PDA

View Full Version : Who will finish his career with the most rings?

200 miles
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Shaq, Kobe or Duncan?

Shaq has no chance with Phoenix but if he is traded to Cleveland...

timvp
06-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Probably Kobe. Players will always be attracted to the allure of the Lakers. They are the most high-profiled team in the league and have unmatched power to attract stars. So even if they need to rebuild again, he'll probably get another at some point before he retires.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Derek fisher and Kobe

Jacob1983
06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Duncan will probably get 2 more.

LeBronMVPjames
06-18-2009, 01:47 AM
LeBron

KSeal
06-18-2009, 02:50 AM
With the talent Kobe has around him and the fact he's only 30 compared to 33 for TD who is struggling with knee problems and a 37 year old Shaq I think you'd have to say Kobe.

VivaPopovich
06-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Duncan. If Phil Jackson retires the Lakers are done. He's the only one in the world that could keep all those hostile personalities together. He's likely to retire.

I can see Pop putting in another 10 years like Jerry Sloan. He already has a good system in place, we just need to rebuild the way the Lakers did. I'm excite for the future, I'm confident in our General

KSeal
06-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Duncan. If Phil Jackson retires the Lakers are done. He's the only one in the world that could keep all those hostile personalities together. He's likely to retire.

I can see Pop putting in another 10 years like Jerry Sloan. He already has a good system in place, we just need to rebuild the way the Lakers did. I'm excite for the future, I'm confident in our General

:rollin It ain't 04 anymore bro. Pretty sure this Laker team gets along just fine. Pau Gasol (I shot 60% yet only get 11 shots and never complain), Lamar Odom (I'm in my contract year but I'll take the benching to let 21 year old Bynum start), Ariza (I'll just play D and hustle 24/7 so we can win) I think Kobe is the only real ego maniac personality and his teammates seem to be fine with it for the most part.

Ghazi
06-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Odds go to Kobe but I wouldn't be surprised if all stayed stuck at 4.

holcs50
06-18-2009, 05:07 AM
As much as it pains me to say it...Kobe. Only blind spurs fans would say TD, there's no way if you look at age and the way the teams are currently assembled that you could say kobe doesn't have the best chance. Shaq won't get another unless he sneaks into a really good situation, say in cleveland if they add someone else quality also they could have a nice team.

TD as much as I'd like to say he gets another, I'm seriously doubting it, just looking at the way the spurs FO works by adding small pieces here and there to the big 3, which isn't working anymore. Age in TD and Gino have hurt, as well as the FO feeling safe to not get any significant frontcourt help, and letting the bench dwindle down to old farts who can't keep up with the younger more athletic players. I can hope they pull something out of their hat and make a big move to help, but that's not how they work. All the teams have been built (luckily) through smart drafts....and horrible ones-see all euro picks since gino. I honestly do think some move needs to be made out of the norm if TD is to have a legit shot at another ring....what that is i don't know, i don't pretend to be an NBA GM, but relying all season on TD, TP,and Gino is now very obviously no longer a viable option. Little help for the guys-and no guys named roger mason don't cut it.

pauls931
06-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Kobe for sure. Still somewhat young, loaded roster...

Stump
06-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Total rings? Kobe.

Rings won as the alpha dog? Duncan.

pauls931
06-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Total rings? Kobe.

Rings won as the alpha dog? Duncan.

Spurs fans should get jobs in marketing...

spursfan09
06-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Probably Kobe. I don't see anybody even challenging the Lakers in the West next year. They could face some tough teams in the East though that will keep him from getting another one.

If the Spurs manage to stay healthy (which I doubt) they could challenge, but guys like Hill and Mason need to play out of thier minds.

stretch
06-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Kobe and Duncan are done winning rings unless they leave their teams, which I don't see happening. Shaq I can see hopping onto another title contender and getting another. My vote goes to Shaq.

sook
06-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Big shot bob'

Frenzy
06-18-2009, 11:35 AM
kobe unless he gets injured....heaven forbid.

eisfeld
06-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Shaq might opt to sign or be traded to a contender and win one more
Kobe can do it himself next year
Duncan can win another too if the frontoffice makes the right moves.

Still I think Shaq and Kobe getting another ring from todays point of view is more likely than timmy getting another one, but this might change even in the next months.

Yuixafun
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Health is wealth.

Besides the Lakers I don't see a team in the West, with all our players healthy, championship ready.

Say Lamar Odom is out for the season and Kobe goes into the playoffs with injured knees while the Spurs roster is intact for the run.

I think Timmy gets his 5th, Shaq stays at 4.. and Kobe finishes with 6, maybe 7.

Allanon
06-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Shaq has 35+ Nash, and Amare; that team is done as currently constructed. Barbosa's best days left with D'Antoni and there's no more Bell/Diaw x-factors.

