PDA

View Full Version : Sean Elliott Believes Spurs Will Make Some Changes

duncan228
06-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Sean Elliott believes Spurs will make some changes (http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story/Sean-Elliott-believes-Spurs-will-make-some-changes/iA3sT8SXXUeSXfgSCH-F7g.cspx)
Reported by: Don Harris

Video: Sean Elliott: Spurs will have a revamped team next year (http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=5)

SAN ANTONIO -- One of the most beloved players ever to wear the silver and black thinks the Spurs will make some changes for next year.

Sean Elliott was a guest speaker Thursday at a student trainers convention going on in San Antonio.

Elliott talked about his now famous battle with kidney disease. He told the crowd about how a good trainer can add a few seasons to an NBA players career.

And with the draft just 6-days away, we also got his take on what the Spurs may do on draft night.

I know those guys are working behind the scenes. I know Pop and R.C. and Dennis Lindsey are working behind the scenes to try to get some young players in here, some young players that can play, that have some talent, and that can fit in with out big three," Elliott told News 4 WOAI. "So, now I would fully expect us to have a revamped team next year."

The NBA draft is next Thursday night.

samikeyp
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Sean is wise.

to21
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ believes Spurs will make some changes (http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story/Sean-Elliott-believes-Spurs-will-make-some-changes/iA3sT8SXXUeSXfgSCH-F7g.cspx)

Video: Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_: Spurs will have a revamped team next year (http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=5)

SAN ANTONIO -- One of the most beloved players ever to wear the silver and black thinks the Spurs will make some changes for next year.

Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ was a guest speaker Thursday at a student trainers convention going on in San Antonio.

Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ talked about his now famous battle with kidney disease. He told the crowd about how a good trainer can add a few seasons to an NBA players career.

And with the draft just 6-days away, we also got his take on what the Spurs may do on draft night.

I know those guys are working behind the scenes. I know Pop and R.C. and Dennis Lindsey are working behind the scenes to try to get some young players in here, some young players that can play, that have some talent, and that can fit in with out big three," Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ told News 4 WOAI. "So, now I would fully expect us to have a revamped team next year."

The NBA draft is next Thursday night.Still works.....

:D

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Its on. He said this in an earlier interview as well (MDM Interview). We all know the Spurs have to get younger, more athletic and bring in guys who can contribute now if they want to have a legit chance.

Oh yea, they have to stay healthy which becomes more and more difficult at the years go bye.

Libri
06-19-2009, 11:39 AM
This is what I like to hear, that the Spurs are working to revamp the team. :toast

loveforthegame
06-19-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm sure the Spurs (like every other team) are trying to find ways to improve but it doesn't mean it will get done.

I'd love to be proved wrong but I'm not all that hopeful changes will be made.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that they're working hard to revamp the team..but getting positive results is obviously a lot easier said than done..

boutons_deux
06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
so 09/10 is a rebuilding year? that worked out pretty well on 02/03.

mytespurs
06-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, it's easier said than done for the spurs to get younger, productive, athletic players. Hopefully they make good choices that will pay off in the future.

samikeyp
06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Still works.....

:lol

Well played, sir. :toast

NFGIII
06-19-2009, 12:17 PM
No surprise that the Spurs will try to get younger players into the fold for next year. Problem is since they always finish with one of the top records their position is iusually late in the first round. And we all know that this year they don't have a 1st rounder unless a trade is in the works. It will be interesting to see if they do indeed make a trade to move up but somehow I think that might not happen. It's been described as a weak draft and I don't see Pop trading any of the big 3 which would leave only Mason and Hill available as worthwhile candidates.

But they can always invite Gist, Hairston and Williams to camp and see what happens.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-19-2009, 12:25 PM
May I ask why Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ happens when you spell it that way?

Phenomanul
06-19-2009, 12:34 PM
May I ask why Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ happens when you spell it that way?

'Tis a pet peeve of the site owner to see Elliott's name spelled incorrectly...

Blackjack
06-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I saw the interview on 4 last night and the way Sean seemed to smirk when answering the question, it almost seemed like he knew something.

Could've just been some wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for a successful "revamping."

z0sa
06-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I want to see a major trade. It doesn't have to involve Manu or anything, but this team needs "new". A lot of it.

mytespurs
06-19-2009, 01:24 PM
I want to see a major trade. It doesn't have to involve Manu or anything, but this team needs "new". A lot of it.

