View Full Version : Suns to trade Amare for Al Jefferson + 6th pick

Jeremy
06-17-2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/06/jefferson_on_mo.html

EDIT: The rumor was false: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/06/jefferson_stayi.html

dirk4mvp
06-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I didn't think it was possible, but they might just get a big who plays worse D than Amare.

Spursfan092120
06-17-2009, 10:54 PM
I didn't think it was possible, but they might just get a big who plays worse D than Amare.
:lmao:lmao

6th pick might help em out though.

jcrod
06-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Stupid trade on the Wolves side. Al is a great low post scorer. What more is Amare going to give, plus giving up the 6th?

timvp
06-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Holy crap that would be a steal for the Suns. Jefferson is more of a championship level piece than Amare ever was or will be. Plus the sixth pick?

Sun Fan should celebrate if that comes true.

Jeremy

It isn't possible. Al plays better D than Amare, come on. And he's a much, much better rebounder.

This would be an absolute steal for the Suns. It just seems too good to be true.

Thompson
Wow... that seems to be a great deal for the Suns. Who knows if Amare will even come back 100% from the retina surgery, that can be very difficult to recover from. Jefferson can be a really good player (whom I believe has a longer contract than Amare, keeping him tied to the Suns longer), and the 6th pick is icing on the cake.

dirk4mvp
06-17-2009, 10:58 PM
It isn't possible. Al plays better D than Amare, come on. And he's a much, much better rebounder.

This would be an absolute steal for the Suns. It just seems too good to be true.

Jefferson's D is god awful.

Rogue
06-17-2009, 10:58 PM
The 6th pick may turn into Ricky Rubio if the luck is good enough, and Amar'e only has one year left on his contract and isn't very likely to re-sign with a scrub team like the T-Wolves when he becomes free. It seems like the T-Wolves are using their 6th pick to get rid of a garbage contract, but Jefferson is definitely not such a burden considering his youth and potential.

timvp
06-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Jefferson's D is god awful.

Normally it's pretty damn bad. But when he's trying hard, he's pretty good. He's D'ed up Duncan pretty damn well the last few seasons.

Amare's defense sucks no matter what.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Motherfucker, the Suns are doing something right.

Thompson
06-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Hell if they're just trying to dump salary, we should try Oberto, Bowen (who can be cut for half their contracts) and Bonner for him, with or without the 6th. Damn, we never get in on the steals.

timvp
06-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Why would the T'Wolves do this trade? Jefferson loved McHale and perhaps he asked for a trade after McHale was let go. Maybe the Timberwolves didn't want to risk Jefferson not being able to return from the torn ACL.

But Amare on a team with no playmaker and forced to play center?

Sounds like it's going to be a disaster.

Jeremy
06-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Jefferson is signed through 2013? Wow.

Udokafan05
06-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Lakers will probably offer Adam Morrison and t'wolves will accept.

Jeremy
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Why would the T'Wolves do this trade? Jefferson loved McHale and perhaps he asked for a trade after McHale was let go. Maybe the Timberwolves didn't want to risk Jefferson not being able to return from the torn ACL.

But Amare on a team with no playmaker and forced to play center?

Sounds like it's going to be a disaster.

Well, Jefferson did express his displeasure with McHale being let go: http://www.twincities.com/ci_12607391?source=most_emailed

Double-Up
06-17-2009, 11:11 PM
I knew the Timberwolves would fuck up the Garnett trade...dumbasses...:rolleyes

barbacoataco
06-17-2009, 11:11 PM
What does thing mean for Shaq? the Suns wouldn't get rid of both.

Thompson
06-17-2009, 11:12 PM
"...David Kahn is looking to take the [Wolves] into a new direction."

Hell in a handbasket?

KSeal
06-17-2009, 11:20 PM
lol timberwolves

lol rick kamla

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 11:21 PM
That would really suck if it was true.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2009, 11:22 PM
lol timberwolves

lol rick kamla

:lol

baseline bum
06-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Wow. I'd trade Amare for Jefferson in a second, but to get the #6 too!?! What an enormous steal for the Suns that would be.

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 11:26 PM
If this happens, it's up there with Pau Gasol level trade. Al is as skilled a 24 year old you will ever find.

timvp
06-17-2009, 11:28 PM
If this happens, it's up there with Pau Gasol level trade. Al is as skilled a 24 year old you will ever find.

The Gasol equivalent would be Jefferson for Shaq's expiring contract.