Duncan has Parker and Manu. Hard to say where they'll be but the supporting cast beyond the Big3 is very doubtful. Mason did a Mo Williams in the Playoffs. Hill is point guard sized but doesn't have PG skills so he's forced to play the two guard. Bonner/KT/Fabricio combined ain't worth 1 Scola. JV/Finley ... no explanation needed.

As for Kobe, he has Pau and Odom in their prime. And Ariza/Bynum/Farmar/Brown waiting in the wings to sustain their run.

The East? Still have the Magic who lost in 5 games to the Lakers.

Cavs? Would have been swept by Pau/Bynum/Lamar.

Celtics? Remember that the Lakers beat the Celtics on Christmas Day...ending their 19(?) game winning streak. They beat them again earlier this year...even without Bynum. Letting Posey walk was probably their biggest championship run mistake.

JamStone
06-19-2009, 05:31 PM

The Lakers don't have any hostile personalities other than Kobe. If anything, Kobe coaches the Lakers this past season, not Phil.

And I think Pop retires when Duncan retires and I don't see Duncan playing another 10 years.

duncan228
06-19-2009, 05:36 PM
And I think Pop retires when Duncan retires and I don't see Duncan playing another 10 years.

I agree, Pop goes when Duncan does. And I think Duncan is done with this contract, in 2012.

TheManFromAcme
06-20-2009, 10:33 AM
:rollin It ain't 04 anymore bro. Pretty sure this Laker team gets along just fine. Pau Gasol (I shot 60% yet only get 11 shots and never complain), Lamar Odom (I'm in my contract year but I'll take the benching to let 21 year old Bynum start), Ariza (I'll just play D and hustle 24/7 so we can win) I think Kobe is the only real ego maniac personality and his teammates seem to be fine with it for the most part.

:toast Amen to that Bud.

If ever there was a Laker squad so united and cohesive it's this one. Kobe LOVES these guys and it's really evident. Sure Kobe has had some issues in the past that I am sure he's out grown. It's easy really. He's won a ring. He's the bonified leader. He has the talent around him. All is good for Kobe these days. All there is to do is just count :lobt2:

Phil IS coming back. Book it.
He's beaten old Red but wants to add a cushion to the lead just in case.

Things are great in Laker Land. :hat

TheManFromAcme
06-20-2009, 10:37 AM
As much as it pains me to say it...Kobe. Only blind spurs fans would say TD, there's no way if you look at age and the way the teams are currently assembled that you could say kobe doesn't have the best chance. Shaq won't get another unless he sneaks into a really good situation, say in cleveland if they add someone else quality also they could have a nice team.

TD as much as I'd like to say he gets another, I'm seriously doubting it, just looking at the way the spurs FO works by adding small pieces here and there to the big 3, which isn't working anymore. Age in TD and Gino have hurt, as well as the FO feeling safe to not get any significant frontcourt help, and letting the bench dwindle down to old farts who can't keep up with the younger more athletic players. I can hope they pull something out of their hat and make a big move to help, but that's not how they work. All the teams have been built (luckily) through smart drafts....and horrible ones-see all euro picks since gino. I honestly do think some move needs to be made out of the norm if TD is to have a legit shot at another ring....what that is i don't know, i don't pretend to be an NBA GM, but relying all season on TD, TP,and Gino is now very obviously no longer a viable option. Little help for the guys-and no guys named roger mason don't cut it.

They are old but not using walking canes. If Manu really conditions himself and heals the way he should and Timmy addresses his knees, they are there. I really think Pop and R.C. are going to pull a rabbit out of their hats this off-season that will take them "just about" to the top. Not the "total" top but enough to contend and knock people out. No way the Spurs just ride into the sunset just yet.

Fabbs
06-20-2009, 10:40 AM
1. The Collusion Scam and eternal b.s. reffing favoritism should keep the Lakers in contention for years. Kobmes cast is all young except for Fisher. Re signing Jameer Nelson types for series changing clutch plays should be a key.

2. Shaq with Cleveland would be interesting. Could the Big Apestotle truly get in shape to play along Lebron?

3. Duncan will allow coatail Pops to continue to drag him down and i don't forsee another title coming his way.

LeBronMVPjames
06-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Lebron James fo sho

Culburn369
06-20-2009, 12:19 PM
They'll be a tipping point for Media concerning LeBron and his lack of ringage. It's early yet though, but, if it comes to that::: oh, me, oh, my are they gonna sit dead in that man's caca. What they did to Michael before he won his will be a full body massage compared to how they'll take off after James.

And frankly, I can't wait. tee, hee.

spursncowboys
06-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Kobe, with how great he is, is on his downhill part of his career. Too much rape and pillaging I guess. There is no way that Kobe's personality, which got him his first four, will have him as a second scorer. If he can repeat then he'll get one more. I think Duncan can get one more-even with the team they had last year, and a healthy Manu. That is the fan in me though.

Spurtacus
06-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Kobe.

Now I will go hang myself.

LakerHater
06-20-2009, 10:44 PM
lebron

agreed!