PDA

View Full Version : Teams already reloading to take out the Lakers

Artest93
06-23-2009, 01:00 PM
First, the Spurs make a great trade for Richard Jefferson, now they have a big four...

Houston will unload Mcgrady

Dallas will make a move

Hornets will try to make moves

Portland will get better

These teams are gearing up to reload even before free agency starts...Laker fans complained of their run being too easy, well, be careful what you wish for

redzero
06-23-2009, 01:03 PM
There's nothing the Nuggets can do to take out the Lakers. Never hook with a hooker, and LA is the ultimate hooker.

2Cleva
Punks jump up to get beat down.

:toast

But seriously, its good for the game. I'm not worried for LA until a big rotation can match Bynum, Gasol, and LO.

What will be interesting are the lesser teams. Phoenix definitely blows it all up now. I could see Dallas going the other way as well.

IronMexican
Good luck

LeBronMVPjames
06-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Cleveland will make a move!

iggypop123
06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
i dont think spursdynasty bitching about the teams to defeat counts as a laker fan

Artest93
06-23-2009, 01:08 PM
i dont think spursdynasty bitching about the teams to defeat counts as a laker fan

:lol

gaKNOW!blee
06-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Good luck

http://www.avclub.com/assets/images/media/movie/537/Taken_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

IronMexican
06-23-2009, 01:29 PM

That was a pretty good movie by Quigon

LeBronMVPjames
06-23-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.avclub.com/assets/images/media/movie/537/Taken_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

is that Gasol or Zohan or???

gaKNOW!blee
06-23-2009, 01:34 PM

That was a pretty good movie by Quigon

lol:lol

gaKNOW!blee
06-23-2009, 01:36 PM
is that Gasol or Zohan or???

:lmao It actually does look like Gasol. I bet that pic could be photoshopped into something funny. Especially with him showing that picture.

The Gemini Method
06-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Well, every year the hunter becomes the hunted, and as a fan of the Lakers and all things NBA, I would relish the challenge of next year. Win or lose, this is why we root for our teams...man.

LeBronMVPjames
06-23-2009, 01:49 PM
:lmao It actually does look like Gasol. I bet that pic could be photoshopped into something funny. Especially with him showing that picture.

put kobe on the pic

The Gemini Method
06-23-2009, 01:50 PM
The girl is not a blonde, so Kobe's pic wouldn't necessarily fit in there...

tlongII
06-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Punks jump up to get beat down.

:toast

But seriously, its good for the game. I'm not worried for LA until a big rotation can match Bynum, Gasol, and LO.

What will be interesting are the lesser teams. Phoenix definitely blows it all up now. I could see Dallas going the other way as well.

Our Bigs > Your Bigs

SouthTexasRancher
06-23-2009, 02:43 PM
First, the Spurs make a great trade for Richard Jefferson, now they have a big four...

Dallas will make a move

Portland will get better

These teams are gearing up to reload even before free agency starts...Laker fans complained of their run being too easy, well, be careful what you wish for

Me thinks Houston should UNload Scola back to the Spurs where he belongs! :lol

Indazone
06-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Scola to the Spurs? :lol

2Cleva
06-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Our Bigs > Your Bigs

Not even close.

When Aldridge learns how to stop shooting Js and Oden doesn't get hurt getting off the coach, then maybe you guys can dance.

z0sa
06-23-2009, 03:56 PM
spurs undoubtedly were going to make moves - all those retarded journalists who said we met the end of the road apparently, well, they're just idiots. Our core can win more titles in Tim's window, especially if Manu truly recovers to 100% this offseason.

The addition of a great scorer and defender like Jefferson definitely is aimed at LA. Their weak backcourt (other than Kobe, obviously) is easily exposed, along with their inconsistent D, and the Spurs went right about to exposing it with another highflying perimeter option in RJ.

