PDA

View Full Version : Damn, there are a shitload of new people

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 04:48 PM
It seems like every big thread has been hijacked by green (literally) posters, how did spurstalk get so popular?

Mark in Austin
04-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Two words;

Eva. Longoria. :lol

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
lmao, it's true the spurs seem to get a lot more press these days

Frenchise player
04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Sean Marks, Rasho Nesterovic, Beno Udrih and others like Hedo Turkoglu are reasons why this board and Spurs in general became popular abroad.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Same people just new screen names everytime the SPURS lose or negative topics about SPURS players or POP.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-01-2005, 05:28 PM
It seems like every big thread has been hijacked by green (literally) posters, how did spurstalk get so popular?

I've noticed that many on this forum are far flung posters. Spurs fans are loyal, and when we're far away, we still bleed silver and black. This forum is great as it provides a place to gather and yak about the team we share. Resistance is futile.

mookie2001
04-01-2005, 05:28 PM
yeah
i'm starting myown spurs website

Guru of Nothing
04-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Two words;

Eva. Longoria. :lol

One word - Mouse.

Dex
04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
At one point, we were all no0bies.

*cue twilight zone music*

o_O

Jimcs50
04-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Mouse and Marcus account for half of all posters in here.

BronxCowboy
04-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Where is MB lately? Any credible leads on his current identity?

Rick Von Braun
04-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Jim,

STOP USING THAT SIGNATURE!!!

I am getting tired of wasting so much time with your posts http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gif

Ishta
04-01-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm sort of new... Let me tell you... I am so glad I found this place.. I have always loved the Spurs through the good and bad. I am not a walking stat sheet, which is ok, but I love the Spurs.....

Rummpd
04-01-2005, 06:35 PM
I for one love the new blood. Welcome one and all.

ShoogarBear
04-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Think of it as your chance to lobby for votes for Poster of the Year, RtD.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Think of it as your chance to lobby for votes for Poster of the Year, RtD.

eh, you guys don't love me, I did not recieve even an honarble mention from anyone other than myself.

Vote for pedro

bigbendbruisebrother
04-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I am not a walking stat sheet, which is ok, but I love the Spurs.....

No, but you have a hell of a v bookie cash to post ratio! I'm betting however you do from now on.

Kori Ellis
04-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Mouse and Marcus account for half of all posters in here.

Mouse has a lot of screen names, but actually Marcus has posted here very, very rarely in the last couple months under any of his names.

As to why it's busier with new people, I think the site is becoming more and more known world-wide, so there's an influx of international posters. Plus every week there's a notice up on WOAI.com about the chatroom/forum here telling people how to sign-up, etc. so that helps too.

milkyway21
04-01-2005, 09:16 PM
One reason: Game Blogs. You can imagine what Spurs fans are thinking while some players missed FTs, after turnovers, how amazed they are when somebody dunks:wow :wow

And which player the Spurs shld trade after the game.:D:D

JoeChalupa
04-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Because this place ROCKS!!

Clandestino
04-01-2005, 09:46 PM
spursreport has banned everyone so they came here!

ShoogarBear
04-01-2005, 10:04 PM
eh, you guys don't love me, I did not recieve even an honarble mention from anyone other than myself.

Vote for pedro
Jim will love you, if you send him a picture.

EasilyAmused
04-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Newbie here! :oops

I found this site through Manu's site. I read a post by a poster and it lead me here. Have been a long time fan of spurs but became a faithful, crazy, can'tmissagameorIflipout fan when Manu joined the spurs- why- because I wanted to support the Latin player! :lol

mouse
04-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Mouse has a lot of screen names, but actually Marcus has posted here very, very rarely in the last couple months under any of his names.

As to why it's busier with new people, I think the site is becoming more and more known World-Wide, so there's an influx of international posters. Plus every week there's a notice up on WOAI.com about the chatroom/forum here telling people how to sign-up, etc. so that helps too.

Kori I may have 10 Screen names but only one at a time shows up on the list of people browsing. And eve if I had 20 screen names? When you divide that into 180 people? that still leaves 179 of hard core Spur and other NBA fans that are learning the hard way that there are very few places where you can go and feel free to post their thoughts without the fear of over moderation, Not to mention that KORI has a reputation around the Media for getting the latest sports updates. I remember ESPN calling Kori on her cell phone asking if Tim Duncan was out for the season, That my friends is the reason I hang around, Funny how she does this without a Radio or TV Station to pump her website. When was the last time you went to FOX ESPN Spurs.com Ticket.com Woai.com Jim Rome .Com and seen this many people on line? And how many pop Ups do you get when you go to those websites?

I think kori and LJ should get the San Antonio small business award for 2005.

anyone else agree....? or do you feel..........

http://img161.exs.cx/img161/2446/datnigascrazy6gh.gif

mouse
04-01-2005, 10:25 PM
spursreport has banned everyone so they came here!

So who do I write the check to? :lmao

milkyway21
04-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Newbie here! :oops

I found this site through Manu's site. I read a post by a poster and it lead me here. Have been a long time fan of spurs but became a faithful, crazy, can'tmissagameorIflipout fan when Manu joined the spurs- why- because I wanted to support the Latin player! :lolhey i like that picture of Timmy tickling Tony :rolleyes . It shows the "other" side of the Stoic Tim Duncan. I saw that too after that Sac-Spurs game and save it for my own Spurs' pictures...

SuBZer0
04-02-2005, 05:20 AM
Is he doing that? I thought he was fingering me lol

stéphane
04-02-2005, 12:09 PM
green poster here
i'm foreigner and i do my best to write in a correct english...
i've been reading this board for a while now but decided only a couple months ago to start posting...due to recent improvements in english...
its quite hard to express something really accurate when you miss vocabulary so if you're not good in english no way you can post an interesting thing or express correctly your opinion...
on the top of that, more and more spurs fans are interested in TP so i thought i could be usefull time to time for some translations... soooooo i registered :)
++post count