Jeremy
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Wow. I'd trade Amare for Jefferson in a second, but to get the #6 too!?! What an enormous steal for the Suns that would be.

I know! I remember just a few months ago people talking about how it was unrealistic for the Suns to able to trade Amare for Jefferson straight up.

Thompson
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Say what you will, some people still believe Amare is a star player. I don't think anyone thought the same of Kwame Brown. As bad as this deal would be, it still pales next to the Gasol trade.

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 11:31 PM
The Gasol equivalent would be Jefferson for Shaq's expiring contract.

I suppose. Al is a lot younger than Pau, though. He's a guy you can build a team around. I think we all know you can't do that with Pau.

dirk4mvp
06-17-2009, 11:32 PM

On one side of the ball.

timvp
06-17-2009, 11:34 PM
I suppose. Al is a lot younger than Pau, though. He's a guy you can build a team around. I think we all know you can't do that with Pau.

Gasol took horrible teams to the playoffs. Jefferson took horrible teams nowhere.

Jefferson is younger so he gets a little bit of a bump but they are about equal in terms of trade value ... especially when you factor in the torn ACL.

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Gasol took horrible teams to the playoffs. Jefferson took horrible teams nowhere.

Jefferson is younger so he gets a little bit of a bump but they are about equal in terms of trade value ... especially when you factor in the torn ACL.

I wouldn't call Gasol's team "horrible". They certainly weren't contenders. But yeah, Jefferson really hasn't shown he could lead a team to the playoffs.

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2009, 11:37 PM
I can't possibly believe this deal will happen. Far too lopsided in Phoenix's favor. It would make much more sense if it was Kevin Love & the 6th for Amare.

BUMP
06-17-2009, 11:45 PM

eh... disagree a team of Gasol, Mike Miller, Jason Williams, Bonzi, Eddie Jones, Battier, and Posey is a lot better than Jefferson, older Miller, Ryan Gomes,Brewer and Love

timvp
06-17-2009, 11:48 PM
eh... disagree a team of Gasol, Mike Miller, Jason Williams, Bonzi, Eddie Jones, Battier, and Posey is a lot better than Jefferson, older Miller, Ryan Gomes,Brewer and Love

When the second best player on your team is Mike Miller and you make the playoffs three years in a row ... that's pretty damn impressive. Take Gasol off those teams and they probably don't win 35 games.

ducks
06-17-2009, 11:49 PM
I can't possibly believe this deal will happen. Far too lopsided in Phoenix's favor. It would make much more sense if it was Kevin Love & the 6th for Amare.

wolves gm might want his players and trade all wolves players

spurs should line up
manu for jefferson :wow

ducks
06-17-2009, 11:51 PM
That would really suck if it was true.

are you afraid of the suns if they get him

monosylab1k
06-17-2009, 11:53 PM
If this happens, it's up there with Pau Gasol level trade.

Not even fuckin close. Maybe if it was Jefferson + the 6th pick for that douche with the ponytail.

Why can't Lakerfan just accept that they got the biggest bullshit collusion gift in the history of basketball? You won a title because of it, be happy and accept it, don't try to deny it every chance you get.

JamStone
06-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Hard to believe because Amare leaves in 2010 anyway, so the Wolves are trading Jefferson plus the #6 pick for cap space? Like they were going to attract players anyway... Are they going to trade Kevin Love and Randy Foye for Larry Hughes too?

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 11:54 PM
ducks, you're penis envy is unbeavable. You always try to talk shit about the Gasol and everything Dodgers.

BUMP
06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
When the second best player on your team is Mike Miller and you make the playoffs three years in a row ... that's pretty damn impressive. Take Gasol off those teams and they probably don't win 35 games.

:lol Mike Miller

and to be fair that team (the one that got swept by the Mavericks) got by with good defense. (2nd best in the NBA that year)

ducks
06-18-2009, 12:01 AM
ducks, you're penis envy is unbeavable. You always try to talk shit about the Gasol and everything Dodgers.

dodgers coach
I will make manny cut hair
after manny gets their
I will let manny do what he wants
why even have torre their then

Blackjack
06-18-2009, 12:03 AM
They did just fire McHale, right?

McHale must've got one last F-U off, by slipping in the paperwork as he left the door...

This would be ridiculous. I wouldn't trade Al for Amar'e straight-up.

Al is basically a smaller version of Tim offensively (not the passer yet, but should come with time) and isn't the pathetic defender Amar'e is, or that others like to claim him to be.

