PDA

View Full Version : Venting

Kori Ellis
06-17-2009, 09:11 PM
So...

This morning, our neighbors were having some kind of work done on their house. We hear our doorbell ringing but we don't answer it. (We don't answer the door unless someone has called first). So we hear all the banging/clamouring etc outside in their yard and think nothing of it, really.

Fast forward to this afternoon, we let our dogs go out in our backyard to go to the bathroom. About 10 minutes later, we call them inside. Deuce, the black lab, doesn't return. So I go look in the backyard... the gate is open, Deuce is gone.

*Mind you, I have bricks in front of the gate from the front side of the house, so that under no circumstances can Deuce get out. He's an escape artist.

So apparently, the douche workers that were working on the neighbors' house this morning, came over to my house, removed the bricks and came into my yard while we were asleep to do whatever they needed to do.

WTF? Who does this crap?

Then when they left... not only did they not put the bricks back but they didn't even close the gate all the way.

Anyway, I went running into the street screaming for Deuce. Some guy had stopped his car up the street and was holding Deuce there to stop him from sprinting away. (Thanks sir)

So when he sees me running around screaming, he yells to me and then sends Deuce my way.

We come back inside and all is well.

But WTF? People just come in your yard and do whatever you want because you don't answer the door???

:pctoss

If Deuce would have ran away permanently or something bad happened to him, I might have had to go crazy on those people.

[/vent]

jaffies
06-17-2009, 09:25 PM
What did they need access to your back yard for?

duncan228
06-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Glad Deuce is okay.

I didn't think anyone could enter private property without permission unless it's the city with an emergency. I would have thought they'd have to leave you a note if you weren't home/didn't answer the door and not enter your yard until they had your permission.

I'd be pissed and want some answers.

Kori Ellis
06-17-2009, 09:35 PM
What did they need access to your back yard for?

No freakin' idea.

This is the second time. Last time the neighbors on the other side were having some cable issues. We woke up one morning and the workers were inside our backyard setting up bright orange neon flags everywhere and putting down orange lines in our yard. I asked WTF, and they said, "We might have to dig." :wtf I said, "You can't just bust in our yard and start working" and they said, "Sorry, we are just contractors going by instructions.. someone should have told you."

Sense
06-17-2009, 09:38 PM
That's unacceptable...

and pisses me off....

You should get a private property sign... or one that says you'll shoot intrudors :P

ORION
06-17-2009, 09:41 PM
I would be fired up and walked right on over to the neighbors

marini martini
06-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeesh!!! Usually work men are afraid of big dogs. I guess Deuce showed him what a friendly dog he was. Glad you got Deuce back safely, but I'd sure be demanding answers as to why they took the liberty to go in your back yard for whatever reason, with out your permission.

MannyIsGod
06-17-2009, 10:20 PM
That dog will always be Looter to me. People are fucking idiots.

mrsmaalox
06-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Man I'm glad your pooch is okay! You should maybe put a padlock on your gate. I've had locks on my gates ever since a neighbor kid left our gate open. Luckily my dog was too scared to run away and just went around the house and took a nap by the front door. :)

Blake
06-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Glad Deuce is okay.

I didn't think anyone could enter private property without permission unless it's the city with an emergency. I would have thought they'd have to leave you a note if you weren't home/didn't answer the door and not enter your yard until they had your permission.

I'd be pissed and want some answers.

Yes, it's trespassing to open a gate/door and enter the house/backyard. If the city enters, it better be a real emergency.

..and if something had happened to the dog, Kori of course could sue for damages....

....and if a car hits the dog, swerves and hits a tree, then the driver can sue the person responsible for allowing the dog to run free.

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2009, 01:01 AM
its texas you can shoot people when they are on your property without your permission

MiamiHeat
06-18-2009, 01:04 AM
they are supposed to get your permission first. workers or not.

Nbadan
06-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Probably a cable easement......we have one in our backyard for cable and electricity so those punctual installers can enter into our backyard every-time a neighbor wants to add the playboy channel or they need more power for the local growing lamps...

SpursStalker
06-18-2009, 05:36 AM
First of all, I'm glad the Deuce is home safe and nothing happened to him.

Secondly, I would have gone off like fireworks on the 4th of July. Kudos to you for having the self control I would have lacked.

JudynTX
06-18-2009, 07:40 AM
:tu Glad Deuce is safe. But I would demand answers from your neighbors. They won't be your neighbors for much longer huh?

