PDA

View Full Version : lame ticket i got

stretch
06-22-2009, 12:23 PM
oklahoma sucks. i was speeding (but with the flow of traffic) and ended up getting clocked at 78 in a 60. there had to have been at least 10 other cars right around me all doing the same, a few going slightly slower, and a few going slightly faster, and I'm the one that gets pulled over. bullshit. :bang

according to the options on the ticket, there is no deffered disposition offer, and you can only do defensive driving once every THREE years (gay). is there any other ideas as to ways to handle the ticket to keep it off my record? i obviously dont wanna pay it and deal with raised insurance. if i have to do defensive driving, i will, but i dont know if anyone knows of any other possible loopholes or ideas around this crap.

manufan10
06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Go to Speeders Court on TruTv. :lol

That sucks, I don't seriously know any way to get out of it. I always hate how the cops won't go after the guy that's leading the pack of speeders, but goes after the guys in the middle. It's happened to me once or twice. If the judge is an asshole like the one that I've seen before, nothing will matter, and the cop is always right. :rolleyes

jack sommerset
06-22-2009, 12:32 PM
F Oklahoma

florige
06-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Go to Speeders Court on TruTv. :lol

That sucks, I don't seriously know any way to get out of it. I always hate how the cops won't go after the guy that's leading the pack of speeders, but goes after the guys in the middle. It's happened to me once or twice. If the judge is an asshole like the one that I've seen before, nothing will matter, and the cop is always right. :rolleyes

There was this judge here a few months ago who weren't giving anyone PBJ at his hearings. People were coming up to me afterwards asking me wtf? I had no idea. He was only reducing the fines which was pointless because most people usually only come to court to get the points waived.. People were pissed. They were saying that they would have paid the ticket if they had known that and not wasted their time coming to court. That was a first for me seeing a judge not waive points for offenders who hadn't gotten a ticket in a while.

Big P
06-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Find a traffic lawyer in Ok to take care of it for you. Sure it will cost some $ up front, but you will save $ over the long haul with insurance.

BlackSwordsMan
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
wow you live in oklahoma
lol

florige
06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Find a traffic lawyer in Ok to take care of it for you. Sure it will cost some $ up front, but you will save $ over the long haul with insurance.

Not always. I'm trying to tell you guys it depends on the judge. That same instance I was referring to above some guy had a lawyer. All he got was a reduced fine. That judge didn't give a shit about him having a lawyer. lol

stretch
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
wow you live in oklahoma
lol

i don't live in oklahoma dumbass

Not always. I'm trying to tell you guys it depends on the judge. That same instance I was referring to above some guy had a lawyer. All he got was a reduced fine. That judge didn't give a shit about him having a lawyer. lol

i'm probably just going to do defensive driving. i just gotta make sure i dont get another one within 3 years or i cant do defensive driving. lame.

what if i were to just not pay it, and never go back to oklahoma? i mean since im not in their jurisdiction, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, right?

timvp
06-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Are you talking about Oklahoma, Oklahoma or the commonly held truth that Dallas is in Oklahoma?

johnsmith
06-22-2009, 01:27 PM

i'm probably just going to do defensive driving. i just gotta make sure i dont get another one within 3 years or i cant do defensive driving. lame.

what if i were to just not pay it, and never go back to oklahoma? i mean since im not in their jurisdiction, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, right?

I would definately go with this idea if I were you.

johnsmith
06-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Are you talking about Oklahoma, Oklahoma or the commonly held truth that Dallas is in Oklahoma?

If that's the case, then SA is in Mexico.

timvp
06-22-2009, 01:29 PM
If that's the case, then SA is in Mexico.

Que?

johnsmith
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Que?

