PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Or No Repeat?

carrao45
06-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Suprizingly I have not seen a thread about this.
Will the Lakers repeat? Or not?:lobt:???

Amaso
06-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Yes, they'll beat the Celtics in the finals.

carrao45
06-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Yes, they'll beat the Celtics in the finals.

That is my dream scenario.
I want KG to get laid out by Lamar, and The Lake Show gets the :lobt:

nevitt_&_smrek
06-20-2009, 01:59 AM
Too early to say. Wait for things to play out in the next few weeks. Also try enjoy the one the Lakers just won. You never know what the future might bring.

JamStone
06-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Too many variables to predict at this point, especially and obviously whether the team stays healthy and how re-signing / extending Odom and Ariza end up working out. Phil Jackson returning also plays a factor.While it seemed like a lot of teams repeated in the late 80s through the 90s, it hasn't been as much the case in this decade. The Lakers should still be very strong next year, but repeating is one of the hardest things to do in sports. Right now, I'd say no. But, come back to this next year around March, and that will be a better gauge of whether the team has what it takes to do it again.

Medvedenko
06-20-2009, 02:21 AM
If all things stay the same as in rosters today...I say why not...however with free agency and the draft coming up, it's a wait and see process.

iggypop123
06-20-2009, 02:34 AM
not only has Free agency not passed. the draft hasnt even happened.

Lars
06-20-2009, 02:57 AM
Ask me again after the draft and all free agents are signed.

VivaPopovich
06-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Not.

afireinside20
06-20-2009, 04:16 AM
They have a strong chance of doing so with the players they have. However, it is still too early to tell. Plus I think next years Spurs are going to be very, very motivated. So we'll see :P

KSeal
06-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Not.

Just like how Kobe will not win a ring without Shaq.

TheManFromAcme
06-20-2009, 06:50 AM
The formula to repeat is simple:

Health + same core + Phil = Repeat

Any deviation off any of these variables will make it difficult.

21_Blessings
06-20-2009, 06:52 AM
It's in the bag. This thread should be about whether or not the Lakers three peat.

Dr House
06-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Is this seriously a question?

As long as Bryant is in Purple and Gold the Lakers will always be champs.

LA is a popular destination. We have it all. Who doesn't want to play for us right now?

The Lakers will be on top for years.

Culburn369
06-20-2009, 09:31 AM
And you know the last thing Adelman told CWEBB was to not leave Horry...

BIG BAD BOB

Ev'ry mornin' at the Staples you could see him arrive
He stood six foot ten and weighed two thirty five
Kinda narrow at the shoulder and narrow at the hip
And everybody knew ya didn't give no lip to Big Bob.
(Big Bob, Big Bob) Big Bad Bob (Big Bob)

Everybody seemed to know where Bob called home
He’d just drifted into town and stayed all alone
He didn't say much, kinda quiet and shy
And if you spoke at all, you just said "Hi" to Big Bob.

Somebody said he came from the Phoenix deserts
Where he got in a fight over a former team mate
And a crashin' blow from a huge white towel
Sent a Texas fellow to LA LA Land-Big Bob

Then came the day at the bottom of the game
When a Daddy cracked and a Kobe started cryin'
Lakers were prayin' and hearts beat fast
And everybody thought that they'd breathed their last-'cept Bob

Through the dust and the smoke of this man-made hell
Walked a giant of a man that the Lakers knew well
Grabbed a caromed sphere, gave out with a groan
And like a giant oak tree he just stood there alone-Big Bob

And with all of his strength he gave a mighty shove
Then a Laker yelled out (I believe it was D. Fish) "There’s a light up above!"
And twelve Lakers scrambled from a would-be grave
Now there's only one left down there-his name CWEBB.

With Bibbys & Predrags they started back down
Then came that rumble way down in the ground
And then smoke and gas belched out of the Magoof Bros.
Everybody knew it was the end of the line for the Sacked Kings

Now they never rebuilt that worthless team
They just placed a marble stand in front of it
These few words are written on that stand
”Don’t leave Horry, Chris.”

[Fade]

*Many thanks to Danny Ainge for making that NBA Championship possible for the Los Angeles Lakers.

