PDA

View Full Version : 2012 - New Full Trailer

sonic21
06-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Z_CxIxM0Khg

phyzik
06-19-2009, 08:48 AM
looks intense

cant wait for 2012 when all the sheep go out and stock up on canned food and shit just like Y2K :lol

BacktoBasics
06-19-2009, 08:56 AM
The CGI look a bit contrived and over the top.

Richard Cranium
06-19-2009, 08:59 AM
looks intense

cant wait for 2012 when all the sheep go out and stock up on canned food and shit just like Y2K :lol

Oh Maya!! People will freak out for sure.

lefty
06-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Damn, I completely forgot the end of the world was in 3 years.

I wrote down a list of things I have to accomplish before 2012:

- Lose virginity
- Have my 1st beer
- Get in shape (yeah, so I look sexy when that big waves hits me)
- Get married and have kids

I think I can achieve 1 out of 4.

Dr. Gonzo
06-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Where is John Cusack running to in the movie? If it's the end of the world is there really anywhere he can go?

lefty
06-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Where is John Cusack running to in the movie? If it's the end of the world is there really anywhere he can go?
He is going to the place nobody wants to go to, as he has no choice.

Little Rock, Arkansas.

But as you can see in the trailer, most people would rather die than go there.

Dr. Gonzo
06-19-2009, 09:13 AM
That makes sense. I'm gonna go see that movie.

florige
06-19-2009, 09:16 AM
He is going to the place nobody wants to go to, as he has no choice.

Little Rock, Arkansas.

But as you can see in the trailer, most people would rather die than go there.

:lol

JoeChalupa
06-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Looks pretty cool. I'll wait for the DVD though and hope it comes out before 2012.

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 10:07 AM
If anyone is interested in this stuff (like me), you should read a book called "The Mayan Calender and The Transformation of Consciousness".

JoeChalupa
06-19-2009, 10:09 AM
If anyone is interested in this stuff (like me), you should read a book called "The Mayan Calender and The Transformation of Consciousness".

:tu I've been reading up on this and the cultures of Mexico.

Dr. Gonzo
06-19-2009, 10:18 AM
I think the Mayan calender ended in 2012 because the people got bored making it and said, "fuck it. Let them go farther than 2012." And then they went of to bang virgins and eat some peyote.

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 10:26 AM
There are a lot of crazy misconceptions about "2012" as far as I am concerned. This movie certainly will not help, especially with the people that have very limited knowledge on the subject :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2009, 10:27 AM
I think the Mayan calender ended in 2012 because the people got bored making it and said, "fuck it. Let them go farther than 2012." And then they went of to bang virgins and eat some peyote.^^ I agree.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-19-2009, 10:28 AM
care to expand on that?

SpursStalker
06-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I love John Cusack and therefore will be watching this one.

Seems likes it's gonna be a great flick!!!

Wild Cobra
06-19-2009, 10:42 AM
The CGI look a bit contrived and over the top.
Not very realistic if you ask me.

I think the Mayan calender ended in 2012 because the people got bored making it and said, "fuck it. Let them go farther than 2012." And then they went of to bang virgins and eat some peyote.
The way I look at it, it's just the end of a cycle and the calender starts over from the beginning. I don't recall any indication from their culture that it's the end of the world. It's a series of cycles. Why do people like to make up the "end of the world?" I lost count how many times the world was suppose to live, in my lifetime.

JoeChalupa
06-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Not very realistic if you ask me.

The way I look at it, it's just the end of a cycle and the calender starts over from the beginning. I don't recall any indication from their culture that it's the end of the world. It's a series of cycles. Why do people like to make up the "end of the world?" I lost count how many times the world was suppose to live, in my lifetime.

What I've read I concur. But this is just a movie for entertainment value.

Wild Cobra
06-19-2009, 11:14 AM
What I've read I concur. But this is just a movie for entertainment value.
Yes I agree. I often say something like "because it was in the script" when explaining why something so far fetch happens.