Taco
06-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Do you have a Zero Property line?

if so they do have a 5'-0" Maintenance variance access

Das Texan
06-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Looter will always find a way to escape if given an opportunity. He probably went to jail a time or two when he was in NOLA, so its in his blood to know how to get out.

Das Texan
06-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Oh ya and this is another thing that annoys me about my house on the northside.

I have that stupid utility box in my back yard. Its annoying as fuck.

On the southside, where I grew up, there is an alleyway where the utility boxes are.

Of course now the idiot neighbors on the other side, have decided to fence in the alleyway, to give them a larger backyard, which is a recent in the last 5 year phenomena that would annoy me to no end if I still lived there.

Have an alleyway for 20 years, then all of a sudden randomly get rid of it when you build on a vacant lot and see the alleyway in use. I should go look at the plat for the neighborhood and see what it says. Mine for that matter too :lol

BacktoBasics
06-18-2009, 08:22 AM
It trespassing plain and simple. I wouldn't sit on this. I'd contact the neighbor and the company that entered your property without permission.

florige
06-18-2009, 08:29 AM
When Kori said the guy was "holding Duece" my first intial reaction was ohh no, the dog got ran over or something.

miklo velka
06-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Must have been those guys joechalupa hired.

koriwhat
06-18-2009, 09:53 AM
do like my step father... lock everything with heavy duty pad locks. it's the only way!

Summers
06-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Argh, that would have pissed me off. Glad your dog is okay.

F@#K You
06-18-2009, 10:37 AM
get drunk and set the neighbor's house on fire. That will teach them to hire assholes...

manustarting2gd
06-18-2009, 11:43 AM
sawed off shotgun hand on the park brake

Cypress Hill...

Sawed off shotgun, hand on the pump

Left hand on a forty, [puffin onna blunt]
Pumped my shotgun, [niggaz didn't jump]
Lala la la lala la laaaaa...

Comin at you like a stiff blow, fuckin up your program
Ain't takin shit from you him or no man
Master mind maniac and a menace soooo
How they want to pass sentence
All because a nigga tried to play me on the trigger
He missed, so now the nigga's pissed
Rude and crude like a pitbull, get to the point
Your fuckin car to get pulled, now
I'm headed up the river with a boat and no paddle
And I'm handin out beatdowns
I'm headed up the river with a boat and no paddle
And I'm handin out beatdowns [get your face down!]
Put me in chains, try to beat my brains
I can get out, but the grudge remains
When I see ya punk ass, I'm gonna getcha
Fucking do ya, shotgun go boo-yaa!

baseline bum
06-18-2009, 12:46 PM

:lol

Glad Looter is OK.

FromWayDowntown
06-18-2009, 12:53 PM
That would drive me crazy, too. When I was a teenager, my grandmother was visiting and on a particularly rainy night, for no particular reason at all, she went out to her car and left the front door wide open. Our Irish Setter bolted for the door, leaving me to go chase, in the rain, late in the evening, having been through 2-a-days that morning and needing to be back at school for a 7 am practice the following morning. I got in a really, really brisk 3 mile run chasing the dog and then about a mile-long 70-pound-dog-carrying effort to get back home. I gave my grandmother an earful when I got home.

I can only imagine how enraged I might have been if able-bodied workmen had created that kind of situation.

I don't so much mind that workers occasionally have to come on to my property to do things; that's life in the suburbs. But what pisses me off is the thought that all of the precautions I might take to protect my dogs could be offset by the laziness of a worker who just refuses to put things back where he found them before the work began. That's complete absurdity.

chode_regulator
06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
its texas you can shoot people when they are on your property without your permission

I can't tell but I hope you are being sarcastic because that is not the case.

And Kori, no offense but do you live in the ghetto? You only answer your door if someone calls first?

But back to the topic at hand I would definitely be going over to the neighbors and giving them an earful. Plus contacting the contractors.

Kori Ellis
06-18-2009, 04:42 PM
LOL .. no I don't live in the ghetto. I live on the far NW side. I just don't answer the door because of too many solicitations.

Blake
06-18-2009, 04:45 PM
You only answer your door if someone calls first?

I do the same.

Any time the door bell rings and we aren't expecting any one, it can't be anyone we want to see.

EricB
06-18-2009, 06:42 PM
No freakin' idea.

This is the second time. Last time the neighbors on the other side were having some cable issues. We woke up one morning and the workers were inside our backyard setting up bright orange neon flags everywhere and putting down orange lines in our yard. I asked WTF, and they said, "We might have to dig." :wtf I said, "You can't just bust in our yard and start working" and they said, "Sorry, we are just contractors going by instructions.. someone should have told you."