21_Blessings
06-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Watch and learn San Antonio. Next season the Lakers will show you what it takes to repeat and become a real dynasty.

modtxspur
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
The lakers title run was the most unimpressive title run ever. Every possible thing that could go in the lakers favor did. I don't remember KG playing, Yao playing the entire series (if i remember right the rockets were giving it to the lakers harder then kobe gives it to vujacic), or manu playing in the playoffs. Not to mention that the Magic had you on the ropes. That series could have easily been 3-1 magic (not to mention that kobe apparently gets away with rape on the court to, seriously I wish there is an NBA ref with the balls to call a foul). The lakers will be good but no chance of repeating...unless memphis would like to trade Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo for Adam Morrison, which is possible

21_Blessings
06-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Please. SA was gifted the Suns series in 07 by a convicted felon and Stern. Then saw the weakest finals team in NBA history in the finals.

Culburn369
06-20-2009, 10:19 AM
The lakers title run was the most unimpressive title run ever. Every possible thing that could go in the lakers favor did. I don't remember KG playing, Yao playing the entire series (if i remember right the rockets were giving it to the lakers harder then kobe gives it to vujacic), or manu playing in the playoffs. Not to mention that the Magic had you on the ropes. That series could have easily been 3-1 magic (not to mention that kobe apparently gets away with rape on the court to, seriously I wish there is an NBA ref with the balls to call a foul). The lakers will be good but no chance of repeating...unless memphis would like to trade Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo for Adam Morrison, which is possible

Don't be bitter, mod. So what if the Lakers have won 4 NBA Championships this decade. It's ok. Your Spurs have done fine. Sure, Duncan is winding down, and Manu's body is compromised, but, you've done yeoman work in leaving the Suns where you found them each and every time. And that's the best thing to Cubby. Hell, I'm proud of ya's for that.

Allanon
06-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Signs appear to be pointed towards a Lamar and Ariza re-signing.

2009/10 is going to be a weak year as teams save up for the "3 years in the making Summer Superstar Free-Agent lotto". Teams would be crazy to make a knee jerk deal and miss out on getting a LeBron/Dwade/Yao/Dirk type of player.

Lakers will repeat without much discomfort.

Question should be whether Kobe ends up with 7 or 8 rings.

TheManFromAcme
06-20-2009, 10:26 AM

I remember reading this same crud 7-8 years ago at another Spurs forum. I'll give you some credit regarding the Rockets. Those boys sure did put a scare in us but to declare that this title run was unimpressive is ridiculous. Would you admit the same had it had been the Spurs in this years playoff run with the same teams and same injuries? My guess is no. It's just hate. Plain and simple. The Magic were the ECC's. Are you down playing that accolade? They are a damn good team. What are you implying? That if it was the Spurs they would have swept them? Come on dude! Be realistic. :bang

blink
06-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Lol, the only reason the lakers won it this year is because celtics wasn't 100%. That's the only way they'll repeat next year, is if the celtics aren't healthy

Culburn369
06-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Lol, the only reason the lakers won it this year is because celtics wasn't 100%. That's the only way they'll repeat next year, is if the celtics aren't healthy

That's fine with me. I just tally 'em up. I never qualify 'em.

Hey, and yer Rockets look just swell::: head first--straight into the earth next to the Jazz, Nuggets and Orlando.

modtxspur
06-20-2009, 11:57 AM
A title is a title, i will give you that. I am just stating that i am unimpressed. The media (BSpn in particular) have been on kobe like a fluffer at a gangbang, i just don't think that they were challenged because the teams with the experience neccesary were banged up this year. Everything that could go right did go right for papa sterns little pricesses. KG and the celtics broke the laker's souls last years but, you think that cause ya'll won more regular season games you could have beaten a healthy celtics team...get real. The lakers are a soft team and i don't feel they will be able to do it again next year. The west will be a dog fight next year and there is always the risk of injury. Lakers repeating...highly unlikely

200 miles
06-20-2009, 12:47 PM
They have a strong chance of doing so with the players they have. However, it is still too early to tell. Plus I think next years Spurs are going to be very, very motivated. So we'll see :P

Fuckin' A.

