PDA

View Full Version : If the Suns get Jefferson...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 02:27 AM
It's on faggots. Jefferson > Duncan, Gary Payton said so :lmao

Blackjack
06-18-2009, 02:43 AM
My initial thoughts on the trade: (NBA Forum)

They did just fire McHale, right?

McHale must've got one last F-U off, by slipping in the paperwork as he left the door...

This would be ridiculous. I wouldn't trade Al for Amar'e straight-up.

Al is basically a smaller version of Tim offensively (not the passer yet, but should come with time) and isn't the pathetic defender Amar'e is, or that others like to claim him to be.

And they get the 6th pick?

So, the Suns would get:

A.) A better championship-type building block

B.) A much better/reasonable contract

C.) A guy who brings humility, (turned down a max contract because he felt he hadn't earned it yet) a good attitude and a better work-ethic.

D.) The 6th pick (Who could potentially be a Nash replacement or a solid contributor for years to come)

And the Wolves get:

Amar'e Stoudemire?

A one-dimensional power-forward, with an over-inflated sense of self-worth, who's likely to bolt after one year in Minnesota, (I can't see him agreeing to an extension before the trade) and a guy who puts you nowhere near contention for the upcoming year.

Jefferson's knee is either a catastrophic fail on the verge, or there's got to be some kind of shady shit going on behind the scenes, if this is true.

The logic of the trade not only doesn't make sense, but all the speculation leads to Minnesota trying to either acquire the 2nd pick for Rubio or choosing between Curry and Evans with the 6th.

The Gasol trade gives me pause, but I just can't see this happening.(God? Please don't allow this to happen.:()

VivaPopovich
06-18-2009, 03:06 AM

Um no. Payton was a better point guard then commentator.

I'm not sure what Jefferson can bring to the Suns that J. Rich didn't already fail to bring. their problem is that they dont think about defense the way coach Pop does.

mystargtr34
06-18-2009, 03:28 AM
I think he was joking.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2009, 03:50 AM
this is a bs trade imo

wtf trade 2 good knees for 2 bad knees?

Muser
06-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Amare was never the problem against the Spurs, he always played out of his mind against Duncan.

Chieflion
06-18-2009, 08:02 AM
this is a bs trade imo

No. Trading a handicap for a cyclops.

Mel_13
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
But the truth is that there have been NO discussions between the teams about this trade.

It is a total BS made up rumor with no legs. The Suns are shopping Amare, but more than likely if they don't find a deal that they love they will keep him and deal with the alternatives at a later date.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1180772&nid=624

arodz
06-18-2009, 08:53 AM
George Jefferson??

DisAsTerBot
06-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Um no. Payton was a better point guard then commentator.

I'm not sure what Jefferson can bring to the Suns that J. Rich didn't already fail to bring. their problem is that they dont think about defense the way coach Pop does.

wtf are you talking about??? jefferson is a 4, jrich a 2/3

SenorSpur
06-18-2009, 09:15 AM
...it still will not guarantee them success.

dbestpro
06-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Amare was never the problem against the Spurs, he always played out of his mind against Duncan.

This is why out of all of the free agents for next year I actually think the Spurs will target Amare. Think of the possibilities with Parker and Duncan along side.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Anyone who didn't see that my Gary Payton comment was a joke needs to lighten up.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 09:39 AM
this is a bs trade imo

Neither player has two good knees.

Duncan2177
06-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Big Error on the frontpage of hoopshype.com :lol

http://hoopshype.com/

The Timberwolves are working on a deal with the Suns that would send Al Jefferson and the No. 6 pick to Minnesota for Amare Stoudemire, according to the Boston Globe ... Pistons to express interest in Trevor Ariza? ... No more visits for Ricky Rubio after Sacramento? ... Mario Elie to the Kings? ...

Dex
06-18-2009, 12:11 PM
George Jefferson??