And they get the 6th pick?

So, the Suns would get:

A.) A better championship-type building block

B.) A much better/reasonable contract

C.) A guy who brings humility, (turned down a max contract because he felt he hadn't earned it yet) a good attitude and a better work-ethic.

D.) The 6th pick (Who could potentially be a Nash replacement or a solid contributor for years to come)

And the Wolves get:

Amar'e Stoudemire?

A one-dimensional power-forward, with an over-inflated sense of self-worth, who's likely to bolt after one year in Minnesota, (I can't see him agreeing to an extension before the trade) and a guy who puts you nowhere near contention for the upcoming year.

Jefferson's knee is either a catastrophic fail on the verge, or there's got to be some kind of shady shit going on behind the scenes, if this is true.

monosylab1k
06-18-2009, 12:06 AM
dodgers coach
I will make manny cut hair
after manny gets their
I will let manny do what he wants
why even have torre their then

please die

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-18-2009, 12:09 AM
:lmao

ducks
06-18-2009, 12:10 AM
please die

dodgers lose again to a team not in their division

IronMexican
06-18-2009, 12:11 AM
They also just won a series against a team that wasn't in their division(The Rangers)

RedsLakers24
06-18-2009, 12:11 AM
WTF, whats going on, dont the suns rather have JJ Hickson? JJ Hickson is better than Al Jerferson

ducks
06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
They also just won a series against a team that wasn't in their division(The Rangers)

and they are 5-5 their last 10

KSeal
06-18-2009, 12:13 AM

Stop feeding the troll yo.

BRHornet45
06-18-2009, 12:16 AM
sons this would be a great trade for the Suns .... the fact that Jefferson hasn't made the All Star team in either of his last two seasons is a joke. the dude has averaged 21 points and 11 rebounds over each of the last two seasons. he should have made the team this year over David West. no doubt

ducks
06-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Dodgers' eighth walk-off victory of the season, the most in baseball
their luck will stop soon
tonight they tried to pull it out again late to run this stat up and blew it

Xylus
06-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Amare > Jefferson

But with the 6th pick involved, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

KSeal
06-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Amare > Jefferson

Who do you think the Suns would look to get with the pick?

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Who do you think the Suns would look to get with the pick?

Sarver will probably sell the pick

wireonfire
06-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Amare > Jefferson

AL > Amare. Amare sucks on defense, poor rebounder too.

DPG21920
06-18-2009, 12:55 AM

LMAO at you sons acting like Amare is Kwame and Pau is Jefferson.

ginobili's bald spot
06-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Great trade for the Suns.

Obstructed_View
06-18-2009, 01:20 AM

Gasol turned Kobe into a champion.

KSeal
06-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Gasol turned Kobe into a champion.

Breaking news.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 01:36 AM
I thought Kevin McHale was fired? They apparently found the one person who would be a worse GM.

jman3000
06-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Normally it's pretty damn bad. But when he's trying hard, he's pretty good. He's D'ed up Duncan pretty damn well the last few seasons.

Amare's defense sucks no matter what.

All I know of Jefferson is from what I've seen from watching him play the Spurs. From what I've seen the guy is an absolute beast. He has a very soft hook from up close and a decent 15 foot jumper. I would have thought he was a pretty good defender from what I've seen against Tim... even though I think Tim actually missed a game against the T-Wolves this season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 01:39 AM
We know this is a good trade merely based off the curb stomping Jefferson delivers to Amare whenever they play one another.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 01:45 AM
I seriously doubt how legitimate these rumors are. Every single person who posted in this thread knows it's a rip off for the Suns, however dumb he is Minnesota's GM can probably figure this out.

Blackjack
06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
I just did some poking around (mind of the gutter pervs) and I just can't see this as legit.

Everything I've seen has Minnesota trying to decide between Evans and Curry, but that they're doing everything in their power to acquire the 2nd pick.

Add that to how lop-sided I've already mentioned I view this trade, and I won't believe it until I see it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Amare overrated ass will disappear just like Marion did once this trade happens.

Lakaluva has it nailed. Just like Marion, he'll be exposed for not being able to create his own shot in a traditional offense. Once he left the comforts of the Antoni-Nash offense, it was pretty clear marion couldn't create wind if you gave him a fuckin windmill.

