PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen: No T.D., No Preoblem

Manu20
04-01-2005, 10:31 AM
No T.D., No Problem

http://www.nba.com/blog/blog30.html

Tim Duncan goes down with a severe sprain ankle and what happens? The Spurs initially stumble but then regain their footing and now they're on a roll. Winners of three out of their last four games, it's really amazing that they're playing this type of basketball without one of the best players in the game. You wouldn't expect them to be able to put it together. They've been beating teams. Last Sunday they defeat a Houston team that had won 8, 9 games in a row. They went in there and Manu Ginobili just dominated the game.

I'm not seeing why there are teams that are playing down to San Antonio. Because of what they've done in years past, there should be instant respect any time this team is on the basketball court. They're gonna come at you. Seattle and Houston allowed this team to come in without Duncan in the middle and beat them. That says a lot for Coach Popovich. He has this team prepared and really playing some of the best basketball at this stage of the season. It doesn't matter who's on the floor.

Even though Popovich earned NBA Coach of the Year honors two years ago, it still seems he gets either gets overlooked or people just take the job he does for granted. Whenever a team has two All-Stars, it's very difficult to give the coach a lot of credit. But Pop deserves all the credit in the world for setting that team up and putting them in the right direction. They weren't always a big-time contender. With his guidance and his preparation, he's developed such a strong attitude in this team. They're one of the most fun teams to watch because they're going to be consistent and play with intensity. That says a lot for Pop as a coach. A lot of times a team will take a little dip if they lose their superstar player or they may get out of rhythm and other guys may try to take too many shots. But on this team, it looks like every player gets just as much respect with the basketball and feels just as comfortable making decisions as Tim Duncan does. I think that has a lot to do with the way Popovich coaches his team.

Tony Parker is also a big reason why this team is winning. He fills the numbers up across the board with scoring, assists, steals. He does a great job of getting his teammates involved and pushing the ball up the court. He's also a great pick-and-roll guy. He's still a young player, but he's going to be effective and he's going to continue to get better and build confidence as he goes. I think Tony Parker is capable of being an All-Star player in this league. It's very difficult for him right now because of some of the other players in the league. Guys like Steve Nash, Mike Bibby and Kobe and others keep him from being an All-Star player. But his performance on the basketball court is quality and it's definitely All-Star, superstar-type basketball. I'm sure that San Antonio appreciates having him. There was talk about Jason Kidd signing there a couple years ago, but this kid has a lot more upside right now.

The Spurs are playing great right now and you have to say they're going to play better when Duncan returns. Phoenix is another team out there now that is really feeling good, comfortable and confident about the way they're playing. They feel like they can be the offensive team that can win a championship. We all preached that defense wins championships, but I think the Suns want to prove everybody wrong. They feel like they got guys that can put the ball in the basket as well as defend. I think Phoenix just keeps getting better. They're not at San Antonio's level, but they're gonna get there. Who knows where they're gonna be in the next three weeks? They may end up with the best record and have homecourt advantage. That would be huge for them because they need some home cookin' but they're a strong road team, too. Homecourt advantage would really give them a leg up going into the playoffs. I think people will start to give them a little more credit for the type of basketball they play. Their style could work in the playoffs if they're able to get homecourt advantage.

Still, I think the Spurs have to be looked at as one of the top contenders. They got guys who come off the bench and can put up numbers and I think if they get back healthy and get Duncan back on the court, I think we will see them march right through to the championship.

Ishta
04-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Is this real? Someone actually admitting our team is awesome... FINALLY!!!
About time too!

TwoHandJam
04-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Wasn't Scottie saying we weren't the favorites earlier this year?

Ishta
04-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Nobody ever picks us as favorites, except for Barkley! But I'm not certain about what Pippen said earlier in the season

Manu20
04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah I remember he picked the Heat or Suns I don't remember which one.
There is a lot of love for Pop and Parker in this blog.

circles_eternal
04-01-2005, 03:24 PM

yeah. i remember him saying that Seattle was gonna come out of the WC this year.

Rummpd
04-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Send this column to Vescey who always blasts Pop and did when they lost a couple s/p Duncan's injury.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Nobody ever picks us as favorites, except for Barkley! But I'm not certain about what Pippen said earlier in the seasonYou have GOT to be kidding!!!! We've been considered the favorites to win the title from the beggining of the season by almost every sports analysist on the globe!! Where have you been man?? So we stumbled without Duncan, I think that's the only reason we might not be the favorites NOW, but we've always been the favorites this season.

ZStomp
04-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Is this real? Someone actually admitting our team is awesome... FINALLY!!!
About time too!

What?

This isn't new. Many people have been giving the Spurs props all year. Nothing new.

ZStomp
04-01-2005, 03:55 PM
You have GOT to be kidding!!!! We've been considered the favorites to win the title from the beggining of the season by almost every sports analysist on the globe!! Where have you been man?? So we stumbled without Duncan, I think that's the only reason we might not be the favorites NOW, but we've always been the favorites this season.

Ditto.

Jdspur20
04-01-2005, 05:06 PM
is it possible were a good team???? no, how could anyone think that. :rolleyes

SequSpur
04-01-2005, 06:23 PM
WTF is a preoblem?

Dude! ITS PROBLEM.

Foreigner!

ShoogarBear
04-01-2005, 06:37 PM
yeah. i remember him saying that Seattle was gonna come out of the WC this year.
If Scottie actually said the Seattle was coming out of the West when virtually everyone else picked them for one of the worst records in the league, the man is a genius.

Ishta
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
You have GOT to be kidding!!!! We've been considered the favorites to win the title from the beggining of the season by almost every sports analysist on the globe!! Where have you been man?? So we stumbled without Duncan, I think that's the only reason we might not be the favorites NOW, but we've always been the favorites this season.I'm speaking historically... Everytime Bill Walton for one has a chance he bashes us..Whenever we win it's like "OH where did they come from?" That's what I'm talking about. NOT specifically JUST this year... Just clarifying for myself!:angel
This year we have been picked quite often..................

P.S. I'm not a MAN!!!

SPURSCHAMPS
04-01-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm speaking historically... Everytime Bill Walton for one has a chance he bashes us..Whenever we win it's like "OH where did they come from?" That's what I'm talking about. NOT specifically JUST this year... Just clarifying for myself!:angel

PS I'm not a MAN!!!

I heard Bill Walton compared Spurs to New England Patriots.Tom Brady is just like Tim Duncan.They are both underrated because they are not flashy and they just do their own business......TO WIN.This kinda make me thought that he respects the Spurs despite his bashings though I haven't heard his bashings yet.

Ishta
04-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I heard Bill Walton compared Spurs to New England Patriots.Tom Brady is just like Tim Duncan.They are both underrated because they are not flashy and they just do their own business......TO WIN.This kinda make me thought that he respects the Spurs despite his bashings though I haven't heard his bashings yet.
This is the thing.. Walton has never been a Spurs fan. NEVER... It literally kills him to say a nice word about us USUALLY..As an example.. Before Tim hurt his ankle Walton pregame picks the Pistons.. He will usually pick any team before us. He hates the Spurs.. In years past he's called the Spurs "soft" that is the only thing I was trying to say..

Spurs košarka kultura
04-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I recall Walton calling the Spurs "A very special team" and " very impressive".

Rick Von Braun
04-01-2005, 10:14 PM
WTF is a preoblem?

Dude! ITS PROBLEM.

Foreigner! Dude! IT'S PROBLEM.

Shorty!