nevitt_&_smrek
06-20-2009, 01:34 PM
A title is a title, i will give you that. I am just stating that i am unimpressed. The media (BSpn in particular) have been on kobe like a fluffer at a gangbang, i just don't think that they were challenged because the teams with the experience neccesary were banged up this year. Everything that could go right did go right for papa sterns little pricesses. KG and the celtics broke the laker's souls last years but, you think that cause ya'll won more regular season games you could have beaten a healthy celtics team...get real. The lakers are a soft team and i don't feel they will be able to do it again next year. The west will be a dog fight next year and there is always the risk of injury. Lakers repeating...highly unlikely

You don't reach consecutive finals by being soft. Teams that can't seem to do that OTOH...

Culburn369
06-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Yes, the Celtics beat down the Lakers last June. Perkins & Powe especially. And as in '84, the Lakers have that monkey anew on their back. They'd vanquished that simian in '85, but, alas, he is back, not as apparent as then, but, with "your" assistance and Media yet to really grind it home it is coming to the fore. Media's love affair with James blunts this edition of Lakers/Celtics, so, we can't experience the true ferocity of it as it was there in '84-'85 when it finally culminated. If James should again be jettisoned early in the '10 playoffs leaving perhaps the Celtics & Lakers to pitch battle then the fire will be lit, sides drawn, Media going green, Kobe demanding Gasol side him. Howard is just as physical as Perkins & Powe, but, he's not as heartless & without conscience. And that is where Gasol &......Bynum will be tested. It's where Rambis was tested in '84 by McHale and failed. Kobe understands these truths, and is teaching Gasol who is willing to learn.

Jacko
06-20-2009, 02:09 PM
A title is a title. The Lakers were the best team in the league this season, hands down. For everyone saying they wouldn't have gotten past a healthy Boston, what the fuck makes you so sure a healthy Boston beats Cleveland who would have had HCA? And didn't the Lakers BEAT THE CELTICS 2-0 this past season?

A lot of revisionist history here already, not surprised. The haters who said Kobe couldn't do it without Shaq now have to find a new attack so it's predictable that they would now question the legitimacy of Kobe's title. And I don't want to hear any Spur fan talk about an easy title run, your franchise has had plenty.

As to the question at hand as long as the core pieces return (LO/Ariza/PJax) the Lakers will make it back to the Finals. Who's going to challenege them in the West? That's what I want to know.

Culburn369
06-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Who's going to challenege them in the West? That's what I want to know.

Precisely. Yao in Houston is a disaster. Denver is on the cusp of imploding yet again. Portland is a ways away yet. Utah is frazzeled. The Spurs are worn to a nub.

And though I ain't got nothin' against easy street, I'd enjoy Lakers Vs Celtics next June. I want to see Gasol & Bynum stand up to Perkins & Powe.

By default that would mean:

1. Suns O & 42.
2. James denied.
3. Suns O & 42.

Killakobe81
06-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I WANTED the Celtics ...but unfortunately they did not want us ...
Apparentlt Paul Pierce is only a world-beater when he has KG barking behind him ...
I welcome a Celts/Lakers Finals it's what I grew up on ...but I think this time the results will be drastically different.

SpursDynasty
06-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Suprizingly I have not seen a thread about this.
Will the Lakers repeat? Or not?:lobt:???

They had too many breaks this year. No Celtics, no Spurs with a 100% Manu, Yao went out in the Houston series, Orlando missed the winning layup in Game 2 and Kobe's elbow with the game tied wasn't called in Game 4.

In other words, no. They shouldn't even be the champions now. Nothing against the Lakers, they're just an average team who happened to run into lucky breaks.

nevitt_&_smrek
06-20-2009, 04:02 PM
They had too many breaks this year. No Celtics, no Spurs with a 100% Manu, Yao went out in the Houston series, Orlando missed the winning layup in Game 2 and Kobe's elbow with the game tied wasn't called in Game 4.

In other words, no. They shouldn't even be the champions now. Nothing against the Lakers, they're just an average team who happened to run into lucky breaks.