What type of "major trade" could the Spurs make that would not involve Timmy, Manu or Tony Parker,especially him?

Spurs#1
06-19-2009, 01:33 PM
I was under the impression that changes weren't a choice but a nessecity

iilluzioN
06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
as every year goes by there is more and more talent out there, we just need good scouts to find them.

I'd say in 10 years there will be 10 types of Kobe and Labron type players.... I hope the spurs make a steal this year.

CIA pop working his magic.

dougp
06-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

dougp
06-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

twilo73
06-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I was under the impression that changes weren't a choice but a nessecity

Could not agree with you more. This team needs 4 new young quality faces.

ffadicted
06-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Spurs add two scrubs (one of which might be a half exciting addition) and don't bring back Ime, Vaughn or Gooden.

That will be our offseason activity

DMX7
06-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Sean is wise.

I love Sean. He is wise but he is also a fan. I think he wants that as much as we do but I'm not sure that's what's really going to happen.

TimDunkem
06-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Spurs add two scrubs (one of which might be a half exciting addition) and don't bring back Ime, Vaughn or Gooden.

That will be our offseason activity

Scrub FA's or scrub draft picks?

ffadicted
06-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Scrub FA's or scrub draft picks?

FA lol
Our situation is not looking good

TimDunkem
06-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I'm doubting the FO pulls a rabbit out of their ass this off season. This team is not going to sign a proven player.

xtremesteven33
06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
With a healthy Big 3...Spurs are 1 major role player away from becoming a MAJOR championship contender again.

ffadicted
06-19-2009, 03:45 PM
With a healthy Big 3...Spurs are 1 major role player away from becoming a MAJOR championship contender again.

So are the:

Cavs
Thuggets
Rockets
Blazers
Mavs

not to mention all the other teams that are already major contenders :wakeup

Mr. Body
06-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I'm doubting the FO pulls a rabbit out of their ass this off season. This team is not going to sign a proven player.

This team has pulled a rabbit out of their hat only once, getting Turkoglu and Ron Mercer for nothing several years ago. And that was Sam Presti's doing.

Taking it to the Hole
06-19-2009, 04:11 PM
I just don't want to see and more DRAFT & STASH scenarios. I think we have stashed enough players these past years. It is time to see what they can do, or just give up their rights. We need an impact role player either through free agency or the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if a trade is looming somewhere even if it is just swapping picks. The FO knows it needs and it is going to either take the best available player or use the picks to leverage a trade.

robert1886
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
one thing i dont wanna see is hill getting traded...i will be pissed! he is only going to get better and is a good combo guard

Bruno
06-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Let's hope Sean is right. Otherwise, 09-10 will be a long season.

Spursfan092120
06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Still works.....

:lmao
Gotta love it.

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
"Make some changes" can mean many things. It does not say make "drastic changes", it says changes. The team will look different just because guys like Vaughn and Ime will probably be gone and replaced with some younger players and Ian might earn some minutes.

Other than that, it is hard to see any drastic changes, but if the opportunity is there, I am sure they will look.

Mr. Body
06-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Saying they'll make changes this year is like saying I'll take a crap sometime in the next day or so. Obviously I will. Will it be a magnificent, franchise-changing, contending crap? No, probably not.

D-ROB 50
06-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Saying they'll make changes this year is like saying I'll take a crap sometime in the next day or so. Obviously I will. Will it be a magnificent, franchise-changing, contending crap? No, probably not.

hell you may even take two or three craps by then, don't sell yourself short. dream big!

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Mr. Body knows. I am fully willing and accepting that the Spurs can suck this year if it means they can make a contending move in 2010. It does not bother me one bit. Will it suck during the season? Yes. Will it be annoying listening to people say the Spurs are done and talk trash? Yes.

But if they truly believe in the plan, than I can deal with it for one year.

D-ROB 50
06-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Mr. Body knows. I am fully willing and accepting that the Spurs can suck this year if it means they can make a contending move in 2010. It does not bother me one bit. Will it suck during the season? Yes. Will it be annoying listening to people say the Spurs are done and talk trash? Yes.