William Jefferson.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Kerr would have fucked it up anyway but following up the trade with a Nash extension which would lead to Nash blaming Jefferson for the fact the other team's PG drops 30 points......it's probably better I'm semi-disappointed now that the trade has been refuted rather than really disappointed a year from now when Kerr will have fucked up what could have been a franchise saver.

DJ_Mac
06-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Thomas Jefferson.

jbspurs
06-18-2009, 04:54 PM
wtf are you talking about??? jefferson is a 4, jrich a 2/3

He was thinking Richard not AL Jefferson.

DynastySpurs210
06-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Thomas Jefferson.

Whos Cares!!! This is SpursTalk.com not SunsTalk.com "DUH"!!!

EmantheSpursFan
06-18-2009, 09:01 PM
An NBA source said today that Minnesota forward-center Al Jefferson is not being traded to the Suns with the sixth overall pick for Suns All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire. An NBA executive told The Globe on Wednesday that the teams discussed the trade. But another source acknowledged the discussion, but also said the Suns were quickly turned down. The source added that the Wolves new general manager David Kahn has even called Jefferson, an ex-Celtic, to tell him the trade would not happen. As for Stoudemire, the cost-cutting Suns definitely seem interesting in moving him and his hefty salary.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59901/20090618/wolves_wont_deal_jefferson_to_suns/#

Chieflion
06-18-2009, 09:22 PM
An NBA source said today that Minnesota forward-center Al Jefferson is not being traded to the Suns with the sixth overall pick for Suns All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire. An NBA executive told The Globe on Wednesday that the teams discussed the trade. But another source acknowledged the discussion, but also said the Suns were quickly turned down. The source added that the Wolves new general manager David Kahn has even called Jefferson, an ex-Celtic, to tell him the trade would not happen. As for Stoudemire, the cost-cutting Suns definitely seem interesting in moving him and his hefty salary.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59901/20090618/wolves_wont_deal_jefferson_to_suns/#
The Suns quickly turned down? Kerr = dumbass

Steve-O-Matic
06-18-2009, 09:32 PM

Read it again. It says that the Suns were turned down (by the Wolves).

SouthTexasRancher
06-18-2009, 09:49 PM
George Jefferson??

:lol:rollin:lol :toast

sananspursfan21
06-19-2009, 10:50 AM
gary payton is kind of an idiot. jefferson is really good, definitely the pf of the future, but he's too much of a tank to even be as athletic as tim duncan is

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-19-2009, 01:15 PM

You're the dumbass for saying the Suns were the hesitant party in that trade.

Kerr called Minnesota up thinking he was playing fantasy basketball and could rip a rookie GM off, and the rookie GM laughed and said go away.

Libri
06-19-2009, 01:28 PM

Payton once said that he preferred Rod Strickland over Tony Parker.

D-ROB 50
06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
You're a dumbass for telling me and everyone else posting you still live with mommy and daddy.

Suns - 0 rings
Spurs - :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

I've met his parents, theyt're lovely peeps.

D-ROB 50
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Gary payton and Chris Webber are the 2 most ignorant commentators in the biz.
Those two morons say axe instead of ask all the time.

Chieflion
06-20-2009, 05:13 AM
Gary payton and Chris Webber are the 2 most ignorant commentators in the biz.
Those two morons say axe instead of ask all the time.

Charles Barkley: Hey, Gary, since you are so smart, why don't I ask you a question?

Gary Payton: Ok, sure, axe me.

The next day, the boss fires him since he asked to be axed.

Yuixafun
06-20-2009, 01:28 PM
You're the dumbass for saying the Suns were the hesitant party in that trade.

Kerr called Minnesota up thinking he was playing fantasy basketball and could rip a rookie GM off, and the rookie GM laughed and said go away.

Reminds me of a scene from the movie Tombstone, where Val Kilmer played the role of Doc Holliday.

Doc Holliday: Oh. Johnny, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now.