Well played.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Why do you give a shit about defensive driving for 3 years if you don't live there? Its not like that would apply to any tickets in Texas. Just do the defensive driving and don't get another ticket in OK for the next 3 years.

florige
06-22-2009, 01:33 PM

That shit is still on your record regardless. You will be fucked when you ever have to go to the DMV to renew something. I know in VA they straight up arrest your ass for not paying a traffic ticket.

stretch
06-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Why do you give a shit about defensive driving for 3 years if you don't live there? Its not like that would apply to any tickets in Texas. Just do the defensive driving and don't get another ticket in OK for the next 3 years.

yeah thats probably what ill just do. just wanting to see if anyone happens to know any other alternatives that could save me the work and money.

stretch
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
That shit is still on your record regardless. You will be fucked when you ever have to go to the DMV to renew something. I know in VA they straight up arrest your ass for not paying a traffic ticket.

gotcha. i figured that kinda stuff would still somehow end up getting you. but i do know of several friends who have gotten tickets in places like idaho and utah and just never paid them, and for years nothing has happened.

FaithInOne
i was speeding (but with the flow of traffic) and ended up getting clocked at 78 in a 60.

lol

stretch

oklahoma city, oklahoma

florige
06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
yeah thats probably what ill just do. just wanting to see if anyone happens to know any other alternatives that could save me the work and money.

You are lucky. They don't offer driving courses here in MD to have points waived. They have driving classes here that you HAVE to attend just so you can keep your license. :lol

J.T.
06-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I would think that going to the OKC municipal court and burning a Colt McCoy jersey would not only get you out of the ticket but also the key to the city and a comp'ed meal at Bennigan's.

pkbpkb81
06-22-2009, 03:58 PM
I would think that going to the OKC municipal court and burning a Colt McCoy jersey would not only get you out of the ticket but also the key to the city and a comp'ed meal at Bennigan's.

that is what you should do

it will work out great

Frenzy
06-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I was eating on the side of the road at an ihop once and I saw cops pull over an entire pack.I saw the cop put his cruiser in front of a 2 lane hwy and pointed out 4 cars and asked them to pull over. Tickets to all. wow...

E20
06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime.

lol i just wanted to say that.

the end

brettn
06-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Same thing happened to me in Austin, except I'm pretty sure in Texas you can take DD if you haven't taken it within the past year. I'm not sure how OK works but I would just reccomend taking the defensive driving online. Most online courses will mail your certificate within a few business days and then you'll probably need to get a copy of your driving record to show you haven't taken a DD course for ticket dismissal or insurance reduction in the past year.

exstatic
06-22-2009, 10:26 PM

To get the Bennigan's meal, you have to actually burn Colt McCoy. Burning his jersey gets you a Whataburger Jr. and a small fries. The drink is extra.

ploto
06-22-2009, 10:33 PM
How is it lame if you were going 18 MPH over the speed limit?

stretch
06-23-2009, 08:35 AM

because there were people directly behind and in front of me going around the same speed, if not faster.

stretch
06-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Same thing happened to me in Austin, except I'm pretty sure in Texas you can take DD if you haven't taken it within the past year. I'm not sure how OK works but I would just reccomend taking the defensive driving online. Most online courses will mail your certificate within a few business days and then you'll probably need to get a copy of your driving record to show you haven't taken a DD course for ticket dismissal or insurance reduction in the past year.

yeah i actually have done DD in the past year for a ticket in Texas. but i have never gotten a ticket in Oklahoma. i will probably just use the same online site i always use (getdefensive.com).

SpursStalker
06-23-2009, 10:53 AM

Because he's the one that got caught ...

:lol

stretch
06-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Because he's the one that got caught ...

:lol

haha

sonic21
06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
that sucks man. I had a "window tint" ticket once. that was BS

z0sa
06-23-2009, 11:55 AM
defensive driving. its in a different state where you shouldn't have more trouble (right?)

Cry Havoc
06-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Buy a Beltronics Rx65 and never worry about tickets again.

z0sa
06-23-2009, 12:11 PM

is that as easy as hooking the hdmi cord into the hdtv that I don't have??

stretch
06-23-2009, 12:17 PM

valentine one >>>>>>>>>> everything else

my friend used to have one, and let me borrow it since he never used it. but i forgot to get it from him this time.