouldn't get back with the insurance company. liability coverage does suck at times. i guess you got hit pretty good.

Kermit

Hell yes. It could've been worse. Get mean. Their main objective is to stall.

stretch
06-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I had a similar issue. Just demand that they fix your shit or tell them you will see them in court.

LnGrrrR
06-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, it's so retarded that you can get screwed if the other person doesn't have insurance. If that happened to me, I'd love to sue, but it probably wouldn't be worth the time. :p

SpursStalker
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
WOW ...

I've gotten into a couple of accidents that were not my fault and had all my repairs done to my car and a rental for the time the car was in the shop in less than 2weeks.

What insurance company do you use?

Blake
06-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Tell em you want your car fixed and you want it fixed now.

+1

keep calling bugging them until they give you a definitive answer as to when you will get the cash to get your car fixed.

E20
06-17-2009, 03:45 PM
WOW ...

I've gotten into a couple of accidents that were not my fault and had all my repairs done to my car and a rental for the time the car was in the shop in less than 2weeks.

What insurance company do you use?

I have Triple AAA and the funny part is if the lady didn't have insurance, Triple A said I have coverage in that case where they will give me money to repair my car, but since she has insurance they can't.

SpursStalker
06-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I have Triple AAA and the funny part is if the lady didn't have insurance, Triple A said I have coverage in that case where they will give me money to repair my car, but since she has insurance they can't.

I have GEICO ...

I was once told that if the other person's insurance company did not give me satisfactory service, that I was to call them back and they would step in for me. Does Triple A have anything like that?

BacktoBasics
06-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Won't cost you a dime to harass the shit out of them. Call 4 or 5 times a day. I would personally bring them the police report that clearly states their client being at fault and then call call call. Just don't lose it. They don't have to take your calls if you're belligerent, rude or violent.

Otherwise just wait it out.

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 03:52 PM
1. I was at an intersection
2. My light was red.
3. My light turned green.
4. I started to acclerate and go, reached 15 MPH
5. Out of nowhere an old asian lady runs her redlight and I smash into her.
6. Got out of the car, luckily two old gentledudes came out and witnessed on my behalf to the cops.
7. Cops saw that it was her fault and not mine.
8. Exchanged DL/Insurance/Registration.
damn

What did you mean when you said you "were 20 and did not have that kind of insurance"? I am assuming you meant that you do not have uninsured motorist insurance(UM/UIM).

If the other driver has insurance and you have a police report stating it is clearly not your fault, then you have two courses of action:

1) If you have obtained the police report and have UM/UIM, you can call your insurance company and they will likely pay under your insurance (UM/UIM) then subrogate the damages from the other drivers insurance.

or

2) You can call and say I have obtained a copy of the police report and I am going to fax it to you. Once they have confirmed they have the report in hand, that might be enough proof for them to go ahead and pay the claim without contact from their insured.

There really is not a "set" amount of time they have to get to you, but if you are polite and do these things, it should help. They should respond to your claim in a reasonable amount of time, but some companies do not have good claims service.

I know that does not sit well with you, but sometimes that is how it goes.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-17-2009, 03:53 PM
hmm. you have a police report so i'm assuming you can muscle them. i didn't have a police report.

E20
06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I have GEICO ...

I was once told that if the other person's insurance company did not give me satisfactory service, that I was to call them back and they would step in for me. Does Triple A have anything like that?

Triple A said they are there to assist me in dealing with the other drivers insurance, hopefully that means the samething.

What did you mean when you said you "were 20 and did not have that kind of insurance"? I am assuming you meant that you do not have uninsured motorist insurance(UM/UIM).

If the other driver has insurance and you have a police report stating it is clearly not your fault, then you have two courses of action:

1) If you have obtained the police report and have UM/UIM, you can call your insurance company and they will likely pay under your insurance (UM/UIM) then subrogate the damages from the other drivers insurance.

or

2) You can call and say I have obtained a copy of the police report and I am going to fax it to you. Once they have confirmed they have the report in hand, that might be enough proof for them to go ahead and pay the claim without contact from their insured.

There really is not "set" amount of time they have to get to you, but if you are polite and do these things, it should help. They should respond to your claim in a reasonable time, but some companies do not have good claims service.