I liked Independence Day a great deal. One of my all time favorite movies. I thought The Day After Tomorrow was a real loser. From the trailer, 2012 appears more like the latter.

I guess what separates them the most for me is the realism. Even though we have no solid evidence of extra terrestrials, the movies was very realistic. Many of the things in The Day After Tomorrow were flat out impossible to happen. They defy physics as we know it. I cannot think of a single thing in Independence Day that defies physics. Don't start by energy weapons, anti gravity, etc. defies physics. Just because we don't know how to do these things does not make it impossible.

dimsah
06-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes I agree. I often say something like "because it was in the script" when explaining why something so far fetch happens.

I liked Independence Day a great deal. One of my all time favorite movies. I thought The Day After Tomorrow was a real loser. From the trailer, 2012 appears more like the latter.

I guess what separates them the most for me is the realism. Even though we have no solid evidence of extra terrestrials, the movies was very realistic. Many of the things in The Day After Tomorrow were flat out impossible to happen. They defy physics as we know it. I cannot think of a single thing in Independence Day that defies physics. Don't start by energy weapons, anti gravity, etc. defies physics. Just because we don't know how to do these things does not make it impossible.

I'm sure Jeff Goldblum knows about these things. After all, he was able to hack in to an alien spaceship computer system in a few seconds with a fucking MAC.

Strike
06-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Looks like it will be pretty, flashy, polished, shiny, and hollow.

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 11:43 AM
care to expand on that?

About the book or the misconceptions? I guess they go hand in hand.

For the most part the Calender is about mapping cycles and events. It is not that they Mayan's were physic, just in tune with the patterns of nature (solstices, weather...).

The "transformation" or the "end of the calender" has been debated about for years. From what I gather there will be an end to our world, just not how this movie portrays it.

Basically the end of the world as we know it means you will see an evolution of sorts in the way people deal with each other, in technology and in what is important. There will be an evolutionary "jump" if you will. The Mayan's have mapped these events out, with some incredible accuracy, and you can kind of think it like steps on a pyramid approaching an apex. Many people will go from placing value on monetary things to the treatment of others along with the types of world leaders changing. People will be drawn to certain types of leaders and the amount of knowledge we have learned over the past 100's of years will happen in then next 10 as we go forward. Think of the concept of "time speeding up".

I am by no means an expert, and sometimes it is hard to follow because of the translation (definitions of their dates and time).

There is some talk of destruction, but it could be by man (religions) along with nature (out of our control), as well as the mind (evolution in our thinking)

One way or the other, believe it or not, it is very interesting stuff. A few things to get you started are that book I mentioned (along with a ton of others), as well as watching these videos and this show:

This is a series of videos by Ian Xel Lungold, very smart, just died of cancer actually. Kind of hoaky looking I know, but good info. I believe the book "Mayan Calender and The Transformation of Consciousness" was somewhat based on these theories and studies.

jEyZFbkvJjw

This is a video on the History Channel that makes it more appealing and reviews multiple sides of the studies. It is called Nostradamus 2012, it reviews many things, but has some Mayan Calender in it.

jF0CHi1RXX0

FaithInOne
06-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Guys, the Mayans found random caves and thought they were portals to Hell.

GMAFB.

That being said, I as well have a Things to do before 2012 List. :lol

Many people will go from placing value on monetary things to the treatment of others along with the types of world leaders changing.
Ahhh, the progressive wet dream is coming!!!!11one

LoL, As Natural Law as my witness....I will resist the collectivist hippy 2012 movement.

JudynTX
06-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD.

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Guys, the Mayans found random caves and thought they were portals to Hell.

GMAFB.

That being said, I as well have a Things to do before 2012 List. :lol

Ahhh, the progressive wet dream is coming!!!!11one

LoL, As Natural Law as my witness....I will resist the collectivist hippy 2012 movement.

It does not say that everyone will be happy and conform to a "hippy movement". There will be huge resistance and transformation, no one said it would be perfect or easy.