Plus, You can pretty much take Odom out of the picture in LA IMO, so barring his signing to another contender I doubt Spurfan has much to worry about with him anymore. That leaves a not-so-seemingly-stacked LA team, minus Odom, to defend their title.

Spurs have already made sure that title defense will be no cakewalk. With RJ playing big minutes, Manu is all but guaranteed a healthy season.

DrHouse
06-23-2009, 04:14 PM
All the Lakers need to worry about is bringing back Odom and Ariza.

I don't think this move really skyrockets the Spurs to another level. They still have no frontcourt outside of Duncan. They need to move Ginobili for a legit big.

Killakobe81
06-23-2009, 09:50 PM
I thhink this moves insures ODom an dAriza comes back. if the have-nots are willing to give away talent in salary dumps, why overspend on Ariza or Odom?

And if we bring tehm bacjk I still like my team better tahn the Spurs ...
Yes Rj is better than Ariza but I would take Bynum, Gasol and Ariza over Duncsn , Jefferson and a scrub.

gaKNOW!blee
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
I thhink this moves insures ODom an dAriza comes back. if the have-nots are willing to give away talent in salary dumps, why overspend on Ariza or Odom?

And if we bring tehm bacjk I still like my team better tahn the Spurs ...
Yes Rj is better than Ariza but I would take Bynum, Gasol and Ariza over Duncsn , Jefferson and a scrub.

You mean like Bynum?

mystargtr34
06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Lakers are still a cut above the rest. The Spurs definately arent done with transactions though, if they can pick up a big with the MLE, and another with the LLE or with their draft pick, for insurance, things will look clearer.

Rasheed with the MLE and perhaps Rasho with the LLE, or draft a bigman with their pick - i think it moves the Spurs into 2nd in the pecking order.

They still have Gooden who they can resign too.

Thats still quite a few if's, so ill wait until they are done dealing before making predictions or giving expectations.

But so far so good.

KSeal
06-23-2009, 10:17 PM
This thread is so obvious. Really? The team that won the championship is the team everyone is chasing? Stunning.

tlongII
06-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Not even close.

When Aldridge learns how to stop shooting Js and Oden doesn't get hurt getting off the coach, then maybe you guys can dance.

Considering we led the league in rebounding I'd say Oh Yeah. We're better.

KSeal
06-23-2009, 10:33 PM
lmao

Artest93
06-23-2009, 10:35 PM

:lol just stop tlong!

Allanon
06-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Competition is great for the NBA and the fans. I do hope more teams improve their rosters and not wait for 2010.

I think the Jefferson trade was great for the Spurs, but they're still a competent big man away from beating the Lakers in the WCF.

Rockets gotta figure out what to do with McGrady, Artest and even Yao.

Portland needs to trade out some of their young talent for some vets.

Hornets will be slightly better.

I think Dallas is in a bad situation...they're good, just not good enough.

Nuggets will be worse next year.

Utah will get worse.

Suns have too many issues.

OKC will see alot of improvement and might make the Playoffs.

Clippers will also improve quite a bit.

KSeal
06-23-2009, 11:13 PM

Dallas will make a move

Portland will get better

lol at putting Dallas and NO on this list. Dallas can't make any moves that would put them past LA, NO is looking to make moves to dump salary, not get more competitive. Portland could give LA a run, Houston needs health which they never have, SA needs bigs and health which has been sketchy for them lately, Denver can't beat LA, the rest of the West has no chance to contend for anything better then 6th place.

Artest93
06-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Rockets gotta figure out what to do with McGrady, Artest and even Yao.

You're right on point....Artest will be resigned, McGrady is gonna be gone by training camp, but for who is the mystery, the Front office is intent on finding Yao a backup to limit his minutes....

iggypop123
06-24-2009, 02:25 AM

from all those jumpers they shoot. duh!

Chieflion
06-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Dallas can make a move next offseason to challenge the West by trading the completely UNGUARANTEED 13 million contract of Erick Dampier to another team for a star player or a few role players.