PDA

View Full Version : Is this John Goodman in drag?

Jimcs50
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
http://espn.starwave.com/media/radio/2004/0916/photo/a_bueno_frt.jpg

Word is the husband ducked and let the chair hit his wife instead of him.....nice guy. :shock

Shelly
09-16-2004, 07:12 PM
What's that from? Is that the husband and wife? They don't look like they would be together.

Jimcs50
09-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, that is the happy couple, and no they do not look like they would be together at all....

tlongII
09-16-2004, 07:17 PM
That's the lawyer with the woman. If anything, that bandage on her nose is an improvement.

SAmikeyp
09-16-2004, 07:47 PM
so that is what happened to Linda Tripp.

Pooh
09-16-2004, 08:17 PM
The guy with the dark hair is her hubby. You can tell who ate the leftovers at the house. :)

Johnny Blaze 47
09-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Attractive man with an ugly wife in the Bay Area...

*Cough cough McGreevy cough cough*

Shelly
09-16-2004, 09:02 PM
But what's the story behind the picture

Attractive man with an ugly wife in the Bay Area...

:lol If you're gonna pick a beard, at least make it a believable one. Is that what you're trying to say, JB?

Johnny Blaze 47
09-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Actually, I just remember that line from FARK.

There must be some good pussy under that gut.

Betsy
09-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Well I am sure that she will become more goodlooking to men after she gets all the money from the lawsuit.

Johnny Blaze 47
09-16-2004, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't hit it with Mouse's dick.

Betsy
09-16-2004, 09:51 PM
:rollin

Yeah but would Mouse??

Jimcs50
09-16-2004, 11:27 PM
giving Mouse's dick to that woman is like giving a Tic Tac to an elephant.

TastesLikeChicken
09-16-2004, 11:33 PM
giving Mouse's dick to that woman is like giving a Tic Tac to an elephant.

It will freshen her breath?

KoriEllis
09-17-2004, 12:15 AM
You guys are pretty harsh. I didn't realize you all were supermodels.

Jimcs50
09-17-2004, 12:20 AM
We are just screwing around Kori.....she will not read out posts, so no harm done.

pseudofan
09-17-2004, 12:42 AM
yeah, ya'll suck! meanies!!!:p

Johnny Blaze 47
09-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Actually, I haven't worked my way up to supermodel, yet.

Still working the local scene.

Seriously, though. These people aren't endearing themselves to America.

The guy basically said that he got his season tickets there just to heckle the opposing team. Still doesn't justify the chair, but this guy is an asshole if he goes to baseball games just to heckle.

sportcamper1
09-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Jennifer Bueno and her husband Craig hold a press conference in Oakland, California September 15, 2004. Bueno, 41, was injured after Texas Rangers pitcher Franklin Francisco flung a chair into the stands at her husband, who was heckling at the Rangers bullpen, during a game against the Oakland A's on Monday. Bueno ducked and the chair hit his wife. Francisco was arrested and charged with assault.

The story goes far beyond heckling...Craig Brueno admits to yelling lewd & lascivious comments to the Mr. Francisco regarding his wife & mother...Mrs. Francisco had an apparent melt down & flung a chair at the foul mouth fan who had been taunting him all night long... Craig Brueno ducked to safety and allowed his wife to receive the full impact of the chair...Chivalry is alive & well...

Jimcs50
09-17-2004, 01:37 PM
She should sue her husband instead of Francisco, IMO.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Wow...a two-year-old thread. Here's the latest.

----------------------

Playing Hardball
Texas Rangers lawyers are going after Hayward's Craig Bueno, who heckled their pitcher, who threw a chair, which broke the nose of Bueno's wife, who sued the team.
By Will Harper
Article Published Nov 8, 2006

First one of its players threw a folding chair that hit his wife in the face and broke her nose at an A's game two years ago. Now the Texas Rangers are throwing mud at Oakland A's fan and heckler extraordinaire Craig Bueno in court. The team's attorneys are threatening to ruin the Hayward firefighter's reputation, and his marriage, by exposing purported past misdeeds, says the couple's lawyer, Gary Gwilliam. "They're trying to blackmail our client," he says.

The Rangers' attorneys at San Francisco law firm Severson & Werson started playing hardball last month, as Jennifer Bueno's personal injury lawsuit neared trial. They sent subpoenas to the city of Hayward, which employs Craig Bueno as a battalion chief. They demanded his entire personnel file, including any disciplinary records or complaints of harassment, physical assault, abuse of authority, or dereliction of duty. They also subpoenaed Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko to give a deposition on a murky 2003 incident at Shasta Lake.

