PDA

View Full Version : Bad joke: Tony Parker seriously injured in Car accident

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 07:08 PM
AP April 1st 7:02 PM

San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker was seriously injured in an automobile accident along with girlfriend Eva Longoria. The two were rushed to a hospital, neither are in critical condition but reports are already questioning the future of Tony's playing career.

April fools??? :smokin

King
04-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm all for april fools jokes, but this one pushes it too far. It's not real believable, either.

FilSpursFan
04-01-2005, 07:14 PM
april fools?????? :smokin

Oh! I thought he's gonna marry Eva now...

:elephant :elephant :elephant

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm all for april fools jokes, but this one pushes it too far. It's not real believable, either.

in 15 minutes over 30 people have viewed this thread, most probably did so while hyper-ventilating.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-01-2005, 07:20 PM
If you're gonna try and be funny, at least don't say "neither were seriously injured, but Tony's career is in jeopardy."

Weak. Come on R2D, you're better than that.

Dex
Didn't get me. I'm too well accustomed to picking up on the bad jokes at this point of the day.

If you had done it earlier this morning, you might have tricked me.

maxpower
someone needs a new sig.

http://cece.flyability.net/docs/retard.gif

E20
04-01-2005, 07:25 PM
I just pissed my pants!!!!!!

duncan2k5
04-01-2005, 07:31 PM
that was wrong, but it didnt work because we all had our april fools defenses up. it still made me look though...just in case. i hope you didn't jinx him

IX_Equilibrium
04-01-2005, 07:34 PM
not funny and above all, stupid

thispego
04-01-2005, 07:38 PM
it's cool, just sign tj

bravemouse
04-01-2005, 07:45 PM
First of all, I wasn't fooled for one second.
Second, April Fool's is not about telling a lie, but to fool someone into DOING something as a part of the joke (if your objective was to have people read your post then congrats for "fooling" all of us).
Third, what a sad, sad April Fool's to post something like this about Tony Parker. Soon you will probably try to tell us that the Pope is dying...

- bravemouse

exstatic
04-01-2005, 07:47 PM
The Spurs always fly out the day/evening before a road game. Only a rookie would formulate or fall for this.

boutons
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
This is a BS topic, more BS, but funny:

======================

BBC

10 stories that could be pranks - but aren't

Today is 1 April, when jokers set out to fool and the rest of us are on our guard. Here is our annual round-up of some of the day's seemingly spoof news stories which are actually true.

1. A Japanese inventor has devised solar-powered clothes which can top up the battery on an iPod or mobile phone.

2. The Home Office is being asked to pardon Anne Boleyn, 500 years after she was executed, because she was "obviously innocent".

3. A study of men who attended lapdancing clubs found one man, named by researchers as "Graham the philanthropist" who went five times a week and believed "he was helping the women to make money quickly so they could become financially independent".

4. A family of four ate 20,000 Kit Kats to win prizes worth £12,000. "We had them for breakfast, dinner and tea," said 53-year-old Pat McGovern of Teesside.

5. Joss Stone has earned £5m, shooting her into the top 20 of a rich list of young entertainers. Will Young is worth £8m.

6. A Belgian police training manual which aims to help recruits understand body language has caused a row by likening George Bush's facial expressions to a chimpanzee's. :lol :lol :lol

(an insult to chimpanzee intelligence!)

7. Thousands of visitors are rushing to Death Valley to see a remarkable range of wild flowers which have bloomed there.

8. A tow-truck driver in South Africa has been arrested on suspicion of tampering with traffic lights to make accidents more likely.

9. Conmen in Slough are getting people to pay £400 for laptops, before handing over bags filled not with computer but with bottles of water.

10. Christopher Eccleston, fresh from getting critical acclaim and near-record ratings as the new Doctor Who, has quit.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/magazine/4400535.stm

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 08:50 PM
to all of you that are pissed that I made this thread, or to the more astute observers who are telling me i made it obvious, clearly a rookie thread, that was the whole point.

Come on i even made april 1 bold, does that look like any AP story you have ever seen?

and yes AHF you really are a genius, I couldn't have possibly realized that i had contradicted myself in the made up stroy, could I?

Kori Ellis
04-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I think it was an obvious joke. But I just don't like jokes that are about people getting hurt -- so that's why I didn't like it.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2005, 08:51 PM
And come on Kori, you're ruining it!!!! now no one is going to freak out and click my thread :depressed

but alas you're right, perhaps it would have been better to say he was quiting the team or demanding a raise so he could feed Eva.

boutons
04-01-2005, 08:54 PM
R2D, you shoulda gone Tabloid:

LoLo hits Tony Parker with $3M palimony suit!

baseline bum
04-01-2005, 08:56 PM
I liked the one SR did a couple of years ago about Pop stepping down. :lol

Mijo
04-01-2005, 09:41 PM
And come on Kori, you're ruining it!!!! now no one is going to freak out and click my thread Man, I'm freaked out!....... Seriously though, your joke was kind of in poor taste and I'm sure you didn't have any malicious intent behind it but better to apologize than try to defend it for 3 pages. JMO.:drunk

xcoriate
04-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Not funny