PDA

View Full Version : Is Mahinmi going to play in Summer league?

xellos88330
06-23-2009, 03:07 AM
I am not sure on his status, and if he will be playing during the summer league and preseason. Real life is getting in the way of my lurking here. :depressed

mountainballer
06-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Sprus will have to decide if he should either play summer league or the NBA regular season. hard to see him survive both events.

TimDunkem
06-23-2009, 04:40 AM
Sprus will have to decide if he should either play summer league or the NBA regular season. hard to see him survive both events.

haha So true. I feel the same way. :lol

bigdog
06-23-2009, 09:44 AM
There was an article about the Summer League schedule that said to expect Ian Mahinmi and George Hill to be on the Summer League roster this year.

I think he will be healthy, and if he shows any signs of the slightest injury, they pull him out and get him ready for training camp.

Bruno
06-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Ian said one month ago that he will play the SL:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3396282&postcount=99

DaBears
06-23-2009, 10:00 AM
I really want to see what he has to offer, spurs have been burned too many times ove rthe past couple of years and either european players or stateside. Dealing from injury's or contracts. If he do anything for the spurs through the first half of this season i would say cut your loses.

DPG21920
06-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I really want to see what he has to offer, spurs have been burned too many times ove rthe past couple of years and either european players or stateside. Dealing from injury's or contracts. If he do anything for the spurs through the first half of this season i would say cut your loses.

SL is difficult to gauge. Hill looked like a terrible player (at least he shot terrible, but he looked like he belonged) and Ian's last SL he looked so disinterested. It is hard to evaluate the SL, especially if the rotations are whacky.

duncan228
06-23-2009, 10:12 AM
There was an article about the Summer League schedule that said to expect Ian Mahinmi and George Hill to be on the Summer League roster this year.

The roster for the Spurs entry, which will be coached by assistant Don Newman, is still in flux. George Hill and Ian Mahinmi, summer league veterans both, are expected to headline the team.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128909

wildbill2u
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
If Mahimi can't compete without injury (again) in the brief summer league then the Spurs should put him in the back of their plans for the future.

Some guys at this height/weight are simply too brittle to survive the grind of the NBA physical play over 82 games plus playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2009, 12:59 PM
we're really going to need this guy for next year, especially if the RJ trade goes through..we need low-cost options..

bigdog
06-23-2009, 01:01 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is Newman fucking up the rotation this year again. Please, Newman, give Mahinmi enough minutes to prove himself!

Avitus1
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
if mahimi can't compete without injury (again) in the brief summer league then the spurs should put him in the back of their plans for the future.

Some guys at this height/weight are simply too brittle to survive the grind of the nba physical play over 82 games plus playoffs.

+1

Spurtacus
06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Okay Ian I'm giving you one more chance to prove yourself. Play hard cause we need you in the rotation next season!