65 wins and consecutive finals = average? They haven't even had a three-game losing streak in over a year.

carrao45
06-20-2009, 04:32 PM

The Lakers beat the celtics by 9 this year.
Then, on the second night of a back to back, third game in 4 days, without their starting center, the lakers beat the Celtics IN BOSTON.
Both times the lakers beat them, the celtics were on a 19 game winning streak and then a 12 game winning streak.
I'd say they would have had a VERY good chance of winning even if the Celtics made the finals

BlackBellamy
06-20-2009, 04:39 PM
No thank you, I've had enough of that.

cobbler
06-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Too many variables to predict at this point, especially and obviously whether the team stays healthy and how re-signing / extending Odom and Ariza end up working out. Phil Jackson returning also plays a factor.While it seemed like a lot of teams repeated in the late 80s through the 90s, it hasn't been as much the case in this decade. The Lakers should still be very strong next year, but repeating is one of the hardest things to do in sports. Right now, I'd say no. But, come back to this next year around March, and that will be a better gauge of whether the team has what it takes to do it again.

I guess the Laker 3 peat doesn't count.

carrao45
06-20-2009, 08:57 PM
I guess the Laker 3 peat doesn't count.

He said "as much"
The 2000's have just the 3-peat

The 90's had: Pistons repeat, Bulls 3-peat, Rockets repeat, Bulls 3-peat

Dominate
06-20-2009, 09:15 PM
If the team stays intact and nothing else really changes significantly, yes, they'll repeat.

benefactor
06-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Is this seriously a question?

As long as Bryant is in Purple and Gold the Lakers will always be champs.

LA is a popular destination. We have it all. Who doesn't want to play for us right now?

The Lakers will be on top for years.
lol 2005

KSeal
06-20-2009, 09:34 PM
65 wins and consecutive finals = average? They haven't even had a three-game losing streak in over a year.

Don't even waste your time responding to SD's BS.

blink
06-20-2009, 09:43 PM
That's fine with me. I just tally 'em up. I never qualify 'em.

Hey, and yer Rockets look just swell::: head first--straight into the earth next to the Jazz, Nuggets and Orlando.

lol dont get so butt hurt. it's not an insult to the lakers, just an observation from games watched (ie the lakers/boston finals). it doesnt look like lakers can beat a healthy boston team but a title is a title.

KSeal
06-20-2009, 09:47 PM
A title is a title. The Lakers were the best team in the league this season, hands down. For everyone saying they wouldn't have gotten past a healthy Boston, what the fuck makes you so sure a healthy Boston beats Cleveland who would have had HCA? And didn't the Lakers BEAT THE CELTICS 2-0 this past season?

A lot of revisionist history here already, not surprised. The haters who said Kobe couldn't do it without Shaq now have to find a new attack so it's predictable that they would now question the legitimacy of Kobe's title. And I don't want to hear any Spur fan talk about an easy title run, your franchise has had plenty.

As to the question at hand as long as the core pieces return (LO/Ariza/PJax) the Lakers will make it back to the Finals. Who's going to challenege them in the West? That's what I want to know.

Quite accurate all the way around.

tlongII
06-20-2009, 10:30 PM
No effing way. We're taking over. Now.

KSeal
06-20-2009, 10:36 PM
No effing way. We're taking over. Now.

I'm really hoping the Lakers and Blazers meet in the playoffs this season, will be fun. I also hope we run into the Spurs and Celtics if we make it that far.

carrao45
06-20-2009, 11:07 PM
lol dont get so butt hurt. it's not an insult to the lakers, just an observation from games watched (ie the lakers/boston finals). it doesnt look like lakers can beat a healthy boston team but a title is a title.

The Lakers beat the celtics by 9 this year.
Then, on the second night of a back to back, third game in 4 days, without their starting center, the lakers beat the Celtics IN BOSTON.
Both times the lakers beat them, the celtics were on a 19 game winning streak and then a 12 game winning streak.
I'd say they would have had a VERY good chance of winning even if the Celtics made the finals

Banzai
06-21-2009, 12:57 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/saving_the_internet.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4130)

baseline bum
06-21-2009, 01:11 PM
You never know when another team could swoop in and make moves like Boston or LA did in 07-08. No one had the Celtics even in the playoffs at this time 2 years ago.

