PDA

View Full Version : Relax, Mavs fans

Donnie Nelson
06-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I know the trade made by the Spurs today might cause some of you to panic, but don't worry. Remember, we beat the Spurs in 5 games this post-season. Does getting Jefferson help them enough to beat us? I think not. Josh Howard will continue to be a dominant X-factor.

The bottom line is that our core group is still strong enough to win a championship. We didn't really need a player like Jefferson because Shan Foster has improved by leaps and bounds and is ready to contribute anywhere from 10 to 25 points per game next season.

There's lots of rumors that we have significant trade chips in guys like Stackhouse and Dampier with their expiring or near-expiring contracts. Those rumors are false. Why trade Jerry Stackhouse when he is still capable of giving us solid minutes off the bench? And if we trade Dampier, who out there can replicate his 5 points and 7 rebounds a game? Not many players out there can do that.

Also, expect big things on draft night. There's a few Ukrainian prospects that can contribute to a championship team immediately. Nobody knows about them but me.

Stay tuned :lobt:

LeBronMVPjames
06-23-2009, 12:51 PM
What ukrainian prospects?

poop
06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
LMAO 'Ukranian prospects' hahaha.

bigdog
06-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I know the trade made by the Spurs today might cause some of you to panic, but don't worry. Remember, we beat the Spurs in 5 games this post-season. Does getting Jefferson help them enough to beat us? I think not. Josh Howard will continue to be a dominant X-factor.

The bottom line is that our core group is still strong enough to win a championship. We didn't really need a player like Jefferson because Shan Foster has improved by leaps and bounds and is ready to contribute anywhere from 10 to 25 points per game next season.

There's lots of rumors that we have significant trade chips in guys like Stackhouse and Dampier with their expiring or near-expiring contracts. Those rumors are false. Why trade Jerry Stackhouse when he is still capable of giving us solid minutes off the bench? And if we trade Dampier, who out there can replicate his 5 points and 7 rebounds a game? Not many players out there can do that.

Also, expect big things on draft night. There's a few Ukrainian prospects that can contribute to a championship team immediately. Nobody knows about them but me.

Stay tuned :lobt:

:lol

Findog
06-23-2009, 01:33 PM
The Spurs get things done to make their team better; the Mavs don't. Difference between the two franchises, besides the hardware.

Findog
06-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Mavs haven't had a good offseason since 04 when they retooled on the fly.

Halberto
06-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Yes, you beat us with a hobbled Duncan and with the absence of Ginobili...

Even assuming Ginobili will be hurt yet again, you have a healthy Duncan with Parker (always improving) and an athletic wing player that is the caliber near Howard.

dirk4mvp
06-23-2009, 02:05 PM
healthy Duncan

lol

Those 2 words haven't been in the same sentence in a while.