Think of how it was with the much older generations that never had technology and how there was resistance and now it has taken over and caused a massive disconnect between Gen X and Gen Y....Although most agree that technology is a good thing, there has been a lot of negative things born out of the increase in knowledge and technology.

BlackSwordsMan
06-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Damn, I completely forgot the end of the world was in 3 years.

I wrote down a list of things I have to accomplish before 2012:

- Lose virginity
- Have my 1st beer
- Get in shape (yeah, so I look sexy when that big waves hits me)
- Get married and have kids

I think I can achieve 1 out of 4.

let's go for a drink and we can accomplish two things on that list :hat

Dr. Gonzo
06-19-2009, 12:55 PM

You are going to bang Lefty?

ManuTP9
06-19-2009, 01:09 PM
movie looks really good

lefty
06-19-2009, 01:37 PM

:lmao:lmao

MannyIsGod
06-19-2009, 01:52 PM
John Cusak? WTF was Nick Cage not available? How will this movie not suck if he's the lead?

Anway, of course the CGI is overthe top and not realistic. Do you really think the movie's subject is realistic?

"Oh man, the way that aircraft carrier flipped was really fake - it would never turn THAT much"

ididnotnothat
06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
I hadn't heard of this movie yet. I like John Cusak though.

jaffies
06-19-2009, 02:30 PM

They're headed to the gym to work out. Followed by Lefty sex.

BlackSwordsMan
06-19-2009, 03:52 PM
yeah work out...

SnakeBoy
06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
"From the director of Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow"

Yeah, that makes me really want to see it.

Strike
06-19-2009, 06:07 PM
"From the director of Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow"

Yeah, that makes me really want to see it.

I almost threw up in my mouth when I saw that.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-19-2009, 06:10 PM
It's plausible that the Mayan's intended the calender to simply reset after the year 2012, with no end of the world intended.

monosylab1k
06-19-2009, 06:27 PM
It looks retarded. Probably will only be marginally better than Transformers 2.

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 06:56 PM
It's plausible that the Mayan's intended the calender to simply reset after the year 2012, with no end of the world intended.

No one knows for sure. It could be mapped out so that is a "reset" date. Think like an ice age (or something of that nature) that happens every "x" amount of years. Something natural that is out of our control, but that we have the ability to survive.

It is debated what it means, just have to find out.

Nbadan
06-20-2009, 02:03 AM
2012 is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius....nothing else...

mFFL03
06-20-2009, 10:13 AM
hmmm....looks like they have an African American president......and so do we.....

what have we learned about this little experiment?

j/j

Wild Cobra
06-20-2009, 11:38 AM
2012 is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius....nothing else...

Well, there are so many disputed ideas over that. However, the precession of the Earth clearly has us in the age of Pisces and doesn't cross the half way point between Pisces and Aquarius until the year 2680. I will argue that the dawning of the Age of Aquarius will be then.

The cycle of the Mayan calender is just over 5126 years and the cycle of precession is currently 25,771.5 years. That makes 2147.625
years for each sign, if they covered the same arc in space.

Now what is interesting is that the rate of precession is not stable. The rate I gave is at the 2000 rate of change. It is is rather erratic. From studying the Milankovitch cycle for Global Warming debates, I found Precession to vary from 25,771.5 to ~21,636 years. The 5126.68 year Mayan Calender if taken out for five cycles is 25633.41 years. Well within the possibility that five cycles is precession of the current period.

From Age of Aquarius (http://www.geocities.com/astrologyages/ageofaquarius.htm):

http://www.geocities.com/astrologyages/images/ve2600adsmall.gif

Milankovitch cycle:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/MilankovitchCyclesOrbitandCores.png

Mister Sinister
06-20-2009, 12:14 PM
It looks retarded. Probably will only be marginally better than Transformers 2.
Hey....what did Revenge of the Fallen do to you? :lol

DPG21920
06-20-2009, 09:48 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/2012-roland-emmerich.html