KidCongo
06-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Lakaluva has it nailed. Just like Marion, he'll be exposed for not being able to create his own shot in a traditional offense. Once he left the comforts of the Antoni-Nash offense, it was pretty clear marion couldn't create wind if you gave him a fuckin windmill.

Don't windmills pump water or create electricity if you give them wind?

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2009, 01:56 AM

you know windmills were around before commercial electricity right?

DUNCANownsKOBE2

Stop being a douche you get my point.

timvp
The only way this trade is legit is if the Minnesota GM really wants to trade Jefferson for whatever reason. If he's dead set on trading Jefferson, you'd probably have to trade him for another big. If that's the case, there are that many options out there better than Amare.

But that doesn't explain the draft pick thrown in . . .

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 01:58 AM
The only way this trade is legit is if the Minnesota GM really wants to trade Jefferson for whatever reason. If he's dead set on trading Jefferson, you'd probably have to trade him for another big. If that's the case, there are that many options out there better than Amare.

But that doesn't explain the draft pick thrown in . . .

Kevin McHale's protege must have taken over as GM.

KidCongo
06-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Stop being a douche you get my point.

This would be a steal for the Suns, unless Al's knee is fucked.

KidCongo
06-18-2009, 02:00 AM
you know windmills were around before commercial electricity right?

I do now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 02:01 AM

This would be a steal for the Suns, unless Al's knee is fucked.

Al's knee is no more fucked than Amare's eye.......or Amare's knee for that matter :lmao

KidCongo
06-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Al's knee is no more fucked than Amare's eye.......or Amare's knee for that matter :lmao

Al and Amare haven't returned from this current injuries but Amar''''es knee is stable isn't it?

timvp
06-18-2009, 02:05 AM
A'm'a'r'e's days are over if he loses athleticism. Jefferson probably could survive if he lost athleticism.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Al and Amare haven't returned from this current injuries but Amar''''es knee is stable isn't it?

The doctors say he's going to need another microfracture surgery in 2-3 years.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 02:07 AM
A'm'a'r'e's days are over if he loses athleticism. Jefferson probably could survive if he lost athleticism.

Thanks for stealing my nickname.

timvp
06-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks for stealing my nickname.

:depressed

Stoudemir'e?

Chieflion
06-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Heard about it. If its true, Kerr finally did something right.

KSeal
06-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Kevin McHale's protege must have taken over as GM.

:lol It sure seems like it.

iggypop123
06-18-2009, 02:41 AM
looks like kevin hasnt left quite yet. he is making deals behind closed doors

MiamiHeat
06-18-2009, 02:57 AM
lol

EricB
06-18-2009, 04:35 AM
The Timberwolves are closing fast on the Knicks and Clippers for worst run franchise.

Lars
06-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Surely there are better deals on the table than this.
Bosh, Jamison, McGrady, Allen....?

What is the incentive for Minnesota? What the fuck new direction is he trying to go in?

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-18-2009, 05:32 AM

Oberto, Bowen, sign-and-traded Horry, Marcus Williams, rigths to Splitter + 2 1st round picks for Al Jefferson. That's more like it.

Muser
06-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Is this serious?

:wow

KSeal
06-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Oberto, Bowen, sign-and-traded Horry, Marcus Williams, rigths to Splitter + 2 1st round picks for Al Jefferson. That's more like it.

:rollin

pauls931
06-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Makes you wonder... Is this better than the suns passing on garnet by not offering Stoudamire a year and a half back? Guess Al is a couple years younger than Amare, so that's good...

My main concern is moving forward with an aging nash that probably only has a couple more competitive years left in him. I'm not sure if Dragic can mature in time.

Seems like another big move is necessary unless they think this can stabilize the situation.

See what happens when you let mcHale go? :lol

*sigh* it's just a rumor for now, wait and see...

sribb43
06-18-2009, 07:26 AM
I just wish the Target Center would get buried in the snow so that no one could ever find it again. What a dumb trade for the Wolves. I dont know whats dumber of the trades in recent Wolves history...

Brandon Roy for Randy Foye
OJ Mayo for Kevin Love
Amare for Al Jefferson + 6th pick

sribb43
06-18-2009, 07:27 AM
So what happens to the deadly Nash/Amarea pick n roll? This is all but a sign that Shaq is gone. No way they can play Al and Shaq on the block at the same time. Amare played more off the pick n roll and pick n pop and could shoot from the outside to create space for Shaq

pauls931
06-18-2009, 07:56 AM
So what happens to the deadly Nash/Amarea pick n roll? This is all but a sign that Shaq is gone. No way they can play Al and Shaq on the block at the same time. Amare played more off the pick n roll and pick n pop and could shoot from the outside to create space for Shaq

Like I said, I think there's at least one more big trade in the mix. Yeah, I hate giving up amare, the pick and roll when run worked well and his outside shot developed nicely after he practiced while out the microfracture season... If only he would have played D....