Chillen
06-21-2009, 04:48 PM

That Boston team just needed a healthy Kevin Garnett and they could have won the NBA title and repeated. They went to 7 games in the 1st and 2nd rounds without Garnett. In Game 7 vs Orlando they just went out like a flat tire, they fought hard both rounds without KG. They could have easily beat the Lakers in the NBA finals again had they gotten there with a healthy KG. Orlando blew a shot at being up 3-1 on the Lakers. Cleveland would have lost to Boston like they did to Orlando. Boston, that team will be reckoned with next season if Pierce and KG are healthy.

21_Blessings
06-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Boston was demolished two times during the reg season by LAL. They weren't beating the Lakers in a seven game series this year and that's just a fact. One and done.

Chillen
06-21-2009, 04:53 PM

No they should be champions, they won it all. It's just obvious how much breaks they had, so this was their year in 2009. If they repeat and these teams are healthy (Boston, Spurs, Rockets) that would be even more impressive in 2010.

Chillen
06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Boston was demolished two times during the reg season by LAL. They weren't beating the Lakers in a seven game series this year and that's just a fact. One and done.

Your opinion, I disagree. Teams always step it up in the playoffs, Boston did that without KG and played two 7 games series against a pesky Bulls team and just finally went flat against the EC champs the Orlando Magic.

They would have probably beaten LA again in the NBA finals.

just my 2 cents...you obviously disagree.

DrHouse
06-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Your opinion, I disagree. Teams always step it up in the playoffs, Boston did that without KG and played two 7 games series against a pesky Bulls team and just finally went flat against the EC champs the Orlando Magic.

They would have probably beaten LA again in the NBA finals.

just my 2 cents...you obviously disagree.

Without HCA they wouldn't have even made it past Cleveland if healthy. Remember a FAR inferior Cleveland team took them to 7 games and damn near beat them when they were a considerably stronger team with Posey and PJ Brown.

You are no different than all of the other haters out there. It KILLS you that the Lakers won and you absolutely have to do whatever you can to discredit their win.

The fact remains they were the best team in the WC all season long and had a 4-0 record against the Cavs and Celtics. They went out and accomplished everything they could accomplish.

The Lakers will be back to defend their title next season and you will be sitting there with your thumb up your ass.

21_Blessings
06-21-2009, 05:51 PM

The only reason Boston beat the Lakers last season was because Bynum and Ariza weren't healthy. The Lakers proved this season they are a much better team than Boston when healthy. Simple as that.

carrao45
06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
09 Celtics could not beat the 09 Lakers

KSeal
06-21-2009, 06:28 PM
But the 09 Cavs would beat the 01 Lakers :rollin

carrao45
06-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey can anybody tell me how many posts u need before you can put a picture in your sig?

duncan228
06-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey can anybody tell me how many posts u need before you can put a picture in your sig?

It has nothing to do with post count.

Go to your Control Panel, to 'Edit Signature'. You need to host the pic somewhere, like Photobucket, before you can use it here.

There's a tutorial on how to post images on SpursTalk here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/HowTo/BBcode_img.html

nevitt_&_smrek
06-21-2009, 11:40 PM
The only reason Boston beat the Lakers last season was because Bynum and Ariza weren't healthy. The Lakers proved this season they are a much better team than Boston when healthy. Simple as that.

The most important factor from the '08 Final was home court advantage.

'08 Boston vs. '09 Lakers would be an epic series. But I think it's clear '09 Lakers were better than '09 Boston.

carrao45
06-22-2009, 12:04 AM
It has nothing to do with post count.

Go to your Control Panel, to 'Edit Signature'. You need to host the pic somewhere, like Photobucket, before you can use it here.

There's a tutorial on how to post images on SpursTalk here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/HowTo/BBcode_img.html

Oh ok thanks.

21_Blessings
06-22-2009, 08:30 AM
The most important factor from the '08 Final was home court advantage.

No it wasn't. Game 4 proved that.