Thats when I would've gotten names and an attorney called and supervisors would've been nailed to a damn door.

Unacceptable for someone to violate someone's private property like that.

EricB
06-18-2009, 06:46 PM

GTG after they got the dog

"Hey looter"

:laughter:

poor kori drowned out by the laughter

"ITS DEUCE!"

:lmao

mookie2001
06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
choderegulators neighbors own his ass
they wont let him drink beer or bbq in his backyard

or put his radio on like quarter volume

mookie2001
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
i always answer the door, if i were going to break into someones house or go on their property, i would knock on the door first to see if anyone was home.

SnakeBoy
06-18-2009, 07:07 PM
I had a similar thing happen except it was the guy I called to fix my well. He said he'd be there in the afternoon but instead came really early and just went in the back, did his work, and left without closing the gate. When my wife got up she let the dogs out. Luckily when she was going to work she spotted them running around the neighborhood. Anyway, I keep a lock on my gate now so it won't happen again.

ploto
06-18-2009, 07:55 PM
On my gate:

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/photos/padlock-and-key.jpg

Kori Ellis
06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
GTG after they got the dog

"Hey looter"

:laughter:

poor kori drowned out by the laughter

"ITS DEUCE!"

:lmao

Yeah it was so funny that people were actually sending me PM's cussing me out for not "listening to the forum" about naming my dog. :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I can't tell but I hope you are being sarcastic because that is not the case.

And Kori, no offense but do you live in the ghetto? You only answer your door if someone calls first?

But back to the topic at hand I would definitely be going over to the neighbors and giving them an earful. Plus contacting the contractors.

if there's a motherfucker in my yard, and he has a hammer i'm shooting his ass. At the ver least i'm pulling a gran turino and holding my gun up saying
"get off my lawn"

Wild Cobra
06-19-2009, 12:07 AM

I've been thinking of investing in cameras myself. Of all things, had to buy a new sprinkler. Someone has even stolen the washers out of my garden hoses. Piddlyass shit, but it's the principle. I want to know who to file a police report against.

On my gate:

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/photos/padlock-and-key.jpg
Shouldn't have to.

urunobili
06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
I would have done 3 4 different things... here the list:

1) after they left the bricks and they left i would have put them indoors and then repeatedly not answer the door bell.
2) after you detect the damage done to the back i would have taken pictures and called an attorney
3) after they say something like "they should have sent you an email" i would have shown the man why in the US you are allowed to have guns and tell them to stay away from your property unless they bring the necessary documents stating that they can do such thing
4) sue the shit out of them

sabar
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Pad lock on my gate. Thug kids hang out in this alleyway next door, don't trust them at all. Gate is the only thing separating my pets from becoming road kill.

angel_luv
06-19-2009, 02:00 PM
I am glad Deuce is safe Kori. Sorry to hear about how you had to deal with him being let out. I know it was upsetting to find him gone.

chode_regulator
06-21-2009, 03:52 PM
if there's a motherfucker in my yard, and he has a hammer i'm shooting his ass. At the ver least i'm pulling a gran turino and holding my gun up saying
"get off my lawn"
Ok well don't get mad then wehn you go to jail.

I've been thinking of investing in cameras myself. Of all things, had to buy a new sprinkler. Someone has even stolen the washers out of my garden hoses. Piddlyass shit, but it's the principle. I want to know who to file a police report against.

Shouldn't have to.

Sad the stupid shit people will steal isnt it?

chode_regulator
06-21-2009, 03:53 PM
choderegulators neighbors own his ass
they wont let him drink beer or bbq in his backyard

or put his radio on like quarter volume

:rolleyes

I should have just left your ass downtown to prevent you from slandering my good name. Or just gotten the cops atttention that was sitting in his car one block down. :blah

Slydragon
06-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Pitbull would have kept them out of the backyard.

redskinfan
06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
You need to answer the door, It would suck if something happened to a neighbor and they needed you for an emergency and you dont answer door, kind of shitty..also if you have any utilities located in back yard like cable terminal, phone terminal or CPS terminal it is their property and they have a right to get to it. They knocked and you failed to get out of bed is not their fault. Answer the door next time because you never know....

jack sommerset
06-21-2009, 06:30 PM
http://edge.shop.com/ccimg.shop.com/230000/238100/238123/products/lg_170624855.jpg