PDA

View Full Version : Coy

Jimcs50
04-01-2005, 11:05 AM
I do not remember a year where there are so many deserving COY candidates.

Some that I think are deserving:

1. George Karl-turned the Nuggets from an under achieving lottery team to a team that nobody wants to play in the first round, as this team can beat anyone with some breaks.

2.Eddie Jordon- Turned a perennial lottery team into a 4 seed who always play hard night in night out. Even with injuries, they still competed.

3.Stan Van Gundy- From last place to 1st place- nuff said.

4. Jeff VG- despite having 24 different players on the roster this year and 13 different starters, he has them ready for the playoffs. Their defense in the West is 2nd only to SA's.

5.Nate McMillan- Turned a lottery team into a division champ. Not one person in this Forum picked them to make playoffs this year, let along win the NW division.

6 Scott Skiles- My favorite to win it this year. Has turned basically the same Chicagteam from a horrible team into a team that has a chance to go deep in playoffs.

7.Mike D'Antoni- Also turned a lottery team into a playoff team, a team that might have the best record in all the NBA.

8.Pop- always should be considered, because he is the best motivator in the league. He always has his team play hard especially on defense and now w/o his star, he has them playing great bball.

Gerryatrics
04-01-2005, 11:15 AM
I would have to go with Nate McMillan out of the bunch, of course I might be biased. But you're right, there are a whole lot of deserving candidates this year.

T Park
04-01-2005, 12:16 PM
IMO, its a tie between McMillan and George Karl.

Eddie Jordan though should recieve heavy consideration, tough choices no question.

Jimcs50
04-01-2005, 12:28 PM
IMO, its a tie between McMillan and George Karl.

Eddie Jordan though should recieve heavy consideration, tough choices no question.

That is what I am saying, there is a case for all.....I do not think anyone will get more than 35% of the vote.

TwoHandJam
04-01-2005, 01:42 PM
McMillan may coach teams well but in my eyes he's a classless bitch. He condones all the crap that his frontcourt thugs perpetrate on the league and doesn't rein in his players when they play dirty, which is most of the time.

Remember in 2001 when we had our last meaningless regular season game against them and Pop had Tim and David sit out? McMillan kept his starters in and ran up the score to 105-67 with punks 360 dunking on our bench even though they weren't making the playoffs.

I remember Pop being incensed and glaring over at McMillan for most of the game. I don't think he even shook hands with him after the game.

mookie2001
04-01-2005, 01:48 PM
i'm going with poppovich

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I think George Karl will be the NBA Coach of the Year and I don't think it will be very close.

(With Skiles coming in second up in Chicago).

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I'd vote for Skiles. The Bulls have played well. He's taken a young group of guys that stunk it up last year and made them perform, and he didn't need Shaq or McGrady traded to the team in order to achieve that.

mookie2001
04-01-2005, 01:59 PM
yeah all he needed was 15 recent 1stround picks

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-01-2005, 02:01 PM
^^^ That never helped the Clippers do much.

Guru of Nothing
04-01-2005, 02:01 PM
6 Scott Skiles- My favorite to win it this year. Has turned basically the same Chicagteam from a horrible team into a team that has a chance to go deep in playoffs.

Where Have I Heard That Said Before? (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5305)

exstatic
04-01-2005, 02:02 PM
3.Stan Van Gundy- From last place to 1st place- nuff said.
:lmao If he had the same team, this MIGHT be an accomplishment. With LARGE acquisitions come large expectations.

Spurminator
04-01-2005, 03:09 PM
George Karl has coached 28 games for the Nuggets. There's no way in hell he wins for half a season.

I vote for Eddie.

circles_eternal
04-01-2005, 03:27 PM
how about rick carlisle? despite losing artest, jackson, o'neal, and tinsley for considerable amounts of time, he still has the pacers heading into the playoffs.

E20
04-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Rudy T?

Manu20
04-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I think it should be Scott Skiles.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
I think Eddie Jordan has done the most with the least. I mean other than Arenas and Hughes, who else does the guy really have? Jamison? Thomas? Dixon? Brown? ehhh

Frenchise player
04-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Among all these successfull coaches, 2 deserves specials credits:
_Scott Skiles who becomes the first coach since Phil Jackson to lead the Bulls to the Playoffs.
_Rick Carlisle overcomes the long injuries and suspensions of his four best players: Artest, O'Neil, Tinsley and Jackson, and still manages to go to the playoffs.

What diferentiate them from the rest is that they have the worst roster. D'Antoni has 3 AS, Mac Millan has 2 + best bench in the NBA, Eddie Jordan has 2 + Hughes, the Van Gundys brothers have 2 of the 3 best SG and the 2 best centers, finally Pop has the best team in the league.
Karl shouldn't be in the list, he coached the Nuggets for 1/3 of the season, it would be like giving DPOY to Kirilenko.

Jimcs50
04-01-2005, 06:12 PM
You da man GON.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
George Karl has coached 28 games for the Nuggets. There's no way in hell he wins for half a season.

Go look at Denver's record over that time since he took over. He's taken a team led by a ball hog ('Melo) and made it into a playoff team and one that no one really wants to play in the west in the first round.

ShoogarBear
04-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Guru of Kluby.

I think it will be between Skiles and McMillan, with Jordan close behind. The Sonics have changed less personnel from last year than the Bulls, so my preference would be Nate, but I think Skiles will win it.