Chieflion
06-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Now that I think more about it, it seems it would be a three-way trade with the Grizzlies.

KidCongo
06-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Makes you wonder... Is this better than the suns passing on garnet by not offering Stoudamire a year and a half back? Guess Al is a couple years younger than Amare, so that's good...

My main concern is moving forward with an aging nash that probably only has a couple more competitive years left in him. I'm not sure if Dragic can mature in time.

Seems like another big move is necessary unless they think this can stabilize the situation.

See what happens when you let mcHale go? :lol

*sigh* it's just a rumor for now, wait and see...

Plenty of capable points available in the 1st round and especially if you got the 6th pick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Idk why so many Suns fans think you need a stud PG to compete.

If the Suns get B.I.G. Al, they should trade Nash for David Lee, and then try to find a stud SG, preferrably Ty Evans. I want Shaq traded if they make this trade I just don't know what they can get.

Mel_13
06-18-2009, 08:41 AM
But the truth is that there have been NO discussions between the teams about this trade.

It is a total BS made up rumor with no legs. The Suns are shopping Amare, but more than likely if they don't find a deal that they love they will keep him and deal with the alternatives at a later date.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1180772&nid=624

pauls931
06-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Idk why so many Suns fans think you need a stud PG to compete.

If the Suns get B.I.G. Al, they should trade Nash for David Lee, and then try to find a stud SG, preferrably Ty Evans. I want Shaq traded if they make this trade I just don't know what they can get.

Didn't hurt your spurs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Didn't hurt your spurs.

huh?

pauls931
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
But the truth is that there have been NO discussions between the teams about this trade.

It is a total BS made up rumor with no legs. The Suns are shopping Amare, but more than likely if they don't find a deal that they love they will keep him and deal with the alternatives at a later date.

This is what I'm afraid of. Then again if Amare stays healthy, I won't complain.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 08:43 AM
if Amare stays healthy

pauls931
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
^^^
Eye injuries are basically freak incidents. You could be the healthiest guy on the planet and a 2Yo with a stick can poke you in the eye and take you out. If he was having problems with the leg he had surgery on, I'd agree with you.

ballhog
06-18-2009, 08:47 AM
They're shopping Amare right now because he wants to go to NY in 2010 and play for
D'Antoni. No way the Wolves take him. Amare is overrated.

sook
06-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Thats a robbery for the suns...Big Al is a monster

pauls931
06-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Thats a robbery for the suns...Big Al is a monster

I'll believe it when I see it. Looks liike Al can operate better around the hoop than Amare who requires a setup from Nash.

sook
06-18-2009, 09:20 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. Looks liike Al can operate better around the hoop than Amare who requires a setup from Nash.

You never seen Big Al Play?

This dude was a flat out BEAST when he did play.

Vs a good defensive C like Yao he had 30/16/2 in the first half last season :wow.

pauls931
06-18-2009, 09:21 AM
You never seen Big Al Play?

This dude was a flat out BEAST when he did play.

Vs a good defensive C like Yao he had 30/16/2 in the first half last season :wow.

Never really seen him play. He's stuck in no man's land in Minnesota without the media hype of Garnet. I think the only reason the wolves would do this is to get a big name in to help get media exposure. Like it or not Amare is damn near a household name for anyone following the NBA at all.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 09:32 AM
^^^this is true good point.

pauls931
06-18-2009, 09:34 AM
^^^this is true good point.

Seriously, I bet ESPN and TNT only said Minnesota or Wolves 4 time this entire season on the air, maybe less.

dirk4mvp
06-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Seriously, I bet ESPN and TNT only said Minnesota or Wolves 4 time this entire season on the air, maybe less.

I think it was less than 4. The only time I remember seeing them on nat'l tv was on nba tv.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 09:41 AM

Thanks for ruining my day :cry:depressed:cry

Kamnik
06-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Sounds unrealistic...

Why would the wolves want to do that?!

If it is true... there must be something seriously wrong with Jefferson that is not out there in the public. Just does not make any sence..