The End Is Coming in '2012'?
by Jonathan Crow    June 17, 2009

2012 Few people have destroyed the world more than Roland Emmerich. In his mega-hit "Independence Day," aliens laid waste to pretty much every metropolitan center on the planet, and in his eco-thriller "The Day After Tomorrow," much of the northern hemisphere finds itself buried under ice. In his third crack at presenting the apocalypse, this fall's "2012," Emmerich taps into the angst of thousands of astrologers, doomsday enthusiasts, and conspiracy theorists who fear that a massive cataclysm will strike the earth on December 21 of that year. Yet unlike previous dates tied to the Earth's expiration, this one has its roots in various sources throughout history including interpretations of the Mayan calendar, astrology, and the ancient Chinese fortune-telling text the "I-Ching."
Watch the exclusive trailer for '2012' >>

The Mayan Calendar
2012 gained the patina of doom with the best-selling 1966 book "The Maya" by Harvard archeologist Michael D. Coe. He noted that the Mayan culture's famously complex "Long Count" calendar simply ends on 12/21/12, speculating that civilization might come crashing down on that date. Other scholars argue, however, that the Mayan calendar would merely flip over like an odometer that reached 100,000 miles.

Galactic Alignment
Astrologers have also pointed out that during the winter solstice of 2012, the orbital planes of the solar system and the twelve Zodiacal constellations will intersect with the "Dark Rift" -- a black bit of the Milky Way located next to Sagittarius. Some argue this intersection is precisely why the Mayans -- who were brilliant astronomers -- ended their calendar when they did. But other astrologers believe that this conjunction will usher in a great shift in consciousness.

Timewave Zero
And then there's ounterculture thinker Terence McKenna whose Timewave Zero theory -- drawing off of elements from the "I-Ching," the teachings of philosopher Alfred North Whitehead, and modern fractal mathematics -- which determined that 12/21/12 is, you guessed it, the exact date of a profound change in world. Roughly speaking, the Mayans, astrologers and McKenna are all predicting global doom or the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

Sunspots and Pole Problems
So if the apocalypse is set just in time for holiday shopping season three years from now, how exactly will the world end? One theory that actually has some traction in the scientific community is that a solar flare will cause a sudden shift in the magnetic orientation of the Earth's poles, causing all kinds of planetary problems like volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. NASA is predicting strong solar activity around 2012 and there's evidence that the magnetic poles are slowly weakening, something that reportedly presages a reversal. Of course, most scientists think that this reversal will take centuries, not days, to occur.

So how does Roland Emmerich end the world in his upcoming epic "2012"? "Pole reversal," he said in an interview this week. "All kinds of stuff going on. But it's basically major earthquakes and volcano eruptions which kind of cause this global flood."

"We found this obscure theory of 'Earth crust displacement,' written in the '50s by someone called Professor Hapgood. Albert Einstein wrote the foreword to his book. It pretty much [says] every X number of years the whole Earth's crust shifts, all together. We thought that that was a great underlining theory that can explain why there can be a flood."

And what is the director going to do in preparation for that fated date? When asked he said, "I'm a pretty down to earth guy. Even [though] I made movies about aliens, I don't believe in aliens. And I don't believe that the world will come to an end in 2012, but it's a great scenario."

To get a peek at the devastation Emmerich is bringing to the screen in "2012," which he says has more visual effects than any of his previous films, watch the exclusive trailer below.

EmptyMan
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Wow, this movie had a wicked twist I was not expecting.

Spoiler:

Jesus Shows up at the end.

Jesus Godzilla.

boutons_deux
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Opened at $65M US, $225M world-wide.

People believe this true like they believe the Bible is true.

End Times, baby, there's $Bs to scammed off and scaring the dumbed-down naive.

EmptyMan
11-15-2009, 07:44 PM
This movie was horrible.

They took the second most amazing thing to ever happen to the existence of all that we know or think we know and made it completely uninteresting. :lol

florige
11-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Spoilers.....

John Cusack must be Jack Bauer's long lost brother for all the crap he managed to survive in this movie. Either that, or his character was really Clark Kent. Awesome effects though.

Soul_Patch
11-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I pretty much want to go see the over the top effects.