PDA

View Full Version : Finley's House on Market?

PeterBurns
06-23-2009, 07:21 AM
:wakeup

Opt-in and Trade?

stxspurs
06-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Shuddup lsu fan!.....u are the enemy till ut wins the cws.......lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2009, 08:47 AM
heard his moving in with the duncans cause bateer isnt doing his job perfectly

PeterBurns
06-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Geaux Tigers....and yes. Perhaps he's like Ocho Cinco moving in Carson Palmer so they can be a better teammates

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2009, 01:00 PM
4 posts and no "moving in with Pop" jokes?..

PeterBurns
06-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Makes more sense now. They make this trade, Finley opt-in's and is sent on a trade to someone for a servicable journeyman big man. Udoka is gone, and so is Gooden.

And now this is question. Is Manu on the block as well.

Kori Ellis
06-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't think he'd already have his house on the market just because he might get traded. He's probably just moving to a bigger house :)

Bruno
06-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Finley can also opt out and retire or sign with another team.

timvp
06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't think he'd already have his house on the market just because he might get traded. He's probably just moving to a bigger house :)

Consider he's made more in his basketball career than David Robinson or Tim Duncan, that's a possibility.

Blackjack
06-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Probably just taking advantage of this bullish housing-market.:smokin

Kori Ellis
06-26-2009, 11:19 PM
His house is definitely on the market (open house on Sunday). But that's a relatively small/cheap house for the amount of money he has made. So maybe, he's just upgrading and moving to Dominion :)

phyzik
06-26-2009, 11:26 PM
His house is definitely on the market (open house on Sunday). But that's a relatively small/cheap house for the amount of money he has made. So maybe, he's just upgrading and moving to Dominion :)

REVERSE JINX! Nice post! :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
He's got a palace up here in Plano. That was just his SA home while playing for the Spurs.

He's neighbors with Michael Irvin.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2009, 12:03 AM
i wonder if he still has a house in phoenix?

maybe we can work out a deal to trade him to phoenix for almundson.....and call it a summer.

EricB
06-27-2009, 12:04 AM

maybe we can work out a deal to trade him to phoenix for almundson.....and call it a summer.

Why the fuck would you want that stiff?

Darkwaters
06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Probably just taking advantage of this bullish housing-market.:smokin

This housing market is awesome. It's the best time to buy a house in the last 25 years at least.

Now selling is another matter.

Fabbs
06-27-2009, 12:44 AM

You might want to be a little more sensitive towards Eric Park. There is no guarantee he can continue to be Finleys oil boy in Phoenix.

rogcl1
06-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Makes more sense now. They make this trade, Finley opt-in's and is sent on a trade to someone for a servicable journeyman big man. Udoka is gone, and so is Gooden.

And now this is question. Is Manu on the block as well.

No, and no. Everyone get over it . Manu is not going anywhere nor should he..Imaginations run wild.

Spurs9
06-27-2009, 12:50 AM

almundson?? please don't jynx us. :bang

loveforthegame
06-27-2009, 12:56 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread before. Anyway.

The timing sure is funny for him to put his house on the market. Why move into a bigger house if he's just playing one more year? Unless he's planning on retiring and living in SA permantly. Or if he knows he's not playing for SA this season and will be looking to relocate.

Interesting.

Twisted_Dawg
06-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Why on Earth would he opt out of a guaranteed contract that pays him a lot of money to take a huge risk at signing another contract at his age and diminished abilities?

And what team would give him even a two year $6 million contract?

exstatic
06-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Why on Earth would he opt out of a guaranteed contract that pays him a lot of money to take a huge risk at signing another contract at his age and diminished abilities?

And what team would give him even a two year $6 million contract?

Maybe he realizes that he's done? Maybe he doesn't care about the $2.5M, because Cuban is still paying him $5.1M per year over the next 6 years on the 10 year payoff of his Mavs contract? Maybe he's going to opt in anyway, even after the Spurs told him he would be traded to Memphis if he did, so he's leaving town anyway?

We'll find out in time.

Bruno
06-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Agree, I don't think money is a factor. Finley has earned $127M in his playing career. His player option his at $2.5M and in the FA market he will at least get a guaranteed min salary ($1.3M).

Finley picking his option or not will mainly depend on what Pop will say to him.
If pop said "you won't get significant playing time with you next year after the RJ acquisition and if you pick your option, there is a good chance that we use your expiring contract as a trade asset.", I don't see Finley picking his option.

timvp
06-27-2009, 10:00 AM
If Finley voluntarily leaves, this would go down as one of the best offseason weeks in Spurs history.

spursfaninla
06-27-2009, 10:40 AM
I wonder, timvp. Isn't Finley more useful to us as an expiring contract than as just a walk-away? In theory, Fin could be packaged with some other expirings, as some have said here, for almost 10m/yr. Without that, it just seems to limit our possibilities.

Perhaps with the draft and this trade, it is not really an important tool for us; perhaps we will rely on the MLE. And perhaps I am being greedy. But getting 2 rotation-quality players out of the MLE and a contract-dump trade would be excellent.

angelbelow
06-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I wonder, timvp. Isn't Finley more useful to us as an expiring contract than as just a walk-away? In theory, Fin could be packaged with some other expirings, as some have said here, for almost 10m/yr. Without that, it just seems to limit our possibilities.

Perhaps with the draft and this trade, it is not really an important tool for us; perhaps we will rely on the MLE. And perhaps I am being greedy. But getting 2 rotation-quality players out of the MLE and a contract-dump trade would be excellent.

ideally he would serve better as trade bait, but i think he would rather retire on his own accord then be trade bait. and i do see pop being honest with him about that type of stuff.

lurker23
06-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Here's a question: if Finley walks and Bruce retires, who backs up RJ at the 3? I think Gist is good for 10-15 minutes as an energy 4, but not sure he's quite there yet at the 3.

Bruno
06-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Here's a question: if Finley walks and Bruce retires, who backs up RJ at the 3?

Ginobili.

exstatic
06-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Ginobili.

Yeah, Pop's schemes and plays really don't differentiate between the two wing positions and the two post positions. I think I remember hearing that Mase and Ginobili switched that play at the end of the XMas game last year.

loveforthegame
06-27-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm sure Pop/RC have been honest with him so it's really up to Finley to decide his fate. Assuming they told him that he'd be trade bait should he pick his option up that is.

I doubt money is a factor at all. Or that he'd have a problem with limited minutes behind RJ.

The key is whether or not they're telling him that he'll be traded.

4RINGS
06-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Sheed is in SA to visit Finley's OPEN HOUSE tomorrow!!!!

ffadicted
06-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Findog isn't playing huge minutes as a starter next season, so I have a feeling he'll be a good role player. I wouldn't mind keeping him at all playing behind Jefferson Manu and Mason. As a trade bait, he would also work.

I think the worst outcome of this right now would be for Finley to opt out.