DPG21920
06-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Spurs to get Amare in 5 player swap?

AP The San Antonio Spurs appear to be on the cusp of acquiring Amare Stoudemire sources close to the Suns confirm. The hyper athletic forward is thought to be a list ditch effort for the Spurs in order to provide inside scoring and defense next to Tim Duncan. The Suns in return for Amare will be receiving hot 3 point shooters Roger Mason Jr along with shooting big man Matt Bonner. The Suns will also be receiving the rights to Tiago Splitter and seldom used Bruce Bowen and Fabricio Oberto's partially guaranteed contracts.

www.killbexpress.com

pauls931
06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
www.killbexpress.com

I'd have to kill myself if that happened. I'd rather have them take Amare out to the shooting range and cap him.

DPG21920
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
It is from a viable source. Killbexpress is known around basketball circles.

lefty
06-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Broken link

Great

DPG21920
06-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Broken link

Great

It was a joke. Killbexpress

lefty
06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Nice

pauls931
06-18-2009, 10:34 AM

Thank god. I was a Bonner fan until he proved to be a Boner at the end of the season.

I have a feeling in a day or two the OP will be proven just gossip.

DPG21920
06-18-2009, 10:48 AM
lol, I just did it because it sounded about as reasonable as the initial trade. Made it look professional though...

dirk4mvp
06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
lol, props for that fishsticks.

DPG21920
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
lol, props for that fishsticks.

Ha ha ha, you use stupid cartoon show jokes.

LnGrrrR
06-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Ha ha ha, you use stupid cartoon show jokes.

Don't you get it? Why won't you get it? You're a gay fish...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I admit DPG had me fooled.

lol fishsticks.

DPG21920
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I admit DPG had me fooled.

lol fishsticks.

Its what I do. Not the fishsticks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Minnesota just announced Big Daddy Jefferson is going nowhere. fuck.

pauls931
06-18-2009, 11:20 AM

Figures, sounded too good to be true with the 6th pick thrown in. Gorilla time!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Gorilla time!!!

I wouldn't call watching a blind douche sitting in his ghetto outfits at the end of the bench because of an injury gorilla time.

pauls931
06-18-2009, 11:37 AM

btw, where did you find this? I tried googling and just see Suns and Wolves fan arguing over who's getting screwed.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
btw, where did you find this? I tried googling and just see Suns and Wolves fan arguing over who's getting screwed.

I didn't find it, my friend said the Boston Globe is reporting it and there's no real reason why he would make that up.

sribb43
06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/06/jefferson_stayi.html

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 11:44 AM
If most Minnesota fans think this trade helps their team that is one mentally retarded fan base.

DPG21920
"The Suns sure seem interested in moving him..." I would be as well if I could get a better player and the 6th pick.

pauls931
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/06/jefferson_stayi.html

Thanks.

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
When Amare finds out the suns are trying to trade him he's going to be quite affronted

xtremesteven33
06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
/thread

kcplayboi_26
06-18-2009, 11:48 AM
"The Suns sure seem interested in moving him..." I would be as well if I could get a better player and the 6th pick.

Yea that 6th pick would just be the icing, Wolves would be getting a bigger name and a "all star".....................

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 11:56 AM
When Amare finds out the suns are trying to trade him he's going to be quite affronted

His reaction to the possibility of trades is always good for a laugh. The best was when he said whatever team he goes to better be ready for a title run.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 11:57 AM
If Minnesota is actually saying, "We'll do Jefferson for Amare, but we're not trading the 6th pick," Kerr better say fine and pull the trigger. Jefferson for Amare straight up is still a rip off for the Suns.

manufor3
06-18-2009, 11:58 AM
what a steal this would be!!!

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2009, 11:58 AM
His reaction to the possibility of trades is always good for a laugh. The best was when he said whatever team he goes to better be ready for a title run.

....in the opposite direction

sribb43
06-18-2009, 12:03 PM

JustBlaze
06-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Plus the 6th pick? Holy shit, Minny can't be that stupid, right? If this trade goes through and Amare gets hurt all over again next season...Minny...huge fail.:lol:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I think what he means is the team better win a title really quickly cause the longer he's on the team dividing the locker room the smaller their chances of winning a title get.

layupdrill
06-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Wolves supposedly have declined the deal..hmm wonder why? lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 12:58 PM

Beats me.......who wouldn't want to trade the best young post-up big man in basketball with a great character and work ethic for a blind gorilla that all of his teammates hate?

