PDA

View Full Version : The day # 21 retires, the haters...

lefty
06-21-2009, 12:03 AM
...will realize what he meant to the game.

While a lot of non-Spur fans admit that TD is an all-time great, there a re still a bunch of non-Spurs fans who underrapreciate him, or just plain hate him.

The thing is, the day he will retire, they will have that weird feeling, and will suddenly realize a legend will just retired.

Oh, and f... you Tacker

timtonymanu
06-21-2009, 12:19 AM
man im really gonna be sad when that day comes. When Bruce, Manu, and Tony retire, I'll feel sad also.

lefty
06-21-2009, 12:41 AM
man im really gonna be sad when that day comes. When Bruce, Manu, and Tony retire, I'll feel sad also.
It will be time to tank a season to get that #1 pick again :lol

Ditty
06-21-2009, 12:49 AM
hopefully we can win 2 more which mean back to back before he retires

DynastySpurs210
06-21-2009, 12:51 AM
ugh!! the times almost close come on Timmy 2 more championships!!!http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/165514/2qx97d3.jpg

SenorSpur
06-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Duncan's presence on the Spurs can be summed simply as this:

No Duncan - no championships.

It's really that simple.

Galileo
06-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Another factor that shows how great Tim is: He joined a team that had not had a lottery pick since 1989, and have not had one since. The Spurs have had one measly lottery pick in 20 years!

Maybe someone can come with the other teams stats on that.

spurspokesman
06-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Duncan's presence on the Spurs can be summed simply as this:

No Duncan - no championships.

It's really that simple.

Exactly. Fo my arse. If this guy didn't fall in our pocket we wouldn't be talking about championships. Spurs have seen there best days. We might not live to see our spurs land a player of his caliber. Great player with all the tools. Smart,humble,fundamentally sound,good attitude towards the game etc. It'll be a tough day for me and a lot of yous. I'm sure of that.

ffadicted
06-21-2009, 04:40 PM
It will be time to tank a season to get that #1 pick again :lol

Amen :toast

SenorSpur
06-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Exactly. Fo my arse. If this guy didn't fall in our pocket we wouldn't be talking about championships. Spurs have seen there best days. We might not live to see our spurs land a player of his caliber. Great player with all the tools. Smart,humble,fundamentally sound,good attitude towards the game etc. It'll be a tough day for me and a lot of yous. I'm sure of that.

Amen. We'll probably never see another great player of his ilk in our lifetime.

VivaPopovich
06-21-2009, 06:05 PM
bowen is a lot closer to retirement than duncan is. that alone will really put me back, bruce is my favorite spur.

i actually think timmy is a long way from retirement. stockton and malone didnt retire until they were 40, and in their final seasons they were still pretty good.

we still have a long way to get there, plenty of championships left in the tank

duncan228
06-21-2009, 06:17 PM
i actually think timmy is a long way from retirement. stockton and malone didnt retire until they were 40, and in their final seasons they were still pretty good.

I think Duncan retires with this contract, in 2012. I don't think it will be a matter of if he can play, I'm sure if he's healthy he could play for years. I think it's just going to be a matter of being done. I see him going out while he's still strong, rather than hanging around through any decline. His resume is incredible, he'll go out as one of the all-time best. His family will still be young, he'll be able to get more time with them. And, it appears that both his knees are going to bother him for the rest of his career. I don't see him playing in pain like that for years.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see him play as long as possible. I thought he was going to retire with this contract when he signed it, the tendonosis and his other knee acting up more this season really convinced me.

galvatron3000
06-21-2009, 06:31 PM
I doubt anyone that hates the Spurs or Duncan will ever change their mind simply because he retires, they'll probably rejoice. Though some may eventually realize how good he was it will no doubt be because they recognize his body of work not because he retired.

Frenzy
06-21-2009, 06:43 PM
if duncan does not get a ring in the next 2 years i can see him extending it a year or 2 just for another try...he's hungry for it..

oh and

:tu

Sigz
06-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Men will cry when Tim Duncan retires.

ducks
06-21-2009, 11:04 PM

why

Strike
06-22-2009, 01:34 AM
I couldn't care less what the haters say or think of Tim Duncan now or when he retires. Haters hate. That's all they do. The shit that people talk about Tim Duncan and the Spurs as a whole means nothing to me besides a small amount of entertainment value.

If people want to hate on #21, let them. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Thomas82
06-22-2009, 08:16 AM
hopefully we can win 2 more which mean back to back before he retires

I would love for that to happen.

lefty
06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I think Duncan retires with this contract, in 2012. I don't think it will be a matter of if he can play, I'm sure if he's healthy he could play for years. I think it's just going to be a matter of being done. I see him going out while he's still strong, rather than hanging around through any decline. His resume is incredible, he'll go out as one of the all-time best. His family will still be young, he'll be able to get more time with them. And, it appears that both his knees are going to bother him for the rest of his career. I don't see him playing in pain like that for years.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see him play as long as possible. I thought he was going to retire with this contract when he signed it, the tendonosis and his other knee acting up more this season really convinced me.

Big men generally get slow faster (if that makes sense) than any other position.

manufan10
06-22-2009, 10:13 AM

+1 :depressed