The most important factor was quite obviously MATCHUPS if you watched the series. With Ariza and Bynum healthy that means Luke Walton, Vlad and FUCKING SASHA (lol trying to guard Allen) wouldn't have seen significant minutes. Remember when Chris Mihm made an appearance haha.

carrao45
06-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Fuck Sasha. I hope he snapps his leg and can never play again

Killakobe81
06-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Even if Boston where healthy they were not as good as last year's team ...theyhad swagger and some clutch moments but they just werent as good last year they kicked our ass ...this year we beat them and they promised it would be diffrent in Boston and we BEAT them again ...coming off a back2back ...the Lakers had no reason to win no Bynum back2back a big national TV game ...but they LOST.
Not our fault they could not defend title and if we keep Ariza and Odom we beat their ass again ...omly advantage they have is Allen if guarded by Fisher and Perkins pushing Gasol out of the paint but if Bynum is healthy they wont have that advantage anymore ...

Besides who knows if Celts can get back to aFinals though the west is deeper East is more top heavy we have a better shot of getting back than they do ...

Killakobe81
06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Boston was great ...LAST year this year aint last year ...

TheManFromAcme
06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Even if Boston where healthy they were not as good as last year's team ...they had swagger and some clutch moments but they just werent as good last year they kicked our ass ...this year we beat them and they promised it would be diffrent in Boston and we BEAT them again ...coming off a back2back ...the Lakers had no reason to win no Bynum back2back a big national TV game ...but they LOST.
Not our fault they could not defend title and if we keep Ariza and Odom we beat their ass again ...only advantage they have is Allen if guarded by Fisher and Perkins pushing Gasol out of the paint but if Bynum is healthy they wont have that advantage anymore ...

Besides who knows if Celts can get back to aFinals though the west is deeper East is more top heavy we have a better shot of getting back than they do ...

Good points.

Not to mention that this Bean-town team was built for the short term and Ainge knows this.

ambchang
06-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Depends if they would run into the Blazers or the Rockets with a healthy Yao.

LEONARD
06-22-2009, 05:15 PM

If the Lakers win the championship...

I'll leave this forum for life.

I am doing this to prove to everyone how much of a non-factor the Lakers are in the playoffs. They haven't accomplished anything. They just want to come out, shoot some hoops, and BS their way to everything. Not going to get it done in the Finals. Orlando will win the championship. There are no All-Stars other than Kobe on this Laker team. Not an intimidating lineup. Just a bunch of a jump shooters who score off Kobe double teams.

Pussy...

nevitt_&_smrek
06-22-2009, 07:42 PM
No it wasn't. Game 4 proved that.

The most important factor was quite obviously MATCHUPS if you watched the series. With Ariza and Bynum healthy that means Luke Walton, Vlad and FUCKING SASHA (lol trying to guard Allen) wouldn't have seen significant minutes. Remember when Chris Mihm made an appearance haha.

Even with the matchup problems, the series was pretty close. The 6th game should not be used as a measure. You should factor in the pressure on the team with the middle three home games. Unfortunately, Boston completed its comeback in game 4, while the Lakers fell short on theirs in game 2. If you recall, the Lakers were one stop away from having a chance to send the game into OT or tie the series 1-1.

Homecourt might have been enough to tip the scales in the Lakers' favor. "Serving first", so to speak, is quite advantageous. If you hold serve, go up 2-0, the series is virtually locked up.

21_Blessings
06-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Lakers couldn't win in Boston with Sasha and Vlad playing that many minutes, sorry. Boston didn't even have to guard LO that series and that doesn't happen with a healthy Bynum in the rotation. KG would have been forced to man up Gasol instead of zoning Kobe. Ariza changes everything defensively and that is where the Lakers truly lost the series. Sasha isn't even a NBA caliber player yet he was out there in the NBA finals trying to guard Ray Allen.

Lakers couldn't win in Boston (0-4) that year with an injury plagued lineup. While Boston could win in LA (2-2). Homecourt didn't mean shit. The Lakers were missing TWO STARTERS, while Boston was starting 3 hungry, healthy HOFs.

bostonguy
06-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Homecourt is nice to have but as I have said over and over and over again, it means jack shit when it comes down to matchups and who the better overall team is. The Cavs had homecourt throughout and the best home record in the league yet what good did that do them? People really overrate homecourt yet year after year yet it isnt what determines who is a better team.

As for the Lakers, if they keep their team intact, I see them being even better next year.