PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs can still win 5 championships in 10 seasons

SpursDynasty
06-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Only it will be in the 2002-2012 window.

We have three seasons to win two championships to make it 5 championships in ten seasons..think we can do it?

Discuss.

D-ROB 50
06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
um well that all depends on the FO but hey when it comes to the spurs i always believe.

InK
06-19-2009, 06:30 PM
I would be more then pleased if we can squeze one more:lobt2: in the Duncan era. Nothing to discuss here really, if we don't seriouslly improve on our roster, we don't stand a chance against the Lakers- lets wait and see what happens in the offseason before we start daydreaming wildly.

Thomas82
06-19-2009, 08:24 PM
i would be more then pleased if we can squeze one more:lobt2: In the duncan era. Nothing to discuss here really, if we don't seriouslly improve on our roster, we don't stand a chance against the lakers- lets wait and see what happens in the offseason before we start daydreaming wildly.

+1

Russ
06-19-2009, 09:00 PM
We have three seasons to win two championships to make it 5 championships in ten seasons..think we can do it?

How many plane crashes are involved in this theory? :flag:

Capt Bringdown
06-19-2009, 10:34 PM
No way we could get past the Lakers unless we are gifted an All Star.

Jace
06-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Will Orlando give us Dwight?

arodz
06-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Will Orlando give us Dwight?

Dwight Howard = Chad Johnson

i.e. born loser

freemeat
06-20-2009, 02:18 AM
I'm sure the front office knows that they're gonna have to spend money to make money now. I really think they're going to pull a few moves and find ways to improve real quick. George hill will see a lot of time running the 2, we'll find a decent big and be championship caliber for at least three more years.

JustinJDW
06-20-2009, 03:32 AM
Duncan has 3 years left in his contract, which also ends in 2012. For this 5 out of 10 thing to happen, we need to win 2 out of the next 3 Championships. Pretty tough.

I just want Duncan to win one more. He has 3 more good years left. I just want one more. Just squeeze one more out. That would be great.

VivaPopovich
06-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Only it will be in the 2002-2012 window.

Discuss.

Yes. Greg Popovich is more than a coach, he is also the President. With less bureaucracy the franchise will very much become his vision. He has the capability of building continuous succession plans like Red Auerbach.

Viva Popovich!

LEONARD
06-20-2009, 10:00 AM
If the Lakers win the championship...

I'll leave this forum for life.

I am doing this to prove to everyone how much of a non-factor the Lakers are in the playoffs. They haven't accomplished anything. They just want to come out, shoot some hoops, and BS their way to everything. Not going to get it done in the Finals. Orlando will win the championship. There are no All-Stars other than Kobe on this Laker team. Not an intimidating lineup. Just a bunch of a jump shooters who score off Kobe double teams.

Pussy...

Spurtacus
06-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I'd be happy with one more title before Timmy retires.

iggypop123
06-21-2009, 01:56 AM
need atheltes. and spursdynasty to leave. he is the curse of the spurs.
finley nearing 40, bowen same thing. thomas again the age.

spurspokesman
06-21-2009, 08:38 AM
I would be more then pleased if we can squeze one more:lobt2: in the Duncan era. Nothing to discuss here really, if we don't seriouslly improve on our roster, we don't stand a chance against the Lakers- lets wait and see what happens in the offseason before we start daydreaming wildly.

yea +1

Horse
06-21-2009, 10:05 AM
We can't forget how much Manu's injury hurt the last 2 seasons, I really believe if he was healthy we beat the lakers and probly the celtics in 08. If he comes back strong, we go with G. Hill and some of the younger guys contribute we're right there. We see Timmy still steps up when the lights come on. Go Spurs Go!