Mal
06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Are Minny retarded ? Good young forward, for fucking Amare, and also give them 6th pick ?? I don`t get it ? Isn`t Amare free agent next year ? Minny giving future for such moron ? aaaaaa

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Are Minny retarded ?

Eminem
06-18-2009, 01:14 PM
i don't know what it is, but Amar'e is a force to be reckoned with.

jacobdrj
06-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Wow. This is a good trade for the Suns...

McHale is out and the Wolves are still doing stooopid... I guess now that Isiah is out of NY, and Elgin is out of the Clippers, and Jordan is basically stripped of his GM powers, the new whipping boy for the NBA is going to be the T-Wolves... Making Kerr look good...

jacobdrj
06-18-2009, 01:22 PM

Damn!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Seriously though, getting ripped of in a trade by Steve Kerr would be like getting shower raped by the biggest bitch in the prison who up until that point has always been the one getting butt raped.

Chillen
06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
I heard this trade was cancelled, Minny backed out. Thank heavens. That would be highway robbery for Phoenix (Jefferson and the 6th pick in the NBA draft).

iggypop123
06-18-2009, 05:28 PM
i guess they finally escorted mchale off their facilities and they came to their senses. what a stupid trade

rAm
06-18-2009, 05:38 PM
I heard this trade was cancelled, Minny backed out. Thank heavens. That would be highway robbery for Phoenix (Jefferson and the 6th pick in the NBA draft).

(thanks for reminding us what was on the table for this trade... it isn't in the title of the thread or in the title of each post or anything)

RedsLakers24
06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
JJ Hickson >>>>> Al Jeferson

Leetonidas
06-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I think someone showed Minnesota's FO this thread.

Allanon
06-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Two guys with great offense and sucky defense. Grass is Greener kind of Lateral move.

And while we're at it, you could almost throw Chris Bosh into that category...a bit better D than those two but still pretty bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Two guys with great offense and sucky defense. Grass is Greener kind of Lateral move.

Amare's offense is the epitome of overrated.

06-18-2009, 06:43 PM
jefferson would look even better next to a legitimate, defensive center. he doesn't try on defense because he is exhausted on offense but he does play good defense when he really tries. he's also mostly forced to play as center and would be pretty good if moved to his real position at PF. all this would fix his defensive gaps and he definitely plays better defense than amare.

RonMexico
06-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Jefferson is not great at D, but the guy works at his game a lot more than Amare does... Amare has developed a nice midrange jumper and has a high FT percentage, but when he's not getting dunks or nailing 15 footers, he just zones out of the entire game and he has no go-to low post move to get out of a slump.

KidCongo
06-19-2009, 10:54 AM
JJ Hickson >>>>> Al Jeferson

WTF, whats going on, dont the suns rather have JJ Hickson? JJ Hickson is better than Al Jerferson

Same joke twice in the same thread, dam, I know you got to try be funny but change threads at least.

pauls931
06-19-2009, 10:57 AM
can someone just delete this thread?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-19-2009, 11:24 AM
^agreed it's too depressing.

ffadicted
06-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Amare's offense is the epitome of overrated.

Amare's offense breakdown:

75% Steve Nash

20% Suns style of play

5% Legitimate skill

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-19-2009, 02:47 PM

75% Steve Nash

20% Suns style of play

5% Legitimate skill

This is true.

N4th4n
06-19-2009, 02:48 PM

75% Steve Nash

20% Suns style of play

5% Legitimate skill

03-04 The year before Steve Nash came to the Suns. Also worth noting Amare's second year in the league: 20.6 PPG

This was before he developed much of is arsenal and while playing on a team WITH NO POINT GUARD. This was also before SSOL was instituted.

Obviously he can create offense by himself. QED

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-19-2009, 02:53 PM
^If D'antoni let him keep developing his game past that year, then he would have turned into a great individual big man.

Instead, Antoni turned Amare into a one dimensional player dependent on Nash and an up tempo system.

ffadicted
06-19-2009, 03:05 PM
^If D'antoni let him keep developing his game past that year, then he would have turned into a great individual big man.

Instead, Antoni turned Amare into a one dimensional player dependent on Nash and an up tempo system.

This is also true

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-19-2009, 03:16 PM
This is also true

Yup.....if Joe Johnson stayed in Phoenix he'd have the same problem Amare has and would have never developed his great off the dribble game.