PDA

View Full Version : Should LA Trade Bynum?

Shaquille O'Neal
06-22-2009, 04:49 PM
I certainly would look to trade him. But i dont see any buyers for him.

Seriously Bynum hasn't shown me ANYTHING, the kid is young, injury prone, and a bust as it seems. He doesn't know how to box-out, defend, or rebound and picks up silly fouls. His IQ is questionable at best.

Spurs_9_20_21
06-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah LA should trade him. He would probably get injured again and I don't like it when he picks up silly fouls.

tlongII
06-22-2009, 05:35 PM
No way. He's their only hope of holding off the Blazers.

lefty
06-22-2009, 05:36 PM
No way. He's their only hope of holding off the Blazers.
:lmao

tlongII
06-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I hope we get the Blazers on opening day again... in Portland.

I hope so too. So does everybody in Portland.

Thundaluva
06-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I hope we get those faggots in OKC and Durant makes Oden and Outlaw his bitch.

LeBronMVPjames
06-22-2009, 06:14 PM
OKC is goin to playoffs next year!!!

iilluzioN
06-22-2009, 06:43 PM
lol... wernt you faker fans saying that Bynum had a chance to be the best big man in the NBA?

Now that Kobe fucked up hes knees you guys don't want him anymore.. lol sad... atleast give him a year to fully heal and develop.

Spurtacus
06-22-2009, 06:44 PM
No. Keep him and his fat contract.

KSeal
06-22-2009, 07:23 PM
lol... wernt you faker fans saying that Bynum had a chance to be the best big man in the NBA?

Now that Kobe fucked up hes knees you guys don't want him anymore.. lol sad... atleast give him a year to fully heal and develop.

Where are the Laker fans saying to trade him? It's all the haters who are writing him off. A 21 year old who for stretches has averaged 26 and 14, yeah I think I'd pay him some dough for a few years to see what happens. If he sucks the next three years then don't pick up the option and let him walk but he could very likely turn into a solid center in the NBA.

KSeal
06-22-2009, 08:34 PM
There were stretches where Roger mason was averaging well over 20 points per game doesn't mean we give him a big contract in hopes he keeps it up.

Rule of thumb in the NBA, you will almost always regret giving a young unproven player a lot of money. Look at Jerome James. He had that strong 2005 playoff run and he is probably the most over paid player in NBA history.

Shooting guards are all over and have never been the dominant position in the NBA aside from MJ. Centers have always been the dominate position in the NBA and right now there aren't a whole lot of young up and coming centers so you have to keep one if you get one that shows upside, so I don't blame the Lakers for giving him a contract on potential especially from what he's done before going down the last two seasons.

iggypop123
06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
portland will get to watch us get rings

IronMexican
06-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Who wants to trade Bynum? He's only 21. I will be the first to say he had a very underwhelming season. He still has a lot of upside though.

Chieflion
06-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Who wants to trade Bynum? He's only 21. I will be the first to say he had a very underwhelming season. He still has a lot of upside though.
I agree, though that contract is very much unwarranted.

SouthTexasRancher
06-22-2009, 09:46 PM
I certainly would look to trade him. But i dont see any buyers for him.

Seriously Bynum hasn't shown me ANYTHING, the kid is young, injury prone, and a bust as it seems. He doesn't know how to box-out, defend, or rebound and picks up silly fouls. His IQ is questionable at best.

Yo Shaq, whaz'up! You need to finish your career with the Spurs and you and Timmy can win a coupld more rings!

Chieflion
06-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Yo Shaq, whaz'up! You need to finish your career with the Spurs and you and Timmy can win a coupld more rings!
No one wants an oversized ego, literally and figuratively.

KSeal
06-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Howard, Jefferson, and we'll see on Oden and Griffin. The rest you mentioned, not so much. Even if you want to say Kobe lead a team to a title he still had great post play in Gasol. Centers dominate the league and Bynum has shown great potential for his age, I'm glad he was resigned. Do I wish he was resigned starting at about 8 million rather then 12 and a half, yes, but it is what it is. If anyone can afford it it's the Lakers.

KSeal
06-22-2009, 11:47 PM
If you want to talk numbers then the rookie Brook Lopez put up almost the same PPG RPG and BPG as Bynum last season. Also I believe Marc Gasol put up close numbers as well. Horford isn't too far behind either.

I could spend the next 30 minute posting the season numbers of those young bigs I posted earlier, but I find that this big up and coming center that is getting paid so much next season only averaged around 6 points and 4 boards in the playoffs.

You're correct, Bynum is overpaid and has no future. Marc fucking Gasol is a future stud, I guess you guys can't claim collusion anymore then, now admitting Marc Gasol is legit.

KSeal
06-22-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm guessing that is sarcasim. I never said that Bynum had no future, I was merely stating the facts that you were wrong about how much of an exclusive class Bynum is in in terms of young big men.

I'm not wrong. Marc Gasol or whoever else you threw out there has never scored 42 points in an NBA game or averaged 26 points and 14 rebounds over a 7 game stretch at the age of 21. Comparing stats over the course of a season are completely pointless in this discussion cause every time Bynum has started to get going he has had a fluke injury. Let him get a full year under his belt and then compare stats. The guy was playing fresh off a grade three MCL tear with a huge brace, he was clearly nowhere near 100% in the playoffs.

VivaPopovich
06-23-2009, 02:45 AM
Should LA Trade Bynum?

The only reason why he didnt become an issue is because of Phil Jackson. With Phil out, Kobe-Shaq type drama will start all over again, especially since Bynum knows that other teams are willing to pay him more money and give him more looks than the kind he's getting now.

Trade that primaddona.

DenDen
06-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Bynum on any team besides the lakers, there wouldn't even be treads about him.