I know that does not sit well with you, but sometimes that is how it goes.
I meant that my insurance coverage will not cover my damages, because I don't have that on my policy, so I have to go through the other drivers insurnace, but I think my insurance will cover me if the othe driver is not insured according to the agent I spoke with. Anyhoo, I'll be calling them tommorow again.

hmm. you have a police report so i'm assuming you can muscle them. i didn't have a police report.
Yeah I do, but this is the first time something like this has happened to me, so I'm learning as I go everytime I call them.

But damn I still can't believe she had the nerve to say that her light was Green and that we should forget about this. MAN :lmao

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I meant that my insurance coverage will not cover my damages, because I don't have that on my policy, so I have to go through the other drivers insurnace, but I think my insurance will cover me if the othe driver is not insured according to the agent I spoke with. Anyhoo, I'll be calling them tommorow again.

:lmao

The other person clearly has insurance, because you have her insurance information. If you have UM/UIM on your policy, most companies take care of their insured and file it under that, then sue the company for their money back because they are much more effective in dealing with them. Especially if the company is being difficult and you have a police report stating who was at fault.

Your company might not do that, but many do. Call the insurance company, fax them a copy of the report then see what they say. If not, call your company (if you have UM/UIM) and ask if they will file under that, then subrogate the loss.

Blake
06-17-2009, 04:35 PM

if you go the uninsured motorists route, be ready to pay that deductible.

I'm gonna bet yours is at least $500.....probably = or > $750

SpursStalker
06-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Triple A said they are there to assist me in dealing with the other drivers insurance, hopefully that means the same thing.

I'm hoping too, so good luck and I hope everything works out ok.

If you need a regulator, gimmie a holler, I carry a big stick!!

:lol

E20
06-17-2009, 04:54 PM

This last year I chose to pay my insurance bill upfront and I had to pay around 800 dollars for this year.

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 04:57 PM

UM deductible is always $250, it is non-negotiable in Texas. Some companies waive it in this scenario as well.

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
This last year I chose to pay my insurance bill upfront and I had to pay around 800 dollars for this year.

No, he meant your deductible. What you would pay if you got into an accident and it was your fault in order to get your vehicle repaired. Usually $500 or $1000 deductibles are the norm.

ploto
06-17-2009, 06:14 PM
If you have UM/UIM on your policy, most companies take care of their insured and file it under that, then sue the company for their money back because they are much more effective in dealing with them. Especially if the company is being difficult and you have a police report stating who was at fault.

Your company might not do that, but many do. Call the insurance company, fax them a copy of the report then see what they say. If not, call your company (if you have UM/UIM) and ask if they will file under that, then subrogate the loss.

I had that happen but the problem is- your insurance company can then settle in any way THEY choose without your consent. I got into a wreck- not my fault at all. The guy and his insurance were stalling and so my insurance said they would fix it and then settle with his insurance company. I had to pay the UIM deductible. Then, they (my insurer) to speed it along agreed to accept only 75% of the cost from his insurer and I got stuck only getting back 75% of that decuctible when it was totally his fault.

PM5K
06-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Just doesn't seem right that you'd have to wait 45 days to get this taken care of, but I guess under these circumstances it is?

E20
06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't know. I don't really want to assume on anybody else's behalf, but I got the impression that the other driver did not want to go through insurance, because she did come up to me and say that 'We should forget about this', so it's no suprise to me that she isn't answering calls from anybody and according to her insurance company the longer it takes for them to get ahold of her the longer I'll have to wait. I'm just gonna do what the vets in here said keep calling both insurance compaines and telling to look at the police report and that there needs to be no further investigation, because the police report on file says it all and I have two witnesses names and numbers who were there when it happend.

Blake
06-17-2009, 06:46 PM
UM deductible is always $250, it is non-negotiable in Texas. Some companies waive it in this scenario as well.

ah. There you go.

Happened to a family member a while back. They had State Farm and had to pay the deduct

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Paying the 250 is not the worst thing that can happen, but it still sucks. It might be better just to go that route and get it taken care of. Hopefully it works out and the deductible gets waived or fully refunded.

It is not right making you wait so long, but just do what I outlined and things will be taken care of as fast as they can.

leemajors
06-17-2009, 07:18 PM
DPG, E20 is in Cali.

DPG21920
06-17-2009, 07:28 PM
DPG, E20 is in Cali.

Oh, I did not know. Well that changes things. I have my license in Texas, so I am not familiar with California's insurance law. Hopefully it is similar.