But if they truly believe in the plan, than I can deal with it for one year.

The only risk is that what if we get screwed in 2010 and nobody wants to sign with us. It seems that players use us to drive their value up.

DPG21920
06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
The only risk is that what if we get screwed in 2010 and nobody wants to sign with us. It seems that players use us to drive their value up.

That is very true. You have to assume the Spurs FO understands the risks better than we do and will take that into consideration.

Having said that, a plan is just a plan. It could backfire and go wrong. Sometimes even the best laid plans can go awry.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I think Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ is just being optimistic.

Russ
06-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Sean Elliott believes Spurs will make some changes (http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story/Sean-Elliott-believes-Spurs-will-make-some-changes/iA3sT8SXXUeSXfgSCH-F7g.cspx)

Like cutting the advance scout?

bigdog
06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Sean knows exactly what the Spurs are trying to do and what moves they want to make. The problem is those moves might not actually happen, but since he "fully expects" the Spurs to have a "revamped" team next season, I'm going to be optimistic, and expect at least a few moves, even if they're minor moves, but upgrades.

I just want to see a team that can still compete for a championship, that has young, fresh legs. I want the Spurs to be athletic. The best athletes on the team are Parker and Hill, and we need more than that. Here's to a good draft and solid FA pickups and trades this offseason. GO SPURS GO!

lefty
06-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Lolololololololol

Still funny

manu_maniac
06-20-2009, 03:20 AM
We will be better than last season, even if we have the exact same team (we won't), since Ginobili and Mahinmi will be healthy. Also, I think we still have a pretty good chance of getting Austin Nichols. He would be a huge improvement over Udoka. Gist at the 4 will be a good improvement as well.

Bruno
06-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Why would you say that? As long as this team is confident and stays healthy they are championship contenders.

I say that because I disagree with that, even if they are healthy and confident, Spurs will be a championship contender if they basically bring the same roster.
Spurs current supporting cast isn't good enough to put Spurs in the championship contender category for next year.

Streakyshooter08
06-20-2009, 04:24 AM
I say that because I disagree with that, even if they are healthy and confident, Spurs will be a championship contender if they basically bring the same roster.
Spurs current supporting cast isn't good enough to put Spurs in the championship contender category for next year.

That is the biggest question. Are the Spurs a contender with a healthy Ginobili? It is really hard to tell because nobody knows if Gino will be at 100% again. If the Spurs don't manage to add a good wing and a capable center they will still be allright but not good enough to win it all. It is easier said than done but Pop and the front office will do what they can to improve the roster. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

Capt Bringdown
06-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Ron Mercer for nothing several years ago.

Ron Mercer for nothing, quite an achievement.

Avitus1
06-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Sean is a very wise man....

spurspokesman
06-21-2009, 04:22 PM
one thing i dont wanna see is hill getting traded...i will be pissed! he is only going to get better and is a good combo guard
Yeah hill stays. But with the garbage we have he might be the odd man out along with roger

SenorSpur
06-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Sean knows exactly what the Spurs are trying to do and what moves they want to make. The problem is those moves might not actually happen, but since he "fully expects" the Spurs to have a "revamped" team next season, I'm going to be optimistic, and expect at least a few moves, even if they're minor moves, but upgrades.

I just want to see a team that can still compete for a championship, that has young, fresh legs. I want the Spurs to be athletic. The best athletes on the team are Parker and Hill, and we need more than that. Here's to a good draft and solid FA pickups and trades this offseason. GO SPURS GO!

:tu :tu

Good stuff! I concur with every word. :toast

Sissiborgo
06-21-2009, 06:40 PM
I like it!:fro

VivaPopovich
06-22-2009, 03:18 AM
we need a strong center to go alongside Tim, f*** this Matt Bonner weak kickout bull****

Libri
06-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Sean Elliott was right!

Mel_13
06-23-2009, 12:57 PM
I saw the interview on 4 last night and the way Sean seemed to smirk when answering the question, it almost seemed like he knew something.

Could've just been some wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for a successful "revamping."

Good call:toast

lefty
06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Sean Elliott is awesome !!!!

sexinthatsx
06-23-2009, 02:26 PM
the spurs got richard jefferson, so I guess Elliott was right after all!

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Sean went to Arizona too, maybe he was in on it all along?..