It recently came out in court that a private eye employed by the Rangers — a team President Bush co-owned in the early '90s — had been asking Hayward firefighters about a naughty picture of a woman that supposedly had made the rounds at Bueno's firehouse more than three years ago. In a sworn statement made on the Buenos' behalf, retired firefighter Russ Bernard said it seemed the PI was trying to "dig up dirt" on Bueno. As Bernard told it, the sleuth suggested that the woman in the photo "was in somewhat of a compromising position. It was also intimated that Craig Bueno may have been in the picture."

Understandably, Bernard wondered what the photo had to do with a case in which a chair thrown by relief pitcher Frank Francisco injured Jennifer Bueno. Gwilliam says the photo, which never surfaced, has nothing to do with the case — just like the other dirt the Rangers have dug up.

The Shasta Lake "incident" was nothing, Gwilliam says, just a hoax started by an anonymous e-mail sent to Hayward councilmembers and fire stations, likely by a disgruntled firefighter. The Shasta County sheriff's office would say only that Bueno was a witness in an alleged sexual assault case in which no one was arrested and no victim ever identified. "They're simply trying to harass Craig and Jennie," Gwilliam says. "And I think they're trying to get them to settle the case."

Even a mediator assigned to the case pulled Gwilliam aside at a conference last month after the Rangers made a "nominal" settlement offer. According to the lawyer's written account of the exchange, the mediator described it as a "blackmail offer" and warned that the Rangers' lawyers were intent on exposing Bueno's supposed misdeeds and "ruining his marriage." "It amounts to extortion," Gwilliam fumes. (A judge has since sealed Gwilliam's declaration describing what the mediator told him.)

Attorneys for the Rangers deny they are trying to smear Bueno, whom they have countersued. "We didn't go digging up dirt — these witnesses came to us," Rangers lawyer Joel Halverson told Alameda County Superior Court Judge Frank Roesch last week.

So Bueno, apparently, has enemies out there willing to dish on him. But how are their allegations relevant to his wife's lawsuit? In court papers, the Rangers attorneys suggest that they want to depose city officials to contradict Bueno's self-serving deposition testimony that he's an unblemished hero. They also want to disprove Jennie Bueno's claim that the chair-throwing incident caused her lasting emotional distress. The Rangers' lawyer said he wanted to show that there are other factors in Jennie's life that are responsible for her emotional distress. (Read: Such as being married to a loudmouth jerk.)

The team also argues that Bueno is at least partially responsible for his wife's injuries because of his outrageous taunting of relief pitchers in the visiting bullpen, which ultimately led Francisco to toss the chair.

Exactly what Bueno said is a point of contention. Gwilliam insists it was good-natured teasing that any big-leaguer should expect. Others say Bueno was saying over-the-line stuff like "I was with your mother last night," and that he told Carlos Almanzar he couldn't make a living as a pitcher and should send his family to Home Depot to find jobs as day laborers. In any event, the Rangers contend in court papers that their investigation shows Bueno to be a shit-starter, "a man who intends to cause trouble and start fights."

Judge Roesch found none of those arguments persuasive, however. He approved Gwilliam's motion to prevent the Rangers lawyers from deposing witnesses to produce what the judge charitably described as "improper character evidence."

Such heavy-handed tactics suggest a lot of money on the line, right? Indeed, Gwilliam says that if Bueno is awarded punitive damages, she could easily win a payout in the "high seven figures."

---------------------

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/Issues/2006-11-08/news/bottomfeeder.html

ShoogarBear
11-09-2006, 05:58 PM
:lol What kind of newspaper allows a reporter to use the term "shit-starter"?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2006, 06:05 PM
:lol What kind of newspaper allows a reporter to use the term "shit-starter"?

Actually, a number of publications considered alternative press will sprinkle "obscenities" if warranted.

Hell, I let obscenities go in The Star if it was warranted and not just using an obscenity for the sake of using one.

It all depends on your audience. It's the same thing with ethical choices as far as graphic photos, etc.

ShoogarBear
11-09-2006, 06:08 PM
It's one thing if you're quoting somebody or writing a column. It's another thing when your supposed to be reporting. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but it immediately had me thinking more about the reporter than the story.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2006, 06:14 PM
It's one thing if you're quoting somebody or writing a column. It's another thing when your supposed to be reporting. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but it immediately had me thinking more about the reporter than the story.

I'm going to forgo the obvious joke and agree with you. It's not really warranted in a news story, but I give a lot more leniency to the alternative press since they tend to tackle stories not hit by major media outlets.